PDA

View Full Version : Meetup Trogland Meetup VIII: Now with the appropriate amount of tentacles!

Pages : [1] 2

Gryffon
2014-02-04, 02:15 PM
http://trogland.penguinsushi.com/app/views/con/images/trogland_logo.png (http://trogland.penguinsushi.com)

What:

The Annual Southeast Trogland Meetup is a weekend full of friends and fun!
Traditional activities include:

Dinner at Cootie Browns (http://www.cootiebrowns.com/)
Dinner and gaming at Mid City Grill (http://www.eatatmidcity.com/)
Lots of homebrew
Cookout at the Ropes Course, featuring gaming and food cooked by everyone's favorite Mandalorian Chef.
Kubb (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kubb)
Ca$h 'n Gun$: Live (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/30324/cash-n-guns-live)
Live Werewolf
Gaming
More Gaming
Even More Gaming

Games available:

A Touch of Evil
Fortune and Glory
Last Night on Earth
Invasion from Outer Space
Ca$h 'n Gun$: Live
Times Up!
Cthulu Fluxx
Monsterpocalypse!
Munchkin(Various Varieties)
Miskatonic School for Girls
Sewer Pirats
Red Dragon Inn
Telestrations
Cards Against Humanity
Machine of Death
Forbidden Island

There is a registration fee. The vast majority of that goes toward snacks & tasties for saturday's cookout and for the hotel-space rental, but there are a couple of inexpensive-but-cool extras we typically throw in.
Registration Fee: $25

Registration for the meetup is available now at: trogland.penguinsushi.com (http://trogland.penguinsushi.com)

Who:

All forumites are invited! Bring friends too!

Confirmed(21):

smellie_hippie
Mountain_Faerie
Atreyu, the Masked Llama
Tim the Badger
Penguinsushi
Bardic Bunny and Baby Bunguin
Zeb
Alarra and Pudding Troll
Diva De
Gryffon
mangosta71
Philistine
Godiva
Reverant-One
Krade
Reinholdt
RabbitHoleLost
Lex-Kat
Ceika
Tantolian
Recaiden

Possible(9):

Zed the ZPG
Archonic Energy
turkishproverb
SMEE
gr8artist (+1)
Mauve Shirt
ZombieRockStar(+1)

In Spirit:

Dallas-Dakota
EmeraldRose
Lightwraith
Haruki-kun

Where:

Johnson City, TN

Important Note: The Hippie Hut is no longer the gathering/muster point. This location will be moved to our "host" hotel, the Best Western. Please do not drop by the Hippie Hut or the Igloo without a prior invitation.

Accommodations:

We will have a meeting area at the Best Western on N. Roan. It should be available to us starting at 6PM Friday evening until checkout time Sunday morning. As part of the booking, we have told them we will fill up a 10 room block. The room rates are pretty great. $79.99/night for 1-2 people, $84.99/night for 3-4. These rates are for Friday and Saturday night.

The number to contact the Best Western at is: 423/282-2161.
Please wait until next week before calling to make a reservation.
The group name for this block is "Trogland Meetup."
We need to have the 10 rooms booked before June.
Please up the thread if you reserve one of these rooms, so that we can keep track of what is left/available.

Room Count(Confirmed): 10(11?)
*They will add extra rooms, but we'll need to make sure to get at least 10.

Hotel Amenities include:
Restaurant on-site
Cocktail lounge
Complimentary breakfast
Outdoor pool
Free internet

When:

Begins: Friday afternoon June 20th
Ends: Sunday afternoon June 22nd

No official events will be happening outside this time!
However, feel free to coordinate with other attendees if you think you may be arriving early/leaving late, to form your own events.

Why:

Quite simply, because it's fun. Trogland is full of people. The Trogland Meetup is attended by some of the most awesome people in all of Trogland. Do you really want to miss that?

Additional Information:

Gone Meetupin' Avatar:
http://www.karetas.com/RP/avatars/meetup.gif

Previous Threads:
I. :smallfrown:
II. Second Annual Southeast(ish) Trogland Meetup (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70958)
III. South East Trogland Meet-up 09! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105955)
IV. 4th Annual Southeast Trogland Meetup! A roaring success! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140649)
V. 5th Annual Southeast Trogland Meetup! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186025)
VI. Trogland Meetup Episode VI: The Return of the Forumites (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232588)
VII. Trogland Meetup VII: Forum Children (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268625)

*Update attendance through fifth page

Diva De
2014-02-04, 02:18 PM
Yaaaaaaaaay! This means our event is in the foreseeable future!

Indurain
2014-02-04, 02:23 PM
You can count on an Indy, and most likely a Fufa. :)

Penguinsushi
2014-02-04, 02:28 PM
Red 5 standing by.

Yeah, I plan to have the updated site up and ready for registration on or before March 1st (I'll keep you posted).

@Indurain - two counts of awesome. :smallsmile:

~PS

Ceika
2014-02-04, 02:33 PM
Consider us a definite "maybe" this year. :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2014-02-04, 03:31 PM
I'l be in France this year, experiencing a rather awesome festival called Hellfest, but I'l be there in spirit.(And I'l have a mini-meet with Grimbold and possibly some others.:smallbiggrin:)

Next year I'l most likely be a working man though, so I might finally have the funds to attend.(And be 21, that is a important thing.:smalltongue:)

mangosta71
2014-02-04, 03:58 PM
In. I need to remember my cards from last year since Sushi and Bunny didn't make it on Sunday afternoon to provide autographs.

Also, I expect Telestrations to make an appearance (how could you leave that off your list?).

I will have my copy of Cards Against Humanity (with all 4 expansions, plus the box minipack and special holiday cards), Machine of Death, and Forbidden Island. And any other games I happen to pick up between now and then.

Philistine
2014-02-04, 06:02 PM
Planning to attend. Glad I didn't book vacation for the 27th-29th. :smallamused:

Godiva
2014-02-04, 06:46 PM
I'll be there, I'm happy about the dates it's the only time in June not booked at work. Might have a guest, working on that. If not I know Diva will be happy to have me :smallbiggrin:

smellie_hippie
2014-02-04, 07:17 PM
<this space reserved for random hippie exposition>
*stabs Archie*

Penguinsushi
2014-02-04, 07:29 PM
Also, I'm hoping the previous participants are planning on playing the conclusion to the Little Fears game we started in 2012...

~PS

mangosta71
2014-02-04, 08:43 PM
Also, I'm hoping the previous participants are planning on playing the conclusion to the Little Fears game we started in 2012...

~PS
I could probably be convinced to participate.

Just noticed the date. Not the last weekend in June this year? :smalleek:

smellie_hippie
2014-02-04, 09:08 PM
Just noticed the date. Not the last weekend in June this year? :smalleek:

Yes. Moved date back one week to avoid conflicts with 4th of Juy ant Canada Day.

Reverent-One
2014-02-04, 09:31 PM
Whoo, Trogland! I'll be there.

Zed the ZPG
2014-02-04, 09:38 PM
I want to come. I want to come. I want to come...but I will have to say just possible for now. I'm so excited this thread is open. :smallbiggrin::smalltongue::smallcool:

Krade
2014-02-04, 09:42 PM
You know I'm there. Of course I'll be there.

I plan on trying to run an OotS Adventure Game this year. Hopefully enough people will be interested. I still have never come close to finishing a game (or really halfway, for that matter). I hope to correct that.

Alarra
2014-02-05, 12:20 AM

~PS
Definitely in for this. :smallsmile:

Philistine
2014-02-05, 12:52 AM

~PS
Oh my goodness yes.

I want to come. I want to come. I want to come...but I will have to say just possible for now. I'm so excited this thread is open. :smallbiggrin::smalltongue::smallcool:
If it helps - and if schedules can be reconciled - you are on our way.

Archonic Energy
2014-02-05, 09:57 AM
Seriously, theoretically attending this meet is 1/4 of the price of theoretically attending Myrtle...

I'll consider it... again.

Mauve Shirt
2014-02-05, 04:08 PM
As of yet there is nothing impeding my attendance!

Haruki-kun
2014-02-05, 06:25 PM
Once again, write me in as a "maybe". I have no idea where I'll be or what I'll be doing.

Zed the ZPG
2014-02-05, 09:20 PM
If it helps - and if schedules can be reconciled - you are on our way.

That's a definite check in the plus column. Road trip!

Reinholdt
2014-02-06, 12:44 AM
I live about ten minutes from the Greensboro, NC airport now. After which it's about a 3.5 hour drive to Johnson City (or Myrtle Beach for that matter). I'm not sure if that would be cheaper than whatever usual airport is used, but thought I'd put it out there as an option to be considered.

ZombieRockStar
2014-02-08, 11:43 AM
After a complete failure to attend last year, I refuse to miss another. Definite yes (with husband) for this year.

