PDA

View Full Version : help, new class build

kbpb90
2014-02-05, 03:43 PM
I'm building a new character for campaign, my group needs a cleric so I'm looking for help to build an effective healer but can buff people as well, does anyone have any ideas, I have access to ph, ph2, mm, mm2, dmg, and 1 book of my choice, I would like a build up to level 10 and feats, oh I forgot to mention I have to take full levels in human paragon

erikun
2014-02-05, 06:11 PM
What system are we talking about? Human paragon makes me think D&D3e.

Note that you can report your thread and get it moved to the D&D3e subforum by a moderator, which is where you would probably get the best advice.

I'd say that Human Paragon 3/Cleric 7 would probably be your best bet. Cleric is very versatile, and can handle a lot of things alongside access to healing spells and emergency healing. A Wand of Cure Light Wounds will likely cover the damage most parties face, possibly alongside a Wand of Lesser Restoration depending on what spells you want to prepare. Domain choices can be a big decision as well, as the Travel domain, Magic domain, or the Knowledge Devotion feat can make some really big factors in how you can play the character.

If you insist on focusing on healing spells, there is the Radiant Servant prestige class that gives healing a boost.

nedz
2014-02-05, 08:23 PM
There are lots of cleric PrCs but since almost all clerics can buff and heal it might be an idea to give us a little more to go on — as to what else you want to be able to do. Clerics are very powerful and versatile, a good one can do far more than just buff and heal.

There are also some (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1238) handbooks (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1344) which might help.

kbpb90
2014-02-05, 08:56 PM
Sorry, unearthed arcana, were playing a 3.5 campaign, I'm not exactly sure as what I should go for, the only thing I know is I want to be able to buff as much as possible, but still heal people if necessary, I already have an idea of what I might do but I want opinions, I know I don't want ordained champion, good prc but I lose spontaneous convert to cure

Fax Celestis
2014-02-05, 08:59 PM
Ask your DM about a divine variant of the War Weaver.

kbpb90
2014-02-05, 09:05 PM
Ask your DM about a divine variant of the War Weaver.

What book is it from?

Fax Celestis
2014-02-05, 09:20 PM
What book is it from?

Heroes of Battle. Combat Medic (same book) is pretty okay too, but the daily limit on its blessing ability is completely ridiculous and should be ignored.

Stux
2014-02-05, 09:35 PM
If you want a straight up, no funny stuff, solid healing cleric then look in to the Radiant Servant of Pelor prestige class. Actually one of the best Cleric prestige classes out there anyway. Build aiming for that. Free feats can go on metamagic and then Divine Metamagic if you want a bit more oomph. You could plan to go down the Persistent Spell route, though some people consider that a bit on the cheesy side. Alternatively things like Quicken Spell and Reach Spell are pretty useful when you are fuelling them with your turning attempts.

If you want something a bit fancier, and think you can handle the book keeping, then maybe look in to Ruby Knight Vindicator from Tome of Battle. You drop a couple of caster levels (1 level of Crusader minimum, plus the lost levels in the prestige class), but gain martial maneuvers which are pretty funky and eventually gain the ability to get extra swift actions with the Divine Impetus ability. Combined with Quicken Spell and Divine Metamagic (Quicken Spell) this can get quite silly!