PDA

View Full Version : 1whoscribbled's E11 (Inspired by e6)

1whoscribbled
2014-02-04, 11:40 PM
1whoscribbled E11 Player's Guide

A bare bones start with just a layout to show what I'm working towards

Table of Contents

Introduction
The Inspiration
What E11 Is
Chapter 1: Base Classes & Archetypes
Warrior
Professional
Caster
Chapter 2: Prestige Classes
Chapter 3: Character Traits

Chapter 4: Feats

Chapter 5: Techniques, Talents, &Paths

Chapter 6: Magic & Seeds

Chapter 7: Races, Templates, & Bloodlines

Chapter 8: Templates & Change Log

Introduction

The Inspiration

Hey everyone I am kind of the new guy on the block but already a huge fan of the many homebrew systems, and just the writing in general. And because of this I have decided to go through and finish a system I have floating around in my head (with some nightcore in the back and a pile of books next to me:smalltongue:).

So frist off those who have inspired me. Frist off there is Gnorman and his e6 system (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250820), a brilliant homebrewer (any others who say otherwise get tossed into the shark tank). Then just because he decided to add and expand on a already excellent idea is Rizban and his system (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273643). From the use of motes to the idea of backgrounds for the characters just pushed me those last few inches over the cliff to do my own system. Also I hate being disorganized so I'm borrowing a bit of Rizbans thread "set up" for his system(The idea of a table of contents, ect...) so credit for the neatness goes to him. But befor either of these was this thread (http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?206323-E6-The-Game-Inside-D-amp-D)that later lead me to giantitp and these two amazing people.

So on to what I'm supposed to be doing here. :smalltongue: E11 is a system where players can go one step above e6 and just touch onto the idea of becoming World altering characters. Don't get me wrong I love e6 but I wanted to just go that one little step forward so that I could incorporate prestige classes which was a huge way to make ones character unique in that party in standard 3.5. The issue is that you need to have 5 to 11 levels in order just to get the first level in the prestige class. Meaning that your just a boring rouge those first few levels before you could even dream about becoming that epic assassin of your dreams (who doesn't after playing Assassins Creed). What Gnorman did was give us the first class meant to level only 6 levels and become very distinct thanks to the concept of using the base class in tandem with the idea of archetypes. The archetype is what is the game changer. Sadly though it did not give me enough to make my character feel like he was only one to be that. Which is fine since there is no way one can just keep making thousands of archetype for one class and hope no one choses the same as another. Now what Rizban was go one step further and add the idea of Backgrounds. These were just perfect in my mind. Neat little additions to any character and there class that just add to the idea of being unique.

Which in my mind is the entire why anyone replays. TO BECOME SOMETHING ELSE. To be unique and able to write their own story, to have fun without the fuss of dealing with reality as you trudge across a wasteland filled with beast made of glass striving to kill you; as you try to save the world for the time ending due to a artifact bearing the fabled sands of time(Yes I'm referencing something, take a guess :smalltongue:).

So what I'm doing is taking 3.5(with its system), Gnorman's and Rizban's concepts, blending them together with a bit of my own insanity in order to go the next step.

What E11 Is

So onto what this is all about. E11 has three base classes (Fighter, Professional, and Caster) that level for 1 to 11, each base class has multiple archetypes (these represent the broad idea of the character), unlimited amounts of prestige classes that build upon the level combinations of the three base classes(which represent the characters focus and path in life), and finally character traits (what they were born, experienced, or learned).

So first off the base classes are really just templates for the stuff the archetype gives you. Which is why I only need three base classes. In addition to this each class has a resource (either Edge, Expertise, or Essence). Depending on your archetype the bonus you get from you attribute is selected. This is similar to how wizards get bonus spells per day. Archetypes can be what is called focused (gained at first and even level after) which is were you gain ability's pertaining to that particular archetype. In addition the class gains either a Technique, Talent, or Path(working on a better name). This is gained at first level and every odd level after (thus stopping the dreaded empty spots from appearing :smallbiggrin:. These will be described later (Still writing the ideaout).

Prestige classes are now both easier and harder to get into. Frist off prestige classes can have either 3, 5, or 7 levels. Each class has its one mini pool of points that can only be used for ability's in that class, in addition there are no archetype for prestige class, they are more like the standard 3.5 idea. These are meant to be very specific on what they are, Barbarian, Skald, Wizard, Necromancer, Ranger, Priest, ect...