EmeraldRose
2014-02-08, 12:27 PM
We will have to be an In Spirit, once again. I just can't figure out how to make it work. :smallfrown:

RabbitHoleLost
2014-02-09, 12:37 PM
If Mango and Phil are going, it's very likely I'll be up on it, too.
Afterall, what would you guys do without a Rabbit to kiss your booboos? :smalltongue:

mangosta71
2014-02-09, 01:30 PM
I'll make sure I accrue some booboos this year, then. :smallwink:

Gryffon
2014-02-10, 09:24 AM
I'll make sure I accrue some booboos this year, then. :smallwink:

Just hangout in Reinholdt's room, that's where I hear they happen.

RabbitHoleLost
2014-02-10, 10:58 AM
There's a special if you get hurt in Rein's room.

This years Bandaids include the leftover My Little Pony ones from last year and the Hello Kitty ones from the year before.
I'm looking for something more childish this year for all of you big babies.

Philistine
2014-02-10, 12:40 PM
More childish? What are you gonna do, put anyone who gets hurt in a cloth diaper and hand 'em a pacifier? :smalltongue:

Diva De
2014-02-10, 12:55 PM
If Mango and Phil are going, it's very likely I'll be up on it, too.
Afterall, what would you guys do without a Rabbit to kiss your booboos? :smalltongue:

I totally read that as boooooobs.

Zed the ZPG
2014-02-10, 01:22 PM

This years Bandaids include the leftover My Little Pony ones from last year and the Hello Kitty ones from the year before.

I think I might have some Strawberry Shortcake ones. Would those work?

KuReshtin
2014-02-11, 04:58 AM
I totally read that as boooooobs.

*mental picture*:smallredface:

If I were to get there, I'd bring my bandaids with skulls and dragons and flames and stuff on them, to even out the MLP and Hello Kitty bandaid overload.

Then again, I'm unlikely to get there, unless Archie decides to give me about £600 to pay for the flight. :smallfrown:

Archonic Energy
2014-02-11, 12:50 PM
Sure. Just sign here...

RabbitHoleLost
2014-02-11, 01:09 PM
If I were to get there, I'd bring my bandaids with skulls and dragons and flames and stuff on them, to even out the MLP and Hello Kitty bandaid overload.

Not allowed.
Nurse Rabbit allows no such stereotypically manly bandaid attire in her first aid kit, thank you.
When I kiss your booboos, I want everyone to know I had to make the poor baby feel better :smallamused:

KuReshtin
2014-02-12, 04:51 AM
Not allowed.
Nurse Rabbit allows no such stereotypically manly bandaid attire in her first aid kit, thank you.
When I kiss your booboos, I want everyone to know I had to make the poor baby feel better :smallamused:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hang on there a second.
Who said I'd let you have them in your first aid kit in the first place?:smalltongue:
They're mine. They even come in a spiffy metal box with even more flames and dragons and stuff on it.

However, the point is moot, since Archie probably wants an extortionate amount of interest, or for me to name my children 'Archie-Rulez' as a middle name or something for giving me the money for the air fare.

turkishproverb
2014-02-12, 08:00 AM
I might have jury duty, but I'll try to make it.

Philistine
2014-02-12, 09:33 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hang on there a second.
Who said I'd let you have them in your first aid kit in the first place?:smalltongue:
They're mine. They even come in a spiffy metal box with even more flames and dragons and stuff on it.

However, the point is moot, since Archie probably wants an extortionate amount of interest, or for me to name my children 'Archie-Rulez' as a middle name or something for giving me the money for the air fare.

Middle name? You think you'd get away that easily? :smallbiggrin:

KuReshtin
2014-02-12, 09:37 AM

I can only hope... I hear he's planning on using white text when drawing up the contract...

smellie_hippie
2014-02-12, 10:12 AM
I can only hope... I hear he's planning on using white text when drawing up the contract...

This policy is null and void due to *stabbity death* .
*made you look, didn't I?*

Archonic Energy
2014-02-12, 01:11 PM
:smallamused: something like that...

you think I care about the name... mmmmm baby back ribs... :smallamused:

yuuuuuup.

This policy is null and void due to *stabbity death* .
*made you look, didn't I?*
:smallsigh:
yes. yes you did.

SMEE
2014-02-18, 08:26 PM
Put me as a maybe.
This seems to happen around the time of a certain FIFA World Cup event that will be taking place on my city, and which I DO want to run from.

Krade
2014-02-19, 01:23 AM
Put me as a maybe.
This seems to happen around the time of a certain FIFA World Cup event that will be taking place on my city, and which I DO want to run from.

I don't blame you. The Super Bowl was here a couple years ago and while I'm pretty sure it's not quite as big a deal (globally) as the World Cup, it was kind of a nightmare.

So glad I don't work downtown *shudders*

Reinholdt
2014-02-19, 01:28 AM

If I don't unexpectedly and viciously maim someone when they least expect it, I'm just not doing my job correctly.

Diva De
2014-02-19, 12:23 PM
Put me as a maybe.

I'm totally gonna take credit for this if Smee comes.

Reinholdt
2014-02-19, 12:32 PM
I'm not sure it's a good thing to take credit for Playgrounders fleeing in terror De. :smallconfused:

mangosta71
2014-02-19, 02:50 PM
I'm not sure it's a good thing to take credit for Playgrounders fleeing in terror De. :smallconfused:
Have we met?

RabbitHoleLost
2014-02-23, 07:58 PM
Apparently
I'm being taken to Disney World that weekend.

I guess I'll be missing you guys this year.
:(

tyckspoon
2014-02-23, 08:04 PM
New plan, Trogland is now being held in Disney World.

ION, Ecrinya and I may not be attending this year either. There are several things in June and June adjacent that we want to attend, and moving Trogland earlier regrettably puts it in potential conflict with one that we have already committed to be at.

Mauve Shirt
2014-02-23, 08:18 PM
Apparently

(ノಠ_ಠ)ノ︵┻━┻

LightWraith
2014-02-23, 10:23 PM
Ah, good ol' Trogland Meetup thread. Unfortunately I'll have to be there "in spirit" again this year. I'll almost certainly have class during the weekend in June, since our "Summer Break" falls at the end of that month.

I only have a year to go until I graduate though, so assuming I can score a job I should be there next year. If I don't have a job I might come anyway and hide in the mountains from the student loan people.

However,

Apparently

I'm 30 minutes from Disney World. So at the very least we should hang out for a bit when you come down here Rabbit. Have our own 2-person Meetup!

I'll be following the thread and the festivities, so everyone have fun! I'll do my best to be there next year.

RabbitHoleLost
2014-02-23, 11:29 PM
I'm 30 minutes from Disney World. So at the very least we should hang out for a bit when you come down here Rabbit. Have our own 2-person Meetup!

It's actually
hahhaha
A date?
:smallredface:
So while I would love to sneak away to see you for a little bit, I think said date might not be so okay with that

LightWraith
2014-02-23, 11:39 PM
It's actually
hahhaha
A date?
:smallredface:
So while I would love to sneak away to see you for a little bit, I think said date might not be so okay with that

Aww no worries! Enjoy the trip! I hear Disney World is pretty cool (lived here for a year and haven't been...well, since I was little, but that doesn't count!) :smallcool:

I've got classes called fun things like "Engine Development 2" and "Optimization" that month, so odds are I won't be very functional by the end of the month anyway.

Philistine
2014-02-23, 11:56 PM
Apparently

(ノಠ_ಠ)ノ︵┻━┻

Well said, Mauve.
:smallfrown::smallyuk:

RabbitHoleLost
2014-02-26, 03:32 PM
Good news, everyone!
you're all fired
Disney was moved to May because boys are stupid
I'm coming after all- please contain yourselves

mangosta71
2014-02-26, 03:37 PM
YOU CAN'T MAKE ME.

Philistine
2014-02-26, 04:21 PM
Good news, everyone!
you're all fired

Unpossible. My excitement at this news threatens to achieve critical mass - it's anybody's guess whether the planet will survive.

Mauve Shirt
2014-02-26, 05:50 PM
Good news, everyone!
you're all fired

┬─┬ノ(^_^ノ)

Gryffon
2014-02-27, 09:12 AM
┬─┬ノ(^_^ノ)

I understand facebook now!

Penguinsushi
2014-02-27, 09:42 PM
Awesome, Rabbit.

Update: Site won't be up by March 1st as originally planned. I've been totally slammed at work for most of this month - an unfortunate side effect of which is that more code is about the last thing I want to do by the time I get home, so progress has been slow. The good news is that progress has occurred and I still *want* to do it, I just need a little more time/motivation to pull it together.

Soon.

