PDA

View Full Version : Dreams are wierd and awesome

Maquise
2014-02-05, 03:26 PM
Last night I dreamed I was eating hot wings while one of my coworkers taught SCP-173 how to play catch. I remember worrying about blinking, but then realizing I could just throw a ball and not have to worry. I wonder what it means...

Anyone else have weird and awesome dreams?

Armaius
2014-02-05, 03:30 PM
I had a dream just the other night about a bald eagle wandering around on my front lawn for no particular reason.

Though the weirdest dream I've had involved my best friend getting sucked up into a tornado made entirely of masonry and members of the genus Equus. :smallconfused:

Jormengand
2014-02-05, 03:33 PM
My dreams fulfill the weird requirement, but are generally horrible. Just be thankful that you have good dreams.

AtlanteanTroll
2014-02-05, 03:39 PM
You dreams are wierd? How weird.

mistformsquirrl
2014-02-05, 03:40 PM
I've had many dreams where I could fly - the strange thing is, in most of them it's not really a surprising thing to be able to fly - flight is something I take for granted <@.@> Like, if in my dream I need to go across town for something, I just fly. Nobody finds that particularly weird.

Also once had a dream where I was eating tons of donuts, and when I woke up I had my pillow in my mouth. That was hilarious and strange <@.@>

Asta Kask
2014-02-05, 03:52 PM
I was in a post-apocalyptic version of Gothenburg - and San Francisco. The two had merged somehow. Anyway, we were attacked by aliens in flying saucers.

Moriwen
2014-02-05, 04:09 PM
When I wore night-time retainers, I would regularly have dreams in which I was eating something and it got stuck to the roof of my mouth. I'd try to dislodge it with my tongue, and wake up to the sound of my retainer clicking out.

Quite annoying, really.

Mauve Shirt
2014-02-05, 04:19 PM
http://dreamlogincolor.blogspot.com/ I stopped recording my dreams a while back, but I still have some good ones. For instance the other night I dreamed that I had to go visit the Church of Scientology in order to watch bad Nick Cage movies.

Tessman the 2nd
2014-02-05, 05:10 PM
I've had a dream where I was running backwards from a nudist, then falling off a cliff, when I landed my legs hit first and they broke at right angles to my body.

Kislath
2014-02-05, 06:59 PM
Ouch!

I never get to fly in my dreams.
However, I do tend to make great leaps fairly often, often covering 60-80 feet. Not upward, but forward, like a frog. It's pretty cool, but a bit weird, I guess. It might be nice to fly for once.

Arkhosia
2014-02-05, 07:07 PM
I had an awesome dream that I was actually a d20 character and learned how to edit my stats.

And I kept having a weird dream where I went to school and my clothing gradually disappeared over time, but everyone thought it was completely normal.

Krazzman
2014-02-06, 07:26 AM
I remember one night...

I was dreaming about something threatening me and my wife in our bedroom. Something came through the window and I jumped out of bed to get my baseballbat and then I was enlightened! "Why shouldn't I just transform into a bear?" And then I did that and just wanted to maul the **** out of the something... when my wife woke me because I was making weird noises in my sleep... apparently I tried to howl...

Weird.

Asta Kask
2014-02-06, 07:58 AM
Yeah, naked dreams. Oh so many dreams where I'm naked and looking for my clothes. My Mom has them too.

EmeraldRose
2014-02-06, 09:52 AM
Yeah, naked dreams. Oh so many dreams where I'm naked and looking for my clothes. My Mom has them too.

Your mom has dreams where you're naked and looking for your clothes? :smallconfused::smallwink:

I don't always remember my dreams, unless they are the similar sort of frequent ones.

There's one type where I'm at some weird house (no idea what house it is, I've never lived there) but then the house sort of turns into a mismatch of several houses I've lived in and it's sort of my family of origin plus my family now, all living in the same place.

Or spider dreams. These are not good. I'm usually dreaming that I'm laying in my bed either asleep or awake, and then there's a spider dangling from the ceiling and coming for my face and I can't get away from it. I usually wake up yelling from these. Generally have them when I'm super stressed.

warty goblin
2014-02-06, 12:49 PM
Last night I dreamed I set up a date with a girl in the department during an excruciatingly boring class. Then the dream shifted away from such charming subject matter to me standing in a sort of underground crypt, in front of a door. My light just showed the glint of gold between rows of tombs stretching away into the darkness. I knew something horrible would happen if I stepped through the doorway.

