PDA

View Full Version : Any Cryopsilichgish builds out there?

Zanfire
2014-02-05, 12:31 PM
I've been toying with the idea of a cold/ice/shadow themed Lich, using psionics instead of spellcasting, but with more of a martial focus than normal, anyone have any suggestions for a Cryopsilichgish, besides a new moniker?

Ivanhoe
2014-02-05, 12:52 PM
The build category name you came up with alone is worth filling this thread with ideas:smallcool:. Unfortunately, I have never done any such build.
Psionics iirc is comparatively (with regular spells) weak/not very versatile for powerful elemental or shadow effects. The Kineticist powers (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powerList.htm#kineticistPsychokinesisDisciplinePow ers) may be a good start.
I have also checked Frostburn prestige classes, but there is none that progresses manifesting (possibly the spellcasting PrC could be also taken by a psionic lich, though).

Alchemicality
2014-02-05, 01:08 PM
Not got one myself, but Frostburn has the Cryokineticist class which may fit with your character build. As for other tips, Ivan covers most of it.

Urpriest
2014-02-05, 01:46 PM
I feel like the Psionic equivalent to a Lich is Incorporeal, which would make this concept kind of tricky.

Chronos
2014-02-05, 04:12 PM
What is it that appeals to you about this specific combination? Knowing that will help us give much more focused advice.

The Viscount
2014-02-06, 12:56 PM
There is a psionic lich template in Hyperconscious, which is 3rd party, though it was written by Bruce Cordell, who wrote the XPH, so it's not that different from normal psionics.

Venger
2014-02-06, 12:56 PM
dry lich, from sandstorm, only requires minor refluffing to be set in a different kind of desert. Koschei (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koschei), a slavic folk tale character is the region's version of a lich, so it's got some representation. remember, the arctic circle's a desert too.

Zanfire
2014-02-06, 02:29 PM
Sorry, I completely forgot I'd posted this...wow

I've looked at the Cryokineticist and thought it would serve as a good dip maybe. As well as a psionic adaption of the Frost Mage from Frostburn. The cold and especially shadow theme would most likely be taken care of via spell/power selection and roleplay, however I'm greatly interested in thematically fitting spells/powers suggestions as well as feat/race/class suggestions as well.

I was kinda thinking maybe a Shadowlord dip to improve the combat focus and lend a mechanical side to the shadow theme, however I'm not really sold on getting the prerequisites w/o extra feat/gestalt shenanigans, and I'd like the build to be as simple as possible.

As far as what appeals to me is the image of a frost and ice covered lich leaping from the shadows striking at you with frozen weapons as he manipulates the icy battlefield to eak out every icy edge against you, occasionally hurling shards of ice at you or pulling columns of ice up at your feet, etc, etc.