PDA

View Full Version : E6 Build help

dragius
2014-02-04, 09:23 AM
Currently, my group is playing an E6 campaign and I need some help or at least some suggestions.

E6 Limitations
Characters stop at level 6 and gain feats every 5k exp afterwords. Feats that require prerequisite will be on a case by case (ie if a feat requires BAB +8 and I am only at +6 we need to run it by the DM before approved). Abilities from other classes/prestige will be allowed as feats as long as its not completely OP and I qualify for the class.

My current character is a Barbarian 1, Thug 2, Swashbuckler 3 see below for full stats.

Catfolk
Barbarian 1, Thug 2, Swashbuckler 3

Strength: 10 (0)
Dexterity: 20 (+5)
Constitution: 10 (0)
Intelligence: 16 (+3)
Wisdom: 8 (-1)
Charisma: 16 (+3)

Appraise: +3
Autohypnosis: -1
Balance: +12
Bluff: +9
Climb: +5
Concentration: +0
Cooking: -1
Decipher Script: +3
Diplomacy: +12
Disable Device: +3
Disguise: +3
Escape Artist: +13
Forgery: +3
Gather Information: +10
Handle Animal: +4
Heal: -1
Hide: +5
Intimidate: +10
Jump: +7
Knowledge: Arcana: +3
Knowledge: Architecture & Engineering: +3
Knowledge: Dungeoneering: +3
Knowledge: Geography: +3
Knowledge: History: +3
Knowledge: Local: +8
Knowledge: Nature: +3
Knowledge: Nobility & Royalty: +3
Knowledge: Psionics: +3
Knowledge: Religion: +3
Knowledge: The Planes: +3
Listen: -3
Literacy: +0
Move Silently: +7
Open Lock: +5
Psicraft: +3
Ride: +6
Search: +3
Sense Motive: +0
Skill Tricks: +1
Sleight of Hand: +8
Speak Language: +0
Spellcraft: +3
Spot: -5
Survival: +0
Swim: +0
Tumble: +13
Use Magic Device: +3
Use Psionic Device: +3
Use Rope: +6

Hit Points: 62 HP
Hit Dice: 1d12+5d10
Initiative: +7

Attack Bonus: +6/+1
(melee: +6/+1)
(ranged: +9/+4)

Fortitude Save: +8
Reflex Save: +7
Will Save: +0

Armor Class: 20
(touch: 16)
(flat-footed: 14)

Feats & Traits: Armor Proficiency (Light), Armor Proficiency (Medium), ASSASSIN’S STANCE, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Martial Study (Shadow Hand Stance), Martial Weapon Proficiency - All, Mobility, SHADOW BLADE (Dex to Dmg), Shield Proficiency, Simple Weapon Proficiency - All, Two-weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse, Cautious, Reactionary

Special Abilities: Low-Light Vision, Cautious, Lion Totem: Pounce (Su), Rage (1/day) (Ex), Twisted Charge [Movement] [Skill Trick] (Ex)

Masterwork Cold Iron Kukri (+12/+7, 1d4+3 damage, crit 18-20/x2)
Masterwork Cold Iron Rapier (+10/+5, 1d6+3 damage, crit 18-20/x2)
Shortsword (+11/+6, 1d6+3 damage, crit 19-20/x2)
Shortsword +1 , +1 fire dmg (+10, 1d6+4 damage, crit 19-20/x2)

With insightful strike, assassin stance I add my Dex, Str, and Int to dmg adding a total of +8 per attack

I only took barb for the spiritual lion totem (pounce) as well as HP, Swash for Insightful strike,weapon finesse and Fighter for the basic feats. I can change these around a bit.

So on to my question, What abilities/feats would you all recommend? I am currently the DMG dealer and Tank (lost our paladin for the most part) and would like to expand on dmg/AC. This is a low magic campaign or at least we haven't seen much in the way magic items. I have 2 feats at this time to spend and I dont know what would be best.

Any suggestions?

ddude987
2014-02-04, 09:42 AM
You have your attack bonus written as +6, do you mean base attack bonus? Because your actual total to-hit bonus should be much higher. As for damage dealing, the general way to increase damage dealt is power attack, but you only meet the prerequisites for that when raging. As for AC, AC without magic items and while being restricted to light armor is hard to optimize, and you're better off just taking a few hits. There are a few feats, such as dodge, but for the most part they aren't worth it.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-02-04, 10:10 AM
Barbarian trades Fast Movement for the Lion Spirit Pounce, so see if you can replace that level with a Ranger dip using this variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#ranger) (possibly combined with Urban Ranger (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#rangerVariantUrbanRang er)) and trade the same Fast Movement for the Lion Spirit Pounce.

Take the feat Craven from Champions of Ruin, it will give you another +6 damage when making a sneak attack.

Martial Study only gets you a maneuver, you need to spend another feat on Martial Stance to get Assassin's Stance.

With the sneak attack from Assassin's Stance you can take Daring Outlaw in CS to get another +2d6 sneak attack from Swashbuckler.

Just hope you never get caught in the gaze of a Vampire (Spawn) or similar effects. Consider taking Force of Personality in CV, Iron Will (possibly via the Otyugh Hole in CS without spending a feat on it), and/or Mage Slayer to boost that Will save.

dragius
2014-02-04, 10:12 AM
You have your attack bonus written as +6, do you mean base attack bonus? Because your actual total to-hit bonus should be much higher. As for damage dealing, the general way to increase damage dealt is power attack, but you only meet the prerequisites for that when raging. As for AC, AC without magic items and while being restricted to light armor is hard to optimize, and you're better off just taking a few hits. There are a few feats, such as dodge, but for the most part they aren't worth it.

I was strictly speaking regarding BAB +6 hence is why I took straight BAB classes. I was looking to optimize the character a bit using Feat, Abilities from Classes or just restructuring the character all together. Again I can strip the abilities from prestige/classes as long as I qualify for them.

Only way I see increasing AC is NA maybe DR. Dmg I could add sneak attack dmg on top of the 2d6 I already do but again after looking through multiple books I figure it be better to ask sense 300 is greater than 1 =)