PDA

View Full Version : True Mind Switch with an Allip

SirJonathanMP
2014-02-04, 08:57 PM
To preface: I have this friend who introduced me to D&D a little while back. He's always telling me about ideas he has for new characters, or things he tried doing in previous campaigns, and I'm always annoying him with outrageous (and oftentimes IMPOSSIBLE) ideas. That was how I came up with this recent one which even he's unsure of.

So, what I'd like to know is:

Is it possible to True Mind Switch with an Allip, and if it is how would I best go about doing it?

Big Fau
2014-02-04, 09:08 PM
Mind-Switch (and True) is a Mind-Affecting power. Unless there's a way to neutralize a hostile undead's immunity to Mind-Affecting abilities, there is no way to use True Mind Switch on an Allip.

Whether or not a creature can lower it's racial immunity to something is a debated topic here, so Commanding it to lower that immunity may not work.

Jack_Simth
2014-02-04, 09:10 PM
Mind-Switch (and True) is a Mind-Affecting power. Unless there's a way to neutralize a hostile undead's immunity to Mind-Affecting abilities, there is no way to use True Mind Switch on an Allip.Ghost Trap (Spell Compendium) to make it temporarily corporeal, then Polymorph Any Object to turn it into something which has a mind, then True Mind Switch.

Darrin
2014-02-04, 09:12 PM
Psionic Sandwich trick (web.archive.org/web/20080213115747/http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=8570529).

Or try Doc Roc's Magic Jar trick (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200516).

If the undead/incorporeal type is a problem, Glyph Seal/Skull Talisman with aspect of the wolf to turn it into an animal.