~PS

Lex-Kat
2014-03-06, 10:53 PM
IN! I mean, I'll definitely be attending this event. And I'm very happy that Rabbit will be there to attend to my booboos in the middle of the night again. :smallbiggrin:

Diva De
2014-03-09, 09:31 AM
Does anyone wanna share a room with a friendly, quiet couple? We have some local friends who are broke college students but would like to join us. Those attending Myrch will get to meet them!

They know about registration costs and are just worried about room costs, thus the inquiry on splitting.

Reinholdt
2014-03-09, 09:41 AM
I might, but I might also be sharing a room with a friendly, quiet couple of my own. I need to bug them about it and find out. Was hoping to just show them the website and explain from there, but I'll go the circuitous route.

I'll know more next weekend.

ZombieRockStar
2014-03-09, 12:00 PM
Does anyone wanna share a room with a friendly, quiet couple? We have some local friends who are broke college students but would like to join us. Those attending Myrch will get to meet them!

They know about registration costs and are just worried about room costs, thus the inquiry on splitting.

We are also a friendly quiet couple of broke students. Splitting a 2-bed shouldn't be a problem.

The Valiant Turtle
2014-03-13, 04:08 PM
I'm going to be a maybe for now. Finances are tight for us this year. I'll speak with Mrs. Turtle about it. I may be in the looking-for-roommates club.

mangosta71
2014-03-13, 04:13 PM
I've started getting automated emails about events being added to the site.

Soon.

Penguinsushi
2014-03-13, 08:44 PM
I've started getting automated emails about events being added to the site.

Soon.

Oops. I'll have to look at that code again. You shouldn't be. :smallredface:

But yes, soon. Almost there.

~PS

Mauve Shirt
2014-03-13, 08:45 PM
I'm drowning in automated emails over here!!!

Penguinsushi
2014-03-13, 09:38 PM
I'm drowning in automated emails over here!!!

Really? By my count, you probably received...maybe 6? Wouldn't have called that "drowning" exactly. :smallwink:

Anyway, that should be "fixed" now. Some things are kind of a work in progress.

~PS

mangosta71
2014-03-13, 11:05 PM
My comment wasn't a criticism. Just trying to convey/contain my excitement.

Krade
2014-03-14, 12:04 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm most excited about "Test Event."

Reinholdt
2014-03-14, 12:07 AM
I'm just happy to receive an email. Oh boy! =D

Lex-Kat
2014-03-14, 02:53 AM
My comment was a criticism. Just trying to convey/contain my excitement.

:smallconfused: I hope you meant to say it wasn't a criticism.... right?

I'm with Krade. The test Event sounds like great fun. I wonder what we'll be tested for? :smallbiggrin:

mangosta71
2014-03-14, 08:11 AM
And here we have a textbook example of what happens when I attempt coherence after a long day. Not that I'm any better in the morning.

smellie_hippie
2014-03-14, 10:11 AM

Are you sure about that? :smallamused:

Penguinsushi
2014-03-14, 12:45 PM
My comment wasn't a criticism. Just trying to convey/contain my excitement.

I didn't figure it was, man. Just kinda caught me off-guard, since I didn't think anyone but me was getting those. :smallsmile:

Note to self: re-add event called "Test Event". Make it something ridiculous. :smallamused:

~PS

Penguinsushi
2014-03-14, 08:26 PM
Trogland Registration site is now (back) online!

URL: trogland.penguinsushi.com (http://trogland.penguinsushi.com)

Nothin' fancy - just wanted to make the design a bit cleaner. I'm pretty happy with the results.

As before, a work in progress. Let me know if you come across any bugs (particularly with respect to registration).

~PS

Lex-Kat
2014-03-14, 11:52 PM
Oh my! A countdown to Trogland! :smallbiggrin: I like it.

The Valiant Turtle
2014-03-15, 12:07 PM
Wow, there's a picture of me in the logo text (which is really well done). I'll really have to try and make it.

Mauve Shirt
2014-03-16, 06:24 AM
Goodness gracious, I'm there too! Imagine if I hadn't worn a mauve shirt that day!

So there's some question as to my attendance, I'm pretty sure it's not going to be a problem but I'm waiting for that to clear up before I register.

Gitman00
2014-03-20, 08:15 PM
Unfortunately, it will be logistically impossible for Blue_Roses and me to make it this year. Uncle Sam has decreed that we relocate to New Mexico, and we'll be in the process of moving during the meetup. Much love, and we shall miss you all!

Penguinsushi
2014-03-20, 08:31 PM
Unfortunately, it will be logistically impossible for Blue_Roses and me to make it this year. Uncle Sam has decreed that we relocate to New Mexico, and we'll be in the process of moving during the meetup. Much love, and we shall miss you all!

BOO. You will be missed, man. Hope to see you next year.

~PS

Lex-Kat
2014-03-31, 12:25 PM
Hello people. I am confirmed for June 20th, room reserved and ready to go. I'll be bringing shin pads. :smallbiggrin:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2014-04-01, 08:46 PM
Hello people. I am confirmed for June 20th, room reserved and ready to go. I'll be bringing shin pads. :smallbiggrin:

That's awesome, Lex! I've been scouting some new games for the con!

I do have a question for everybody. The past few years I've ran Arkham Horror for people on Friday night, but I don't think the venue is good for that. Should we continue battling eldritch evil on Friday or I was wondering if people would be interested in playing some multiple sets of Munchkin mixed together, instead? That could support a group of 8.

Also, I don't own Mice and Mystics, but I've pondered buying it. Would 5 people be interested in being in a co-op boardgame where you play as mice battling against the forces an evil sorceress as a Friday night adventure?

The Valiant Turtle
2014-04-06, 04:46 PM
It just got more unlikely that I'll be able to attend. Mrs. Turtle has a major system upgrade going on at work that weekend. There is slight chance my in-laws will come to the rescue for that weekend though. We will see.

Diva De
2014-04-06, 06:34 PM
That's awesome, Lex! I've been scouting some new games for the con!

I do have a question for everybody. The past few years I've ran Arkham Horror for people on Friday night, but I don't think the venue is good for that. Should we continue battling eldritch evil on Friday or I was wondering if people would be interested in playing some multiple sets of Munchkin mixed together, instead? That could support a group of 8.

Also, I don't own Mice and Mystics, but I've pondered buying it. Would 5 people be interested in being in a co-op boardgame where you play as mice battling against the forces an evil sorceress as a Friday night adventure?

I believe Sir Six has Mice Mystics. If he comes, I will make sure he brings it. Otherwise I will see if I can borrow it.

Lex-Kat
2014-04-06, 07:49 PM
I believe Sir Six has Mice Mystics. If he comes, I will make sure he brings it. Otherwise I will see if I can borrow it.
Isn't that the game he won in October? It looked like an interesting game.

Gryffon
2014-04-07, 08:57 AM
That's correct, Lex.

Lex-Kat
2014-04-07, 12:46 PM
Good. :smallbiggrin: Now add me to the confirmed list already. :smallamused:

Gryffon
2014-04-07, 01:07 PM
I've been updating a page at a time until it gets closer, just so that I don't have to remember where I left off, other than the page I list did.

Penguinsushi
2014-04-09, 11:48 AM

Wait, "if"? There was an "if" in that sentence? Why is there an "if" in that sentence, De? Such things should not be "if"ed. That's "if"ed up.

In my confirmed list, we have:

Godiva
Reinholdt
Lex-Kat
Recaiden
Mango
Mauve
Zombie

~PS

mangosta71
2014-04-09, 04:54 PM
That's a pretty short list. Or is that for the LF game? I was holding off on registering for that since I missed last year's session.

Godiva
2014-04-10, 06:43 AM
That's a pretty short list. Or is that for the LF game? I was holding off on registering for that since I missed last year's session.

Yes I don't know if missing last year's LF removed our character from play or not. I'd love to be part of it if my character survived my absence.

Reinholdt
2014-04-10, 09:10 AM
I haven't been a part of LF. I was thinking about joining up cause Sushi makes a great DM, but I'd rather people who were in it finish the saga and I hit whatever he'll have planned next time.

I think Penguin's list consists of everyone registered on the website?

Alarra
2014-04-10, 11:19 AM
I haven't registered yet, but am obviously coming. I do hope to play in Little Fears again. :smallbiggrin:

Lex-Kat
2014-04-10, 11:28 AM
Most likely, as I know I haven't joined the Fears game. It does look like a fun game though. I wish I'd joined the first game.

Penguinsushi
2014-04-10, 01:38 PM
Yeah, Reinholdt is correct - that list is everyone who's 'confirmed' registered on the site. Not too many yet, but that's alright - you've got till the end of may.

