PDA

View Full Version : Random Gloura Build

Rebel7284
2014-02-04, 05:13 PM
So the Gloura race has been mentioned several times lately and it got me thinking about fun builds I can make with that race.

Lawful Good Gloura (with LA buyoff)
Fey 7/Paladin 2 [Harmonious Knight Sub Level]/Cobra Strike Monk 1/Sublime Chord 1/Spelldancer 1/Sacred Exorcist 1/Silver Pyromancer 1/Abjurant Champion 5/X 1

Feats
1. Combat Casting
3. Knowledge Devotion[Knowledge Arcana]
6. Endurance
9. Extend Spell, Dodge[Bonus]
12. Persistent Spell
15. Ascetic Mage
18. Free

Pick up Mobility feat from armor of mobility for 10K.

Result:
9th level spells
You have Charisma to AC and saves twice.
Casting Favor of the Martyr, you can spelldance as much as you want to persist all the spells (make yourself immune to CON damage too)! Also pre-casting it before a fight is a good way to abuse Celerity.

If you persist Sirene's Grace and 3x Ruin Delver's Fortune, you can have Charisma to AC and Saves 3 times (just in case, you know... :smallwink: )

Not the strongest build, but amusing to be the untouchable faerie!

MesiDoomstalker
2014-02-04, 05:21 PM
Minor nitpick: Knowledge Devotion requires 5 ranks of any Knowledge, impossible at level 1. So you'll have to swap the first 2 feats.

Rebel7284
2014-02-04, 05:38 PM
Swapped and also fixed the Cha to AC spell name. :)

This build has pretty horrible BAB, so gishing is probably not the best of ideas. Flittering around while making people dance irresistibly seems like a much better idea. Also, pretty bad base Fortitude save... but with 3x Cha to saves, that's not really an issue.

ZamielVanWeber
2014-02-04, 05:44 PM
Important: you may not buy off the 1st point of LA until you have 6 character levels. Over the average game that could be a problem.

Otherwise is pretty much the same direction I would take a gloura (I wouldn't have thought of paladin, but that is simply a good plan).

Thrice Dead Cat
2014-02-04, 11:22 PM
Important: you may not buy off the 1st point of LA until you have 6 character levels. Over the average game that could be a problem.

Otherwise is pretty much the same direction I would take a gloura (I wouldn't have thought of paladin, but that is simply a good plan).

Actually, it's after 6 class levels, not character levels. So, for a Gloura, that means the soonest you can buy off the LA is ECL 15 (7 HD, 2 LA, 6 class levels).