PDA

View Full Version : bang for your buck

shylocke
2014-02-07, 01:04 AM
What item do you think has the best effect/cost ratio. Give usage scenario and item stats.

Ever soaking sponge:26400gp: absorbs 2000 gallons of water a round with a total capacity of 225000 gallons. When squeezed the only water that comes out is what a nonmagical sponge of equal size would contain. All other water is destroyed.

Scenario: seeking sunken treasure. Dealing with krakens/aboleths/etc. Crossing rivers. Pimp smacking water elementals( allow fort save vs death?). Just wanna see the world burn.

Phelix-Mu
2014-02-07, 01:31 AM
I'm a big fan of the something from nothing items. Chief in efficiency is tree token. Dirt cheap, produces something instantly that otherwise probably takes most of a century to grow.

Decanter of Endless Water/Endless Sand: Very useful.

Ring gates: Basically designed for some crazy exploits.

Planar Ring Gates: Raises the cheese level possible with ring gates to the nth degree.

Simulacra thingy: I can never remember the name of this thing. It's in Frostburn, and it's a single-use item to create a simulacrum. I think it only costs 21k, but can be used by anyone, and maybe takes less time to form. Not sure, but I really liked it when I saw it. 21k for a person with class levels. Pretty nice.

shylocke
2014-02-07, 01:38 AM
Ouch. I had a boat powered by endless water at one point. Needed a quick stealthy way to get ashore. Almost tried it with my big boat boat but it was too big

Maginomicon
2014-02-07, 01:39 AM
You know how that bouncy ball in MIB caused the 1977 New York blackout?

That sponge... is why we have Sandstorm as a setting option.

{{scrubbed}}

Lightlawbliss
2014-02-07, 01:40 AM
sling launching rocks, quarterstaff

big fan of the gold piece, even bigger fan of the bag of holding full of gold pieces

Hurnn
2014-02-07, 01:58 AM
What item do you think has the best effect/cost ratio. Give usage scenario and item stats.

Ever soaking sponge:26400gp: absorbs 2000 gallons of water a round with a total capacity of 225000 gallons. When squeezed the only water that comes out is what a nonmagical sponge of equal size would contain. All other water is destroyed.

Scenario: seeking sunken treasure. Dealing with krakens/aboleths/etc. Crossing rivers. Pimp smacking water elementals( allow fort save vs death?). Just wanna see the world burn.

225,000 gallons sounds like a lot but its a 14.5' cube so the Kraken is going to laugh at you right before it eats you

shylocke
2014-02-07, 02:08 AM
Build a series of large pressing machines that can hold a few hundred sponges and either animate them or man them with golems.