PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a prestige class

Dusk Eclipse
2014-02-05, 11:45 AM
Is there any prestige class with 3/4 BAB and full Arcane CL advancement that can be entered at level 5? I am aware of Ruathar but the earliest you can enter is level 6 with a full caster (and I'm already loosing two CL).

The Character is a Ranger 2/Wizard 3, with the intention on going Abjurant Champion ASAP, but I need at least 2 3/4 BAB levels to get in at level 7.

Phelix-Mu
2014-02-05, 11:59 AM
Ironically, you are pretty close to meeting the requirements for Arcane Hierophant, but not quite. Can't really think of a way to shoehorn that in, either.

nedz
2014-02-05, 12:03 PM
Ranger 2 / Wizard 4 / Spellsword 1 / Abjurant Champion 5

Dusk Eclipse
2014-02-05, 12:06 PM
Arcane Hierophant doesn't really interest me for this character, don't get me wrong it is a great class but not this time.

I can't get into Spellsword cause I lack the heavy Armor proficiency.

D4rkh0rus
2014-02-05, 12:08 PM
Is there any prestige class with 3/4 BAB and full Arcane CL advancement that can be entered at level 5? I am aware of Ruathar but the earliest you can enter is level 6 with a full caster (and I'm already loosing two CL).

The Character is a Ranger 2/Wizard 3, with the intention on going Abjurant Champion ASAP, but I need at least 2 3/4 BAB levels to get in at level 7.

Ranger 2/Wizard 3 is only +3 BaB (Poor Bab goes 0/1/1/2/2/3/3...)

So you would need 3 lvls in a 3/4 BaB class to qualify or 2 in a full BaB Class.

If it wasnt for you needing to get it by lvl 5/6 Id say Sacred Exorcist ><

Unseen seer can be entered by lvl 6, and its medium BaB... it also doesnt require anything but skills.

nedz
2014-02-05, 12:25 PM
I can't get into Spellsword cause I lack the heavy Armor proficiency.
That's just a feat, bit of a waste I know — however it can be done.

Wrathof42
2014-02-05, 12:28 PM
People normally go Paladin2/Sorcerer4/Spellsword/Abjurant champion. I don't think it can be done easily with ranger as the base sadly, at least not as early as you want to.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-02-05, 12:33 PM
I'm using fractional bab, so it should be(Ranger 2) 2+(Wizard 3) 1.5+(3/4 BAB 21.5)=5, but I did my math wrong on the levels, I can only Enter Abjurant Champion at 8th level :/

Unseen Seer works pretty well, though it is a shame I wouldn't get the Precision Damage boost.

Edit: nedz: Yeah I'm trying to avoid waisting a feat on a proficiency I won't even use; the reason to go ranger is for the dex-free TWF which can't be used with heavy armour.

Wrathof42, I'm well aware of the Sorcadin build, but for thematic reasons I prefer to have a wizard base for my casting, the ranger also gets me lots of skills which is something I really like.

Petrocorus
2014-02-05, 01:10 PM
Ask your DM if he will allows Inspire Greatness + Psychic Reform to get one skill at 9 rank, to enter Ruathar early. Some DM does accept.

Depending on your skills, Harper Paragon (PGtF) and Unseen Seer (CM) may be possible.

nedz
2014-02-05, 01:16 PM
I don't know what Race you are looking at but Human or Elf Paragon would get close. 3/4 BAB, 2/3 casting and some nice beans.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-02-05, 01:20 PM
My Dm tends to be on the lower side of the optimization spectrum and Psionics don't exist on the setting we are playing in (custom one, and no I won't ask her to include Psionics just for an early entry trick, no matter how low on the power scale it is), Harper Paragon isn't an option for that same reason and that PGtF is one of the few books I don't own.

Unseen Seer does works really well and the ranger levels help a lot with getting the skills for US, I'm still not sure if I'll go this route, but so far it is the most tempting one.