PDA

View Full Version : Pimp My Pirate & Paladin

Palanan
2014-02-06, 01:36 PM
I'd like suggestions for items and gear for a pirate-lord and his cohort, who will be external threats in my city campaign:

The Pirate-Lord: A ninth-level mix of Fighter/Rogue and Lasher, emphasizing a mighty nagaika and his intimidating presence; and

His Right-Hand Man: A seventh-level Paladin/Warchanter, no mount or spellcasting, leads the charge with Perform (harangue).

I've already got a Badge of Valor for the paladin/warchanter, and the nagaika will probably have something on it as well. So, what else do these guys need to scourge the seas and crush a great city beneath their booted heels?

Spore
2014-02-06, 06:07 PM
I have no idea about the extended D&D franchise other than PF but let me ask this. How is an pirate supposed to hold up the principles of paladinhood?

Maginomicon
2014-02-06, 06:15 PM
How is an pirate supposed to hold up the principles of paladinhood?
The same way Robin Hood did, by following what he considers a "more legitimate" authority.

Palanan
2014-02-06, 06:39 PM
Well, there's some backstory involved--but yes, this paladin isn't running on the regular Code. I'm calling him a "Paladin of Conquest" because he's dedicated to achieving military objectives. (This was worked out in a previous thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16902620), and I'm happy with this approach.)

The paladin uses IC to motivate his guys in battle, and as I mentioned I'm planning to give him a Badge of Valor. I don't think he can afford a Vest of Legends, so that's probably it for IC--but other suggestions for armor, weapons, gear, etc. would be great.