Re: Questions about Little Fears participation: The game's been open to anyone every year - though I do give preference to people that were previously in the game if they want to play. I'm not so rigid with the continuum that swapping PCs matters. There will be a general setup/recap as I don't think even those that played previously can be expected to remember what actually happened - and some of the details will be tweaked for this year's session.

~PS

Diva De
2014-04-11, 07:19 PM
I intend to play Little Fears and finish the saga. I just haven't registered yet.

Penguinsushi
2014-04-12, 07:44 AM
I intend to play Little Fears and finish the saga. I just haven't registered yet.

Great!

But you didn't answer my question. :smallwink:

~PS

Diva De
2014-04-12, 12:53 PM
Great!

But you didn't answer my question. :smallwink:

~PS

About Sir Six? Unsure - I will ask.

Lex-Kat
2014-04-12, 09:43 PM
Hello. So, I have a lot of games. Fewer than some of you, and most of them owned by those same playgrounders. I'm not driving my Challenger down this year, and so I'll have less room for those said games. So I figure I'll list all the games I have. This way, those who have limited room themselves can know what they can go ahead and set aside and allow me to bring instead. And those who have a game and want to bring it, can do so and I can leave mine at home. Third option being we both bring the game, as it's popular enough more than one group might wish to play it.

Also: ANNOUNCEMENT: At the end of last year, a small leather dice bag was found with my games. When we asked around, nobody that was still there claimed it as theirs. So I brought it home, thinking to announce it in last years thread..... and forgot about it. :smallfrown: And no one brought it up about missing said dice bag. Description: Small leather dice bag with 9 dice in it. 8 ten-sided and 1 six-sided.

Battlestar Galactica

Pegasus
Exodus
Daybreak

Cards Against Humanity +1-4 expansions
Crappy Birthday
Dead Fellas
Death by Dice
Five Crowns
Guillotine
Hero vs. Guardian
Hex Hex XL
Hike
Imaginiff...
Kanzume Goddess
Kill Dr. Lucky
Knock Down, Drag Out
Mad Quao
Munchkin Deluxe (no expansions)
Pandemic
Poo
Quelf (the original, not the boring new updated one :smallyuk:)
Red Dragon Inn 1-4

w/ Extra Characters, minus Pooky

Save Dr. Lucky
7 Wonders

Cities
Leaders

Shootin' Ladders
Small World

Grand Dames
Cursed
Be Not Afraid

Tau
Telestrations
Touch of Evil, a

Something Wicked...
Coast, the

Tsuro of the Seas
Ultimate Werewolf
We Didn't Playtest This At All

Chaos Pack
We Didn't Playtest This Either

Win, Lose, Banana
Zombicide

Toxic City Mall
Prison Outbreak

Zombie Dice

Mauve Shirt
2014-04-12, 10:26 PM
I know that every single one of my games will be duplicated by another playgrounder, but I'll bring them. In case we need to have 5 simultaneous games of Cards Against Humanity. :smallbiggrin:

CAH 1, Red Dragon Inn 1, 2 and Pooky, Telestrations, Smash-Up and expansion, Elder Sign, and of course Cribbage and Scrabble. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2014-04-13, 12:18 PM
Lex! I will have Save Dr. Lucky, A Touch of Evil, Zombie Dice, Munchkin, We Didn't Playtest This, and Quelf, if you don't want to bring them.

Tim the Angry Badger has Pandemic (new version), and Kill Dr. Lucky.

Please bring back Tsuro of the Sea!

Haruki-kun
2014-04-13, 05:01 PM
Le sad. I think I can now confirm that you can move me to the "In Spirit" list.

Things just got horribly complicated on my end, and regardless of how things turn out, I won't be able to attend.

Thanks, and hopefully see you all next year.

Lex-Kat
2014-04-13, 09:23 PM
Awww. :smallfrown: I'm sorry to hear that, Ruki. Hope things work out in your favor, and that we will see you next year.

mangosta71
2014-04-13, 09:46 PM
I will be bringing:

Card Against Humanity + 4 expansions + the Big Black Box + special holiday cards
Forbidden Island
Least I Could Do
Story War
Dr. McNinja's Legendary Showdown (assuming it arrives in time)

And, ya never know, I may pick up another game or two between now and then.

RabbitHoleLost
2014-04-15, 10:43 PM
Uhhh.
I'm wavering again.
See, I've got this new relationship that lives across the country and Walgreens only allows me a little over 2 weeks of vacation and I'm using one week to go to Disney with said relationship
But I'm not sure if I want to use the rest on Trogland or skip out this year in favor of having time with boything
or
ughhhhh
dating a navy corpsman is haaaaaaaaard
(DOn't you know, Rabbit, dating is hard)

Alarra
2014-04-17, 12:35 PM
Could across the country person come to Trogland with you?

Ceika
2014-04-17, 04:32 PM
Ok, so I can officially state that we will not be flying out there this year...

Instead, we are driving! Tantolian and I will be attending in more than spirit this time! See y'all in June! :smallbiggrin:

Alarra
2014-04-17, 06:13 PM
Instead, we are driving! Tantolian and I will be attending in more than spirit this time! See y'all in June! :smallbiggrin:
Yay! We miss you guys so much!

Mauve Shirt
2014-04-17, 06:29 PM
Uhhh.
I'm wavering again.
See, I've got this new relationship that lives across the country and Walgreens only allows me a little over 2 weeks of vacation and I'm using one week to go to Disney with said relationship
But I'm not sure if I want to use the rest on Trogland or skip out this year in favor of having time with boything
or
ughhhhh
dating a navy corpsman is haaaaaaaaard
(DOn't you know, Rabbit, dating is hard)

I can bring him with me to Trogland.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2014-04-17, 09:28 PM
*Happy Llama Dance*

RabbitHoleLost
2014-04-17, 10:36 PM
I can bring him with me to Trogland.
He could drive himself, if that was the issue.
The thing is, after the last mess of me bringing a SO to Trogland, I am definitely waiting until I am for sure they're sticking around for a while.

Also, not so sure if Trogland is his sort of scene. He's nerdy -- but in that way that he never really had nerd friends so it's sort of just hidden under an air of d-baggitude.
(I swear I actually do like the guy. We just call each other all sorts of unsavory things)
Anyways. Yeah. Not sure if he'd dig Trogland and not sure if I'm far enough in this relationship to ask him to go.

I'm just not sure if I want to use the vacation time for OOTScon
(lets be real, I probably will)

Reinholdt
2014-04-17, 11:26 PM

Whoo! You two's gps system is still my favorite. :smallbiggrin:

@ Lex - I have Seven Wonders fully covered. And most of BSG, but I'll be without the Daybreak expansion unfortunately.

Lex-Kat
2014-04-18, 07:52 AM
*Happy Llama Dance*
:smallsigh: There goes Tokyo, or wherever it is Llamazilla is dancing.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/llamazilla2.gif

Penguinsushi
2014-04-18, 02:13 PM

Excellent!

And also, it may be sad, but I totally fell for your misdirection. I was actually in the process of "Awwwwwww :smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfrown:" when I read the second sentence.

:smallsmile:

~PS

Diva De
2014-04-19, 09:55 PM

So excited! Been missing you guys like crazy!

Zed the ZPG
2014-04-23, 08:36 PM
I'm putting myself as a tentative, but almost definite, yes. I'll have a new job with no time off yet so I'll have to drive in late Friday night (read this as in time to jump into the middle of a late night Cards Against Humanity game--hint, hint ;-) ) and leave right after lunch on Sunday. It'd be an abbreviated Trogland, but it's better than no Trogland, right?

Diva De
2014-04-27, 05:56 PM
Guys. Guys. I'm so freakin' excited.

Lex-Kat
2014-04-27, 08:14 PM
*Hugs Diva* I can't wait, either. I'm getting my normal nervousness. And I haven't even written up any new questions for Playground Squares. :smalleek: Oh, wait. Nearly two months to go. I got time to procrastinate. :smallsigh:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2014-04-27, 09:08 PM
I registered on the site today! Woooooooooooo!!!!!

I am looking forward to seeing everybody again. We had such a great time last year and the hotel worked out wonderfully.

Since it sounds like other people will be able to bring Mice and Mystics, it sounds like I won't need to buy it myself, but if I had to, I was willing to do so for all my attendees. Also, Penguinsushi has Dixit now. That's a fun one!

You guys won't believe how much the Bunguin has grown!

Lex, you can bounce ideas off of meeeeeeeee!!

Krade
2014-04-28, 03:10 AM
Oh, wait. Nearly two months to go. I got time to procrastinate. :smallsigh:

Silly Lex. There's always time to procrastinate. :smallamused:

mangosta71
2014-04-28, 08:08 AM
I have not yet begun to procrastinate.

