PDA

View Full Version : The OmniShop III

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Castaras
2007-01-27, 04:37 AM
The OmniShop

We Sell What You Want for the Price You Want

Description: The OmniShop is a store in which shoppers might procure anything that their hearts desire. If it exists, you can find it in this store. If it exists and it isn’t in the store, it can be found. If it does not exist and can be made, it will be. And the best part is that there are no set prices! One must only pay what they think the purchase is worth, no more and no less.
Exterior: The outside of the OmniShop is that of a massive castle, including parapets and towers, built out of light gray stones. The front door is a large wooden double, capable of being blocked by iron bars that drop down from the stone above it. On either side of the OmniShop proper are attached two smaller (though still very large) buildings built in the same castle-like manner. They have no exterior doors.
Interior: Upon walking through the doors a shopper would come to see a massive room filled with huge floor-to-ceiling shelves stocked with common to moderately uncommon items, all of which are available for purchase. After that they would be astounded by the room itself; the floor made of glistening white-marble tile, the walls of oak so heavily lacquered and polished that they seem to glow with a soft, warm light. The employees, dressed in their smartly-tailored uniforms, rush from place to place cleaning, polishing, and helping customers. Were one to turn right and travel halfway to the front of the store they would see a door leading to a fine-dining restaurant where one would be able to purchase and eat any type of food their bellies can imagine. If one were to follow that same procedure, only going to the left, they would find a door that leads to the OmniShop Inn. Yes, that’s right! The OmniShop now truly does offer anything you want, including food and a good night’s sleep! At the far end of the Omnishop are three counters, two of polished silver with a slightly larger golden one between them. At the left counter sits Gentlebot, Gent’s personal assistant. At the right sits Gongjin, Ekrath’s butler. At the center counter sits The Distinguished Gentleman himself. Behind the center counter are two doors, both inaccessible to the public. The door to the right leads to a staircase that provides access to the upper levels, where the truly rare items are. It is also in the upper levels where The Distinguished Gentleman makes his home. Gent, Gentlebot and Gongjin have keys to this door. The door to the left leads to the basement. Only Gent has access to this door.

Personnel:
The Distinguished Gentleman (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1388305&postcount=164): The suave, sophisticated owner, operator and proprietor of the OmniShop. He functions as Master Salesman and, as the employer of the OmniShop’s countless employees, reserves the right to tell them what to do.
Gentlebot (warforged): Quiet, reserved and polite, he is Gent’s right-hand man, a salesman, and possesses the authority to direct the other employees. He is in charge of the store when Gent is away. Due to his programming he refers to all fleshy individuals as ‘meatbag’. This is not an insult, however, and should not be taken as one.
Gongjin: (warforged): Ekrath’s inorganic butler, Gonjin is a salesman and clerk, taking careful inventories of every item within the walls of the store. He is more outgoing than Gentlebot and does not call people ‘meatbag’.
Knutz and Bholtz (steel-plated iron golems): These two silent automatons function as The Distinguished Gentleman’s personal bodyguards. They look and function like the Guard Leaders, though they do not share the leader’s connection to the Guard Troopers.
The OmniShop Guard: 100 guards patrol the OmniShop, inside and out, protecting the store, its wares, and its personnel. They are organized into ten groups of ten; the 90 Guard Troopers (http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m278/Sophistemon/The%20Town/robo1.gif) being led, in groups of nine, by one Guard Leader (http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m278/Sophistemon/The%20Town/heavyrobo1.gif) per group. The Troopers are seven feet tall and are armed with massive metal fists and a Gatling gun on their right shoulders. The Guard Leaders stand eight feet tall, have fists wreathed in crackling energy, have more powerful Gatling guns on either shoulder, and possess the ability to speak, though they only do so to issue orders to their squads.
Employees: Dressed in identical gray uniforms, the employees number in the hundreds. It is their duty to keep the OmniShop clean and the customers happy.

Castaras
2007-01-27, 04:39 AM
Castaras slowly walks in, and starts searching through the shelves.

((Repost))

----------

She turns to Gentlebot.

How much can I buy at a time here?

Statement: Alot.

Will you help me pack it?

Statement: Yes.

Then I will buy all these.

Castaras puts on the table about 50 heavy books. After a long while the books are packed into bags of holding.

Thank you, this payment should suffice.

She leaves a large pouch of money adding up to about 400pp, before teleporting away.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 11:44 AM
((You should let Soph make the thread next time. He likes to have the ability to change the first post.))

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 12:54 PM
((Only for when the shop gets renovated, and I could always just post the changes. No biggy. Besides, this means that the store is popular enough for someone else to renew it for me. And that makes me happy.))

Gent takes his place behind the counter.

The Black Prince
2007-01-27, 01:17 PM
A tall young man, name Matt, walks in. Seeing Gentlebot,
Schnapp! I guess thats whats next. Anyway.
He walks up to Gent.
I heard that you have a large stock of items. Do you have something that increases Strength and Agility? ((+4 Giant Strength/Dex))

McBish
2007-01-27, 01:19 PM
Lillah appears in the store.

((Not to mention Gent had a chance to renew it. I almost did it a couple of times last night, but he was on. *shrug*))

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 01:24 PM
Gent nods to Matthew. "Of course. In what form would you like the item? Clothing, armor, maybe an amulet?"

((Hey now, it was late and I was tired. Give me a break.))

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 01:24 PM
Gongjin walks up to Lillah
Query: May I help you?

McBish
2007-01-27, 01:26 PM
Hi there. I was wondering where the wedding dresses are. And maybe someone to tell me how they look on me?

The Black Prince
2007-01-27, 01:26 PM
Here it gets tricky. Could you channel it into my saber? He pulls it out onto the table.
((You probably notice a dual consciousness in him.))

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 01:29 PM
Statement: I can show you where they are but being...not human I can't judge. Master Ekrath could help but his heart has apperently been broken. Master Gent might be able to help though.
Gongjin shows Lillah where the dresses are.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 01:29 PM
Gent looks at the weapon. "I could, yes. If you'll allow me a moment in my workshop, I can have it done in a minute or two."

The Black Prince
2007-01-27, 01:30 PM
Wa. Wait! How much?

McBish
2007-01-27, 01:31 PM
Thank you. And I'm sorry to hear that. A NPC employee comes over to help Lillah look through the dresses.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 01:32 PM
Query: I am loathe to pry but do you mind me asking what you need a dress for?

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 01:32 PM
Gent raises an eyebrow. "This is the OmniShop, sir, wherein you pay only what you think is fair."

McBish
2007-01-27, 01:33 PM
My wedding. I'm getting married.

