PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Feats for Frenzied Berserker Dungeon Crasher

Rejusu
2014-02-04, 09:50 AM
Having a hard time narrowing down my feats. Background is that it's an ECL 13 Goliath with Barbarian 1 (Goliath sub level with spirit lion ACF), Fighter 6 (Dungeon crasher variant), Frenzied Berserker 5.

I have nine feat slots: five from class levels, two from fighter bonus feats, and two from flaws.

These four feats are set in stone as the entry requirements for FB: Power Attack (though I'd be taking this regardless), Destructive Rage, Intimidating Rage, and cleave.

Add in improved bullrush as dungeon crashing isn't viable without it.

That leaves me with:
Shock trooper, improved sunder, combat brute, leap attack, knock back, extra rage, and steadfast determination.

I'm thinking of using a custom item of blood frenzy to substitute for extra rage so I could probably do without it. Steadfast determination is on the table because while I have a contingency plan for ending frenzy if I fail the save I'd quite like to pass the damage based saves so I don't waste it. Plus it would let me dump wis for more int so I could get some much needed skill ranks.

What does everyone think?

Big Fau
2014-02-04, 11:00 AM
If you're going Dungeoncrasher, you need Knockback (RoS). Allows you to bull rush multiple times/round, with an extra bonus from Power Attack.

Toshiro
2014-02-04, 01:04 PM
I love the Dungeon Crasher Variant for the Fighter, just saying. Anyways, feat line looks good. If you're getting Steadfast Determination, you also need to get Indomitable Soul [PHII] Roll 2d20 on Will Saves and use the higher of the two? Flawless. Imperious Command [DoTU] (You need CHA 15 though.) but this is why charismatic barbarians rule! Demoralize your opponents for one round. That's one free round they will never get back. :D

Rejusu
2014-02-04, 06:13 PM
I love the Dungeon Crasher Variant for the Fighter, just saying. Anyways, feat line looks good. If you're getting Steadfast Determination, you also need to get Indomitable Soul [PHII] Roll 2d20 on Will Saves and use the higher of the two? Flawless. Imperious Command [DoTU] (You need CHA 15 though.) but this is why charismatic barbarians rule! Demoralize your opponents for one round. That's one free round they will never get back. :D

Thanks for the suggestions but I've got too many feats and not enough slots for them as it is. Indomitable Soul isn't worth taking another feat for. Although you have made me notice that Steadfast Determination has Endurance as a requirement so I might not be able to fit it in after all.