PDA

View Full Version : Optimize Question

fremar02
2014-02-07, 05:30 AM
I just wanted to know how does the author of this,http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Eternal_Blade_of_the_Revenant_(3.5e_Optimized_Char acter_Build) optimization build get all those feats?

Kelb_Panthera
2014-02-07, 05:32 AM
I don't actually see a build on that page but, if the name is any indication, I'm going to guess it involved using the dark chaos feat shuffle on an elf.

fremar02
2014-02-07, 05:44 AM
Oh sorry I see now the link does not work.
The build is called "Eternal blade of the revenant", if you google it it will be the 1st entry.

Basically He has 14 feats, and especially the 3 feats at level 1 as an elf I don't understand.

AuraTwilight
2014-02-07, 05:52 AM
He took flaws to get extra feats.

Firechanter
2014-02-07, 05:52 AM
@Kelb: you need to close the parantheses. The the build shows.

@fremar: please make your thread titles more specific in the future.

The Revenant Blade can sort of "prepare" Feats as if they were spells. A "prepared feat" lasts until next dawn, but this build lists them as if they were permanent.

The two extra feats at level one must be coming from Flaws, but it doesn't specify which ones.

Apart from that, everything looks valid.

fremar02
2014-02-07, 06:03 AM
Thanks for the quick replies and info, I will title my threads better in the future.

Firechanter
2014-02-07, 07:00 AM
Oh, I realized two other flaws in the build. Well, it is dandwiki after all.

Firstly, Revenant Blade is an Eberron-specific PrC, and there are explicitly, definitely, no Wild Elves in Eberron. But since this just replaces the Con with an Int penalty, it doesn't matter so much.

Secondly, this build will suffer 20% XP penalty due to multiclass from level 6 onward. Even if there were Wild Elves in Eberron, sure as hell neither Warblade nor Psychic Warrior would be their favoured class.

Apart from that, the PrC does have a very sweet payoff, particularly if you combine with Raging Mongoose from Warblade. Six two-handed attacks per round at (near-)full BAB does sound like a world of hurt.

Sian
2014-02-07, 07:05 AM
who actually cares about multiclassing penalties ... all the groups i've played with, have removed the idea of multiclassing penalties with Rule 0

Firechanter
2014-02-07, 07:33 AM
Well, I don't mind having them in the game; I actually enjoy having them as a little extra handicap that makes build-planning more demanding.
But I also would be open to changing a character's favoured class to a non-core one. For instance, since we all know Fighters suck, I guess I'd allow a Dwarf player to change his FC to Crusie or Warbie.

nedz
2014-02-07, 11:44 AM
Fixed Link (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Eternal_Blade_of_the_Revenant_%283.5e_Optimized_Ch aracter_Build%29)
Looks like a fairly routine Pounce Charger. Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization are fairly weak choices.

Urpriest
2014-02-07, 12:33 PM
Firstly, Revenant Blade is an Eberron-specific PrC, and there are explicitly, definitely, no Wild Elves in Eberron. But since this just replaces the Con with an Int penalty, it doesn't matter so much.

Huh? It was my impression that Eberron explicitly had every race from every setting in it in some form or another.

Sian
2014-02-07, 01:03 PM
Huh? It was my impression that Eberron explicitly had every race from every setting in it in some form or another.

Can you quote that from somewhere? ...

Urpriest
2014-02-07, 01:20 PM
Can you quote that from somewhere? ...

Page 8 of the Campaign Setting:

1. If it exists in D&D, then it has a place in Eberron.

Firechanter
2014-02-07, 05:28 PM
Hm. In that case, I stand corrected. I was referring to the Elf section of RoE, which does not mention those MM subraces.

Zweisteine
2014-02-07, 06:10 PM
Even if there were no Wild Elves in Eberron, I doubt it would make a difference. After all, isn't most TO set in the World of All D&D, where all settings sit next to each other, with Magical Location placed conveniently where they can be used (for a price), and all races coexist to the point that you can find a half-celestial, half-fiend?

nedz
2014-02-07, 06:58 PM
Even if there were no Wild Elves in Eberron, I doubt it would make a difference. After all, isn't most TO set in the World of All D&D, where all settings sit next to each other, with Magical Location placed conveniently where they can be used (for a price), and all races coexist to the point that you can find a half-celestial, half-fiend?

I didn't think that this was a TO build ?