PDA

View Full Version : On Damage Reduction

AlanBruce
2014-02-04, 07:15 PM
Greetings! I have a pixie player in my game. As a pixie, she has DR 10/cold iron.

A dragon shaman/marshal in the party activated an aura that gives everyone DR 3/-.

Said pixie got sneak attacked for 56 damage. The rogue did not have a cold iron weapon, so the pixie's DR applies...but what about the marshal's aura?

I was thinking that, because the rogue lacked the necessary weapon, both DRs would stack, giving the pixie DR 13/?.

I would like to know what the ruling on taht scenario would be, thank you very much in advance.

NotScaryBats
2014-02-04, 07:17 PM
From the SRD:
"If a creature has damage reduction from more than one source, the two forms of damage reduction do not stack. Instead, the creature gets the benefit of the best damage reduction in a given situation. "

Malimar
2014-02-04, 07:18 PM
They don't stack.

If a creature has damage reduction from more than one source, the two forms of damage reduction do not stack. Instead, the creature gets the benefit of the best damage reduction in a given situation.

See here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#damageReduction) for more information.

So if a foe has cold iron weapons, the pixie would still get the 3/- from the marshal. Otherwise, she just gets the benefit of her native 10/cold iron.