The Black Prince
2007-01-27, 01:35 PM
Okay then. Before you go could you? Possibly? Could you make it easier for me to switch conciounesses? Through the Saber?

((Like. Instantly?))

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 01:36 PM
Gongjin runs a data check.
Statement: A wedding. Master Ekrath never programmed me with knowledge about social affairs. What exactly is a "wedding"?

McBish
2007-01-27, 01:38 PM
Well it is a celebration of love between two people. It also binds them together as man and wife.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 01:39 PM
Gent nods. "I can do that, yes."

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 01:39 PM
Statement: It sounds a bit like a "date". Only longer. According to Gent, Master Ekrath got his heart broken on his date. These "dates" and "weddings" sound very dangerous to me if they can nullify a very important organ.

McBish
2007-01-27, 01:41 PM
Well, they don't litteraly break someone heart. But they can be dangerous. But it is worth it.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 01:43 PM
Statement: That is a relief. It seems Master Ekrath is in less danger that I thought. I don't want to keep you from your shopping. Carry on.

McBish
2007-01-27, 01:45 PM
Thank you. And I hope your master isn't to heartbroken.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 01:47 PM
Statement: As do I.

McBish
2007-01-27, 02:22 PM
Lillah continues shoping trying on several different types of wedding dresses. Lillah finds a dress and goes to the counter and pays for it. She makes sure to remind Gent about her wedding tommorow. She then disappears.

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 05:50 PM
Catherine appears in the OmniShop and looks around.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 05:51 PM
Gongjin sees Catherine and turns himself off.

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 05:52 PM
Catherine pokes around the store, doubting that Ekrath was here, but wondering.

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 05:58 PM
In all likelihood to her surprise Catharine might notice Regiji at the restaurant clad in humanoid form and his trademark attire.

"Hi Beckett!" comes his greeting accompanied with a friendly wave.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 05:58 PM
Gentlebot comes around the corner
Query: May I help you?

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 06:00 PM
Catherine is indeed surprised, and shakes her head at the Gentlebot as she goes over to Regiji.
Back a little soon?

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 06:02 PM
Statement: Alright. If you need anything just let me know meatbag. The other meatbags, Gent and Ekrath aren't here and Gongjin has shut himself off.

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 06:04 PM
"See, that's the nice thing about shifting technology," Regiji says with a grin. "Instantaneous travel really beats the pants off of pretty much anything else. As for this," Regiji motions to himself. "It was decided that I needed something a little more... well... combat oriented considering how crazy things are here. The techs ended up making some cosmetic changes to an existing Templar infantry frame."

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 06:05 PM
Gent looks up and sees Catherine talking to Regiji. He reminds himself to speak to her before she leaves.
((Is Gongjin dysfunctional? Gent's been here.))

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 06:08 PM
Oh. Well I'm glad that you'll be better suited to survive here. Catherine sits down next to him. I'm glad that I will have more magic to protect me, myself. She smiles at the Gent. I'm fine.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 06:10 PM
((No. I was controlling Gentlebot because Gongjin didn't want to talk to Catherine. Gent waas asleep, eating, whatever. You were offline))

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 06:13 PM
Regiji waves in a friendly fashion to Gent, then takes a sip from the bowl of soup he had ordered. Apparently it was there the whole time.

"Well, it will be a little bit harder to get myself back-stabbed with this frame, so I should be ok," he says with a grin. "So you said you got better at magic after seeing a 'weird thing'. How much better is better?"

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 06:16 PM
Well... Catherine flexes her new glove as she thinks of how best to show him. After a moment she smiles and her body entirely turns to stone, though she still moves. This feels really odd.

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 06:21 PM
Regiji quirks an eyebrow at the display.

"I would say something about being petrified, but I don't think we have any need for bad puns at the moment," he comments with a smirk. "I'm guessing the new glove you got helps with that a bit? It certainly looks gratuitously magical."

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 06:22 PM
Catherine dismisses the spell. It does help me out somewhat, but I can cast that spell without it.

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 06:29 PM
"Sounds like you've had an exciting time discovering new magic and stuff," Regiji says with a sigh. "I got to talk with some monarchs about fair payment for my people developing some unused deposits of adamantine ore in their kingdoms. Blegh. It's part of my Duty, but all the showy pageantry really grates on me."

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 06:31 PM
Catherine gives him a sympathetic smile. I'm sure it does, and I can understand why.

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 06:37 PM
Regiji shrugs.

"I'm good at it, or so I'm told. But that doesn't make it any more enjoyable," Regiji gives a half smile. "You can understand why it would be boring? Have you had to suffer through diplomatic droning in your career as well?"

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 06:40 PM
More than I should have. However, my military is very prone to that sort of thing... its better than fighting, admittedly, but still. Catherine rolls her eyes.

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 06:48 PM
"Better than the suffering caused by war but still insufferably dull," Regiji comments with a grin. "That sums it up pretty well. In general my family prefers peaceful solutions to our problems. Less people die and we waste fewer resources. But that also means that someone has to work things out with some random stuck up ruler who lords it over their personal patch of dirt."

Regiji laughs.

"That's the high price of peace. Lots of complements and 'm'lords' and promises of riches. I'm honestly surprised how quickly the people around here accept a few tons of near useless shiny yellow metal."

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 06:50 PM
Catherine shrugs and smiles. Our currency has no use at all besides being currency.

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 06:57 PM
"But at least it's easier to haul around than thousands of gold coins, right?" Regiji responds sagely. "My family doesn't really use monetary trade. It isn't really necessary since everyone is motivated by fulfilling their Duty as best they can rather than their own material inbetterment."

He ponders this for a moment.

"Not that systems that promote following one's own goals first and foremost are inherently bad or anything. It just isn't how we do things."

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 07:00 PM
Catherine nods. It is good to have what you need though.

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 07:05 PM
"I suppose it is, especially in places like this," Regiji thinks for a moment between sips of soup. "Are there any other sapient races besides yours in your Realm that you know of?"

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 07:09 PM
Catherine shakes her head. Not really. There is a guess that there is at least life in one of the further out systems, but we have not made an effort to go there.

McBish
2007-01-27, 07:21 PM
A young man comes inside and his eyes widen a bit at seeing the inside of the store. He goes and he finds the dagger selection and starts to look it over.

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 07:23 PM
"Maybe so. Maybe not..." Regiji comments. "We've actually found a couple of Realms where there's literally only one sapient race in the entire universe. That set up tends to be somewhat rare though. I just ask because my family has been keeping tabs on what the races we meet are like."

He shakes his head.

