PDA

View Full Version : The Tombs of Redrise

Pages : [1] 2

Saurous
2007-01-27, 04:19 PM
Deep in the deserts near the Town resides the Tomb of Redrise. The area is barren and dry, consisting of tall buildings made of brownish sandstone. Catacombs and passages run underneath the area, creating a massive dungeon. Corpses and skeletons of the unfortunate residents litter the ground. The buildings have crumbled quite a bit and the whole area is in a horrible state of disrepair. The sky is in perpetual sunrise, or sunset. Thus the name "Redrise".

Lord Magtok
2007-01-27, 04:26 PM
A portal appears and the ghost of Magtok emerges from it.

Xaspian
2007-01-27, 04:27 PM
The shadows waver, like the light of a candle in the breeze, but in reverse. The shapes of Pelgof and all those who chose to accompiany him form out of the darkness.

Hmm. Cheerful place.

Saurous
2007-01-27, 04:27 PM
Saurous appears in a burst of black energy.

Okay, so Magtok and Pelgof are here. I just need to wait for the others.

Saurous begins heading towards the tombs.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-27, 04:28 PM
((I guess I have to wait til Pelgof pops in because I'm "riding" with him.))

So what's the game plan?

Lord Magtok
2007-01-27, 04:29 PM
Magtok follows Saurous.

Any chance we'll see combat?

Meynolds
2007-01-27, 04:31 PM
Chance appears suddenly, buried up to his chest in sand. He lifts himself out of it and shakes the sand out of his clothing. He counts his wands and is satisfied to see all of them.

Never fails. It always has to do something strange in terms of location.

He observes his surroundings.

Rather unimpressive out here isn't it?

He follows Saurous.

Saurous
I believe scanning the upper area for a place to enter the dungeon will be the best plan. There is nothing much on the outer area. I can gauruntee a battle.

Xaspian
Pelgof also follows.

Would it be wise to split up and search the area?

Lord Magtok
2007-01-27, 04:32 PM
MAgtok attempts to analyze the area with his ghost-robot eye.

Meynolds
2007-01-27, 04:34 PM
Chance draws his sword and pulls out a wand for his other hand.

He casts True Seeing and looks for doors.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-27, 04:36 PM
((I've got to step out for a bit. Assume that I go with whatever plan is being formulated, and that I use my Anti-matter blast (1d10, no save, no sr) on ranged opponents and my axe on anything that gets too close. I'll try and be back later.))

Saurous
2007-01-27, 04:37 PM
I believe it would.

Magtok's search comes up with mostly empty buildings and corpses. On the far side of the area are a group of Earth Elementals. They appear to be heading towards the group.

The True Seeing finds a door in the basement of a building on the opposite side, leading underground.

Saurous pulls out Yereth'Draco. He searches nearby buildings with Prying Eyes.

Xaspian
2007-01-27, 04:38 PM
Pelgof makes sure his staff is handy, and sticks near the others.

Meynolds
2007-01-27, 04:40 PM
((When something from True Seeing comes up, assume I tell the group.))

Meynolds starts to fly about 5 feet off the ground.

He aims his Ice Storm wand but holds his fire.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-27, 04:42 PM
Magtok points in the direction of the earth elementals.

Stone people approaching from there.

Saurous
2007-01-27, 04:43 PM
Saurous uses Ghostform, floating above the ground. His arms fill with black flame.

Would it be worth out time to dispose of the Elementals? Or should we sneak around them and head straight for the door? They appear to be on the same side of the area, so we're going to have to come near the Elementals eventually.

Meynolds
2007-01-27, 04:45 PM
Saves us time if we destroy them now. If we don't, it will just be harder later.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-27, 04:46 PM
That's what they're called? I wonder if they can be turned to androids. Want me to find out?

Xaspian
2007-01-27, 04:46 PM
I have no idea.

Pelgof draws the shadows towards him, forming a protective shield around his body. He doesn't hover just above the ground.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-27, 04:48 PM
Magtok looks at the others with a sly grin.
So who fires first?

Raistlin1040
Deigrian appears in a teleport
You weren't going to start the party without me were you?

Saurous
Saurous pulls a book out of his bag.

I suggest flying if you are capable. Earth Elementals are not the best at hitting flying targets.

He floats quickly in the direction of the Elementals, Yereth at the ready.