Lex-Kat
2014-04-28, 09:57 AM
Sooo, you're procrastinating on procrastination? :smallconfused:

smellie_hippie
2014-04-28, 12:09 PM
Sooo, you're procrastinating on procrastination? :smallconfused:

He'll get around to eventually... :smalltongue:

Reverent-One
2014-05-02, 08:40 AM
Speaking of procrastination, I actually signed up last night, so I'm mostly official now.

gr8artist
2014-05-04, 02:32 AM
So, I just learned about this thing, and I'm kinda' stoked. I live in Murfreesboro (30 minutes from Nashville), so I'm within driving distance. The problem is that I only have a moped. :smallfrown: At 35 mph, taking only the back-roads (can't use interstate at that speed) it would take the better part of a day just to get there or back, and that's assuming I don't drag my fiance' along for the ride (cutting top speed by 20-30%).
So, is there anyone in the Murfreesboro (or possibly Nashville) area who could give us a lift, or who might be passing through such an area on their way out to the Meetup? We'd be willing to help with gas/hotel fees, though if there's a campground in the vicinity my fiance' and I might decide to go camping instead. We've got the standard library of games, including Red Dragon Inn, and my room-mate's copy of Boss Monster which we could probably bring.
I apologize if such a topic has already been discussed, or is considered a faux-pas; I'm about to crash for the night and haven't had time to read all the posts.

Thanks in advance!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2014-05-04, 10:10 AM
Hiya Artist!

We're really excited to hear that you're interested in coming. Its perfectly fine to ask about rides in thead. We have plenty of people do that.

While we appreciate the offer of bringing Red Dragon Inn, I'm obligated to inform you that we will have copies of that one on-site. If you do end up having to travel by moped, I assume that packing space will be a concern, and I'd hate for you to waste what space you have on a game that will already be there.

I don't think we have a copy of Boss Fight, though, so if you can bring that, it would be great, but if you can't, we understand. There will be other games.

Ummmm......as far as camping goes....well, I honestly don't know. Johnson City is a big town, with lots of woody areas nearby, so I assume we do, but nature at night scares me, so I don't do much with it after dark.

mangosta71
2014-05-04, 02:46 PM
Someone that was at Myrch has Boss Monster. It may have been Reinholdt.

Mountain_Faerie
2014-05-04, 03:26 PM
^ Artist: There's a campground on the Nolichucky River in Erwin. It's probably 20 minutes out from the hotel and has hiking trails as well as the river. I think there is also a place in either Piney Flats or Blountville. It seems to be more for RVs, but I think they have tent camping, too. It's obviously less rustic than the Nolichucky. You'll probably just have to do a web search to pinpoint exactly what you are looking for. Good luck!

Lex-Kat
2014-05-04, 05:59 PM
@ Artist: :smalleek: I just looked it up, and that's 4 hours to my drive time. I'm not sure if I can do 12 hours, but if no one else offers, I will see what I can do.

Have you thought about going by train?

Gryffon
2014-05-05, 08:07 AM
Someone that was at Myrch has Boss Monster. It may have been Reinholdt.

It's Gryff. I have Boss Monster and the expansion. With the shiny kickstarter extras.

Godiva
2014-05-06, 01:40 PM
Flight is booked, just got a deal I couldn't pass up. Sorry this means no drives from the Toronto area from me this year, nor will I be bringing much more than then a few card games. I'm so excited to get to see you all again this year, even through I've seen a lot of you at the in between meet ups :smallsmile:

Diva De
2014-05-06, 06:59 PM
There are usually a few Playgrounders coming in from the west. Maybe they can pick you kids up on the way, Artist? We, sadly, will be caravanning from the opposite direction.

Also, I get Katie for 2 weeks prior to the meetup! Haha!

tyckspoon
2014-05-08, 12:54 PM
I must regretfully announce that Ecrinya and I will not be making it this year. We'll miss y'all.

Lex-Kat
2014-05-08, 04:07 PM
Is it safe to assume that means Krade, and possibly Recaiden if he is going, needs a ride? Or would he rather take his chances with AmTrak? :smallconfused:

Krade
2014-05-09, 12:21 PM
I definitely wouldn't say no to a ride, Lex. What times were you planning on getting there/leaving?

Diva De
2014-05-09, 05:08 PM
I must regretfully announce that Ecrinya and I will not be making it this year. We'll miss y'all.

But what about your kitten?

Lex-Kat
2014-05-09, 05:39 PM
I definitely wouldn't say no to a ride, Lex. What times were you planning on getting there/leaving?
I plan to leave my house at about 10 AM, so I should get to your place around 2 to 3 PM? And from there, it'll be another 5 hours, so we should get there around 8 PM? :smallconfused:

Krade
2014-05-09, 09:29 PM
I plan to leave my house at about 10 AM, so I should get to your place around 2 to 3 PM? And from there, it'll be another 5 hours, so we should get there around 8 PM? :smallconfused:

Hmm... Where do you get 5 hours from here to JC? It's always taken us 7. 10 including the detour to pick up Recaiden.

Lex-Kat
2014-05-10, 12:09 PM
:smallconfused: I'm always thinking it takes me about 9 hours total to get from Charlotte to Johnson City. So it was 4 hours to your place, then another 5 to JC.

But, using Google Maps, it says it's about 3 1/2 from Charlotte to Indianapolis & another 6 1/2 hour drive from Indianapolis to JC, not including stops for food and gas.

So I guess I'll leave earlier, probably 8 AM, get to your place somewhere between 11 and noon. Then we should get to JC at around 6 or 8 PM. Depending on speed, traffic, and stops. Sound better?

Thes Hunter
2014-05-11, 12:10 AM
*sigh*

You know.. it would be so much more awesome if I whenever I came here to post, I could post good news.

But end of June (the end of my year) is usually bad for me. (and I didn't think to ask for June of next year to be a time where I got weekends off)

So both this year and next year I will be on rotations where I only get 1 day off a week. :smallsigh:

I will be at Gen Con this year, and I am trying to find some time for the husband and I to come down to Johnson City at a random time to at least hang with the awesome people who hang out there year round.

Sorry I will miss again all the people who can only make it for Johnson City (Mango, Rabbit, Deva De, etc*). I wish I had more control over my schedule than I do, or at least an idea of when I'd get that schedule control back.

Have fun everyone! It's a blast, and I'm all jealous I won't be able to make it! :smallbiggrin:

*And don't get your panties in a bind if I didn't name you specifically, it's late and my brain's not working. So yes, I will miss you too. Yes, you. :smalltongue:

Indurain
2014-05-11, 10:23 AM
Oh man, I hate to follow a sad post with another sad post.

Unfortunately guys, things have not gone as planned for me in the first half of this year. As a result, I'm not going to be able to make it this year. :smalleek:

I'm so sad I won't be gettting to see so many of you this year.

Of course this means Fufa won't be coming either, but he wanted me to pass along a message of "Hello" and "Sorry, hopefully next year"

Miss you guys so much, and now an extra year is going to drive me crazy. Have fun guys, and think of me while you're gaming.

Lex-Kat
2014-05-11, 04:50 PM
Aww man! Now my panties are in a bind and I'm depressed. :smallsigh: I'll miss you guys. *hugs* See you the next time I see you?

Mauve Shirt
2014-05-12, 05:37 PM
DAMMIT, THES, INDY. :smallfrown:

I just went and booked my room, fyi, so I'm definitely coming.

Reinholdt
2014-05-12, 10:19 PM
Awww... you'll both be highly missed. :smallfrown:

RabbitHoleLost
2014-05-13, 10:49 AM
So full of sadness :smallfrown:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2014-05-13, 09:25 PM
You will all be missed, greatly, but the Meet-up must go on and you 3 had better be here in 2015.

Hmmmm.....on a more positive note, we're finalizing the SWAG item for our attendees and I think its gonna be pretty popular! The swag committee has done a great job!

Krade
2014-05-18, 03:37 AM
So I finally quit procrastinating and signed up. Now I need to figure out the other accommodations. Lex. I'm not sure if I want to go there with you since I would like to arrive a little earlier than 8, but going back with you might be an option depending on when you want to leave. We'll work something out.

Also room. Should I get my own or is someone willing to share?

Ugh. This was all so much easier when I had a ride I didn't need to worry about. Now there's a better than not chance I'm gonna end up on the bus:smallyuk:

Recaiden
2014-05-18, 05:46 PM
We'll miss you guys Tyckspoon. :smallfrown: Hopefully next year.

Is it safe to assume that means Krade, and possibly Recaiden if he is going, needs a ride? Or would he rather take his chances with AmTrak? :smallconfused:

AmTrak? Out of this wasteland of a city? :smalltongue:

I may need a ride, but I may have a ride with Treehawk or be a ride myself. I'll know around the start of June how I'm getting there.

