PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of my Martial Rogue/Human Paragon?

Jiruharudo
2014-02-06, 06:03 PM
Greetings fellow Playgrounders!

I have watched you from afar putting fun, extreme and silly builds together on this forum. Kudos's for that! And now I would like to share with you my "very own" D&D character.

I recently started playing D&D again and I really wanted to play a trapfinding skillmonkey rogue with neat little assist abilities for flavor, like tracking and appraise skills.

I came up with the following char in the 'Forgotten Realms' setting:

Symon Seaworth, a man of humble origins from the city of Calimshan. Started of as a simple thug, dealing with the things thugs deal with. He also likes to gamble, and has won a ship this way -although the ships owner claimed him for a cheat. Therefore Symon retreated with his band of humble misfits to the city of Baldurs Gate, where he found protection under a Lord as a privateer. Till said his lord was bidden to investigate a mysterious temple found in the deep seas of the Sword Coast together with some other hired men and women (my party).

Symon comes with a 2 master ship called 'The Fortune' and a crew and an Orc cohort called Feng (DM made him up, all I know he has a strength of 25, which is ..nice) who wields a large warhammer.

Symon is a man who doesn't like to chew off then he can chew, unless the risk is worth it.
He is not one to hold a grudge, but is a guy who likes to get even. An example of this is when he was ambushed by bandits he had worked with, where he smilingly asked how much they where getting paid for this and after the battle only 3 lived, he considered enlisting the one that was able to escape his bonds on his ship because he "saw potential in that one". He is also fair to his crew in payment, but not so much to his actual party members. Finding some daggers and apprising them less then they where worth, he sold them for a neat profit.

Symon came by his Elvish Courtblade by seeing it in action by a Elven compatriot. He made note and copied the Elf's style thinking he was just as nimble with it as any Elf.

He called the sword Lumbo, the Elven word for 'cloud' (not sure if this is true.. :P)
because of the electric and cold enchantments on it.

--------------------------------------------------------
Stats:
Chaotic Neutral Human

Martial Rogue 5 / Human Paragon 3

Abscore (32 point buy)
Str. 16/Dex. 18/Con. 10/Int. 12/Wis. 8/Cha. 14
Abscore after items and +2 Ab from Human paragon
Str. 16/Dex. 22/Con. 10/Int. 12/Wis. 10/Cha. 16

AC 23
Fortitude +2 (ouch, I know..)
Reflex +11
Will +7 (huzzah for Force of Personality

Feats: [I]Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Elven Courtblade/ Track/ Imp. Buckler defence/ Force of Personality/ Leadership/ Able Learner/ Weapon Finesse/ Combat Reflexes[/]

Equipment:
Shocking Elven Courtblade +1
+12 Attack
1d10+4 Piercing/Slashing Damage, 1d6 Elect, 1d6 Cold
18-20 Critical
Weapon Crystal of Energy Assault (Cold), Lesser

Mithral Chain Shirt +1
+5 Armor Bonus
+6 Maximum Dexterity
-- Check Penalty

Buckler +1
+2 Shield Bonus
-- Check Penalty

Gloves of Dexterity +2
Periapt of Wisdon +2
Cloak of Charisma +2
Periapt of health

-----------------------------------------

Please tell me what you think, and what you would've changed. Keep in mind I wasn't allowed to use Warblade which seems to be the option that keeps popping up in these Dex builds, and that it wasn't really meant to be a optimized build.

I hope to post some artwork soon..

Thank you for taking time to look at the build!

-Jiru

Particle_Man
2014-02-06, 09:13 PM
Great Fortitude might help with the fort save.

What skills did you take? What is your special human paragon skill?

nedz
2014-02-07, 12:20 AM
This seems to be a duplicate of this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329804) thread.