"It's really quite surprising. Of all the infinite variation that could exist the humanoid body plan is present in over ninety nine percent of Realms. And of that about eight five percent fits the appearance of you or me or Gent. perfectly. Sometimes with minor variation, like pointy ears or something."

Regiji grins.

"This form, along with a few other constantly reoccurring patterns, are considered by my family to be something of the Creator's signature. Sort of a rubber stamp saying 'I designed this'."

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 07:24 PM
The Creator? Is this the same god you spoke of before?

McBish
2007-01-27, 07:27 PM
The young man gets a dagger and a couple of very small razor blades. He goes and pays for them at the counter.

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 07:33 PM
"Oh no, definitely not," Regiji responds rather emphatically. "There were many gods created along with the Realms that they preside over. Some even had a part in shaping them. The Shepherds would be one of those custodians, those archons made to watch over our Realm. We don't worship the Creator, we wouldn't even know how. We've met a few races who believe that the Creator watches over them personally, but we've never been able to verify it one way or the other."

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 07:34 PM
Catherine nods slowly, thinking about it.

The Black Prince
2007-01-27, 07:35 PM
Matt wakes up and asks for his modified Saber back.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 07:37 PM
Gent hands it to him. It almost glows with barely contained energies.

McBish
2007-01-27, 07:38 PM
The young man leaves after looking around one last time.

The Black Prince
2007-01-27, 07:38 PM
He looks at it.
This isn't about to explode right? 'Cause I kinda need it on hand.

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 07:39 PM
Regiji adjust his position a bit to catch Catherine's gaze.

"Does my random rambling remind you of something?" he asks with a smile.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 07:41 PM
Gent shakes his head. "Oh, no. It's perfectly safe. And even if it were destroyed, which is unlikely, the energies would dissipate harmlessly."

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 07:42 PM
Catherine looks back to him, smiling. No, its just making me wonder what provokes you to worship one god over another, how you have come to really know or choose one.

The Black Prince
2007-01-27, 07:44 PM
Cool.
By the way. Do you have Revolvers? You know six-shooting pistols used by army officers.

((Gotta Go))

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 07:47 PM
Regiji laughs.

"Like I said before, we don't worship the Shepherds. We give them the respect due to one's mentor and guardian," he thinks a bit further on this. "And... well... we didn't pick the Shepherds. It would be more correct to say that the Shepherds picked us. Or were made for us. Or maybe us for them. It's kind of hard to explain. We follow the Shepherds because the Shepherds were the deity that reached out to us. I think it's really as simple as that."

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 07:49 PM
Catherine turns that over in her mind. It seems like your gods are more... real than the ones I know of.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 07:49 PM
Gent nods. "Of course. Right over there." He points to the proper aisle.

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 07:55 PM
Regiji ponders this.

"Well... It's possible that there aren't actually any gods native to your Realm," he says somewhat hesitantly. "And that the people there who are worshiping something are worshiping their own creation. It isn't unheard of, but it isn't really common either."

Regiji blinks a couple of times, then sighs.

"Bah. Duty calls. I'll see you around, Beckett. Nice talking to you again."

Regiji, after giving time for parting pleasantries, ceases to be in the OmniShop.

((I've got to go. I should be back later on today.))

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 07:59 PM
Catherine waves goodbye and goes over to the Gent.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 08:01 PM
Gent smiles. "Good evening, Catherine. How are you?"

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 08:04 PM
I'm well enough. I was wondering if Ekrath was here, but I guess not.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 08:08 PM
Gent shakes his head. "No, he's not here at the moment. He might be at home, though. Have you checked his house?"

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 08:12 PM
No, but he teleported me there. I don't know where it is.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 08:41 PM
"Oh. Well, I can help with that." Gent grabs a map of the Town and, with black ink circles the OmniShop. He then grabs a red pen and circles Wardric Manor. He hands her the map. "There."

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 08:47 PM
Catherine looks it over and then nods to him, smiling. Thank you.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 08:49 PM
"Don't worry about it."

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 08:51 PM
Catherine folds up the map and puts it in a pocket.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 09:01 PM
Gent coughs. "So, is there anything else you need?"

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 09:04 PM
Not really... I guess I should go talk to Ekrath, but... I really don't want to. Catherine looks at the ground. Its going to be awkward.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 09:19 PM
Gent blinks. "Why?"

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 09:22 PM
Well, apparently he has taken a liking to me, and really the only reason I went with him was because I wanted to get away from the fight and my self-pity. Catherine puts her hands in her pockets. I don't think he really understands that, and I hate to go all the way there just to tell him that.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 09:34 PM
Gent nods, understanding the potential pitfalls of love. "It would be cruel to leave him thinking that his... 'liking' may be returned, don't you think? If you don't feel for him, let him down as gently as possible."

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 09:35 PM
I know, but just randomly showing up might trigger the wrong thoughts. Catherine sighs and leans against the counter.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 09:37 PM
Gent nods. "Then perhaps a letter is a better idea. Tactfully written, of course."

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 09:39 PM
Catherine's eyes light up. Thats a good idea, actually. But... She frowns. I don't have any ink. Thats easily solved though.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 09:43 PM
Gent nods. "Of course. Here, I keep a pen right-"

Jacky Knives bursts through the door, green hair unkempt, yellow eyes wild. He glares at the Gent. "Hey! Old Man! Where d'you keep yer knives?"

Gent remains civil. "The knives are in aisle 32, sir. Right over there."

Jacky wanders off towards the aisle, and Gent turns back to Catherine. "I keep a pen right here at my counter."

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 09:56 PM
Catherine looks back at Jacky a little uneasily, then nods to the Gent. Ok.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 09:57 PM
"I mean to say, I have a pen that you can use, Catherine."

Jacky whoops as he enters the aisle and sees the selection.

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 10:00 PM
Right... but I can't use it if its behind the counter, can I? Catherine looks amused.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 10:02 PM
Gent smiles. "What do you mean?"

There is a heavily ornamented pen sitting smack-dab in the middle of the counter-top.

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 10:08 PM
Catherine shakes her head. Well, if I do it here, I'll need paper too...

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 10:15 PM
Gent manually reaches under the counter and brings forth several sheets of paper. "There you go. I suppose that you'd like some privacy as you write."

Jacky walks up to the counter, carrying far more knives than seems realistic.

"How much for these, gramps?" He sees Catherine. "Hey there, babe. What's a hotty like you doin' in a dump like this?"

Gent becomes indignant. "I beg your pardon?"

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 10:17 PM
A black puddle scintillating with points of color bubbles up through the floorboards in the china section. It begins to nose about the halls. Despite the stern warnings given by the dark wizard the night before it doesn't appear to be threatening anything.

