PDA

View Full Version : D&D Models

Redrhino10
2014-02-06, 04:30 PM
Well its a simple question really, where can you buy D&D Models in the UK? As a DM, I am currently using some warhammer models which are ok, but my players cant find anywhere to buy their own single character. Ive looked at reaper models but the postage to the UK is at least £15 alone, and each figure is also about £3-5... are they other UK companies that sell well made miniatures, either painted or unpainted, for a fair price?

Tegu8788
2014-02-06, 08:26 PM
Amazon? Ebay? Online may be your best option. Otherwise, look for local game stores, they may have someone you can talk to about buying "used" ones.

DrBurr
2014-02-06, 09:35 PM
I tend to buy models at gaming conventions, if thats not your group's thing a Gameshop might have some otherwise I'd hit amazon or ebay like Tegu suggested

Redrhino10
2014-02-07, 10:56 AM
Yeah I will probably use ebay, better prices... but which brand models are best? My players don't mind painted or unpainted

zephyrkinetic
2014-02-07, 10:57 AM
Never liked the classic figures. Too static.

Related: There's a Lego store about an hour away, which has a "creation station" with little parts to build your own custom stuff. I want to make a field trip with my table and make figs there, then "borrow" my daughter's Lego to make maps.

Tegu8788
2014-02-07, 11:09 AM
I second Legos. Easy to find, easy to customize, can be played with outside of the game easily, and given how customized things have become, it's easy to find exactly what you want.

Elkreeal
2014-02-07, 11:17 AM
Me and my friends use legos as well, but started trying to sculpt our characters in blue Styrofoam after I sculpted my Faerie Dragonling arcane familiar for my Drow Wild magic Sorcerer.

Redrhino10
2014-02-07, 11:30 AM
Thats an awesome idea, especially with all the new minifigure series. Ive been to one of those lego shops before too, they have lots of different parts there, you could buy a cup full of bits when I went! :)