PDA

View Full Version : Things to Reduce ACP

Yogibear41
2014-02-06, 12:11 AM
Other than things like mithril amor and the 2 heavy armor optimization feats from races of stone are there any other feats or items that can reduce ACP?

HunterOfJello
2014-02-06, 12:40 AM
Lots. Give us a price range to work with first though.

Thurbane
2014-02-06, 02:06 AM
Nimbleness enchantment reduces ACP by 2. (MIC)
Hellforged reduces ACP by 1. (DMG2)
Leafweave reduces ACP by 2. (RotW)
Wildwood Reduces ACP by 1. (RotW)

Xintas
2014-02-06, 10:19 AM
Perhaps I was reading it wrong, but Hellforged seems to increase the ACP by 1, not reduce it.

Firest Kathon
2014-02-06, 10:40 AM
Since you didn't specify an edition (though Races of Stone indicates 3.5 :smallsmile:): Pathfinder Fighter gets Armor Training (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter#TOC-Armor-Training-Ex-), up to -4 ACP and no reduction of movement speed.

Arc_knight25
2014-02-06, 11:02 AM
Guerilla Warrior is a nice feat from Hero's of Battle.

Reduces ACP by 1 and takes away the 2 skill points to rank up Hide and Move Silently for being a cross class skill. The max for both skills is still that of what the max cross class skill could be. Just lowers the skill point cost.

Particle_Man
2014-02-06, 11:15 AM
Put these together and you should be able to do anything in heavy armour + tower shield well enough (except tumble)!

Thurbane
2014-02-06, 06:09 PM
Perhaps I was reading it wrong, but Hellforged seems to increase the ACP by 1, not reduce it.
Hmm, interesting.

Armor Check Penalty: The armor check penalty imposed by hellforged armor or a hellforged shield improves by 1 (minimum –1).
"Improves by 1" - I took that to mean is reduced by one. But since the max Dex and ASF failure are worse than normal, it would make more sense that ACP would also be worse.

Speaking of Heroes of Battle, the Dread Commando PrC reduces ACP by 2 at 2nd level, and another 2 (4 total) at 4th level.

Arc_knight25
2014-02-07, 08:59 AM
That is a cool prestige class. It gets sudden strike as well, gives a bonus to initiative for the party, you get to move at full speed in stealth without any minuses (Charge Sudden Strike just looks so cool if you can imagine it )and the ACP reductions. All at full BAB with 6+int for skills. All in all a great skillmonkey class.