Meynolds
2007-01-27, 04:49 PM
I could fire if you want. Hi Deigrian, no we wouldn't want to do that.

He follows after Saurous, flying higher as he gets closer to the elementals.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 04:50 PM
Anybody need buffs?
He whips out Shrin-tak and hangs it from his side.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-27, 04:52 PM
Magtok flies and soon catches up with Saurous.

They don't seem that tough. I think this could be easily handled by any one person in the group.

Saurous
Pelgof and I can surprise them and begin the battle while the others come shortly afterwards. Chance, use your wands and focus on things that can break stone apart. Magtok...do whatever it is you do. Deigrian, do the same as Magtok.

Magtok's confidence is unfounded. The elemental group consists of 5 Large ones and 1 Elder Elemental.

Xaspian
Pelgof sighs.
Oh, alright, then.

He stabs his staff into the ground, and he floats upwards. Just a bit though.

He also begins to prepare a spell.

Xerillum
2007-01-27, 04:53 PM
Axalyani flies in. I am here.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 04:54 PM
Deigrian casts fly and goes up to Pelgof and Saurous.
So what exactly are we dealing with?

Meynolds
2007-01-27, 04:55 PM
Sure.

He prepares to fire on Saurous's signal.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 04:56 PM
Deigrian lets his emotions hit high and the aura of pure force appears around his spear.

Xaspian
2007-01-27, 04:57 PM
Pelgof waits ready to strike on Saurous' command

Saurous
2007-01-27, 04:57 PM
Saurous begins his spell, floating fairly high above the ground. A fairly small mass of black energy floats before his hands.

Shatter!

The spell flies towards a Large elemental composed mostly of gemstones. Now would be the time for Pelgof to make his move.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-27, 04:58 PM
To Derrigan:Something called an earth elemental.

Magtok holds out a hand and attempts to transform a Large elemental into a robot of the same size and strength.

His claw-arm is fired at the elder elemental, and cuves and spirals in mid-air with an explosive payload, complimented by its many sharp parts.

Xaspian
2007-01-27, 04:59 PM
Pelgof dashes forwards, releasing a charged beam of shadow-formed energy towards the nearest elemental.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 05:00 PM
Deigrian drops to the ground and fires bolts of pure energy at the elementals from his spear.

Meynolds
2007-01-27, 05:03 PM
Don't take all the fun!

Chance launches an Ice Storm at an elemental.

As it travels it forms into several large circular disks, all traveling at different angles.

They fly straight at the elemental. . .

Saurous
2007-01-27, 05:05 PM
Saurous' shatter strikes first, crushing the upper part of the Elementals head. It shouts something in Terran, and collapses to the ground. It stands again, pulling a stone out of the ground and throwing it at Saurous.

The cyborgification fails, but the explosives strike the elder in the chest. The Elemental stumbles backwards, holding it's hand against it's chest. It suddenly sinks into the ground, moving through the ground towards Magtok. He shouldn't know this, but you can exploit the OOC character knowledge :smallbiggrin:.

Pelgof's spell hits, obliterating the nearest elemental. Pelgof was very lucky right there. 1 down, 5 others to go.

The energy strikes one elemental, which stumbles around clumsily for a few minutes. It then attempts to bullrush Deigrian.

The disks strike one elemental in it's unusually huge arm, breaking it into little pieces.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-27, 05:07 PM
Apparently my power won't work on stone. Very well...

Magtok attempts to telekinetically tear the bullrush-er into pieces, oblivious to the elder elemental, and his approach.

Meynolds
2007-01-27, 05:08 PM
Chance launches the spell again, with the same shapes.

The disks head straight for the same elemental (if it still stands) or a different one (if it doesn't). . . .

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 05:08 PM
Yawn. Disintigrate!
Deigrian shoots a disintigratation ray at the bull rushing elemental

Xaspian
2007-01-27, 05:09 PM
Pelgof snatches one of the crystals from a pocket, places it in his mouth, breaking it with his teeth. He begins to summon another ball of shadow.

((He can understand most langauges for the next few minutes)

Saurous
2007-01-27, 05:17 PM
The rock misses Saurous completely. Saurous then sends a Wave of Exhaustion spell at it.

The disks strike the elemental again, in it's leg. It doesn't destroy the leg, but does cause the thing to trip. The elemental then tosses a large rock at Chance. ((Tought little guy, ain't he?))

