PDA

View Full Version : Intelligent armor that activates magic items?

Rossebay
2014-02-04, 02:30 PM
I've got this image in my head.

Continuous False Life (energy shielding whaddup) on an Intelligent suit of armor that also can activate infinite use Fireball/Scorching Ray/WHATEVER, can fly around (perhaps without me needing to control it? Who knows), and repairs itself.

How do I make this happen? How, as a low-level artificer, do I start this process? I want to be running around with a warhammer and smashing people while my armor targets enemies and shoots spells at them.

Ivanhoe
2014-02-04, 04:47 PM
You are apparently looking for an intelligent armour item, with a special purpose as outlined in the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/intelligentItems.htm#specialPurposeItems).

Get something like an intelligent celestial armour (fly 1/day) with a special purpose to defend a certain kind of creature (including you of course) and the ability to do fireball or lightling bolt. It can also buff you and/or do other things as outlined in the lesser and greater powers of an intelligent item (possibly able to heal you or repair itself, check the powers for what would fit best).

If your DM allows, you may also go for a similar, but more powerful item familiar (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/itemFamiliars.htm) as your armour.

Enjoy!

Rossebay
2014-02-04, 05:08 PM
Can it activate magic items on its own, though?

For instance, if I had a wand of fireball or something similar attached to the armor, could the armor activate it for me?

Think shoulder-mounted turret, I suppose.

Psyren
2014-02-04, 05:46 PM
Without levels in a casting class, your armor would either need UMD, or custom wondrous items that don't need spell trigger/spell completion activation.

Rossebay
2014-02-04, 05:50 PM
Right, so continuous or use-activated custom magic items, yes?

Psyren
2014-02-04, 05:51 PM
Continuous fireball might be a bit uncomfortable :smalltongue: but yeah, something like those should do the trick.

Captnq
2014-02-04, 05:56 PM
Hrm...

My Sig. Get the EVD go to:
Combat Equipment

You'll need to build the armor with built in weapons that you can enchant. I suggest gauntlets and armor spikes and razors. Hrmm... Spiked helmet... Knee and elbow blades.

Each one needs the WSA Flying, so that each weapon is a separate Animated object. Between the flying gauntlets, elbows, knees, armor spikes, armor razors and helmet, it should be able to walk around on it;s own. Give it halfweight to get the weight down.

As for the fireball each round...

You know... Considering the armor is now a giant animated object, you could put Maug Spike Stones and a stone thrower on it. I mean, they are grafts for rock creatures, why not animated armor? Then give the stone thrower explosive ammunition, fireball, all sorts of fun stuff.

Look at my extrapolated WSA file in the combat section.

Drachasor
2014-02-04, 05:58 PM
Note that an intelligent magic item can activate itself, so it can make use of any powers that are part of it.