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 10:17 PM
Catherine scowls. Watch your tongue. The green light on her MAGE system blinks once.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 10:21 PM
Jacky smiles. "I'd rather watch your tongue, babe."

Gent narrows his eyes. "Sir, please show some respect."

Jacky smirks. "What are you, her father? **** off."

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 10:23 PM
Catherine simmers, and the light on her MAGE system begins to blink at a slow but steady rate.

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 10:25 PM
A pair of jointed legs stretch out of the mass of slime, securing themselves on a display case. A jagged creature identical to the one from the night before hauls itself out of the puddle causing the tar to be sopped up as it does. It begins to approach the front counter in a rather non-confrontational manner, its flashing 'eye' shimmering with a chaotic rainbow of color.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-27, 10:26 PM
The pebble Tinderhall gave Catherine slowly gives out a small amount of red light and heats up a bit, not quite enough to notice unless given a thorough inspection.

((It's because I'm working on the plane itself, nothing to be worried about, just a little detail ;) ))

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 10:32 PM
Jacky tosses a coin on the counter. "That's for the knives." He leans on the counter and gives Catherine a lewd grin. "How's about you and I go back to my place for a bit of T and A?"

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 10:35 PM
Catherine raises her hand, palm facing towards him. As normal, the particles in the air simply rearrange themselves to suddenly repel their target- namely Jacky. Get away from me.

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 10:38 PM
The creature eyes Jacky in a rather unnerving manner, as if it were looking through him and into every dark corner of his life. It speaks, this time in common, though with the same scratching tone.

"You should not be alive."

There's a strange air of finality and certainty in what it says. It isn't a threat, it isn't contempt. Just a statement of what is.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 10:42 PM
Jacky is thrown back and lands several feet away with a clattering clang of metal. Gent looks at Catherine and raises an eyebrow. "I generally dislike violence, but he pretty much deserved that."

"Grah! Stupid *****!"

((Seeing as he was flying through the air at the time, Jacky did not hear the bug's statement, true as it may be.))

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 10:46 PM
Catherine nods to the Gent and glares at Jacky. Now why don't you keep your distance, or I'll keep it for you?

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 10:50 PM
((True enough. You never know when cryptic statements will be lost due to someone getting tossed across the room. Just the way things go sometimes.))

The creature continues to watch the murderer impassionately.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 10:52 PM
Jacky struggles back to his feet and grabs two knives. "What the hell was that, *****!? Christ, I try and show a little ****ing affection and I get blasted!?"

Gent looks at Jacky. "Sir, please. Just take your knives and go."

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 10:53 PM
Gongjin wakes up and walks over to Catherine
Statement: I don't know what you did to Master Ekrath but he's very down. If you don't know where he is I can tell you.

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 10:56 PM
Catherine glares at Jacky. Try and show me sexual assault maybe. She glances at Gongjin. Hang on a moment.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 10:58 PM
Jacky rubs his tailbone and smirks. "Good point. But it's not a cow like you should expect any better."

Gent's eyes widen. "Sir. Please leave."

"**** off, old man."

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-27, 10:58 PM
A shadow elemental flies through the wall and begins to move up and down the isles clearly searching for something.

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 11:01 PM
The creature, seemingly satisfied with whatever it saw in the man, turns to Gent and addresses him in its staticy voice.

"We apologize for the combat in your establishment. We have little control over who will attack us."

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 11:01 PM
Gongjin's shoulder blades open up into guns.
Arrogant Statement: I suggest you do as Master Gent says, lest I blast you to bits.

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 11:02 PM
Catherine scowls at Jacky, and sends another blast of forceful energy at his head.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 11:02 PM
Gent turns away from Jacky and faces the creature. "Quite all right. I'm sorry that you got attacked within my shop."

((I did not know that Gongjin could do that. That will come in handy later.))

Jacky ducks down below the blast of force and, upon straightening up, rushes towards Catherine.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-27, 11:03 PM
The elemental notices the goo creature and freezes. It appears to show something resembling surprise and it quickly shoots through the wall in the direction of Trog's.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 11:05 PM
((Well Mengde, Kongming, and Gongjin were all meant to be guards of the mansion. Guns seemed the logical defense. Unfortunantly they aren't usually lethal. They are heavy stun guns. Only in large doses (5+ shots) can they kill))

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 11:06 PM
Catherine blurs out of the way and flies up into the air.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 11:07 PM
Gongjin shoots a bunch of shots at Jacky.

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 11:08 PM
The creature, finally begging to be perturbed by Jacky's actions, turns toward him. There is no psionic or magical connection between the creature and the man, the effect simply... happens.

It shows the murder where he was and what he felt in the timeless span between his first death and his summoning to the material plane.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 11:08 PM
Jacky takes a round in the shoulder and swears, but throws a knife at Catherine using the opposite arm. After doing so, however, he falls very silent and very still. His eyes glaze over, and he falls prone to the floor.

((Right. Showing someone their death is traumatizing.))

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 11:09 PM
((Oh he's unconcious in 3...2...1... he's out))

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-27, 11:12 PM
Out of the Shadows in the ceiling, Rizzen falls down a few feet away from the creature. He giggles insanely and shadows are whipping around him in an excited manner.
Looks like I get another shot, mehehehe....
His mindblade rematerializes and fire begins to cover the blade. He calmly walks towards the creature.

Sophistemon
The wound in Jacky's shoulder oozes a steady flow of fresh blood, which forms a small puddle on the floor.

AmberVael
Catherine instinctively moves her armored shoulder in the way of the dagger, and it deflects off.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 11:14 PM
Gent stares at Rizzen. "Sir. There will be no more violence in my store, do you understand? I will not allow it."

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 11:14 PM
"This creature does not belong in the land of the living," comes the bug's oddly fluctuating voice. "It should be returned to the place of judgment it was torn from."

As before, there is no malice in what the creature says. Only cold finality.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 11:17 PM
Gent sighs. "Okay. Okay, no more of this. I have been consistently irritated for around two days now. You. Leave the ... creature alone. You, leave the green-haired idiot alone, he's unconscious. Catherine, you can come down now. There's no danger anymore."

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-27, 11:18 PM
Rizzen continues to giggle insanely and the shadows begin to writhe faster.
You have no idea what this thing is do you? Well, neither do I....But I do know I want it dead ever since that stupid thing in the tavern attempted to make a fool outta me. So you will do nothing to stop me!
To enforce this he waves his arms and the elemental from before floats in through a wall and a rift opens and 7 more poor out. 5 move to surround the creature while the others keep on eye on the people in the store.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 11:20 PM
The blood-puddle around Jacky's shoulder slowly begins flowing back inside of the wound. Once there, it heals shut.

