PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] stormcaster and call storm

Raezeman
2014-02-05, 11:13 AM
Hello,

i'm somewhat confused about something written in the explanation of the storm caster. In the combat section, it says "Your spells are harder to resist because of the call storm ability". Looking at this ability shows that you can use it to summon windstorm, thunderstorm, or hurricane-force winds as using the control weather spells. Now, i know winds of these strengths have a number of effects, like screwing up the attacks of archers, but is does nothing with the strength or DC of spells, right?

or am i missing something here?

Diarmuid
2014-02-05, 11:30 AM
You're mixing fluff with crunch. That statement in the Combat section has no mechanical impact on the class's abilities.

Raezeman
2014-02-05, 11:39 AM
well, i was confused as some prestige class entries does give actual advice in the combat section (like the skypledged giving examples of useful druid and cleric spells available through the spellpool), so i thought the "harder to resist" part was a literal effect from storms or something. So basically, it might have wanted to say instead: "your spells are are frightful sight to be seen, being cast from within a terrible thunderstorm you summoned yourself with the call storm ability".

nedz
2014-02-05, 12:18 PM
You could get +1 CL if you also had the Storm Magic ( Frostburn p50) feat but the PrC doesn't seem to do anything for you otherwise.