PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Soul Warden Class Revised (WIP)

Draco-V9
2014-02-04, 06:27 PM
Soul Warden
There are some individuals who can move and control the souls of the living and dead to benefit them and people who are around them. These people are Soul wardens who Manipulate souls to heal themselves and others alike as or make an army of the undead but they are also very skilled and feared in battle as they can boost their own soul.

Role
The Soul Warden can be any part of the group from a healer all the way to the tank or offensive force.

Alignment
Any

Hit Die
D10

Class Skills
Climb (STR), Craft (INT), Heal (WIS), Intimidate (CHA), Knowledge (Arcana) (INT), Knowledge (History) (INT), Knowledge (Planes) (INT), Knowledge (Religion) (INT), Profession (WIS), Swim (STR)

Ranks Per Level
2+Int

Level

Base Attack
Bonus

Fort

Refex

Will

Special

Alignment Aura, Detect, Channel Energy

Life Drain, Smite Alignment 1/day

Path of the Warden Tier 1

Drain Power 1

Smite good 2/day

6/1

Domains

7/2

Path of the Warden Tier 2

8/3

Drain Power 2

9/4

10/5

11/6/1

Path of the Warden Tier 3, Extra Domains

12/7/2

Drain Power 3

13/8/3

14/9/4

15/10/5

Path of the Warden Tier 4

16/11/6/1

Drain Power 4

17/12/7/2

18/13/8/3

19/14/9/4

Path of the Warden Tier 5

20/15/10/5

Ultimate Path, Drain Power 5

Weapon and Armor Proficiency:Soul Wardens are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, with all types of armor (heavy, medium, and light), and with shields (except tower shields).

Alignment Aura:The power of a Soul Warden has an Aura that is the same as their Alignment and if they are neutral may choose to have either a Good or Evil Aura. This equal to his Soul Warren level.

Detect :At will, a Soul Warden can Detect the alignment that is opposite to their Aura as if they were using detect good.

Channel Energy:(SU) A Soul Warden can channel either negative or positive energy depending on their alignment. A soul Warden who is good can channel Positive Energy, a Soul Warden who is Evil channels Negative Energy and a Neutral Soul Warden May choose which. They can channel this energy 1/2 their Soul Warden Level + their Strength Modifier/day.

Life Drain:(SU) When a Soul Warden reaches second level they gain the supernatural ability to deal 1D6 Damage and they gain HP equal to the amount dealt . They can perform this ability 1/2 their Soul Warden Level + their Strength Modifier/day.

Path of the Warden:
When a Soul Warden reaches 3rd Level they can choose one of the following Paths.

Path of the Legion:
The path of the Legion grants a Soul Warden the ability to create a small army of Skeletons that follow his every command.
[SPOILER]Tier 1: A Soul Warden who chooses to walk the Path of the Legion gains the Knowledge of a ritual which lets him create a Skeleton (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/skeleton.html#_skeleton) who will carry out any order that he gives to it. This ritual takes 1day to perform and requires a recent Humanoid corpse.

Tier 2: This allow the Soul Warden to create another skeleton.

Tier 3: The Soul Warden can create an aditional 2 Skeletons and may create Skeletal Champions (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/skeletalChampion.html#_skeletal-champion) as well as normal Skeletons.

Tier 4: When a Soul Warden who follows the path of the Legion reaches 15th level they gain a telepathic link with Undead that they have created. This link allows the Soul Warden to see and hear what the created undead can.

Tier 5: When someone who has taken the path of the Legion reaches 5th tier they become one with the undead and their flesh begins to rot and fall of the bone. After a week only bone remains. They gain an Immunity to Piercing attacks and 5 resistance to Slashing attacks. He also gains a +2 to Intimidate and a -4 Diplomacy while in this form (can be changed to look normal with a desguise self spell) and gain undead Traits (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/universalMonsterRules.html#_undead-traits) and gain the undead subtype.

Path of the Knight:
A Soul Warden who follows the path of the Knight Trains his Soul to give it power making him Stronger over time and able to channel his soul to heal or damage others around them for this reason they are very proficient in combat.

Tier 1: A Soul Warden who walks the path of the warrior gain the Channeled Smite Feat as an Extra Feat

Tier 2: When a Soul Warden becomes tier 3 they gain a bonus combat feat. They must for fill the Requirements for the feat.

Tier 3: A soul Warden who have reached tier 2 may channel energy from their weapon with an attack, e.g. when the Soul Warden slashes with a scythe a wave of energy comes out of the weapon. This has a range of 15ft and consumes a use of their Channel Energy.

Tier 4: Someone who walks the path of the Knight at this level must choose one damage type out of Fire, Cold or Electric and this damage type gets added to your Channelled smite and to your. This will add 1d6 damage of your chosen type to damage rolls with this attack.

Tier 5: A Soul Warden who has completed the path of the Knight can create a wave of energy(Out of them or stabbing the ground, It's just flavour) that has a 30ft radius around the Soul Warden. It deal 2d4 Energy damage and 1d6 damage of the type that you choose for Tier 4. This uses up one of your Channel Energy uses and you can only perform it 1/per day.