Something horrible in this case involving a sort of giant saber-toothed skeletal beast that buried itself and impaled people on its teeth.

Thunderfist12
2014-02-06, 08:48 PM
I used to have the occasional dream about something happening to someone, from their point of view, the night before it happened. No joke. Unfortunately, that stopped when the migrains started.

More recently, I've had dreams that take place about 10 years from now, in Japan, still as myself. funny thing is, they're all coherent, plausible, and they started before I even wanted to move there...

Ravens_cry
2014-02-06, 09:52 PM
I had a dream recently where I got a friend's dad's magic (as in magic: the gathering) cards wet, and I was chased through a door by a massive undead looking dog. Seriously, its head was the size of the door way.

druid91
2014-02-06, 10:15 PM
I do have bizarre dreams about being a psychic hivemind thing directing armies to do battle with demonic shadows.

TheThan
2014-02-08, 03:40 PM
I had a dream that Disney bought up the rights to the Harry Potter franchise and converted the Disneyland Hotel into Hogwarts. It was still the hotel, just Hogwarts themed.

I'm not a fan of either harry potter or Disney (well minus some franchises here and there).

S@tanicoaldo
2014-02-08, 03:54 PM
I always suffered nights of sleep paralysis.

Going to bed when I was younger was literally a horror story.

JoshL
2014-02-08, 09:13 PM
I used to have nightmares until I woke up one morning and realized that I loved them. I've only had one since in about 20 years.

Recently had a dream where I was at work and my girlfriend brought me a bunch of books. I set them up on my desk, wondering if I should have so many things on my desk, because if I quit my job that will be more things I'll have to pack up. Among the books were five in a series of fantasy novels from the 50's. There were illustrations...sort of minimal watercolor style. It absolutely blew my mind and I became obsessed with them. I found that 10 years or so ago the creator was working with an animation studio to create films based on the stories, but he was frustrated by the computer animation the studio was using. He said "the artists are slaves to the IT department. No one is drawing anymore" so he pulled the plug on the project. However, since then he had passed away, so no one was sure if the film was going to be made or not.

As part of my obsession I went to a museum, where they were showing a film on the history of the project and it opened with a song. Very studio Ghibli style song. Sort of sing-song, sort of melancholy. I woke up with it, and the illustrations stuck in my head.

Lither
2014-02-09, 05:33 AM
My dreams are sort of pseudo-lucid. I'm never aware that I'm asleep, but I do things that are functionally similar; that is, I command things to change and they do. I consider that a good thing. Generally when I start taking a more active hand in shaping them a lot of dream-people die. Sometimes before, I used to be plagued with dreams of people I know - and knew - dying until I stopped caring about it as much as I did.

One recently was me in a very long line for something until I got bored and started wrecking the place. And flying.

Winter_Wolf
2014-02-11, 12:19 AM
I had a dream where I was taking a walk with my son and he was flipping me crap about my knowledge of geography in the place I grew up and he'd never seen before that day. As the dream progressed he went from late teens to early adolescence to toddler. Also I don't have a son.

I detest lucid dreaming. Because having power or special abilities in my dreams isn't an issue and I can keep going with it. Knowing I'm dreaming makes me wake up every time. Also despite having dreams where any fantastic or bizarre thing is taken as a given, it's the innocuous little thing that forces me awake. Like a cigarette butt lying on the street. Not the monsters, or the magical lightning bolts, or the people who are carrying military grade assault gear. Just a dirty, stepped on, waterlogged remains of a cigarette butt in a place where one might expect to find it in any large, dirty city. Come on, subconscious brain, what the hell?! :smallannoyed:

Kislath
2014-02-12, 03:43 PM
I feel your pain, Winter_wolf. My dreams can get pretty freaky sometimes, but as soon as I realize that something isn't quite right, usually right when things start getting really good, I wake up immediately.

Last week a 10 ft tall talking cockroach came up to me and asked me for a light for his cigarette. He had a british cockney accent. "Sorry mate," I told him, I don't smoke. As I was walking away, a UFO that looked like a spinning toy top landed across the street, and a bunch of TV reporters started swarming around it. When the gangplank came down and an alien came out to give a press release, it suddenly hit me--- hey...waitaminute... roaches don't smoke!
I awoke instantly, very angry.

