PDA

View Full Version : Shadowblend question

kpumphre
2014-02-04, 09:33 AM
So I'm just full of them this morning

Shadow Blend (Su)

In any condition of illumination other than full daylight, a shadow can disappear into the shadows, giving it total concealment. Artificial illumination, even a light or continual flame spell, does not negate this ability. A daylight spell, however, will.

So I have this, what type of action is it? It dose not say. Also do I need to make a hide check? Moving should have no effect correct?

Diarmuid
2014-02-04, 11:37 AM
Unless otherwise stated, abilities are generally standard actions to activate.

There is nothing regarding the Hide mechanic in the ability description, so there doesnt seem to be any need to make a check. Similarly, there is no restriction on movement listed.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-02-04, 11:44 AM
A supernatural ability is a standard action to activate, but there's nothing to indicate that the effect ever ends unless you're no longer in the proper illumination conditions. So turn it on once and leave it on all the time.

You can make a hide check, but you don't really need to. Total concealment is basically invisibility, though opponents can easily pinpoint your location if you're not hiding. You cannot hide if being observed, but you can still benefit from total concealment and a 50% chance that opponents' attacks will miss.

Dr. Cliché
2014-02-04, 12:55 PM
So I have this, what type of action is it? It dose not say. Also do I need to make a hide check? Moving should have no effect correct?

I imagine it would be a Standard Action to activate that ability, after which it would be permanent (until you find yourself in daylight or voluntarily deactivate the power).

No Hide check is required, but move silently may be useful.

As far as I can tell, you can attack, cast spells, activate abilities etc., without breaking the effect.