Gent slaps a hand to his forehead. "I really don't need this right now."

Miatog
2007-01-27, 11:21 PM
Miatog walks into the shop with a new leg. He looks around for Gent, to better explain his actions last night and finds…the job not finished. “So, you did hide from my attack. This time I’ll be more careful and make sure to finish the job. Blatoy!” Miatog forms a sword in his right hand, only instead of attacking he takes a defencive stance and gets ready for the creature to attack.

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 11:21 PM
Catherine floats down and cautiously begins to write her letter.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 11:23 PM
Gent glares at Miatog. "No! No, no, no. No fighting in my store. None. This is suppose to be a safe place. No fighting here."

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-27, 11:24 PM
As Rizzen slowly continues towards the creature he weaves some shadows together and forms a wall of blue fire between him and Gent.
Somethings gonna get hurt tonight vermin, preferably you...hehehe
From about 7 feet away he forms a second mindblade and throws the first, flaming one at the creature.

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 11:24 PM
"It is not our place to meet out such a fate upon it," the creature responds without turning to Gent. It seems utterly oblivious to the elementals and the dark wizard. "If you wish to show it mercy then such is your right."

Space contorts around the creature, and though the blade takes a straight path it seems to arc past it harmlessly.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 11:26 PM
((What fate? Gent wants everyone left alone. There is no good or evil in the store. There are only customers, and those customers that happen to be pissing him off.))

Gent's body temperature rises one one-millionth of a degree. "I said that there was to be no fighting in my store. This is the final warning."

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 11:28 PM
((It basically just said in response to Gent that it has no intention of killing Jacky despite the fact that he should be.))

The bug watches Miatog dispassionately.

Miatog
2007-01-27, 11:29 PM
Miatog holds his stance, not wanting to be caught off guard.

“You say that only because you don’t know what that thing is. I understand your position, but know that thing has killed more then you could ever count, and when it kills it SHATTERS the very SOUL of it’s victim. There is no hope of ever bringing anyone back who was lost to the Nameless. That thing is here to scout and to lay the foundations for the destruction of this entire realm. Now do you say to not attack it?”

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-27, 11:30 PM
The shadows around Rizzen immediately cease writhing, but begin a steady, pulsing expansion outward. He stops giggling.
I will not stop. This creature must be removed from existance.
He weaves some shadows around himself and his form wavers as it suddenly appears next to the creature stabbing then flickering to a new angle a stabbing again. After the first stab Rizzen remember the previous night and the mindblade catches on fire.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 11:31 PM
Gongjig shoots 1 dart at rizzed, 1 at Miatog, and 1 at the bug.

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 11:32 PM
Catherine scoots futher away from the fighting and keeps writing.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 11:34 PM
Gent sighs. "Be that as it may, I have seen no proof of its evil. I have seen it be attacked, yes. I have seen it defend itself. I have not seen it engage in any overtly hostile actions within the confines of my store. As such, I implore those of you that are behaving in a violent way to please leave the premises of my shop. Or I shall make you."

Gent, to the surprise of many, begins the slow incantation of a teleport spell. This is most probably surprising because most people would expect him to simply Bend the hostiles away.

Miatog
2007-01-27, 11:34 PM
The sword flows into Miatog’s hand. The hand glows, ready to form the sword again at the slightest provocation from the bug. “Fine, doom your world! I’ve heard about you from some of the random people walking around here. Know this; even your powers will have little affect on the Nameless. Once the Nameless comes, you will be almost powerless to do anything to them.” Miatog walks out into the street.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-27, 11:35 PM
Rizzen constantly teleporting form makes him a rather hard target and the dart misses completely, passing through one of the elementals which looks at Gongjig with interest and begins to walk towards him.
Die stupid bug...DIE!

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 11:39 PM
((Everyone, calm down. No fighting. I said no fighting. Don't make me turn this store around.))

"I... said... stop!" Gent unleashes the teleport spell on those that refuse to cease their hostile actions. Should it affect them, they will find themselves in random places throughout the Town.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 11:40 PM
((Haha. Catherine better finish her letter soon. I've got like 5 minutes left))

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 11:41 PM
"That is not the purpose for which this individual is here," the creature responds to Miatog coolly. "Though we of the Schism seek this end."

The dart sticks into the creature and, assuming it’s a tranquilizer sort of deal, proceeds to do a spectacular amount of nothing. The first stab from Rizzen plunged into he creature, but doesn't appear to cause it any real harm. The second quenches the flame on the mind blade, a portion of the bug's flank crackling out of existence along with it.

The bug flinches, but does not retaliate.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-27, 11:41 PM
The expanding shadows shoot out an envelop Rizzen and drag him into the floor just as the spell is unleashed. One by one all the shadow elementals in the shop waver and vanish from existance.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 11:43 PM
Gent places his head in his hands and stops his head from pounding.

"I really am too old for this," he mumbles.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 11:43 PM
((Dart was the wrong word. Think knockout poisen bullet. ,Lethal in large doses))

AmberVael
2007-01-27, 11:44 PM
((Sorry, I am bit distracted.))
Catherine finishes her letter and quickly goes out the door.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-27, 11:45 PM
((well considering as how the shadows dragged him out of the shop at the last second I would assume the spell did not effect him))

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 11:45 PM
Gent mumbles a goodbye.

((I completely missed that. Sorry. Is the bug still here?))

Rebonack
2007-01-27, 11:48 PM
((It is.))

"We apologize for any distress we have brought upon you," the creature buzzes.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-27, 11:52 PM
Outside you see Rizzen fall out of the sky flailing wildly. A cloud of dust shoots up as he slams into the ground. He stands up with his nose cleayl broken and one of his arms bent at an odd angle. He looks furious and a large rift begins to appear in the shop and shadow stuff starts to poor out when it simply ceases to be. Rizzen suddenyl looks confused and you see him mouth an apology as he walks confusedly down the street.

Sophistemon
2007-01-27, 11:53 PM
Gent raises his head. He looks... tired. "I don't know if I should forgive you or light you on fire. Was that man right? Are you out to destroy everything? Did I, in trying to keep my store violence-free, doom the world?"

Miatog
2007-01-27, 11:54 PM
Miatog comes back in as he realizes something. His hand still glowing, still ready to form the sword in defense should the bug attack. He has no aggressive moods right now other then being ready to defend himself. “You named yourself. You named your kind, you’ve never done that before that I’ve seen. In fact, in my first encounter with your kind, the name of Nameless was given more at the urgings of the others fighting you, and made the point that no name would be fitting. How could you name yourself like this?”