Last night I had a dream where a hollywood crew was using my house to film a movie. Martin Short and Julia Roberts were having a sex scene in my bed! It was as funny as that sounds, but also kinda hot. Anyway, a bounty hunter showed up, and not one from the movie plot, but a real one, and he was looking for the girl who used to live in my house, and being a real jerk about it. Then a biker gang rode by, and they were taking up donations for some charity of some sort. That's when it hit me-- hey, waitaminute... no girl lived here before I did! *poof!* I was awake.

Traab
2014-02-13, 05:49 PM
I have two standard dreams that reoccur more often than others. One sucks, one rocks. The one that rocks is an example of dreamscape fridge logic. See, I find that if I jump, like a standing jump, nothing special, then land, using my legs to absorb the impact and jump again, I can use the extra energy to jump higher. And higher, and higher. Till I am leaping across (and above) basketball courts in a single bound. Its TONS of fun.

The sucky dream comes in several varieties, generally, I am chased by something. Could be jason or kreugar, could be raptors, could be a black shadow circle on the ground following me, whatever. The thing is, I am never caught. I will run, find a spot to rest up, then when whatever it is catches up, run some more. I wake up absolutely EXHAUSTED from this. Its not scary because I am never trapped. I just keep running laps around the block, or a school I used to go to, or random woodlands.

ArlEammon
2014-02-13, 08:43 PM
My dreams are more awesome than Sucker Punch battles.:smallcool:

Domino Quartz
2014-02-19, 08:30 PM
I had a dream once, where I was walking across the road and I tripped over. Suddenly, I could not stand up, only crawl, and I could only move in slow motion. Just as that happened, a van filled with petrol and on fire came speeding down the road. I only just managed to get out of the way before it crashed and exploded. I managed to get to the other side of the road, and had been walking down the road for a while before I realised that I'd found my way into a giant ants' nest. I got out of there as quickly as I could, and found that I was in an abandoned half-built house. There was a sudden explosion that threw me through a plate glass window, whereupon I "woke up" aboard a space station really far away from Earth, and we were just being told that Jupiter had turned into a black hole. Then I woke up for real.

Gnoman
2014-02-19, 08:36 PM
I had a very strange dream the other Sunday night.

Rather than being home in bed, trying to get some sleep to go to work, I was at a friend's house, playing World of Tanks with a martini on the desk. So far, not surprising. That's where I wanted to be, so dreaming about it isn't odd. The first oddity is that, in the dream, I felt as if I had just dozed off a bit and woke up. After a few wake up/go back to sleep incarnations, I decided to leave the room I was in to see if the rest of the house was there as well. Stepping out of the room, everything instantly shifted to a slow-motion, low-gravity version of reality, which caused me to wall-jump down the stairs. At this point, I became aware that I was dreaming, so, after checking to make sure I wasn't wearing a Girl Scout uniform, I decided to start wandering the shifting streets. At some point in this very flexible reality, I was set upon by thugs of some sort. In an attempt to exploit dream logic, I reached for the gun I wasn't wearing, and came up with a halibut. That's when I woke up for real.

Duck999
2014-03-01, 11:14 AM
I, last night, had an odd dream. It started out as me watching a movie, that soon turned into the movie being part of the real world. There was a giant logic flaw in it, which I would normally point out, but it was a dream so I couldn't. There were people who's faces turned into gas masks...

Mauve Shirt
2014-03-01, 11:25 AM
I suffered from sleep paralysis last night. Christ, that was weird. I don't recommend waking up during REM sleep, folks.

Fiery Diamond
2014-03-01, 11:48 AM
On sleep paralysis: My room is set up like this:

|oooooo-----oo|
|------------oo|
|xxxxxx------oo|
|xxxxxx------oo|
|xxxxxx--------|
|xxxxxx-o--xxx-|

The large xxxs are my bed, the os are furniture, and the small xxx is the doorway. The head of my bed is on the end where the doorway is.

I was having a dream where my head was turned to my left (that is, away from the door) while I was lying on my back, and this murderer who had broken into the house was sneaking down the hall outside my room, slowly opening my door, and (of course), preparing to come in and kill me. I couldn't move my body or turn my head. I was terrified. Then I "woke up," and the exact same dream played out. I was even more scared. Then I "woke up," and it happened again. It happened a few more times as well (I think it was at least a total of six). Then I actually woke up, and I was lying in the same position I had been in my dream, so I couldn't see the door ... and I was suffering from sleep paralysis. I was absolutely terrified.