Path of the Stealer
The Stealer uses Souls to give it power but unlike the Knight it doesn't train it's Soul and let it get stronger they instead steal the Souls of their Foes to give them extra powers.

Tier 1: A Soul Warden who chooses the path of the Stealer can take drain some ones strength from them to make them stronger. This deals 1d4 + their Strength Modifier of Strength damage to the target of a melee touch attach and the Soul Warden gains Temporary Strength Modifier equal to the mount dealt added to their current Strength Modifier. This last for 1d10 round + their Soul Warden level for both the target and the Soul Warden. The Target can resist this with a DC 14 Fortitude Check.
Tier 2: A second tier Stealer may Apply their Life Drain power to their Strength drain, This consumes one use of their Life drain as well

Drain Power:
At 4th level and every 4 levels after a Soul Warden gains an effect to add to his Life Drain ability from the following list. The effect that is afflicted is removed after an hour or until they are cured.
4th 1d6 Drain
Fatigued: The target is fatigued.
Shaken: The target is shaken.
Sickened: The target is sickened.
8th 1d8 Drain
Dazed: The target is dazed.
Staggered: The target is staggered.
12th 1d10 Drain
Exhausted: The target is exhausted. The Soul Warden must have the fatigue Power before selecting this Power.
Frightened: The target is frightened. The Soul Warden must have the shaken Power before selecting this Power.
Nauseated: The target is nauseated. The Soul Warden must have the sickened Power before selecting this Power.
16th 1d12 Drain
Blinded: The target is blinded.
Deafened: The target is deafened.
Paralyzed: The target is paralyzed.
Stunned: The target is stunned.
Domains
A level 6 Soul Warden gains a Domain that Corresponds with it's Aura (e.g. Chaotic, Good, Evil etc.) and at 11th level they gain an extra domain which they choose from the following list.
If your Aura is Evil you may choose from the following.
- Darkness
- Death
- Evil
If your Aura is Good you may choose from the following.
- Good
- Healing
- Sun
Ultimate Path
At 20th level a Soul Warden gains Ultimate power over the path that they choose.
Path of the Legion
A level 20 Soul Warden Who has taken the path of the legion

AttilaTheGeek
2014-02-04, 11:47 PM
To what extent will this be based off the WoW death knight?

(also, there's a typo, "raw brut force"

Tanuki Tales
2014-02-05, 12:11 AM

(also, there's a typo, "raw brut force"

And Knight.

And Undying.

And Are.

And Companions.

Monk of reason
2014-02-05, 12:17 AM
I like a lot of 3.0 stuff. So much so that I allow or incorporate much of it into my 3.5 campaigns. And a lot of it has been either re-done or replaced by better things in 3.5.

For example the necromancer from "secret college of necromancy" was never re-printed but in 3.5 they had the Dread necromancer. The "true Necromancer", "Pale master" and other such 3.0 originals were more or less ported with some minor changes that often resulted in a more powerful class. But the Death Knight was almost totally abandoned except for in the Monster Manuel. It gave us an undead monster called a "death knight" which in some way is a shout out to the 3.0 original that has the class feature "Death Knight" at level 20 which gave it the undead subtype. But still its a far cry from a playable class.

I would love to have a 3.5 homebrew that was well balanced to do the death knight justice (or injustice or whatever)

Draco-V9
2014-02-05, 03:31 AM

This is not based off it at all for I do not play WoW and therfor know nothing about the class and thanks for telling me about the error.

Draco-V9
2014-02-05, 05:23 AM
I would love to have a 3.5 homebrew that was well balanced to do the death knight justice (or injustice or whatever)

I'll try to do it Just... well and it's Going to be PF but the convert it to 3.5e is rather simple

Monk of reason
2014-02-05, 07:33 PM
I'll try to do it Just... well and it's Going to be PF but the convert it to 3.5e is rather simple

I've made my own basic changes to the class when a player wanted to have a death knight cohort. More or less I let it be the same way as it was in the origial 3.0 but with updated feats and updated saves/base attack.

RedWarlock
2014-02-06, 12:37 PM
Where was there ever a DK class? Are you sure you're not thinking of something 3rd party (not a WotC product?)?

Milo v3
2014-02-07, 08:39 PM
Soul Warden
Some individuals belief that the undead are stronger companions that they can have undying loyalty. Some of these people choose to be wizards or clerics, but the ones who are versed in combat choose to become a Soul Warden. These warriors are adept in combat and with channelling negative energy.

Role
The Soul Warden Knight is can be the full combat force of a party with it's undead companions and it's raw power.

Alignment
Any Evil Why restrict it to evil?

