PDA

View Full Version : All Da Powah! Character build help and challenge

Hangwind
2014-02-04, 06:23 PM
I am about to head into a gesalt campaign and I, as the title says, want all the power. I am hoping for a build with 9th level arcane and divine casting and manifesting. The nice thing? My DM approved using double progression classes!

This build has to be powerful and very functional from level 1 though. After all, if this DM is giving us free reign, it is going to be a meat grinder of a campaign. The allowed materials are anything except Dragon Magazine.

Gemini476
2014-02-04, 07:23 PM
The only Triple Threat build I know of used Ardent, Ur-Priest, and Beholder Mage for its casting.

Ardent gets nines if you have ML17 at level 20, so 13 levels advancing it+Practiced Manifested.

Psychic Theurge is dual progression for psionics and divine, Cerebremancer is Arcane/Psionics.

You need nine levels of casting in Beholder Mage and Ur-Priest, and two levels in each class before qualifying for the theurges.

Race is Elan, obviously. Get permanently Polymorph Any Object'd into a Beholder.

Callin
2014-02-04, 07:26 PM
Crusader/Cleric/Ruby Knight Vindicator//Wizard/ StP Erudite/Cerebramancer

Gemini476
2014-02-04, 07:33 PM
Oh wait right, Gestalt.

Then Psion 20//Druid 3/Wizard 3/Arcane Hierophant 10/Mystic Theurge 4 is a pretty decent choice.

Gestalting casters together tends to not work that well, though. You only have so many actions in a turn (although Linked Synchronicity helps.) It's usually a better idea to pair an active class (wizard, psion, etc.) with a passive class (classes with static bonuses and effects that don't eat up actions.)

Phelix-Mu
2014-02-04, 07:33 PM
Hmm. Psion/Wizard/Cerebremancer//Archivist/Mystic Theurge? Human or elan would probably be typical, though illumian would also be an interesting choice. For weird choice, go with gloura! (Underdark supplement, and the trending race on the forum.)

Alternatively DMM Persist with Cleric instead of Archivist.

A touch of incarnum would be useful to get one of the PP recharge tricks going.

Flavor is that your character is a total bibliophile, a lover of books. You carry them for no reason. Your psicrystal and familiar are constantly reading scrolls or levitated books. You have better relationships with your favorite books than people, but your enthusiasm for reading gives you a somewhat affable personality (if people can somehow ignore your constant gushing about that book you were reading).

Hangwind
2014-02-04, 08:30 PM
Cool! Looks like there are some good ideas! Now, is there a way to get some other powers on this character? Vestiges, maneuvers, music, random other cool powers?

Callin
2014-02-04, 08:51 PM
Mine should be able to give 9ths in Maneuvers/Divine/Arcane/Powers. If you want others the Incarnum Feat can give you one Soulmeld and the Binder feats can give you one Bind.

Jack_Simth
2014-02-04, 08:52 PM
Easy way to get triple 9's in gestalt:

Side A: Savage Bard-5/Ur-Priest-2/Mystic Theurge(Savage Bard/Ur-Priest)-3/Sublime Chord-1/Mystic Theurge(Sublime Chord/Ur-Priest)-7/Arcane Advancement PrC of choice-2.
Side B: Psion-20
Grants:
12th level Ur-Priest casting (caster level depends on rules interpretation) - 9th level Divine spells.
10th level Sublime Chord casting (Caster level 18 - more, with practised spellcaster) - 9th level Arcane spells.
20th level Psion casting (Manifester level 20).