Yora
2014-03-01, 11:58 AM
I think a few weeks ago, I was dreaming that I wake up at least three times in a row in the same dream. Rather curious event.

By now I've forgotten pretty much everything about it, but when I woke up yesterday, I was pretty sure the dream was a continuation of the dream from the night before that one.
Continuing a dream after waking up for a minute isn't unusual, but continuing a dream the next night was something new.

Traab
2014-03-01, 09:37 PM
I once dreamed I was under attack by a particularly vicious pet bird we had at the time. This guy was nasty, would snap your finger right off. Anyways, I had a dream it got out and was attacking me. I got to my room, woke up... and there was the bird on my pillow about 6 inches from my face. I practically LEVITATED out of bed I moved so fast. Only for the image to fade away as I stood there gasping in terror.

The thing I always hated the most is that odd feeling you get sometimes as you are drifting off, like something is rushing right at your face. It feels to me like a baseball. I Jerk awake and get a nice surge of adrenaline that takes a solid 10 minutes or so to drain till i can try to fall back asleep.

Zombie of tap
2014-03-04, 12:55 PM
So I must've been five or six when I had this dream. I can't remember anything from when I was that age, but I remember this dream. Not only because of how hilariously bizarre it was, but because it's the only dream I've had twice and remember from beginning to end.

It begins with a scene of a family of ducks swimming down a river, followed by a snorkeler. It then changes to me in my house walking up the stairs with my dad. Except we're both wearing swim trunks and floaties. When I get up the stairs, my dad disappears, and I see in the upstairs living room a giant conveyor belt, tilted at a 45 degree angle, with Arthur (from the cartoon on PBS) at the top, running on it and screaming for help. I turned and went into my parent's room, where there was a jazz band playing. The bass player had a piece of rolling luggage, and there were cartoonish ghost eyes staring out of the front pocket. After I passed the jazz band, I went to the big wicker chest that I wasn't strong enough to open when I was that little (which I later found out was just full of old blankets). I slowly opened it, and found that it was full of water. Suddenly, the snorkeler from earlier jumps out of the water waving his arms and going BOOGABOOGABOOGA. And then I woke up.

Grytorm
2014-03-04, 01:04 PM
The annoying thing about dreams is that whenever I say I don't have them often people say that I just don't remember them. I have never had a dream about flying and maybe one dream I thought of as a nightmare right after I woke up. It is possible that I do dream most nights but that most of my dreams are meaningless, not things that seem meaningful but aren't, but things that don't actually correspond to physicality, like dreaming of colors without physical context.

Elemental
2014-03-04, 07:43 PM
I had a rather unusual dream recently.
For some reason, I'd composed an opera, fair enough, that starred the Tsar of Imperial Russia, not so fair enough. Oddly enough, said opera was a rousing success, so I was commissioned to write another, again starring the Tsar of Imperial Russia. I knew the next one wouldn't be very good at all, but fortunately I didn't have to worry about it failing miserably on stage because the Tsar started demanding that everyone in the audience be shorter... I don't remember much from there on.

Kesnit
2014-03-04, 09:02 PM
I rarely remember my dreams, but I did have one last night...

I was at a farm that was being invaded my zombie/aliens. The women were hiding in the bedroom of the farmhouse, while the men attacked the zombies/aliens. At some point, one of the women opened the bedroom door and the dogs ran out. A few of us went after the dogs to put them back in the house, but we realized they zombie/aliens were afraid of the dogs, so we let them stay with us.

Then one of the guys (who had been infected by the zombie/aliens, but we didn't know that) called my dog over. As she was loving on him, he stabbed her with a penknife. I grabbed my dog and started to carry her to my car so I could take her to the vet. (My dog weighs 60 pounds/27kg.) In my dream, though, I knew it was hopeless.

That's when I woke up. I reached over the side of the bed to make sure my dog was still there and still alive...

Domino Quartz
2014-03-05, 01:52 AM
I once had a dream where I was at a friend's house (not his real-life one) and it had about five laundries in it. I was also naked and looking through all of the laundries for some clothes to wear, but the only things I could find were towels and sheets.

Asta Kask
2014-03-05, 04:43 AM
I dreamt that I was involved in a complicated scheme to fool Alex Jones (a conspiracy nut) into believing Sweden was a Hell-hole ruined by... something or other.

