PDA

View Full Version : Dread Necromancer build for pathfinder

KrimsonNekros
2014-02-06, 06:27 PM
I'm going to be starting a Pathfinder campaign and my buddy is playing an Evil cleric. I'm wanting to play a Dread necromancer as a compliment to his character. I'm wanting to multiclass into another class to gain some more combat flexibility. I'm leaning towards Spellthief at the moment, but I'm wondering, Is there a way to apply the Charnel Touch ability to a melee attack with a weapon?

Bigbeefie
2014-02-06, 08:40 PM
Bringing in 3.5 material is difficult. To be honest I recommend going wizard or sorcerer necromancer. It will open your spell list up and will still work quiet well. But sorry I dont have a conversion guide. I always felt Dread necro was weaker then other caster options who can cast the same spells.

I dont know of a weapon property that allows you to deliver a class ability like Charnal touch.

KrimsonNekros
2014-02-06, 10:20 PM
Charnel Touch (Su): Negative energy fl ows through
a dread necromancer’s body, concentrating in her
hands. At will, but no more than once per
round, she can make a melee touch attack
against a living foe that deals 1d8 points
of damage, +1 per four class levels. This
touch heals undead creatures, restoring
1 hit point per touch, +1 per four
class levels.

Emphasis mine, but it seems like all I'd need is to be able to deliver a touch attack through my weapon.

Nihilarian
2014-02-06, 10:38 PM
There's the Conductive (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/conductive) property.

Alefiend
2014-02-06, 10:46 PM
Two levels of Magus will do it for you as well.

Drachasor
2014-02-06, 11:10 PM
Conductive requires you expend two uses, but the DM only has one per round. The Magus ability only works on spells (default Magus spells, but at 6th level you can work in another spell list).

Not sure there is a way to do this.

Edit: Actually, rereading it, conductive seems unclear on this.

When the wielder makes a successful attack of the appropriate type, he may choose to expend two uses of his magical ability to channel it through the weapon to the struck opponent, which suffers the effects of both the weapon attack and the special ability. (If the wielder has unlimited uses of a special ability, she may channel through the weapon every round.)

RAW though does seem to indicate it will work on a reread. I'd ask the DM however.

Eldaran
2014-02-06, 11:16 PM
Two levels of Magus will do it for you as well.

Magus is spells only, won't work.

Nihilarian
2014-02-06, 11:27 PM
Conductive requires you expend two uses, but the DM only has one per round. The Magus ability only works on spells (default Magus spells, but at 6th level you can work in another spell list).

Not sure there is a way to do this.

Edit: Actually, rereading it, conductive seems unclear on this.

RAW though does seem to indicate it will work on a reread. I'd ask the DM however.You aren't using the ability twice, you're using it once, and expending a second use of it.

Drachasor
2014-02-07, 12:24 AM
You aren't using the ability twice, you're using it once, and expending a second use of it.

You don't have a second use each round.

However, Conductive seems to say that if the use is "unlimited" which the ability says it is, then you don't need two uses. So that sidesteps the issue...assuming the DM agrees with that interpretation.