PDA

View Full Version : Warshaper-multimorph clarification

Mootsmcboots
2014-02-07, 03:13 PM
Hey all, had a question regarding the Warshaper's multimorph ability (Via Bear Warrior)

It says I can change shapes multiple times while in my rage(bear form). Now would this allow me to shift only between bear forms Black/brown/dire etc as a standard action during my rage.

or

Would it also allow me to shift between Bear forms and my player form. Ex- Rage, brown bear- to black bear(Standard Action)- to Half Orc (Standard Action) back to brown bear (Standard action).

If it's only between bear forms, then the 5th level ability for Warshaper seems woefully underwhelming for Bear Warriors as there isn't much incentive to take BW past level 5, and little reason to move from brown bear down to black bear.

Fouredged Sword
2014-02-07, 03:42 PM
Generally it is seen as a 4 level PRC for just that reason. You cannot revert to human, and your ability does not let you turn into a human, only bears.

bekeleven
2014-02-07, 04:00 PM
Generally it is seen as a 4 level PRC for just that reason. You cannot revert to human, and your ability does not let you turn into a human, only bears.

Unless you're a Master of Many Forms, of course, who can shift back into their original skin. However, if you are, then you probably have enough shapes per day that the point is moot.

Kaje
2014-02-07, 04:16 PM
I dunno. I think multimorph is pretty amazing coupled with MoMF. Sure, you may not necessarily need more than 11 or whatever shapes per day, but given the choice, I'd love to be able to switch every 2 seconds all day.

bekeleven
2014-02-07, 04:23 PM
I dunno. I think multimorph is pretty amazing coupled with MoMF. Sure, you may not necessarily need more than 11 or whatever shapes per day, but given the choice, I'd love to be able to switch every 2 seconds all day.

The real advantage is things that only last for a wild shape. I think there might be one or two shifter abilities that do this, but it's rare if it exists at all.

The main one is Morphic Weapons. You can grow them, then keep them for as long as your current shift lasts.