PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about a flying fortess.

Garloth
2014-02-04, 04:34 PM
Let's say I rule a magic guild. The king ordered us to make him a flying fortess of doom (lots of ballistas, assasin assault team etc.) (which our party indends to steal and become space pirates).
I could use the SBG rules for the flying part but that would be too easy.
Instead I decided to use steam powered rocket engines as outlined here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7548075&postcount=18).
My questions are:
1. What to make engine walls from and how thick should they be? Also is there a way to shape wall of force?
2. Any ideas of price for a self-loading balista?
3. If i tell my followers who work in king's army (leadership) "Get on the boat, I want to be a pirate!" how likely they are to obey?
4. Is there a guideline anyqhere for how much do parts feom SBG weight?
5. Do you have any cool ideas for such a design given at most 10.000.000gp?

Lightlawbliss
2014-02-04, 04:47 PM
Let's say I rule a magic guild. The king ordered us to make him a flying fortess of doom (lots of ballistas, assasin assault team etc.) (which our party indends to steal and become space pirates).
I could use the SBG rules for the flying part but that would be too easy.
Instead I decided to use steam powered rocket engines as outlined here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7548075&postcount=18).
My questions are:
1. What to make engine walls from and how thick should they be? Also is there a way to shape wall of force?
2. Any ideas of price for a self-loading balista?
3. If i tell my followers who work in king's army (leadership) "Get on the boat, I want to be a pirate!" how likely they are to obey?
4. Is there a guideline anyqhere for how much do parts feom SBG weight?
5. Do you have any cool ideas for such a design given at most 10.000.000gp?

1: Depends on what you want. Thicker is stronger but thinner cools faster and is lighter.

2. More then 1k gp

3. Depends on their relationship with you and their feelings about the king and his army.

4. I remember seeing something somewhere. you could always just calculate volume times density. I would recommend the weight unit "tons"

5. a flying greatship (IWO)