Hit Die
D10

Class Skills
Climb(STR), Craft(INT), Heal(WIS), Intimidate(CHA), Knowledge(Arcana)(INT), Knowledge(History)(INT), Knowledge(Planes)(INT), Knowledge(Religion)(INT), Profession(WIS), Swim(STR) Add a space between the name and ability score

Ranks Pre Level
2+Int Per Level

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+2|Aura of Evil, Detect Good, Channel Negative Energy
2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+3|Life Drain, Smite Good 1/day

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+3|Path of the Undead 1

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+4|Drain Power 1

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+4|Smite Good 2/day

6th|
+6/+1|
+5|
+2|
+5|

7th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+2|
+5|Path of The Undead 2
8th|
+8/+3|
+6|
+2|
+6|Drain Power 2

9th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+3|
+6|

10th|
+10/+5|
+7|
+3|
+7|

11th|
+11/+6/+1|
+7|
+3|
+7|Path of the Undead 3

12th|
+12/+7/+2|
+8|
+4|
+8|Drain Power 3

13th|
+13/+8/+3|
+8|
+4|
+8|

14th|
+14/+9/+4|
+9|
+4|
+9|

15th|
+15/+10/+5|
+9|
+5|
+9| Path of the Undead 4

16th|
+16/+11/+6/+1|
+10|
+5|
+10|Drain Power 4

17th|
+17/+12/+7/+2|
+10|
+5|
+10|

18th|
+18/+13/+8/+3|
+11|
+6|
+11|

19th|
+19/+14/+9/+4|
+11|
+6|
+11| Path of the Undead 5

20th|
+20/+15/+10/+5|
+12|
+6|
+12|Ultimate Path, Drain Power5 Add a space|[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency:Soul Wardens are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, with all types of armor (heavy, medium, and light), and with shields (except tower shields).

Aura of Good:The power of a Soul Warden's aura of Evil (see the detect Evil spell) is equal to his Soul Warren level . Remove space

Detect Good:At will, a Soul Warden can use detect good, as the spell. A Soul Warden can, as a move action, concentrate on a single item or individual within 60 feet and determine if it is good, learning the strength of its aura as if having studied it for 3 rounds. While focusing on one individual or object, the Soul Warden does not detect evil in any other object or individual within range.

Channel Negative Energy:A Soul Warden gains the supernatural ability to channel negative energy like a cleric. A Soul Warden uses her level as her effective cleric level when channelling positive energy. they may do this 1+their Strength Modifer/day. This is a Strength-based ability. Modifier. Is missing the (Su) Also, uncommon choice of Strength for a supernatural ability, but okay, though you don't need to say it's a strength based ability after already saying it's based on strength.

Life Drain:When a Soul Warden reaches second level they gain the supernatural ability to drain 1D6 HP. They can perform this ability 1/2 their Soul Warden Level + their Strength Modifier. Again missing (Su). Also, you don't say how draining HP works. Does it just damage the person, is it like ability drain, do you heal by the amount you drain? Also, why is it stuck at 1d6 for the whole time, after level 2 you will probably never use this ability. Also, what is the range of the ability?

Path of the Undead:
When a Soul Warden reaches 3rd Level they can choose one of the two following Paths.

Path of the Legion:
Teir 1: A Soul Warden who chooses to walk the Path of the Legion gains the Knowledge of a ritual which lets him create aSkeleton (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/skeleton.html#_skeleton) who will carry out any order that he gives to it. This ritual takes 1day to perform and requires a recent corpse. The Soul Warden may only have one Skelton at a time. Put a space between a and skeleton, and 1 and day. What counts as a recent corpse? Can it be any skeleton, cause a colossal dragon skeleton sounds pretty useful at 3rd level. Also, Skeleton not skelton.

Tier 2: This allow the Soul Warden to create another skeleton.

Tier 3: The Soul Warden can create an aditional 2 Skeletons and may create Skeletal Champions (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/skeletalChampion.html#_skeletal-champion) as well as normal Skeletons.

Tier 4: When a Soul Warden who follows the path of the Legion reaches 15th level they gain a telepathic link with Undead that they have created. This link allows the Soul Warden to see and hear what the created undead can.

Tier 5: When someone who has taken the path of the Legion reaches 5th tier they become one with the undead and their flesh begins to rot and fall of the bone. After a week only bone remains. They gain an Immunity to Piercing attacks and 5 resistance to Slashing attacks. He also gains a +2 to Intimidate and a -4 Diplomacy while in this form (can be changed to look normal with a desguise self spell) and gain undead Traits (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/universalMonsterRules.html#_undead-traits). Do they actually become undead? Because as written, you can be a humanoid still but you now also have the Undead Traits.

Comments in bold. There are also several dead levels, but I'm sure you will fill them since this is a work in progress.

I like a lot of 3.0 stuff. So much so that I allow or incorporate much of it into my 3.5 campaigns. And a lot of it has been either re-done or replaced by better things in 3.5.

Just so you know, I'm pretty sure this isn't a conversion of a 3.0 class, since IRL Draco hasn't read any 3.0 books. As far as I can tell from him, this is only taking mechanical inspiration from Paladin (though correct me if I am wrong Draco, of course).

Draco-V9
2014-02-08, 12:29 AM
Thanks I'll be sure to fix all of that in the next edit.

Draco-V9
2014-03-16, 03:19 AM
If anyone can think of a better name I would really like to hear them because I don't really like Soul Warden for this. So please comment your Ideas.

Draco-V9
2014-03-16, 07:48 PM
To be done:
- Path of the Stealer
- path of the Healer
- Ultimate Path