PDA

View Full Version : Beguiler... Wait what?!

Dr. Azkur
2014-02-03, 09:36 PM
PHBII lists them as having access to 9th levels spells but their spell list only has up to level 6 spells (And they are very few)... are they supposed to rely on advanced learning? Which, by the way gets them 5 spells throughout their entire career, only one of which is level 9 and they get a level AFTER they become able to cast 9th level spells (Makes no sense? Makes no sense.).
I've read the errata and it makes no mention of this.

Seriously guys, what am I missing?

geekintheground
2014-02-03, 09:39 PM
my version has them getting 1st-9ths and has spells known for all of them as well.

Malimar
2014-02-03, 09:41 PM
You're missing... 3/10ths of the Beguiler spell list.

My PHB2 lists 0th through 9th level spells. Page 11. The list isn't even separated over two pages or anything.

7th Level: ethereal jaunt, greater arcane sight, mass hold person, mass invisibility, phase door, power word blind, project image, spell turning.
8th Level: demand, discern location, mind blank, moment of prescience, power word stun, scintillating pattern, screen.
9th Level: dominate monster, etherealness, foresight, mass hold monster, power word kill, time stop.

Dr. Azkur
2014-02-03, 09:44 PM
Oh I figured out what's wrong... In fact just let this thread die. Quickly please.

Thank you. I'm 100% dumb.

Keldrin
2014-02-03, 10:17 PM
Happens to us all. In fact, I was befuddled by the lack of the Duskblade spell list. They kind of hid it after their example character, with no fanfare or even a title, I think it was unbolded italics. Yeesh. :redface:

Kaje
2014-02-03, 10:42 PM
I see what happened.

Malimar
2014-02-03, 10:51 PM
I'm a little curious what happened.

nedz
2014-02-03, 10:53 PM
Yes it's very confusing, it catches most people out.

In the spell tables they only list the new beguiler spells presented in PH2 — the real list is at the end of the class description.

Malimar
2014-02-03, 10:57 PM
Aha! I get what went wrong now.

Dr. Azkur
2014-02-03, 11:09 PM
Unbolded italics indeed.

Gnome Alone
2014-02-03, 11:27 PM
I prefer to think that you got hungry and began to eat the PHBII, Doc, subsequently forgetting about it. That's the movie in my head anyway.

Dr. Azkur
2014-02-04, 12:15 AM
ALRIGHT! You caught me! It's just so delicious and I was starving and I eat when I'm nervous and a very important surgery is coming up and I have to perform it without a medical team and at night because they haven't given me my license back BUT NOBODY CAN SAVE THAT CHILD BUT ME! (And certainly nobody understands how beneficial poison talons and a double liver can be for a growing child)

Gee I'm sorry I had to vent out some frustration there.

Don't tell anyone about my habits. My paper-eating habits, that is.

The Trickster
2014-02-04, 01:12 AM
Happens to us all. In fact, I was befuddled by the lack of the Duskblade spell list. They kind of hid it after their example character, with no fanfare or even a title, I think it was unbolded italics. Yeesh. :redface:

My friend and I did the same thing with the duskblade. It took us a month to finally notice the full spell list. It wasn't pretty. :smalltongue:

Dr. Azkur
2014-02-04, 01:20 AM
Talk about nerfing a class!

nedz
2014-02-04, 01:21 AM
Yep, it happened to me too — with both of those classes.:smallsigh:

Dr. Azkur
2014-02-04, 01:33 AM
It mostly was because it didn't occur to me that their lists and the wizards' shared spells! And because I'm a professional skimmer.

OH THE SHAME!

137beth
2014-02-04, 03:27 AM
ALRIGHT! You caught me! It's just so delicious and I was starving and I eat when I'm nervous and a very important surgery is coming up and I have to perform it without a medical team and at night because they haven't given me my license back BUT NOBODY CAN SAVE THAT CHILD BUT ME! (And certainly nobody understands how beneficial poison talons and a double liver can be for a growing child)

Gee I'm sorry I had to vent out some frustration there.

Don't tell anyone about my habits. My paper-eating habits, that is.

So...which sourcebook tastes the best? My money's on the Spell Compendium...or maybe Incarnum. I'm guessing LoM would taste the worst...

(Un)Inspired
2014-02-04, 03:57 AM
So...which sourcebook tastes the best? My money's on the Spell Compendium...or maybe Incarnum. I'm guessing LoM would taste the worst...

Complete psionic is kinda like pufferfish.

Rubik
2014-02-04, 04:35 AM
Complete psionic is kinda like pufferfish.Not removing the "errata" is like not removing the poison gland. It makes everything entirely unpalatable.

Dr. Azkur
2014-02-04, 04:36 AM
Apparently there is something about Tome of Magic that is just... so appealing to the tastes at first, yet you quickly realize it's raw. Cityscape is kind of like a fried hotdog with everything, and Spell Compendium is perfectly baked and filled with the greatest sauce in the world (although it's quite ugly to the eye)... or at least that's what my psychotic synesthetic patient answered. To me it's paper and ink.

Rubik
2014-02-04, 04:59 AM
Apparently there is something about Tome of Magic that is just... so appealing to the tastes at first, yet you quickly realize it's raw. Cityscape is kind of like a fried hotdog with everything, and Spell Compendium is perfectly baked and filled with the greatest sauce in the world (although it's quite ugly to the eye)... or at least that's what my psychotic synesthetic patient answered. To me it's paper and ink.And we all know how you feel about paper and ink.

Dr. Azkur
2014-02-04, 05:34 AM
And we all know how you feel about paper and ink.

:smallredface: yummy

Rubik
2014-02-04, 05:38 AM
:smallredface: yummyA.) You get plenty of fiber, and B.) You save on bathroom tissue in the long run.

nedz
2014-02-04, 08:01 AM
A.) You get plenty of fiber, and B.) You save on bathroom tissue Truenamer pages in the long run.

FTFY

Dr. Azkur
2014-02-04, 08:18 AM
FTFY

Hahaha... I would sig that if I could get the whole thing into context