The bullrusher has a few chunks pulled off from the telekinesis, slowing him down somewhat. The disentegration misses. The stone elemental is now within 2 feet, so you may want to get out of the way.

The Elder appears out of the ground, and Great Cleaves at Magtok's arm.

The last elemental that was about to become a robot now attacks Pelgof.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 05:19 PM
Damn it! Time stop
Deigrian casts time stop and moves behind the elemental and then lets another disintigrate loose.

Xaspian
2007-01-27, 05:21 PM
Pelgof plunges his shadow-engulfed arm into the elemental, and forces the energy outwards explosively. Similtaneously he brings his staff round and strikes the creature's head.

Meynolds
2007-01-27, 05:22 PM
Chance flies to the left, firing off another spell from the same wand. At the same Elemental. Using the same tactic. With the other hand he sheathes his sword and pulls out another wand of Ice Storm, and will cast from that one as well.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-27, 05:25 PM
Magtok notes that the non-ghostly arm, which had exploded earlier, had returned to his body only to be sliced off by the elder.

You dared to attack me, maggot? You don't know who I am, do you? I am Lord Magtok, master of constructs. You are a pebble in comparison.

Magtok attempts to telekinetically tear the elder apart, while a portal opens, and a dozen robo-spiders emerge. They attempt to tear apart the elder with their jaws.

((Unfortunately, I have to go for a while. Sorry.))

Saurous
2007-01-27, 05:36 PM
The Waves don't hurt the elementals much. They falter for a moment and then continue. Saurous decides that fighting from a distance doesn't seem to be doing much. He flies down at full speed towards the crystal elemental, swinging his scythe down at it.

DEATH ATTACK!

He also lets out a Wail of the Banshee, so cover your ears.

The disks hit again, this time in it's chest. They damage the elemental greatly. The ice destroys the elemental, it falling to the ground in a mass of frozen rocks.

The Bullrusher is frozen in time and the disentigrate makes it's mark, shattering the creature's back. It turns, swinging it's huge fist at Deigrian.

Pelgof's spell hits the elemental in it's arm, throwing stones all over. The staff strikes the creature in the head violently, making the creature stumble. The elemental swings it's good arm at Pelgof's head.

The telekinesis rips the Elders right arm apart, and the spiders grip it's body, tearing at the Elder. It swings around, trying to toss the Spiders off. It lets out an order to the others in Terran.

Bretheren! Keep fighting! They must not be allowed into the crypt!

Statuses of the Elementals:
Elder: Fighting Magtok. Dieing
Chance's: Dead. Frozen and shattered.
Crystal: Fighting Saurous. Getting his ass kicked.
Pelgof's: Dead
Pelgof's Second: Fighting Pelgof. Arm destroyed.
Deigrian's: Fighting Deigrain. Damaged Greatly.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 05:38 PM
Deigrian is knocked back
Damn.
His spear glows and he shoots a full power energy shot.

Meynolds
2007-01-27, 05:40 PM
Crypt? That can't be good. . .

Chance launches spells from both of the wands, aiming at whatever elemental is least harmed.

Xaspian
2007-01-27, 05:41 PM
Pelgof ducks down to the ground, and dives into the Elemental's shadow, disappearing.

((He'll come out of another shadow next round))

Saurous
2007-01-27, 05:53 PM
Saurous' attack sends the Elemental recoiling, and the Wail finishes the job. Saurous plucks one of the gems from the elementals body, putting it into his pocket. He then conjures a shadow from a nearby corspe and sends it towards the one attacking Pelgof. His Scythe sends out a Sonic blast at the creature.

Deigrian's attack blows the Elemental backwards, landing on it's back. It rolls around, trying to get back up. It fails, and sinks into the ground, digging forward towards Deigrian.

Chance's spell flies towards the one attacking Deigrian, but merely hit the ground as the creature sinks into it.

The Elder screams, falling onto it's chest. It manages to roll onto it's back, smashing most of the spiders. It collapses.

Statuses:
Elder: Dead
Chance's: Dead
Deigrian: Still fighting
Crystal: Dead
Pelgof's: Dead
Pelgof's Second: Fighting still.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 05:54 PM
Deigrian casts fly and shoots up into the air.