Mauve Shirt
2014-03-05, 06:21 AM
I had one of those annoying dreams during which you feel like you're awake the entire time. I was tossing and turning and lying in ways that made my arms fall asleep, but now I know that parts of it were a dream because there was a person telling me this was a test and I was failing it.
I got 45 minutes of restful sleep right before my alarm went off. :smallannoyed:

Fruchtkracher
2014-03-05, 06:39 AM
I have two recurring sets of dreams which are in my opinion both awesome:

The first is a continuing story in a zombie-appocalypse. As in the world is in ruins and zombies everywhere. I always view it from the eyes of a character there that changes from time to time, since they tend to happen to die. For example I once shot by another survivor (which in retrospect I deserved, but in I just tried to save my loved one back there) and once eaten alive while stunned and partially burned by a lightning strike. All of which I remember with perfect clarity. The latter scene was especially desperate and tragic.

The other set consists of random other catastrophes or disasters. Last night for example I had an especially vivid dream that my whole town was eradicated in a tsunami. Needless to say I awoke when the wave crashed down on me in the end.

I wonder what my sub-consiousness is trying to tell me in either case.

Duck999
2014-03-05, 07:09 AM
When I was a young kid, I had this awesome recurring dream. Kids had taken over and they rules the world, any child's fantasy, right? Also, pirates ran the grocery stores. I repeatedly dreamt of a scene where there were many kids running out of a grocery store right past the checkout aisles with pirates, taking free stuff with them.

Admiral Squish
2014-03-05, 08:57 AM
I have the wierdest, most awesome dreams.

A few months back, I dreamed the entire plot of a new Aliens movie, with aliens developing biotech and such. (at one point, the alien pulls a guy's eyeball out and plugs it into the alien resin surface and uses it as a security camera). Then there's an elaborate final battle scene with the alien trying to destroy the hero lady's spaceship while the hero lady tries to scrape her off on an asteroid.

I once had an elaborate dream where I was some sort of snake/lizard man, the prince of some great desert kingdom. Most of the dream was walking around a huge marble palace and occasionally flying (something only royals could do, it was a sign of their relation to coatls), though I did have a chat with my sister the princess and an ambassador.

I've actually found I can make myself remember my dreams if I chant 'I want to remember my dreams' as I fall asleep.

Jon_Dahl
2014-03-06, 12:56 AM
I don't usually remember my dreams, but when I woke up I decided to keep this one in mind:

I was in a sort of labyrinth waiting for doctor's appointment. I wasn't sure what room he was in. He was some sort of specialist, but I forgot what type. I was leaning against the wall, and suddenly a short and massively obese woman appeared. She leaned against me, and I was squeezed. I remember that it was intensely erotic for some reason. We had a nice chat and I felt strong connection with her. I remember that she had eyeglasses. I was worried that I was going to miss the appointment and then I woke up to my alarm clock.

I feel a bit strange at the moment, but it's fine.

Admiral Squish
2014-03-06, 01:42 AM
Oooh, here's a terrifying experience I had once.
It was a sort of out-of-body experience kind of dream. I knew I was asleep on the bed in my room, but I could see the rest of my room from a position right about where my chest was, and standing right in front of my bookcase was a girl. I can't remember much about her, except pale skin, dark hair, and the most haunting image, her face. She did not really have a face, honestly, so much as he had a randomized mix-and-match collection of eyes arranged nonsensically around her face. They were in all different colors, sizes, shapes, even non-human designs, like goat, frog, cat, octopus... And they just looked at me. I was an incredibly vivid image, I could see the way the light shone off each eyeball and such. It felt incredibly real.

Vknight
2014-03-06, 03:08 AM
I've had dreams of doing a basic task such as cooking something and that is it.

I have had many a strange and awesome dreams.

Dreams are strange. I have a few stories about strange dreaming and psychological stuff

mistformsquirrl
2014-03-06, 09:02 AM
I had a dream yesterday where I was playing a videogame about flying combat aircraft against one another* - except the battle was taking place inside my bedroom (all the aircraft were miniaturized I guess), and my F-14 couldn't seem to shoot down a quadraplane** for some reason. (Hax, I swear!)

It was incredibly frustrating as I'd be flying circles around my opponent, but no matter how many times I fired my guns*** and hit the mark, it didn't do anything to this apparently invulnerable quadraplane.

The dream ended when in order to reload my guns I needed to do math problems.

*Oddly, the aircraft involved were everything from WWI up to modern F22s and the like.

**I don't think such an aircraft actually existed, but imagine a Fokker triplane, but with an extra wing on top of the three normal ones. It was incredibly slow and incredibly agile in the dream.

