PDA

View Full Version : Spell Compendium Domains

hymer
2014-02-05, 03:46 PM
Does anyone know of any place, where the PHB deities are linked up with the domains from SpC? Some of it seems it really ought to apply (Orc for Gruumsh and Elf for Corellon, e.g.), but is it RAW anywhere?

Dusk Eclipse
2014-02-05, 03:58 PM
Complete Divine covers this IIRC, mind you it doesn't get all since some domains were introduced after CDiv publication. Now that I think so Complete Champion might also have something about that.

Chronos
2014-02-05, 04:05 PM
Most of those domains come from other sources originally, such as Complete Divine (starting on page 137). Check there for which deities offer it.

hymer
2014-02-05, 04:10 PM
I didn't find any domains in CC, but CD indeed has quite a few, inlcuding deities to grant them. I wonder why they didn't include gods for the domains in SpC? Oh, well. Gotta hunt around a bit, it seems.
Thanks for the help!

eggynack
2014-02-05, 04:12 PM
For all things this related, I usually check the cleric domain list (http://home.comcast.net/~ftm3/JHtB/domains.html). It's neat.

hymer
2014-02-05, 04:14 PM
Nifty resource, thanks.

Chronos
2014-02-05, 07:10 PM
They were trying to make Spell Compendium independent of the fluff or backstory of any particular campaign setting. It also got the same treatment as the SRD of stripping off the names of spells' discoverers-- For instance, "Bigby's Slapping Hand" became just "Slapping Hand".

nedz
2014-02-05, 08:19 PM
CD added a few domains and allocated them to the core+ deities, but further books added more. It's all quite a mess.

PH + SpC doesn't contain all the domains which exist, nor does the standard page eggyneck linked to — though it is a very good resource.

hymer
2014-02-06, 06:33 AM
@ Chronos: I see. Well, they did all the easy stripping away, and left the buyer with the annoying 'look it up elsewhere' stuff.

@ nedz: Thanks for the heads up.

nedz
2014-02-06, 07:07 AM
As far as I can tell the ones which are missing from that list are some of the Faerūn ones. It is also missing the planar double domains, which are in the SpC. The Shaman domains are also absent, but that may be moot.

This is the list of the ones which are absent.

Arborea
Army
Baator
Celestia
Charity
Chastity
Chromatic Dragon
Elysium
Emotion
Gem Dragon
Generosity
Hades