I'd probably be willing to share a room with you as last year, Krade.

Krade
2014-05-18, 10:49 PM
We'll miss you guys Tyckspoon. :smallfrown: Hopefully next year.

AmTrak? Out of this wasteland of a city? :smalltongue:

Oh yeah, I looked into it, there isn't even a station close enough to JC either.

Penguinsushi
2014-05-21, 12:17 PM
DAMMIT, THES, INDY. :smallfrown:

This. A couple thousand times. Boo some more.

~PS

Gryffon
2014-05-21, 01:04 PM
Hey all, I just wanted to take stock of how many rooms we've booked so far this year. If you've book one already, please let me know either in the thread or private message.

If you haven't booked a room yet, please do! There's no deposit to reserve, and we need to make sure the room block has enough reservations to get the great deal they're giving us on the conference room.

Thanks in advance

mangosta71
2014-05-21, 01:31 PM
I think we had to call last year. Do we have to do that again, or can we book through the website?

In other news, I need to get with Rabbit and Phil to figure out travel plans so I know which nights to book a room.

Gryffon
2014-05-21, 02:12 PM
Not sure. I believe calling is probably the easiest in this case(I don't see anywhere to input a group in the webpage). Should be fairly easy though, especially if you reserved last year, as they'll have you on file.

Reinholdt
2014-05-21, 11:11 PM
I've booked. Should be in there.

smellie_hippie
2014-05-22, 07:33 AM
Just make sure you include the name "Trogland" when booking your room. That obviously gets you the discount rate, and we can track to make sure we have met our quota...

Reverent-One
2014-05-22, 08:49 PM
Room is booked, I'm all official now.

Lex-Kat
2014-05-22, 09:16 PM
Room has been booked. :smallsmile: Reverant One, you have always been official...ly cool. :smallbiggrin:

Penguinsushi
2014-05-26, 09:21 AM
Web Pre-registration Ends This Saturday (May 31st)!!!

Just so you know.

:smallwink:

~PS

Diva De
2014-05-26, 11:47 AM
I'm registered! AND we have a room! I even signed up for events!

Lex-Kat
2014-05-27, 05:33 PM
:smallconfused: Do we have enough?

Gryffon
2014-05-28, 08:39 AM
I still only have 5 confirmed rooms, but no word from Mango/Phil yet, which I expect will add 2 more. Nor Zeb/Alarra, which would put us at 8. Zic makes 9. And then Krade/Recaiden would make 10? In the least, I'm pretty sure there are more people as well.

mangosta71
2014-05-28, 10:10 AM
Phil, Rabbit, and I, leap out of the rabbit, taking the French by surprise. Not only surprised, but totally unarmed! have not yet finalized our travel arrangements. Will book my room as soon as that happens.

Krade
2014-05-28, 11:22 AM
I'll be sure to take care of that tomorrow, then. Wouldn't want to screw up the whole group now, would we?

ZombieRockStar
2014-05-28, 10:34 PM
I have not yet booked a room because things have happened which means that we don't know whether it will be the both of us, just me, or if we won't be able to come again this year. Am sad. :smallfrown:

Krade
2014-05-29, 07:50 PM
I am confirmed on a room, so plus 1 on rooms for the minimum. I didn't reserve yet for Sunday night since if I (and I think Recaiden will be with me) can save a little extra money by staying with someone else who already got a room for Sunday I would like to. So anyone who is staying, I'll give you monies for space in your room Sunday night. If not, I'll just extend mine, no problem.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2014-05-29, 10:27 PM
Angry Badger and myself will also be renting a room to promote more on site activities and because Angry Badger is probably going to be Drunken Badger by the end of each night. :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2014-05-30, 12:18 AM
I am confirmed on a room, so plus 1 on rooms for the minimum. I didn't reserve yet for Sunday night since if I (and I think Recaiden will be with me) can save a little extra money by staying with someone else who already got a room for Sunday I would like to. So anyone who is staying, I'll give you monies for space in your room Sunday night. If not, I'll just extend mine, no problem.
You guys can stay in my room Sunday Night. I won't mind. :smallsmile:

Gryffon
2014-05-30, 08:16 AM
Angry Badger and myself will also be renting a room to promote more on site activities and because Angry Badger is probably going to be Drunken Badger by the end of each night. :smalltongue:

Drunken Badger!!!!

Philistine
2014-05-30, 05:19 PM
+1 booked room, though it looks like you already sort-of counted me. :smallamused:

Lex-Kat
2014-05-30, 08:14 PM
So by my count, with what has been said in thread, we have 9 confirmed reservations. Just need 1 more minimum, right? :smallsmile:

Godiva
2014-05-31, 04:33 AM
So by my count, with what has been said in thread, we have 9 confirmed reservations. Just need 1 more minimum, right? :smallsmile:

My boyfriend and I have reserved a room don't know if that went into the count or not

Alarra
2014-05-31, 04:48 PM
We have a room now also.

mangosta71
2014-05-31, 06:40 PM
Room reserveded.

Mauve Shirt
2014-06-02, 04:52 AM
I just destroyed my ride and am probably going to be extremely poor soon, so I may have to cancel.

Penguinsushi
2014-06-02, 07:12 AM
Alrighty. Officially, preregistration for Trogland has ended. Basically, that means we're going with the numbers we have now for planning purposes. Late registrations are still accepted on the Trogland website, as well as on-site, but we may or may not have enough "extras" for the last minute crowd.

Unofficially, tallying seems to suggest that we'll have enough extras for at least a few late regsitrations. If you're thinking about coming, you'll definitely want to let us know ASAP!

T-minus 18 days, everyone! I'll be gearing up for Little Fears: Into The Dark soon!

~PS

Lex-Kat
2014-06-02, 09:57 AM

It just got more unlikely that I'll be able to attend. Mrs. Turtle has a major system upgrade going on at work that weekend. There is slight chance my in-laws will come to the rescue for that weekend though. We will see.

Le sad. I think I can now confirm that you can move me to the "In Spirit" list.

Things just got horribly complicated on my end, and regardless of how things turn out, I won't be able to attend.

Thanks, and hopefully see you all next year.

*sigh*

You know.. it would be so much more awesome if I whenever I came here to post, I could post good news.

But end of June (the end of my year) is usually bad for me. (and I didn't think to ask for June of next year to be a time where I got weekends off)

So both this year and next year I will be on rotations where I only get 1 day off a week. :smallsigh:

I will be at Gen Con this year, and I am trying to find some time for the husband and I to come down to Johnson City at a random time to at least hang with the awesome people who hang out there year round.

Sorry I will miss again all the people who can only make it for Johnson City (Mango, Rabbit, Deva De, etc*). I wish I had more control over my schedule than I do, or at least an idea of when I'd get that schedule control back.

Have fun everyone! It's a blast, and I'm all jealous I won't be able to make it! :smallbiggrin:

*And don't get your panties in a bind if I didn't name you specifically, it's late and my brain's not working. So yes, I will miss you too. Yes, you. :smalltongue:

Oh man, I hate to follow a sad post with another sad post.

Unfortunately guys, things have not gone as planned for me in the first half of this year. As a result, I'm not going to be able to make it this year. :smalleek:

I'm so sad I won't be getting to see so many of you this year.

Of course this means Fufa won't be coming either, but he wanted me to pass along a message of "Hello" and "Sorry, hopefully next year"

Miss you guys so much, and now an extra year is going to drive me crazy. Have fun guys, and think of me while you're gaming.

I have not yet booked a room because things have happened which means that we don't know whether it will be the both of us, just me, or if we won't be able to come again this year. Am sad. :smallfrown:

I just destroyed my ride and am probably going to be extremely poor soon, so I may have to cancel.

So much sadness. I will miss all of you. Still hoping for a miracle and things turn around so some of you can make it.

Diva De
2014-06-02, 12:20 PM
I'm sorry to see we will be missing out on some familiar faces this year. But I am still so excited. And my mini-meetup this weekend has me that much more eager for fun and games and laughs.