Xaspian
2007-01-27, 05:58 PM
Pelgof leaps out of the shadows, striking the same elemental with his now shadow-wreathed staff once again

Saurous
2007-01-27, 06:05 PM
Between Saurous, The Shadow, and Pelgof, that Elemental just got destroyed. Saurous then flies towards the Elemental fighting Deigrian.

The last elemental pops out of the ground right where Deigrian was standing. It looks up at Deigrian, pulling a large rock out of the ground and throwing it at Deigrian.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 06:06 PM
Deigrian moves out of the way and blasts a polar ray at the elemental.

Meynolds
2007-01-27, 06:07 PM
Chance casts at the last one, careful not to hit Deigrian and Saurous.

Xaspian
2007-01-27, 06:12 PM
Suspecting that those attacks should be enough to destroy it, Pelgof looks at the surroundings, checking that there are no other immediate threats.

Saurous
2007-01-27, 06:14 PM
((Ekrath?))

The polar ray hits, freezing the Elemental in it's tracks. The spells hit, grievously injuring the creature. The Elemental struggles to get free from the ice, swinging violently. Saurous covers his scythe in dark fire, swinging it at the Elemental. The fire strikes the Elemental, destroying it in an inferno of black energy.

Saurous lets out an evil laugh, laughing for several moments. He calms, looking to the others.

Well, that was entertaining. Shall we continue?

Meynolds
2007-01-27, 06:16 PM
Fun indeed. Through the door?

((Dinner, be right back.))

Xaspian
2007-01-27, 06:18 PM
Sounds good to me

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 06:18 PM
((Whoops. Wrong character.))

Lord Magtok
2007-01-27, 06:19 PM
Magtok reawakens, and eyes his fallen opponent wth satisfaction.

Yes. Let us continue.

Saurous
2007-01-27, 06:20 PM
Let us continue then.

Saurous makes a few zombies and skeletons, sending them to search the Elementals' bodies. They come back with several gemstones and valuable metals. Saurous puts them into his bag of holding, and then heads for the door.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 06:20 PM
((Gotta go))
Deigrian looks at the sun.
I must leave. Save me a share of whatever treasure you get. I don't mind a small share though.

Xaspian
2007-01-27, 06:25 PM
((Ah... Me too. Sorry.))

Pelgof nods.
I, also, must take my leave. Perhaps,if my business is concluded quickly enough, I might be able to catch up with you. Otherwise, good luck.

Saurous
2007-01-27, 06:27 PM
((I suppose this can be on hold until more people come back, Good day))

Good Day, Deigrian. Take these.

Saurous tosses Deigrian a chunk of the metal and a few gemstones.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-27, 06:28 PM
((On hold? Then it's my other characters turn to get out and do something! Yay!))

Raistlin1040
2007-01-27, 06:29 PM
Deigrian catches them and stores them in his bag of holding.
I'll be off then.
He teleports out.

((What metal?))

Xaspian
2007-01-27, 06:30 PM
((I'll be back tomorrow. Bedtime over here in England... ))

Pelgof takes his share of loot, and leaves.

Saurous
2007-01-27, 06:30 PM
((The undead found bits of rare metals in the Elementals. That metal))

Meynolds
2007-01-27, 06:48 PM
((So this is on hold until when? Tomorrow?))

Saurous
2007-01-27, 06:49 PM
((Until almost everyone is back. I'm guessing that will be tommorow))

ThorWarriorX
2007-01-27, 07:48 PM
((Hey guys, can I join you? I can't be online for extensive periods, but that wouldn't be much of a problem, would it? ;D but seriously, can I?))

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-27, 08:39 PM
((So the time I finally am able to get back everyone leaves. Oh well. I can be on tomorrow for a little bit, but not too long. I'll be on at about noon local (CST) only for an hour or so. I'll check to see what's going on then.))

Lord Magtok
2007-01-28, 01:30 AM
Magtok's player gets tired of waiting, so Magtok is switched out with a robotic duplicate until everyone gets back.

Xaspian
2007-01-28, 08:09 AM
Pelgof returns, and hangs around waiting for something to happen.

