PDA

View Full Version : what are unique things only moi do?

CyberThread
2014-02-06, 06:08 PM
What are unique to the moi system. That other subsystems can't do?

Big Fau
2014-02-06, 06:12 PM
As fair as I'm aware, no other class in the game has at-will petrification (ignoring the Medusa racial class).

Dread_Head
2014-02-06, 06:15 PM
Not unique but I don't think any other class can get as many natural attacks as a Totemist (except Warshaper).

Glimbur
2014-02-06, 07:31 PM
Resistance to ability damage and drain is non-trivial to get. Immunity exists other places, and Binders can get fast-healing ability damage, but resistance is I think uniquely MoI.

The Necrocarnum Circlet brow bind is similar to other necromancy, but different. It is free but you only get one minion, and it is sort of unique that way.

Fellmist Robe is concealment which is variable (not just 20% or 50% miss chance); there might exist other sources of variable concealment but I can't think of any.

Vitality Belt (and Totem Avatar I think) boost your hit points, but don't affect your con score. It lasts longer than a barbarian rage and it's not temp HP like False Life or some psychic powers. Again, probably not unique but certainly unusual.

There is also a soulmeld that lets you do non-lethal damage with a touch. That might be unique too.

Thurbane
2014-02-06, 07:35 PM
Oh, you mean Magic of Incarnum. I was thinking moi as in the French word for "me".

http://i61.tinypic.com/14jw2ed.jpg

Rubik
2014-02-06, 07:39 PM
The phase cloak is my favorite soulmeld, and it allows you to go ethereal whenever you move more than 5'. Other sources of ethereality are either all or nothing; either you stay ethereal for the duration of whatever's causing it, or you're not ethereal at all, but the cloak lets you go ethereal intermittently, all day long. It's absolutely awesome for stealth, utility, defense, mobility, and recon.

Big Fau
2014-02-06, 07:56 PM
It's absolutely awesome for stealth, utility, defense, mobility, and recon.

And offense, due to its clause about random encounters.

Also photobombing.

Rubik
2014-02-06, 08:00 PM
And offense, due to its clause about random encounters.I like moving adjacent to a wall, passing through invisibly and utterly silently, looking about as I walk around on the other side, before about-facing and moving back through the wall, with nobody else the wiser.