Krade
2014-06-04, 11:10 PM

So is that 'may' as in 'definitely but you don't want to say it that way' or is it actually only a possibility/probability? Because, really, you have to come. Who else will beat me 5 out 4 games of cribbage?

mangosta71
2014-06-05, 08:17 AM
So is that 'may' as in 'definitely but you don't want to say it that way' or is it actually only a possibility/probability? Because, really, you have to come. Who else will beat me 5 out 4 games of cribbage?
Given that all the rules are made up on the spot anyway, you could craft them in such a way as to make yourself lose against anyone. :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2014-06-05, 11:02 AM
If Mauve can't make it (and I'm still hoping that she can), I can play (Cribbage, for those dirty-minded...) with you. I haven't played in a loooooong looooooooooooooong time. But if you tell me the rules, and try real hard, I'm sure you can lose to me as well. :smallsmile:

Alarra
2014-06-05, 12:19 PM
I'll beat you at cribbage, if you'd like.

gr8artist
2014-06-05, 11:51 PM
So, you may or may not remember me posting earlier, asking for a ride and such.
My situation has changed, and I now possess a vehicle capable of making the drive. Unfortunately, my fiance' has a full-time job now, and may not be able to take the time off.
She and I will put in our leave requests in the immediate future. We might stay at the hotel, though we will likely look at nearby campsites instead. We may bring a friend to split the room cost with, but will likely not want to share a room with strangers, as my fiance' blanches at the thought.
We could give a ride to anyone in the murfreesboro area, as our truck seats at least 4, and if we did then we'd certainly appreciate a sharing of gas costs (90's F-150 gets about 15 mpg).
So, it's a possible attendance for gr8artist and moosebite.

Penguinsushi
2014-06-06, 08:33 AM
Sounds good, gr8artist. Try to let us know and get your registrations in ASAP so we can A) make sure we have cool stuff for you (custom badges, swag, etc), and B) so we know how many to actually expect for friday night's dinner reservations and saturday's cookout.

Getting close, everyone - two weeks and counting!

~PS

RabbitHoleLost
2014-06-08, 09:10 AM
Can't make it this year.
Blew all my money in Disney and I'm sort of not in a good place emotionally right now.
Next year?
All my love.

Mauve Shirt
2014-06-08, 11:35 AM

I KNOW RIGHT!!! I was so looking forward to it. I have hardly any cribbage partners these days. :smallfrown: But to be honest it's not looking financially or logistically feasible at this point. Unless one of y'all are heading south via Maryland and I can share a room or sleep on a floor.

Krade
2014-06-08, 01:32 PM
I KNOW RIGHT!!! I was so looking forward to it. I have hardly any cribbage partners these days. :smallfrown: But to be honest it's not looking financially or logistically feasible at this point. Unless one of y'all are heading south via Maryland and I can share a room or sleep on a floor.

I'm sure if lodging was the only issue someone would be willing to help you out. The travel part, however... I don't think anyone else is coming from that direction. Le sad face:smallfrown:

Godiva
2014-06-09, 11:20 AM
Can't make it this year.
Blew all my money in Disney and I'm sort of not in a good place emotionally right now.
Next year?
All my love.

I'm going to miss you Rabbit, was looking forward to seeing you. I'll send good vibes your way for life to get better

Gryffon
2014-06-09, 11:44 AM
Can't make it this year.
Next year?
All my love.

=(

Was looking forward to Spider-man fanboying.

Feel better Rabs.

Zed the ZPG
2014-06-09, 06:05 PM
I've been quiet because I just didn't want to type that I'm not making it this year on the thread. Something about that feels so final, but like Alarra reminded me, there is next year!

gr8artist
2014-06-10, 02:46 AM
We will be unable to attend, as I could not get the time off work. Perhaps next year.

ZombieRockStar
2014-06-11, 12:28 AM
I'm sorry to have to add to the parade of people saying "I won't be able to make it this year," but . . .

Unfortunately, a combination of finances and life situation has confirmed that me and Chris will have to miss the meetup again.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2014-06-11, 06:34 AM
This is getting a little depressing. Quick, Alarra, lock the thread before anyone else backs out!

For those who cannot make it, you will be missed. You are an important part of OOTScon and it won't be the same without you.

Start planning for next year. :smalltongue:

KuReshtin
2014-06-11, 06:42 AM
Start planning for next year. :smalltongue:

I am. Ψ White text..

Archonic Energy
2014-06-11, 10:12 AM
as am I. Ψ

Ku, can you carry something for me past Customs?

Mauve Shirt
2014-06-11, 06:36 PM
I HAVE MARVELOUS NEWS!!!! I have secured transport! I haven't cancelled my hotel reservation yet, so that's still set up.

So don't worry, there will be a most epic Cribbage match! Though now that I know there are more cribbage players we may have to set up a tournament!

Lex-Kat
2014-06-11, 07:05 PM
Yay! That's one. Now we just need the other miracles to come through. :smallbiggrin:

Reinholdt
2014-06-11, 11:25 PM
I HAVE MARVELOUS NEWS!!!! I have secured transport! I haven't cancelled my hotel reservation yet, so that's still set up.

So don't worry, there will be a most epic Cribbage match! Though now that I know there are more cribbage players we may have to set up a tournament!

Hooray! :smallbiggrin:

I'd be up for a Cribbage tournament. Though I haven't played in a verrrry long time.

Yay! That's one. Now we just need the other miracles to come through. :smallbiggrin:

Start clapping?

Philistine
2014-06-12, 01:38 AM
Start clapping?

What you did there? Yeah. I see it. :smallwink:

Krade
2014-06-12, 03:42 AM

YAnowIdon'thavetofindsomeoneelsetokickmyassAY!

Mauve Shirt
2014-06-12, 04:45 AM
Don't worry, I haven't played since like April so I'm pretty rusty myself. I moved quite far away from my parents.

Penguinsushi
2014-06-12, 08:00 AM
Excellent, Mauve!

We may be a few short (and they'll be missed :smallfrown:), but still totally looking forward to it!

Eight days!

~PS

Diva De
2014-06-14, 10:26 AM
We are bringing water balloons and water guns for Cash n Guns Live!

Penguinsushi
2014-06-14, 06:22 PM
Hey guys -

So, I'm making the badges for this year's meetup. Spoiler: they look pretty awesome.

Anyway, just a reminder - if you haven't given me an avatar for your badge, you really need to do that in the next couple of days.

If you have given me an avatar, but it's low-res and you are able to get me a higher-res version (say, >= 500px, again, in the next couple of days), it will look a lot better.

Also, it's really best if page images are .pngs, can be easily cut out, or otherwise something that can "float" as opposed to a square photo/image that can't really be clipped. I should probably add that little note to the registration site.

6 more days!!

~PS

mangosta71
2014-06-14, 09:50 PM
Do you still have the images from last year, and if so are they usable?

Penguinsushi
2014-06-14, 10:06 PM
Do you still have the images from last year, and if so are they usable?

Yeah, i still have them. And they are as usable as they were last year. I can use anything - some things just look better than others.

The badges are printed at 500 dpi, which is pretty fine. The avatar on the badge image itself will occupy almost 1000px. A 500px or 700px scaled up isn't that noticeable and looks pretty smooth, but if all I have is a 150px (or smaller!?) web image, it's going to have to be scaled up pretty drastically to fit, and will look pretty blocky upon examination.

~PS

Alarra
2014-06-14, 10:43 PM
I'll try to get you mine and Zeb's tomorrow. Sorry bout that. Also....has that slacker husband of mine registered yet? *goes off to poke him*

Krade
2014-06-15, 12:11 AM
I'll try to get you mine and Zeb's tomorrow. Sorry bout that. Also....has that slacker husband of mine registered yet? *goes off to poke him*

I wish I had seen this within a few seconds of your posting it. As soon as I read it I wanted to send a text to him that just said "Dude. Run." Alas, something like that just doesn't really work on an hour-and-a-half delay.

Penguinsushi
2014-06-15, 04:53 PM

Sure, shoot those over to me soon. I'm planning to get them printed early this week. :smallsmile:

Not that I see, but since you all have your registration fee covered, an avatar is forthcoming, and we do know he's coming, it's not as big of a deal. Unless he wanted to make an event sign-up or something (I/we haven't done as much with that this year).

~PS

Philistine
2014-06-15, 09:07 PM
I don't appear to have a larger image for my avatar, sorry.

Penguinsushi
2014-06-16, 07:49 AM
I don't appear to have a larger image for my avatar, sorry.

No worries. :smallsmile: From any appreciable distance, it really isn't that noticeable. If you were happy with last year's, this year's will be just as good. I just figured I'd post the reminder for anyone who might have a larger version on-hand that there may be some some minor benefit to getting me something a bit larger. Not a big deal.

~PS

Philistine
2014-06-16, 05:38 PM
Ah, excellent. Thank you.

Penguinsushi
2014-06-17, 07:44 AM
Finishing badges today. Planning to get them printed tomorrow.

3 more days!

Here's a good last-minute question: would anyone be interested in a pickup RPG friday night? I was thinking FATE Core and doing something collaborative and improv'd. Exactly what would be up to the table. Thought it could be fun. Any takers?

~PS

Gryffon
2014-06-17, 07:58 AM
I would likely be up for it.

smellie_hippie
2014-06-17, 08:36 AM
I might be up for a Fate game.

Come to think of it... I don't think I've ever played an RPG with Gryff. Sounds fun!