Saurous
2007-01-28, 09:43 AM
((Well, since no one else is here yet, and I am suffering from boredom, I'm gonna move the plot forward some))

The land is silent as the group rushes off for the tombs. As the mages leave or doze off, the rocks that made the Elder shift and roll off towards a building. The rocks float into the air, swirling around. They begin to make a certain shape...the shape of an Earth Elder. Although significantly smaller than it was , it is indeed the Elder that was dead a few moments before. It steps into the building, and says something in Terran.

{Terran}Did we do well, Master?

He speaks to a man clad in dark armor, a hood over his head.

Indeed, you did. Now...

The man pulls the hood off his head, revealing an Elven man with dark brown hair. His eyes glow a deep yellow.

...We shall give them a nasty surprise.

The man suddenly shifts into the ground, deep into the crypts. The Elder follows.

Meynolds
2007-01-28, 09:51 AM
Chance switches wands, holding a wand of Fireball and Darasron.

He looks around the tombs, and his True Seeing should still be active.

Saurous
2007-01-28, 10:00 AM
The area through the door is simply about 120 stairs leading into the tomb. The tomb is made out of sandstone and other kinds of rock. The walls are crumbled in many places, revealing the dirt and rock behind them.

True seeing notices nothing out of the ordinary, except that some of the sandstone used to be other kinds of rock.

Saurous sends a group of Prying Eyes into the tomb to scout ahead.

Xaspian
2007-01-28, 10:08 AM
Pelgof continues slowly down the stairs, not doing much useful in particular.

Meynolds
2007-01-28, 10:24 AM
Chance follows Pelgof down.

Saurous
2007-01-28, 11:46 AM
((The group isn't supposed to know about the elven guy. It happened when they were already out of hearing and seeing range.))

Meynolds
2007-01-28, 11:48 AM
((Sorry about that, Edited.))

Lord Magtok
2007-01-28, 11:51 AM
Magtok returns, and follows Saurous.

Saurous
2007-01-28, 12:05 PM
After descending the stairs, the mages enter a large chamber. The room has a balcony on the opposite side, and many coffins are placed in alcoves on the walls. The floor is split in some spots, and sand is piled underneath. Statues are placed in between each alcove, and seem to be guardians. There are several doors leading to who knows where. 4 to be exact.

Saurous steps down into the room, and several of the eyes float back to him. They relay to him what they discovered. The sand under the floor is apparently quicksand (The dangerous kind). The door in the wall near the entrance leads to more holding chambers for the corpses. The door on the opposite side of the room is a very long corridor leading to a large locked door. The other two doors haven't been checked yet.

Xaspian
2007-01-28, 12:10 PM
Pelgof goes and pokes the sand with his staff, while staying safely on solid floor.

Meynolds
2007-01-28, 12:13 PM
Chance flies over to the balcony, still with True Seeing active.

Saurous
2007-01-28, 12:18 PM
The staff sticks into the sand, and requires quite a bit of strength to pull out.
Saurous walks over to the quicksand, and says...

Let's try this.

He then proceeds to create a zombie, and pushes it into the quicksand. The quicksand envelops him and pulls him under.

On the balcony, there appears to be nothing. True Seeing doesn't pick anything up, except a medium Earth Elemental hiding in the wall behind the balcony. It takes this moment to leap out at Chance.

Meynolds
2007-01-28, 12:23 PM
Chikohk!

He tries to fly backwards and casts a Fireball from his wand.

Xaspian
2007-01-28, 12:31 PM
Pelgof tries to pull the staff out.

Not again...

Saurous
2007-01-28, 12:40 PM
The fireball strikes the creature in it's "face". The creature lets out a yelping noise, but continues forward through thanks to built-up momentum. It swings it's arm towards Chance.

Saurous turns to see the Elemental leaping towards Chance and lets out a Shatter spell.

Shatrok!

Meynolds
2007-01-28, 12:42 PM
Surprised, Chance can't react in time and the arm hits Chance. He flies at the wall while casting from the wand again.

((I'm going skiing, so I won't be online for a while.))

Xaspian
2007-01-28, 12:48 PM
With one great heave, Pelgof manages to get his staff out. As he does, purely by coincidence, it is sheathed in power, and sends a bolt of pure sonic energy hurtling towards the elemental.

((Chance, what kind of energy did it have? The Sapphire one.))

Meynolds
2007-01-28, 12:49 PM
((Pure sonic. Very useful in a weapon.))

