PDA

View Full Version : Broken Race Building? [PF]

1pwny
2014-02-05, 08:42 PM
So, I was wondering if anyone else out there used the (admittedly somewhat broken) race-building system in Pathfinder. If any of you are anything like me, you want maximum effectiveness out of minimal cost.

So, I have a challenge for you. Using NO monstrous or advanced traits, can you make a broken PC race that uses under 10 RP? It's okay if it's a single-purpose face, like being designed to only be an alchemist.

Kudaku
2014-02-05, 08:51 PM
I've experimented with it to make races for a custom campaign setting. As long as you restrict it to the GM and don't try to break it it's a neat little tool set.

I would never, ever, ever give my players carte blanche to make their own race without looking it over first though.

stack
2014-02-05, 09:15 PM
Anything with plant type. Take a minor penalty to get down from ten and put stats where your want them for your class. Plant's get a pile of immunities that are almost as good as the undead's, but much cheaper.

Drachasor
2014-02-05, 10:07 PM
The PF race building rules are so hideously awful you are better off just making new races the old fashioned way. There are just way too many over- and under-priced abilities.

Jack_Simth
2014-02-05, 10:23 PM
Well, you can focus on an ability score to the exclusion of all else
Type: Humanoid (0)
Abilities: Paragon: +1 (+4 to one ability, -2 to three others)
Standard Language (0)
... and then get Advanced(X) twice (4+5=9)

That's 10 points. And you have +8 to one ability score. Makes for some mostly irresistible spells.