PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Natural Science in Knowledge skills

Spore
2014-02-06, 07:59 AM
Hi guys,

I would like to know how you would make an educational mundane character utilizing knowledge and sleight of hands like McGyver does.

For people foreign to the "trope": Angus McGyver is basically an spy using science to build contraptions out of small mundane items to solve his problems. He would build a rocket from chemical substances, a metal tube and some spring.

He is capable of hand-to-hand combat, but all those parts can be built and fluffed accordingly. I am curious about the knowledge background for natural sciences. Which skill is rolled when a character knows how to create a incendiary bomb out of linen, two reagents and an old metal mug.

I would think about an rogue dipped Alchemist with Craft (Alchemy), Knowledge (Nature), Knowledge (Engineering), Disable Device and Sleight of Hand. Another problem is that today's perception and content of natural sciences drastically differs from any historical or fictional fantasy setting. Creating an own Craft (Ludicrous contraption) would be elegant, but possibly perceived as too simple and cheap a solution.