Saurous
2007-01-28, 12:56 PM
Saurous' spell strikes the creature in the leg, causing the stones to fall apart. The creature lands on the ground with a loud crash, and stands back up on it's good leg.

The fireball strikes the elemental in it's arm, causing it to stumble around on it's one leg.

The sonic energy strikes the Elemental, sending it skittering across the ground and into the wall. It stands, yanking a smaller statue out of the ground and hurling it at Pelgof and Saurous.

((+1 attack bonus because both Saurous and Pelgof are on the ground. The statue is about...4 feet tall with a diameter of about 3 feet and made out of slate. I sure hope we can dodge that.))

Meynolds
2007-01-28, 12:59 PM
Chance prepares to fire a Fireball at the statue, realizes Saurous and Pelgof aren't immune to fire, and launches the Fireball at the Elemental.

After he casts he hits the wall and falls about 5 feet.

Xaspian
2007-01-28, 01:03 PM
Pelgof waits until the shadow cast by the statue is touching him, and melds into it, disappearing.

((How well lit is the room? If necessary, the shadow was cast from the Fireball's light, perhaps?))

Saurous
2007-01-28, 01:06 PM
((The room is not very well lit, but light enough that you would be capable of reading a book with medium-sized text.))

Saurous, at the last second turns into Ghostform and the statue passes through him, crashing into the wall behind them.

The fireball strikes right on the ridge of the elemental's neck, knocking it to the floor. Chance lands near the elemental. About 6 feet away to be exact. The creature smashes it's fists into the ground, knocking the sandstone bricks in the floor out of place.

Xaspian
2007-01-28, 02:37 PM
((Without a large enough clear shadow, from a bright enough light source, he can't come out here/yet. Also, I have to go for a bit. Back in an hour or so.))

((Back now. Pelgof'll pop up when he can.))

Saurous
2007-01-29, 09:41 AM
The elemental, frozen in time because of the lack of player recognition, takes a moment to reflect.

Why is it that I am created to fight the PCs? Why can't I just be a simple Earth Elemental, living a normal Earth Elemental life? Oh, right, there's no such thing. Does that mean that all NPCs are only meant to be there at the exact moment that the PCs are there? I don't remeber anything before this very moment. I'm only created to fight the PCs? Well, Crap.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-29, 10:16 AM
((Hey, I'm back. I'll be here for the next 8 hours or more.))
Mauril, who has been following discretely for the entire exploration, descends the stairs and enters the large chamber, seeing the battle raging. He looks at Desrik and then readies his axe in his right hand and begins to prepare a spell with his left. ((I'll leave it at that until people get back.))

Saurous
2007-01-29, 10:27 AM
((I wonder if we can start again. 4 out of the 6 people are here. Chance is laying out on the floor while Deigrian isn't even at the ruins anymore))

Xaspian
2007-01-29, 10:31 AM
((Go for it. As I said, Pelgof is looking for a suitable shadow to emerge from. He might have to reappear back outside))

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-29, 10:31 AM
((I don't see why we couldn't keep going. Worst that happens is that we have to go back to HQ, regroup and head back out here. Like any good foe, it may take more than one stab to kill it.))

Saurous
2007-01-29, 10:36 AM
((Alrighty, let's do this.))

The elemental rushes towards Saurous, gliding across the ground. It approaches at high speeds. That's gonna hurt if Saurous doesn't get out of the way or some convoluted plot device doesn't come along. *hint hint*

Saurous looks at the now-moving elemental. He raises his hand, ready to send a spell at the creature. The creature approaches....

...and suddenly dissapears.

Xaspian
2007-01-29, 10:38 AM
Huh? How did-- Oh. A convoluted plot device.

Pelgof murmurs as he searches for a place to reappear.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-29, 10:39 AM
Mauril, with his anti-matter blast almost completed, realizes that there is no longer a foe on which to unleash it ((there is no one else right?)) decides to hold off. He begins to take a step forward, then realizes that the floor is made of deadly quicksand. I think I can fix this. Which door are we wanting to go to next?

Saurous
2007-01-29, 10:40 AM
Um...we could split up and search all four.

Xaspian
2007-01-29, 10:42 AM
Outside, Pelgof emerges from the shadows.

He hurries back to the entrance, and goes back inside.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-29, 10:43 AM
((Aren't there just three of us right now?))
I would recommend that we stick together. Who knows when we will run into another one of those, and not be blessed by a deus ex machina. ((And who will "DM" the adventure if we split up?))