Rebonack
2007-01-28, 12:01 AM
"When a world. A universe. A plane. Ceases to live, when cold entropy has ground all to a halt we consume it," the creature responds. "We are of one mind and one purpose. Though as in any mind there are schisms. Conflicts. Three great schisms exist within us. We consume that which still lives against its will. We consume that which still lives if it so wills. We consume only that which has already lost all life."

"This individual is of the third, thus this individual does not seek the end of which the entity Miatog spoke. He has seen only the first and his understanding of us is tainted by that."

Miatog
2007-01-28, 12:09 AM
Miatog is surprised to find that he believes the bug. He still doesn’t trust the bug, the sword is still ready to form with a thought. “There…are three groups with in the Nameless? I did discover that all of the Nameless are connected, it could be like a mind. Which would mean the part of the mind that attacked Battle-Forum was the sadistic side, the one that actively attacks living worlds for pure amusement. So, what are the other two groups like and which do you belong to?”

Rebonack
2007-01-28, 12:19 AM
"One which leads life to join with us of its own will. One which destroys only that which has been fully lost," The bug repeats. "This individual is of the latter."

Sophistemon
2007-01-28, 12:29 AM
"So you're devoted to the consumption of dead worlds, whereas the others are more willing to consume live ones."

((Did I get that right?))

Rebonack
2007-01-28, 12:33 AM
"Yes," the bug buzzes. "This individual is here only because an aperture to us was opened. It should not be, for this Realm still lives. Such an aperture can only be opened by those here."

Miatog
2007-01-28, 12:37 AM
[]sorry if I got the name wrong. This is what you get for not having It in your bio page.[]

“That would have been Iriadaceae. I need to deal with It anyways, this just adds to the reasons.” Miatog’s face takes on a look of deep thought that he normally keeps for thinking in his Vault. After several moments have passed he finally looks at the bug again. “Answer one more question and you might have my trust. If you think that you don’t need my trust think again, without it you will be unable to go anywhere outside of this shop without my constant attacks.” Miatog’s eyes narrow on the bug as he continues.

“All of…I guess Nameless was just for that one group…all of your kind are connected, I assume that the group I fought is fully aware of all that’s going on here. If they ask-slash-tell you to set up one of their bases, will you?”

Sophistemon
2007-01-28, 12:49 AM
((I'm done for the night. Roleplay an employee if you need anything.))

Rebonack
2007-01-28, 12:49 AM
"This individual will not. We do not feel that such an action falls within our purpose. Despite this we can take no action to oppose ourselves in such an endeavor," the bug responds. "However, we can inform you that we are currently erecting a nest in the Mountains not far from here. In that place exists a region naturally dead to the magic of this world. We have begun only recently and progress goes slowly. If the people of this Town strike soon the annihilation of this place may be halted."

Miatog
2007-01-28, 01:06 AM
[]You didn’t say anything about the name so I’m guessing I got it right.[]

“I see…I thank you for the warning and while I trust you I’m sure you know that I can’t have faith in you. The trust is on a very lose string and I will strike you down the moment you lose it.” Miatog walks out the door and into the streets.

Rebonack
2007-01-28, 01:09 AM
((Iridaceae. Close enough.))

The bug melts into the floor out of sight.

The Black Prince
2007-01-28, 11:51 AM
Matthew goes over to the revolvers chooses a fitting one, then goes to the counter asking:
Could you make it so that when it's out of ammo that any to hand ammunition could "teleport" into automatically

Seeing Gent is out he forgets the pistol upgrades and pays Gentlebot 75k for the work to his Saber.

Sophistemon
2007-01-28, 01:35 PM
Gent snaps out of his daily meditation and returns to the ground floor of the OmniShop. Seeing that Jacky is still laying on the floor, he has him taken to a room of the inn to rest off whatever it was that the bug did to him. Then he Bends the OmniShop back into cleanliness, as last night's fighting had caused some minor damage. He takes a deep breath, and smiles. "Okay. So I lost my temper for the first time in 60 years. No big deal. I just have to remember that this is the Town. Strange stuff happens here, and I just have to be calm enough to deal with it. Teaching myself magic was a good idea; it gives me an alternative to Bending people when they annoy me."

An employee sees Gent talking to himself and gives him a look, which causes Gent to chuckle. "What?" he asks. "I'm old!"

Raistlin1040
2007-01-28, 01:40 PM
Ekrath appears in a flash of light
Talking to yourself Gent? You are old
Ekrath begins studying Gent, trying to determine his race.

Sophistemon
2007-01-28, 01:43 PM
Gent laughs. "You bet, whippersnapper. But you have to admit, for a man my age, I don't look half bad." Gent is over 500 years old, but looks 30.

He also looks human, but looks are deceiving.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-28, 01:47 PM
Ekrath smirks
Alright but you're still a geezer. So I hear there was a fight around here last night.
Ekrath is about 140 but looks 25

Sophistemon
2007-01-28, 01:51 PM
Gent nods. "Yes. Some green-haired thug aggressively attempted to woo Ms. Beckett and was defeated by some gooey bug thing, which then attracted the attention of a wizard and a man that very much wanted to kill it. I tried to stop the violence, but I refused to Bend anyone and so things got out of hand. I taught myself magic, though, so that shouldn't happen again."

Raistlin1040
2007-01-28, 01:52 PM
Ekrath stares hard at Gent
Are you a god Gent?

Sophistemon
2007-01-28, 01:53 PM
Gent blinks, slowly and purposefully. Then he laughs, loud and hearty. "Am I a what?"

Raistlin1040
2007-01-28, 01:55 PM
A god. You know, a diety. The way I see it you look about 30 but you're at least 500. You look human but most humans don't even live to 100. Most elves don't even live to 500. Not to mention you can cast divine and arcane magic, and can Bend reality. That sound like a god to me.

Sophistemon
2007-01-28, 01:58 PM
Gent continues to laugh. "Oh, my, no. No, Ekrath. I don't have a drop of divinity in me whatsoever. I was born as mortal as you were. More mortal than most, really. I was a sickly child. I've just... learned to do things that other people can't, is all. Though I suppose that, if knowledge is power, I must be pretty mighty. But I'm no god, nor do I want to be one. Too much pressure."

Raistlin1040
2007-01-28, 02:01 PM
Like living for over 500 years? Yeah like that can be learned.

Sophistemon
2007-01-28, 02:03 PM
Gent nods. "You would be surprised."

((Really sorry, but I have to go. Could we finish this later?))

Raistlin1040
2007-01-28, 02:04 PM
((Yeah. I've gotta go as well))

Renrik
2007-01-28, 02:45 PM
A pair of small humanoids, possibly gobinoids under their cloaks, enter, and set down a list and a bag of money on the counter. Then they leave.

