PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a sundering character

JungleChicken
2014-02-06, 11:19 PM
Just looking for ideas on a viable and survivable build.
Sources are 3.5 core, most of the 3.5 supplementals and eberron.
No dragon magazine.

Optimization is ok from class dips ,so long as the ratio is 1 class per 5 levels or less. Also the party is fairly new to D&D. Second campaign ever so I'm trying to avoid full caster classes. Hence the topic idea

Class level will be between 5 and 10. Nothing nailed down yet.

Crake
2014-02-06, 11:22 PM
Probably the biggest issue with sunder builds is the fact that you're sundering potential gear.

Combat brute gives you sundering cleave which is nice, when you sunder an object that an enemy is holding, you get a free attack against them. Works pretty well with a shock trooper charger, just charge and cleave through their sword, then use the free attack to sunder their shield, and then use your second free attack to hit them

Nirhael
2014-02-06, 11:22 PM
You do realize you're going to be destroying large amounts of loot with your character... right?

Meth In a Mine
2014-02-06, 11:49 PM
I do believe the Lucerne hammer has +2 to sunder attempts, along with good damage and reach it could make a nice pick for your build.
Also maybe take a level of barbarian and take destructive rage from Complete Warrior.

But definitely pick up improved sunder.

Diovid
2014-02-07, 02:30 AM
How about Barbarian 1 / Fighter 6? Then maybe going into Warforged Juggernaut (Eberron Campaign Setting).

Use the Fighter's Dungeon Crasher (Dungeonscape) and Dead Levels (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cwc/20061013a) variants and use the Barbarian's Spiritual Lion Totem (Complete Champion) variant.

Take the Lucky Break (Complete Scoundrel) and Destructive Rage (Complete Warrior) feats.

This is not so much a sundering build, as it is a destroy doors and other objects build.

prufock
2014-02-07, 07:25 AM
Definitely dip into binder for 1 level (or two, if you want Suppress Sign) for the Aym vestige. Double damage against objects, yes! Improved Sunder while bound, yes! Extra fire damage, yes!

I am loath to say this, but 11 levels of truenamer can get you "Rebuild Item," which could take care of the issue of destroying your own loot.

Gwendol
2014-02-07, 07:27 AM
Goliath or similar race with powerful build to get that +4 due to size.