PDA

View Full Version : How would I go about building this character?

Brendanicus
2014-02-05, 12:07 AM
So, Playgrounders, I have the oh-so-mature idea of a character whose whole shtick is the fact that his first solution to any problem is to throw minions at thm. I'm talking Xykon-esque levels of minion sacrifice. No scruples, just a ton of dead commoners.

Unfortuntly, the current rules for Leadership state that there is a stacking -2 penlty for each minion I deliberatly send to their doom. Any ways to overcome that? Bonus points for minimum cheese used.

Astral Avenger
2014-02-05, 12:10 AM
necromancer... that -2 only maters if the minions have free will :smallbiggrin:

edit: or summons, any tier 1 caster should be able to do either of these, although, warlocks make such great flavor for a necromancer even if they aren't necessarily the most potent of necros.

maniacalmojo
2014-02-05, 12:12 AM
Gah damn. My friend had this amazing necromancer build.

It involved a feat or spell that would shrink skeletons in order to summon more of them and a feat that they would explode causing half their health in damage. He would have about 200 of them at finite size stored in flasks that he would carry around and when a monster got close he would throw a flask at it and the skeletons would swarm the monster and then all explode causing damage based on the amount of skeletons their were (the lowest the feat would let the monsters explode by was 1)

I did not create the charecter myself and was not sure the source material but it seems to be similar to what you are going for.

Brendanicus
2014-02-05, 12:13 AM
necromancer... that -2 only maters if the minions have free will :smallbiggrin:While that would be the obvious choice, Kobold zombies getting killed aren't nearly funny as actual Kobolds.

maniacalmojo
2014-02-05, 12:13 AM
also i would say take like a level of bard.

When you have a literal army that all get +2 to stuff then not much can take it.

Emperor Tippy
2014-02-05, 12:18 AM
Psion/Thrallhead

Leadership without having any downsides to dead minions.

KnotKnormal
2014-02-05, 12:23 AM
instead of the leadership feat, i think there is a feat called tyrant. it works just like the leadership feat only you are rewarded for being evil.

ill do some research and get back to you.