Xerillum
2007-01-28, 07:31 PM
Salty walks in. Hello. I would like some pitch, canvas, twenty cannon royals, and wood. a whole lot of wood.

Sophistemon
2007-01-28, 07:37 PM
Gent smiles. "Building materials are over there, sir." He points.

Xerillum
2007-01-28, 07:49 PM
Thanks. He grabs them pays, and goes to his ship.

Sophistemon
2007-01-28, 07:54 PM
Gent nods. "Have a nice day, sir."

Gent's eyes widen. "Oh, damn. I'm late." He runs off, leaving the shop in the care of the 'forged.

Sophistemon
2007-01-28, 11:07 PM
Gent returns and sits behind his counter.

Fenric
2007-01-28, 11:24 PM
Fenric walks into the Omni Shop with a sigh and walks up to the counter.

Excuse me, Gent?

Miatog
2007-01-28, 11:30 PM
Enigma comes out of the Inn and sees Gent with Fenric. “Why is it I can never get to him when he’s alone?” He sighs and goes back to the Inn and reads from one of his books.

Sophistemon
2007-01-28, 11:33 PM
Gent looks up. "Yes? What can I do for you?"

Fenric
2007-01-28, 11:39 PM
Fenric smiles

Well... I got a letter saying that a certain ring had been sold to you. A ring of three wishes, two remaining, where the first stone had been replaced with a trapped soul?

Sophistemon
2007-01-28, 11:42 PM
Gent nods. "Oh, yes. Yes, it was traded to me for another item. Odd thing, too. Can't imagine why there'd be a soul in there. Completely unnecessary; the magic doesn't need it."

Fenric
2007-01-28, 11:44 PM
Fenric sighs

Because that was my half-brother, who hates me. The soul in the gem is my mother, whom he killed. He did this to spite me and as a sign because he thinks the return of his master means that I will soon fall.

Sophistemon
2007-01-28, 11:52 PM
Gent blinks. "Family reunions must be uncomfortable, huh? I suppose that you'll be wanting the ring back, then?"

Fenric
2007-01-28, 11:54 PM
Fenric nods

Fendran is not welcome at family reunions, as you might expect.

And I will pay, of course. I'm sure that was supposed to be part of the insult, but it isn't your fault.

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 12:00 AM
Gent shakes his head. "No, don't worry about the money. It's yours to begin with, and you didn't want to sell it. Just let me think of where I put it..." He gets up and wanders over to the jewelry aisle. "Is that... nope. How about... no, too many wishes in that one. Ah, here it is." He goes back to the counter, ring in hand, and gives it to Fenric.

Fenric
2007-01-29, 12:07 AM
Fenric takes the ring with a pained expression

Thank you, Gent

Fenric looks at the Gent with the quietly sad smile of pain long endured

I know our paths do not often cross, but I'm glad you're here. If there is ever anything we can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask.

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 12:09 AM
Gent shakes his head. "I said you shouldn't worry about it. I'm here to help. Thank you, though, for the offer of a favor. A day might come when I'll need to call it in."

Fenric
2007-01-29, 12:11 AM
Fenric bows formally, then heads back for home.

Miatog
2007-01-29, 12:41 AM
Enigma pops his head in the shop and finds Gent alone. He walks up to Gent, now that his player is on when Gent has no customers. “Hey Gent, about that bug that was here before…did you notice how it looked like me? I mean it didn’t have the same shape as me, but it seemed to be made of the same stuff.”

At this moment, Miatog walks in. He sees Gent being busy with Enigma and starts looking down the shelves for something that can remove a dead magic zone.

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 12:54 AM
Gent nods. "I... did not. I'll admit that when the fighting broke out I failed to pay very much attention to detail. Now that you mention it, though, yes. Yes, it seemed very similar to you in substance."

Miatog
2007-01-29, 01:11 AM
“I wonder…could I be like them? I heard the wizard say they were all connected, maybe I’m like a lost lamb…” Enigma looks like he’s about to cry, the thought of being part of something that destroys worlds would do that to most.

Miatog picks up some items, looks them over, and puts them back. Still looking for just the right thing.

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 01:18 AM
Gent shakes his head. "I would very much doubt it. Remember that you were created only recently. Those creatures are ancient. The fact that you share some similarities does not mean that you are one of them."

Miatog
2007-01-29, 02:14 AM
Miatog comes up to the counter with a box. The box is decorated with alchemic circles. He “Oh stop it. I heard what you said and you look nothing like them. For one, you’re not black, in color at least.”

“Oh no?” Enigma holds up his arm and moves the skin back. “This doesn’t look like them?”

“No it doesn’t. First of all, that doesn’t hold the bits of souls from countless people over countless years from countless realms. Not to mention the fact that you don’t inspire fear in any form.”

Enigma still looks sad, but not ready to cry. “Do you really think that I’m not one of them?”

“How could you be?” Miatog blinks his True Sight on and looks Enigma over. He blinks it back off. “Well well well. You are an interesting fellow aren’t you? Nothing yet able to be everything.”

Enigma puts his skin back on and grabs hold of Miatog. “You know what I am! Tell me please!”

Maitog shoves Enigma off him. “No, I think it’ll be better if you find out yourself. I will however tell you to look into the spell Genesis.” Miatog smiles, it’s a creepy smile, but a smile non the less. He then turns to the counter and finds that Gent is magically gone. “This is why I hate non liner time!”

Gentlebot comes up to Miatog. “Greetings meatbag. I can aid you.”

“Fine, I need to know how well this box can remove a dead magic zone, I have one that I need to get rid of before we can destroy the Nameless.”

“When empty and opened, it will draw dead magic zone into it up to enough for a 100 mile sphere. If there is any dead magic zone inside it when opened, it will form in the location and shape of the openers will up to 100 miles away.”

“Perfect, I’ll take it. How much?”

“You pay what you think your order is worth here.”

“Wonderful. I should get it free seeing how I’m saving your realm, but I have enough money to spread around.” Miatog reaches into his robe and pulls out a sack that seems not even large enough for a single gold coin. “Should be about 1000 platinum in there.”

Gentlebot takes the sack and Miatog leaves the store. Enigma goes to the library and starts looking for books on Genesis.

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 09:02 AM
Gent pops back into existence.

"I love non-linear time."

Kyral
2007-01-29, 09:10 AM
There's a sound like howling wind and crackling flame that slowly grows louder throughout the shop, until eventually a blurred, darkened form stands in front of the front desk; its arms are aflame. Suddenly turning into the form of Kyral, the noise stops and he opens his eyes,, causing the fire on his forearms to vanish. He glances at the rest of the shop briefly, then walks over to Gent. "Excuse me?"

