PDA

View Full Version : Only a Loincloth feat

Skysaber
2014-02-05, 05:39 PM
It was silly. It was in some 3rd party supplement that was not taking itself too seriously, and having fun with the Conan theme. I read it once and laughed, then moved on. I told my friends about it and they laughed, but now someone wants to use it and I honestly can't remember where I saw it.

The feat was titled "Only a Loincloth" and provided 4 points of armor bonus if you wore, well, only a loincloth. Then there was an improved version of the feat that provided another 4, for 8 total.

Has anybody seen this? Do you know where to find it?

RustyArmor
2014-02-05, 06:18 PM
If the player and DM are both fine with it can probably just run with it without needing to really know its source. But certainly sounds like a mongoose thing.

Forrestfire
2014-02-05, 06:35 PM
I don't know of a feat like that, but Gloryborn armor from the dungeon master's guide 2 lets you do something similar. The template can be applied to any type, and it looks like what you want it to and magically is just that good at defending.

Ruethgar
2014-02-05, 07:45 PM
I couldn't find it in Mongoose's Ultimate Feats or AEG's Feats. Unless it had a different name or was published later it is probably not in Mongoose books, they covered pretty much all of their feats in Ultimate Feats. Seems there was a Mongoose Conana book with +3 dodge bonus for only wearing a loincloth, but I can't find details.

nedz
2014-02-05, 08:26 PM
When I saw the thread title I thought that this was going to be about VoP.

Thurbane
2014-02-05, 08:44 PM
I tried to homebrew a Skyclad feat that had much the same effect. It's hard, because thematically you shouldn't be wearing magical robes, shirts, boots etc.

FrznTear
2014-02-05, 08:45 PM
Chainmail Bikini should have feats similar to this.

watchwood
2014-02-05, 08:45 PM
Glamored enchantment on regular armour. Done.

Fax Celestis
2014-02-05, 08:48 PM
Maybe 16-1/2 Codpieces by Dreamscarred Press?

Invader
2014-02-05, 09:56 PM
Yeah if that's obscure from a third party it's basically just homebrew anyway.

It got me thinking though, would it be worth it to dump with feats to get 8 AC if you don't get to wear any other armor, what if it just gave you a +8 untyped bonus to AC you could use in conjunction with other armor?

Ruethgar
2014-02-05, 10:18 PM
There is the Unarmored Defense line from 7th Sea's Swashbuckling Adventurers. They scale with level which is nice. Beginner= lvl/3+3, Intermediate=irritating b/c it doesn't have a formula, Master= lvl/2+7

Spore
2014-02-06, 03:08 AM
Glamored enchantment on regular armour. Done.

This somewhat defeats the purpose of being that stupid courageous to risk your bare chest to enemy attacks, doesn't it

Fouredged Sword
2014-02-06, 08:32 AM
Next time I have a character who uses a monk's belt, I am fluffing it as a loincloth. Right slot and everything, and it isn't like you can wear magical pants anyway.

Ruethgar
2014-02-06, 09:25 AM
Actually you can were magic pants according to the BoEF, they take up the body slot as I recall.

Spore
2014-02-06, 09:28 AM
Next time I have a character who uses a monk's belt, I am fluffing it as a loincloth. Right slot and everything, and it isn't like you can wear magical pants anyway.

I actually just did. But you could call it ... a lion cloth :elan:

http://i.imgur.com/gnFgwPX.jpg

Invader
2014-02-06, 12:25 PM
This somewhat defeats the purpose of being that pid[/S] courageous to risk your bare chest to enemy attacks, doesn't it

Not really, it'd be one thing if you weren't getting the AC bonus but if you're getting it either way it makes no difference and you get the look you're going for.

Thurbane
2014-02-07, 04:06 AM
What sort of bonus would be appropriate for a feat like this to add to AC. Luck? Dodge? Insight?

Spore
2014-02-07, 04:08 AM
What sort of bonus would be appropriate for a feat like this to add to AC. Luck? Dodge? Insight?

Balancingwise Armor. Logical I'd say Dodge or Morale. :)