PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Slaying Arrows

Thurbane
2014-02-04, 06:35 PM
Is it just me, or are Undead and Construct Slaying Arrows far more effective than any other variety?

Due to a lack of Con score, and Fort being their worst (or equal worst) racial save, Undead and Constructs are far more vulnerable to Slaying arrows than other creature types.

Yes, I know it's a very expensive way to destroy them though.

Thoughts?

Cheers - T

Zaq
2014-02-04, 06:47 PM
That's a good point. I don't think it's necessarily a problem, but it's an interesting observation. That would actually be a decent thing for a mid-high level archer to keep in their back pocket, particularly if they tend to like precision damage. I'd never paid any attention to them before, because expensive consumable items tend to rub me the wrong way . . . and I've never played an archer high enough level to even come close to affording them. Cool find.

TuggyNE
2014-02-04, 07:29 PM
Since slaying arrows are otherwise basically useless, this seems like a nice little niche. The inability for Con - creatures to ever acquire immunity is a little annoying, but oh well; 3.x is not good at dealing with layers of immunities and immunity-breakers, after all.

Tvtyrant
2014-02-04, 09:09 PM
I always assumed they were supposed to be. The ranger-archer who hates none-living sentients carries a pile around to slay them as they appear, and is more effective than the rest of the party as a result.