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 09:16 AM
"Yes? What can I do for you?"

Kyral
2007-01-29, 09:17 AM
"Yes...eh, first, is this the Omnishop?"

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 09:19 AM
Gent nods. "Yes. Welcome."

Kyral
2007-01-29, 09:21 AM
"Thank you. Also, is it true that you sell everything?" He says the word 'everything' a little doubtfully.

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 09:26 AM
Gent extends his arms in the universal 'look around you' gesture. "You have doubts?"

Kyral
2007-01-29, 09:28 AM
Kyral looks around the shop, raising an eyebrow as he does so. He looks back at Gent. "A bit...but then, that's not the reason I'm here. I'm in need of a new guampa."

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 09:41 AM
Gent thinks. "Guampas would be in the... bottle section, as they're used to hold liquid. Right over there." He points.

Kyral
2007-01-29, 09:43 AM
"Thank you." Kyral walks into the bottle section in the direction Gent pointed in, and, after several minutes, returns with a small red guampa. He puts it on the counter. "Also, could I have symbols painted onto the front of it?"

Deus Mortus
2007-01-29, 09:47 AM
Tinderhall enters the shop carrying two large mugs with coffee.

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 09:48 AM
"Of course. What kind of symbols?"

Deus Mortus
2007-01-29, 09:52 AM
Tinderhall puts the two mugs on the counter, but waits untill the other customer is done.

Kyral
2007-01-29, 09:52 AM
Kyral closes his eyes, concentrating. One of his fingers slowly turns into a long strip of paper with several symbols written on it. He opens his eyes, picks up the paper, and hands it to Gent. "Here."

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 09:56 AM
Gent looks at the paper and, still looking at it, grabs a small paintbrush and a bottle of black ink from under the counter. "Is black okay?"

Kyral
2007-01-29, 09:59 AM
"Black is fine." He glances at Tinderhall, remembering him vaguely as the person who was playing the unbearable music a few days ago in the Tavern, then looks back at Gent. "Would Bombillas be in the bottle section?"

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 10:02 AM
Gent nods, and begins to paint the symbols on the guampa. "Yes, they're in the bottles section."

Kyral
2007-01-29, 10:04 AM
"Thank you." Kyral walks into the bottles section.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-29, 10:06 AM
Tinderhall hands Gent one of the mugs, So how's the day been treating you?

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 10:17 AM
Gent finishes painting and puts the guampa down. "Not poorly."

Deus Mortus
2007-01-29, 10:22 AM
But not great?

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 10:29 AM
"I've had a lot going on for a while."

Kyral
2007-01-29, 10:33 AM
Kyral returns to the desk, holding a small metal bombilla. He takes the guampa. "Many thanks; how much would this be?"

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 10:40 AM
"You pay what you think is fair."

Kyral
2007-01-29, 10:46 AM
"Really." He rubs his chin and places a small leather pouch on the table after a moment's thought, then nods politely and vanishes with the guampa and bombilla.

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 11:10 AM
Back to Tinderhall. "I can't complain."

Deus Mortus
2007-01-29, 11:19 AM
Good, me neither, I've been busy expanding my realm and forcing it outside the creation of the primal gods, so it's practically another multiverse on it's own, rather interesting though fatigueing experiment.

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 11:21 AM
Gent nods, interested. "An interesting experiment indeed, though one wonders why it is being conducted."

Deus Mortus
2007-01-29, 11:24 AM
Mostly for the good of knowledge, I'm shielded from normal gods there anyway, though perhaps if I one day made an enemy of a primal god it might be handy, but I don't plan doing that. All in all it was a good excersize in handling fundamental energy though.

((Gotta go eat and after that school, so I won't be back for a while))

McBish
2007-01-29, 11:26 AM
((Did Gent ever make those braclets for the police?))

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 11:29 AM
((Yes.))

Gent nods. "Ah, I see."

Deus Mortus
2007-01-29, 11:42 AM
I thought you might be interested in helping me with creating the rules for that multiverse, it has a few rules right now, but I'm afraid it's rather unstable.

Renrik
2007-01-29, 01:41 PM
The cloaked figures from yesterday come in and claim their shipment.

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 03:27 PM
Gent thinks about it for a moment. "I don't know. The thought of actually doing something on a universal scale is... daunting."

He waves to the cloaked figures.

Kalbereth
2007-01-29, 03:47 PM
The whole group of Markan and Co. begin the waking up process.

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 04:31 PM
An OmniShop employee takes a food-and-beverage-laden tray to the awakening guests.

McBish
2007-01-29, 08:30 PM
Eric limps inside and heads to the counter. Excuse me could I get some thread, silk if you have it, and a bottle of cheap gin?

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 08:34 PM
Gent nods. "Thread and silk are in the clothing aisles, and gin can be purchased in the restaurant." He sees Eric's limp. "I'll send someone to fetch them." He does, and when she returns with the items Gent has her give them to Eric. "Will that be all, sir?"

McBish
2007-01-29, 08:37 PM
Yeah thanks. He takes out a gold coin. That should cover it. He gathers up the items and limps outside.

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 08:37 PM
Gent waves goodbye.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-29, 08:53 PM
Terre the dvati walks into the store.
You sell any potions of greater spell immunity (anti-magic field) that lasts longer than 2 seconds?

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 09:08 PM
Gent nods. "Yes, I do. Over in the potions section. It will be clearly labeled."

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-29, 09:23 PM
Terre smiles.
Thanks, I prefer to confirm locations as to not waste my time.
He walks down the isle and grabs ten of the ones labeled "30 seconds".
Umm....will 30 grand cover it?
Eek, I'm gonna go broke at this rate.....

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 09:29 PM
"You only pay what you think is fair, sir. There is no set price."

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-29, 09:33 PM
He sighs.
Here ya go then.
Terre places the 30,000 gold pieces in their pouch on the counter and walks out with the potions after thanking Gent.

Sophistemon
2007-01-29, 09:36 PM
Gent nods his head goodbye.

Uberblah
2007-01-30, 01:29 AM
Ishmale enters the shop, and takes a good look around.
Hello there good sir. I was wondering if could trouble you to ask if you have a wand of disjunction or possibly some very strong corrosive acid? I'd be much obliged to give you quite a sum of money for it.
Ishmale walks around the shop and waits for a reply.

Throughout his wandering Ishmale finds a wand of mordekainen's disjunction.
Ah. Excellent. Just what I was looking for.
Ishmale walks out of the shop and as he leaves, he places a pouch which contains 25,000 gold pieces on the counter.