***Another oddity - my F-14 was armed with two .50 caliber machineguns in the wings... no I don't understand why or how that would work.

Duck999
2014-03-06, 02:29 PM
@mistform
Must have been a nightmare. Solving math problems??? I bet that was the scariest night of your life. :smalltongue:

Sajiri
2014-03-06, 09:18 PM
I tend to have two different types of dreams.

The first and majority are filled with horrific and gruesome things, and the last time I described on to my husband he responded with 'wow, you really do dream about some crazy lovecraftian ****' Freaks me out when I have them, but after a day or two I think back and decide they were actually kinda cool.

The less common but far more interesting ones, seem to be linked together. Like I remember events from another dream while Im having it and it's a continuation. I keep dreaming about this same person too (who afaik, isn't real), who's face I've only actually seen once when I have these dreams. I keep thinking if I compile them all I could turn them into a pretty interesting story. For some reason though everytime I have these dreams even though they aren't bad, I wake up crying :smallconfused:

Then occasionally I have other random dreams, and when I wake up I sit there for a bit just thinking '......what :smallannoyed:'

warty goblin
2014-03-06, 09:46 PM
@mistform
Must have been a nightmare. Solving math problems??? I bet that was the scariest night of your life. :smalltongue:

Once, when I was sick, I dreamed I was trapped inside a five-dimensional solid. Very freaky, and I'm annoyed to this day because it's still the best visualization of R5 I've ever managed.

PallElendro
2014-03-07, 08:32 PM
Dreams where my body is mutilated somehow
Need to run badly but legs are virtually weighed down by invisible anchors
Dreams where I'm supersonic at ground level
(irrational) Black hole with my head in a spin anti-clockwise with tetrahedrons colliding with each other
My girlfriend kills me

Captain of a starship
Squad leader on a ground war
Girlfriend and I are defeating evil
The future

FaeShelf
2014-03-07, 08:45 PM
I think the strangest dream I've ever had was that I went back in time and altered the course of history so that clothes were never invented and then came back to my own time.

Everyone was looking at me wondering why I was covered with fabric while they were all walking around naked.

Yeah. Sort of the reverse dream where you're naked.

Wardog
2014-03-08, 02:49 PM
I once had a dream where I was dating (or possibly married to) a woman who was also an oystercatcher. And I don't mean as in "worked in an oyster fishery" (although she did that was well) but could turn into an actual oystercatcher (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oystercatcher).

What? That sort of thing is a perfectly well established (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swan_maiden) concept in folklore (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShapeshiftingLover).

I can't remember much about the dream, but we were travelling around the west of Scotland, and at one point were discussing what to do if we ever had children and they way wanted to marry a crow (because apparenly crows can't turn into humans).

And then she got killed by a hawk :smalleek: :smallfrown:

Ravens_cry
2014-03-11, 06:38 AM
My latest dream involved being chased around a church with one of my sisters by a demonic Rasputin reborn. We made it up onto a balcony where he couldn't get us but I had no means to attack him, until I improvised some holy water with water from a fish tank in a squirt bottle, a spoonful of some kind of relish that belonged to a pope, and some real hard praying.
It was Super Effective.

lolthfollower
2014-03-11, 11:00 PM
i dreamed i was playing video games when the zombie apocalypse came and i was eaten. it was weird because through the rest of the dream i was just starng at my tv and couldnt move.

Solamnicknight
2014-03-31, 11:45 PM
My weirdest dream was that I was a superhero helping the agents of shield team. It involved Loki showing up and using his magic to create the SUVCOPTER! It was an SUV and helicopter combined. There's a reason I put that in caps since the SUVCOPTER! was awesome. Anyway we broke into this shield base where superheroes being held captive and defeated shield and saved the day. Then I woke up.

GuesssWho
2014-04-01, 05:47 AM
I tend to dream that I've figured out how to levitate, and it's painfully obvious. Or I turn into a dragon, but keep burning my lips. It's kind of annoying. Not as bad as the ones where I'm mysteriously stuck in high school again, though. Those are the worst.

Sometimes I have the same dream again years later, and each time it goes a little further than the last. I've usually forgotten what they're about by the time I wake up, though.

