PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Fun Uses for Weaponwand

Karoht
2014-02-04, 01:06 PM
Weaponwand Spell (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/w/weaponwand)
Now right away, the description does say that this does not allow one to do weapon damage AND use a charge from the wand. Though I'm sure we would all love that.

But I was thinking, what could be some extremely fun uses for a spell like this?

"I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems... The answer? Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun."
Use a gun. Use Weapon Wand.
-Wand of Summon Monster 1 = BADGER GUN!
-Wand of Spiritual Weapon = Glowing celestial Hammer Gun!
-Wand of Aqueous Orb = Katamari Water Ball Gun!
-Wand of Summon Swarm = BEES Gun!
-Wand of Spit Venom = Poison Gun!
-Wand of Color Spray = Dubstep Gun!
-Wand of Magic Missile = Magic Missile Gun! (surprisingly, not all that cool sounding)
-Wand of Snapdragon Fireworks = Ro-ro-ro-rocket LAWN-CHA" Gun!
-Wand of Burning Hands = "Spaceballs the FLAME THROWER! Kids love this one." Gun!

Hey. I wonder if we could rebuild Mega Man using this spell.

Any other fun/silly/absurd uses we can come up with? Not just limited to guns of course.

Gazzien
2014-02-04, 03:00 PM
Weaponwand, Hammer/Maul, and Blockade.

The Hammer of "I need a wall, and I need it now."

Seerow
2014-02-04, 03:04 PM
Repair/Cure spells are the best for this sort of thing. "Oh your ____ is broken? Lemme shoot it, it'll be good as new".

Also I like how Pathfinder takes what used to be a mundane weapon upgrade and turns it into a spell.

Karoht
2014-02-04, 03:16 PM
No love for the Dubstep gun? Sadness.

We could probably copy a host of Ratchet and Clank type weapons. Sheepenator/Quack-o-blitzer/other animal transformation guns.

I'm still rather fond of a gun that shoots Badgers. Or snakes. Or cats. Maybe Nharwals. Afterall, they are the jedi of the sea.

Drachasor
2014-02-04, 03:39 PM
Most of the spells you listed won't be any different than normal, since Weapon Wand doesn't do anything special to them. They need to have an Attack Roll to use the weapon to release them. One could argue this allows you to make a melee spell into a ranged spell though. So you could CLW at a distance.

But I guess you can fluff the other stuff however you want. Though, couldn't you just make a special Badger Gun that's really just a wand but looks like a gun and has a trigger?

Karoht
2014-02-05, 10:13 AM
Most of the spells you listed won't be any different than normal, since Weapon Wand doesn't do anything special to them. They need to have an Attack Roll to use the weapon to release them.How do you figure?
"You can attack normally with the weapon or use the weapon as if it were the encased wand. If the effect created by the wand requires an attack roll to successfully strike a foe, you may make the attack roll as if you were making an attack with the weapon at its highest bonus (including any bonuses the weapon would normally receive) rather than just a normal attack with the wand—doing so does not allow you to add the weapon’s damage to the wand’s attack roll, but instead allows you to use your skill with the weapon to boost your chance of hitting with the spell"
It's saying you are considered to have the wand in your hand and you can use it normally, attack roll or no. If it requires an attack roll, you can make it using the weapon but you only gain hit bonuses as a result.

One could argue this allows you to make a melee spell into a ranged spell though. So you could CLW at a distance.I don't really see the connection, would you kindly make the argument?

But I guess you can fluff the other stuff however you want. Though, couldn't you just make a special Badger Gun that's really just a wand but looks like a gun and has a trigger?Which is what weapon wand is doing. It's a gun, I can shoot it, or I can use the charge of the wand to summon a Badger, which may look an aweful lot like I'm shooting a Badger at someone. It's being summoned into their adjacent square (and then attacking if it can), so if someone mistakes that as the gun actively launching Badgers at them, that is their business.

Drachasor
2014-02-05, 10:17 AM
Which is what weapon wand is doing. It's a gun, I can shoot it, or I can use the charge of the wand to summon a Badger, which may look an aweful lot like I'm shooting a Badger at someone. It's being summoned into their adjacent square (and then attacking if it can), so if someone mistakes that as the gun actively launching Badgers at them, that is their business.

Emphasis on the "may" there is all I am saying. When you make an attack roll it seems much more like you are actually shooting from the gun, since you make it as if you were attacking with it.

But with badgers or something, like I said you could just fluff a normal wand like that. No need for a spell. That's all I meant.

I recant the touch to ranged attack thing. It almost says that, but just barely doesn't.