FYI, I will not be staying up late on Friday, in preparations for the Ropes Course...

edit: @V Oh yeah... I had forgotten that part. Ok. Um.... still sounds like fun... so... um.... *brain bleach*

What were you saying? :smallconfused:

Gryffon
2014-06-17, 08:52 AM
I think we played together in Mango's game, when I filled in for De.

Reinholdt
2014-06-17, 09:04 AM
I'd be willing to get in on such a game.

Nephews got me Space Alert (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/38453/space-alert). Don't know how feasible it'll be to play a game that requires a cd player of some sort, but I'm bringing it anyways.

Also, got a skinny card table to fit between hotel beds. I r smart.

Penguinsushi
2014-06-17, 10:23 AM
Cool. Sounds like there's probably a critical mass, then. I'll put that up.

~PS

mangosta71
2014-06-17, 11:10 AM
Nephews got me Space Alert (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/38453/space-alert). Don't know how feasible it'll be to play a game that requires a cd player of some sort, but I'm bringing it anyways.
I'll bring my laptop.

I've never played Fate and might be interested. OTOH, RPGs tend to take whole nights and I was thinking of doing the Little Fears thing, and given that I'll only have a couple nights to visit with everyone it seems a little counterproductive to spend both nights playing long games with small static groups of people...

Recaiden
2014-06-17, 07:18 PM
Probably interested in the FATE game.

At late notice, I definitely have a way to get there, and have +1 person with me.

Mauve Shirt
2014-06-17, 08:53 PM
Ooo leave a space at the FATE table for me!!!

KerfuffleMach2
2014-06-18, 01:40 AM
Wow. Just now saw this.

Too late for me to get stuff together and come down.

Hopefully I can next year, though.

Penguinsushi
2014-06-18, 07:38 AM
@Recaiden - Awesome. I just got badges printed last night, but will have a blank one for your friend. Registration cost is still the same on the site and "at the door". Do to a third-party error, there's plenty of this year's freebie/"swag" item, so I think the custom badge is the only think late-comers will miss out on this year.

@KerfuffleMach2 - Alas. Yeah, no matter how much we talk about it, there are, invariably, always a few people who unfortunately didn't notice until it was too late. This is something we do every year, though, so yeah - definitely try to make it next time!

Wow. FATE filled up fast. Glad I made the suggestion - this'll be fun! :smallsmile:

Also, reprinted the Little Fears cards (and finally added some flavor text to the event page (http://trogland.penguinsushi.com/events/22_Little_Fears_Into_The_Dark)) - really looking forward to that one, too!

2 more days!

~PS

Archonic Energy
2014-06-18, 07:51 AM
lastminute.com flights from LON (any) to TRI.
leaving today returning tuesday...
:smallsigh:

never mind guys have fun!

RabbitHoleLost
2014-06-18, 11:37 AM
Also, got a skinny card table to fit between hotel beds. I r smart.

This sounds almost impossible for anyone to hurt themselves with
oh goody:smalltongue:

Krade
2014-06-18, 12:19 PM
This sounds almost impossible for anyone to hurt themselves with
oh goody:smalltongue:

Maybe if you hadn't said anything it would have been okay. Now it's almost guaranteed to happen.

mangosta71
2014-06-18, 01:28 PM
Now Rabbit has to come. We need a medic.

Mauve Shirt
2014-06-18, 02:14 PM
I agree, Rabbs should come.

Reinholdt
2014-06-18, 09:16 PM
Maybe if you hadn't said anything it would have been okay. Now it's almost guaranteed to happen.

And it'll be Krade's fault, I just know it.

>>

Krade
2014-06-18, 09:54 PM
And it'll be Krade's fault, I just know it.

>>

I didn't do it! I wasn't even in the room! I was literally sleeping when that happened!

In other news, I'm an idiot that fails at communication something fierce. Now I'm here needing to work tomorrow and Lex was planning to pick me up in the morning. Not to worry, though. We have worked out several possible solutions (exactly which one we go with will be worked out in the morning). Worst case, very little sleep happens Thursday night. Best (i.e. incredibly unlikely) case, we'll be there by sunset tomorrow.

Edit: Ah, the benefits of a good reputation at work. Also the inexplicably packed schedule helped, too. I guess that best case scenario wasn't nearly as unlikely as I thought it was:smallbiggrin:.

Penguinsushi
2014-06-20, 12:01 PM
T-Minus 4 hours

Gearing up. Event-horizon crossed! Prepare for impact!

~PS

KuReshtin
2014-06-23, 07:17 AM
I know you guys just finished up yesterday, and some might not have left yet, but I'm still going to throw it out there:

The Internet needs pics of the Trogland meetup!

Lex-Kat
2014-06-23, 07:14 PM
I'm home. :smallsigh: Long trip. Night.

Penguinsushi
2014-06-24, 07:07 AM
So! Meetup was great! Here are this penguin's photos of the goings-on! (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152480063728955.1073741863.567578954&type=1&l=ee92ccd389)

The Fate game was quite interesting and a lot of fun. Our two-session Little Fears conclusion was fantastic. Thanks to Alarra, De, Gryf, Hippie, Recaiden, Treehawk, Lex, Reinholdt, Bardic Bunny, Phil and Mango for playing in my games and making them awesome!

Kubb was played! I hear board games were fun!?

Anyway, a universally great time!

Right?

...Right?

...well, you know, except for the fact that we had more traveling issues than all of the other meetup years put together. Sheesh. Thanks to everyone who endured all of that to hang out with us. Seriously.

Last I heard, Hippie was suggesting our theme for next year be "Trogland 9, Travel Is Fine!"

~PS

Cuthalion
2014-06-24, 09:56 AM
Hm. Who has the tie-dye shirt and beard?

I wish you had those pictures with itP usernames in. But not everyone might want that. Ah well.

smellie_hippie
2014-06-24, 10:16 AM
Hm. Who has the tie-dye shirt and beard?

Seriously? :smallconfused:

It is the man who was blessedly (but sadly) free from knife wounds this year... *

*If you have to ask, you don't know me very well... :smallwink:

Cuthalion
2014-06-24, 11:13 AM
Seriously? :smallconfused:

It is the man who was blessedly (but sadly) free from knife wounds this year... *

*If you have to ask, you don't know me very well... :smallwink:

I take it you mean Archie?

Archonic Energy
2014-06-24, 12:18 PM
I take it you mean Archie?

:smallamused:
heheheheheheh.
nothing further to add i just wanted you to know that i was amused by that.

Cuthalion
2014-06-24, 01:07 PM
heheheheheheh.

Soo.... is it you? :smallconfused: :smalleek:

Lex-Kat
2014-06-24, 01:14 PM
The Tie-Dyed & Bearded one is Hippie. Archie is the reason he is stabless. :smallsmile:

Cuthalion
2014-06-24, 01:16 PM
The Tie-Dyed & Bearded one is Hippie. Archie is the reason he is stabless. :smallsmile:

See that makes a lot more sense. Archie does not seem like that type.

Archonic Energy
2014-06-25, 03:42 AM
See that makes a lot more sense. Archie does not seem like that type.

what type do I seem like then? :smallconfused:

KuReshtin
2014-06-25, 04:06 AM

The homicidal type. :smallbiggrin:

Archonic Energy
2014-06-26, 03:30 AM
The homicidal type. :smallbiggrin:

says the man who has invited me into his home for UKitP meet...

KuReshtin
2014-06-26, 04:29 AM
says the man who has invited me into his home for UKitP meet...

So? I have also shared a room with you at previous UKitP meetups, and you haven't killed me at those.

Cuthalion
2014-06-26, 08:57 AM

Not quite that type.

I do not feel that I can elucidate.

smellie_hippie
2014-06-26, 08:57 AM
heheheheheheh.

You disappointment sir... I can't find a justifiable reason for you to NOT put hidden white text in that post.

Now this post... this one right here? There is no need for such hidden text. :smallwink:

*STAB*

mangosta71
2014-06-27, 10:53 PM
So! Meetup was great! Here are this penguin's photos of the goings-on! (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152480063728955.1073741863.567578954&type=1&l=ee92ccd389)

Facebook cover photo updated. :smalltongue:

Archonic Energy
2014-06-28, 01:59 AM
So? I have also shared a room with you at previous UKitP meetups, and you haven't killed me at those.
all that shows is I'm not stupid enough to kill someone in a hotel booked under my name.

now someone's home where I can make it look like a botched break-in... :smallbiggrin:

You disappointment sir... I can't find a justifiable reason for you to NOT put hidden white text in that post.

Now this post... this one right here? There is no need for such hidden text. :smallwink:

*STAB*

sometime I like to not put white text in just to make you look for something that's not there... :smallamused: like now.