D20ragon
2014-04-01, 06:29 AM
I have one reoccurring dream, in which for whatever reason, (it's different each time) I end up in a house.
The house is huge, with giant ceilings, and half finished, but the weirdest thing is that it's the exact same every time.
Sometimes I find a new room, and then I can reliably find it again. Such as an attic full of my old stuff, and a goldfish in a goldfish bowl, only it's dead because instead of water, the bowls filled with sand and gravel.
That freaked me out.
I usually end up hiding in this house from something I can never see.
And the best part? I've been having these dreams since I was 5 or so.

I've also had dreams about a Airport full of zombies waiting for their flights, and eating people in a bored and slightly off hand way.

The one flying dream I've had I was on top of a dragon, and sadly, the dream was realistic.
I was freezing, dripping wet from flying through clouds, and the dragons spines were digging into my stomach.

warty goblin
2014-04-01, 09:08 AM
Last night I had a very vivid dream about lambing time. Man I miss lambing.

Admiral Squish
2014-04-01, 12:33 PM
Ooh, I had a dream during the Dark Week that seems interesting enough for this. I got the new gadget of the season, a brain implant that allows you to levitate by thinking about it. You could fly, but not very fast, and there was a definite height limit. Anyways, I was fooling around with the flight in the middle of a big-box store. Floating over the shelving units and such. At one point I helped teach a little girl how to use her new implant properly. At one point, I was flying superman-style over a shelf when my mom (who was played in this dream by the mother from Modern Family) shouted the passcode that shuts off the device and I fell onto the shelf, then off it onto the floor. She then proceeded to stand over me and chew me out for fooling around in the store.

banthesun
2014-04-01, 10:17 PM
I had an interesting dream last night. Throughout the dream it was clear that I was in some sort of weird play where I got to be the main character, though that only made me more aware of how realistic the dream was.

At the start of the dream, me and my brother were tasked with escorting a young girl back to her family and picking up some dinner on the way. The kid was cute and all at first, but quickly grew into a real terror as we had trouble finding dinner. My brother was distracted by something, and ended up leaving us at a hotel while he went off to do whatever it was he needed to. I was saved from the little girl drawing on my face by her family turning up, two twenty-something brothers and a mother who became terrifyingly stern whenever I sweared. They were impressed by how I was continuing to try and clean up, and offered to teach me a secret, with the condition that once I learned it I could never go back.

They took me on a car ride, and on the way the brothers started playing tricks. They doused themselves in lighter fluid and set themselves on fire, to show they couldn't be burned. They scorched me with it though, to show it was real. They mentioned something about drinking blood, and how I'd given them an idea that could let me join. We reached a beach, and they boarded a set of strung together rowing boats. I clung to the back as they rowed fast enough to kick up a wake, demonstrating their strength. A giant scorpion-whale creature emerged, riden by their mother. One of the brothers casually threw a spear at it, mentioning the power to see weaknesses, and the whale started to deflate. One last flick of its scorpion tail threw me high into the air, and I landed on the beach hard. My head was spinning as the brothers questioned me about whether I was lucid, warning that being addled during the initiation could lead to my death. I took some time to recover, and noticed how clearly I could see my arms, wet and sandy, with specks of blood where the fall had broken the skin. When I'd recovered, we sat it a circle around a pool, and they taught me words of power that changed lilypads into delicate flowers that took flight. Then they scraped clay from my body, telling me it was a sign of power, and would help restore corrupted land.

The next thing I knew, I was being questioned by a mysterious entity about whether the girl I'd been escorting had any cards that might suggest she was involved in illegal activity. Before I could figure out what it was asking about, I remembered something the family had told me. I asked the voice if it was the entity that controlled wizards' dreams, and got a response of 'what, how'd you guess? I mean OF COURSE NOT, FOOLISH MORTAL'. At that point it wasn't really fooling me, so it revealed it was a lesser being serving that entity. It was mad at me for figuring it out before it got the information it was looking for, so it torturedme with imaginary daggers, and threw me into an abstract nightmarescape.

I woke up in a maths class, and immediately ran out. I met up with the entire coven, including some characters from other fiction, and told them what happened. I told them that the card it was looking for was probably the card wizards used to track their powers. I was still a bit freaked out, so they told me to go get a drink of water. This time I actually woke up, and went and followed their advice. While I was in the bathroom I suddenly realised that I had no guarantee that the last part of the dream wasn't actually another dream within a dream, and that I'd actually leaked their secret to the dream entity.

It left me feeling a bit like a butterfly dreaming of being human, but it was the most fun dream I've had in a while. I hope it was at least somewhat interesting to read too.