Character Traits are things that are used to represent stuff that has happened in the characters background. They provided bonuses, features, and access to new skills and materails. The point of them is to add mechanics to what the character has gain as he grew. In addition to this though they must take a drawback (sounds like pathfiner its not). Which represents something that has happened to them negatively. For example losing a leg:smallbiggrin:, Branded as a traitor, loss of memory, ect.. Im looking for people to be playing not the God blessed saint (you become that later:smallwink:)

Another thing is Im kinda redoing magic, and well everything in the hopes of making everything the same tier. From fighter to wizard:smallbiggrin:. Yes I'm insane:smallcool:

So what I have here is 1. the base class (1a. each has a selection of abilities to focus devoted only to one archetype; 2a Paths techniques, and talents: these are things that are avaible to that class no matter the archetype but are selected like focus but with the option to trade them for specific feats), 2. the archtype, 3. Charater traits, and 4. Prestiege classes

So that is the jest of what I'm working towards, please be patient with me but I will be devoting every minute I can to make this a reality.

1whoscribbled
2014-02-04, 11:41 PM
Chapter 1: Base Classes & Archetypes

Warrior
A warrior is one who specializes in the mastery of weapons and fighting styles. This could be the Barbarian striking all in his mighty rage, The swordsmen disarming all that come against him, the Knight in all his glory as he strides across the field challenge only the bravest of enemies. This class is for all martial focused players, this does not mean though that they don't do things out of combat, the barbarian can easily transverse the wild steeps; able to go where few beast can tread. The Swordsman who could kill with just a swipe of his blade can just as easily just knock out his foe with the flat of his blade. The knight with his social graces can easily persuade a lord to grant him amnesty for "removing" a corrupt baron from office.

Alignment: Any
Hit Die: 1d10

Class Skills: Climb, Craft, Handle Animal, Heal, Intimidate, Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering, Local, Nature, History), Listen, Profession, Spot.

Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special |
Edge

1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Archtype(Novice), Technique (Least), Focus|

2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Focus|

3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Technique (Least)|

4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|Focus|

5th|+5|+4|+1|+1|Technique(Lesser)|

6th|+6/+1|+5|+2|+2|Archetype(Journeymen), Focus|

7th|+7/+2|+5|+2|+2|Technique (Lesser)|

8th|+8/+3|+6|+2|+2|Focus|

9th|+9/+4|+6|+3|+3|Technique (Greater)|

10th|+10/+5|+7|+3|+3|Focus|

11th|+11/+6/+1|+7|+3|+3|Archtype(Master), Technique(Greater)|

[/table]

Name:
Alignment: Archetype
Hit Die: Archetype
Saves:
Class Skills: Archetype
Skill Points at Each Level: Archetype
Weapon and Armor ProficienciesArchetype

Focus:

Professional

Hit Die: 1d8

Class Skills: Appraise, Bluff, Craft, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering, Local, Nature, Nobility and Royalty, History), Perform, Profession, Sense Motive.

Skill Points at Each Level: 8 + Int modifier

Expertise

1st|+0|+0|+2|+0|Archtype(Novice), Talent(Least), Focus|

2nd|+1|+0|+3|+0|Focus|

3rd|+2|+1|+3|+1|Talent(Least)|

4th|+3|+1|+4|+1|Focus|

5th|+3|+1|+4|+1|Talent(Lesser)|

6th|+4|+2|+5|+2|Archetype(Journeymen), Focus|

7th|+5|+2|+5|+2|Talent(Lesser)|

8th|+6/+1|+2|+6|+2|Focus|

9th|+6/+1|+3|+6|+3|Talent(Greater)|

10th|+7/+2|+3|+7|+3|Focus|

11th|+8/+3|+3|+7|+3|Archtype(Master), Talent(Greater)|
[/table]

Name:
Alignment: Archetype
Hit Die: Archetype
Saves:
Class Skills: Archetype
Skill Points at Each Level: Archetype
Weapon and Armor ProficienciesArchetype

Focus:

Caster

Hit Die: 1d6

Class Skills: Concentration, Craft, Decipher Script, Knowledge (All), Profession, Spellcraft, Use Magic Device.

Skill Points at Each Level: 6 + Int modifier

Essence|Seeds

1st|+0|+0|+0|+2|Archtype(Novice), Path(Least), Focus|
4|

2nd|+1|+0|+0|+3|Focus|
8|

3rd|+1|+1|+1|+3|Path(Least)|
12|

4th|+2|+1|+1|+4|Focus|
16|

5th|+2|+1|+1|+4|Path(Lesser)|