Xaspian
2007-01-29, 10:47 AM
Pelgof climbs down the stairs...

Saurous
2007-01-29, 11:04 AM
((I'm capable of multitasking :smallbiggrin:))

Hmm...perhaps that is for the best. We should investigate a bit more in this room, and then investigate the two doors that the eyes did not investigate. Then we can search the other two.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-29, 11:09 AM
Since this floor is still quicksand ((right?)) and I can't fly over this, I'll have to transmute some of it to sandstone. ((I need solid ground below me to fly.)) Mauril begins to transmute a one foot wide path from the edge of solid ground over to the first unexplored door. He sweats a bit, straining with the effort. If the stuff wasn't so shifty, this would be easier. But then it wouldn't be quicksand, would it?

Saurous
2007-01-29, 11:11 AM
((Only some of the floor is quicksand, where the sandstone floors are cracked or completely gone))

Xaspian
2007-01-29, 11:14 AM
Pelgof finally makes it back into the room

Did I miss anything?

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-29, 11:20 AM
((Ah, then less energy was spent. I was keeping track of my mana usage.))

Saurous
2007-01-29, 11:21 AM
You missed the unveiling of our plan and a deus ex machina.

Saurous walks over to one of the coffins, lifting the lid. Inside, the corpse of some former resident sleeps eternally. Next to the person, a green blade is resting in it's sheath. Saurous reaches for the blade, but stops. He instead revives the person into an undead creature, and then takes the blade.

There. Not only can it not come to life on it's own like every other dead creature, but now we have another undead monster to assist us.

Xaspian
2007-01-29, 11:27 AM
Ah, well. I'm sure I can catch up.

He watches Saurous revive the corpse

Nifty.

Saurous
2007-01-29, 11:30 AM
Yes, that is what is expected when the Arch-Mage is a necromancer.

Saurous inspects the blade, pulling it out it's sheath. As he does so, the blade bathes the room in radiant green light. ((A +4 Brilliant Energy Longsword))

Neat.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-29, 11:34 AM
Mauril walks over to another of the coffins and tries to lift the lid. It is too heavy for him to lift, so he anti-matter blasts the top off. ((What's inside?))

Xaspian
2007-01-29, 11:35 AM
So... You and your friend there take one door, and Mauril and myself the other?

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-29, 11:36 AM
I thought we were sticking together. But I'm up for whatever. Now if only I could see what was in this box. ((Wink wink))

Saurous
2007-01-29, 11:37 AM
Mauril finds no corpse inside, but a light crossbow. I suggest closer examination to check what it really is.

Saurous puts the sword in it's sheath and then into his bag. He then walks over to Mauril.

I wonder where the cadaver went.

He looks over at Pelgof.

I suppose so. But staying together sounds a bit better an idea.

Xaspian
2007-01-29, 11:39 AM
Okay then. I wasn't here at the time...

He goes over and pokes a coffin with his staff.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-29, 11:42 AM
Mauril tries to take a closer look. ((Based off of spot only, Scholomancers have no divination skills))

Saurous
2007-01-29, 11:42 AM
I wonder if I should send a message to Rex and see if he would be able to come here. Since Magtok, Chance, and Deigrian are either unconscious or elsewhere.

Mauril sees a slight magical aura around the crossbow, but otherwise doesn't notice anything else.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-29, 11:46 AM
Can someone give me a hand here. Although I am awesome, my awesomeness is limited. I know this crossbow is more than meets the eye. Well, my eye at least. Someone wanna check this thing out?

Xaspian
2007-01-29, 11:47 AM
Pelgof stops poking the coffin, and goes and inspects Mauril's crossbow

((Some kind of enchantment/magic detection spell thingy. Whatever's appropriate?))

Saurous
2007-01-29, 11:49 AM
((You mean Identify? Or some shadow version of it?))

The spell reveals that the crossbow is, infact, more than meets the eye. No, it's not a Transformer. It is a +1 Thundering Light Crossbow.

Xaspian
2007-01-29, 11:53 AM
((He can use non-shadowy spells, too. In a few lifetimes, he was just ordinary mages. It's just the current one in which he specialises in Ratinas. Yeah, Identify. Sorry, I'm not too great at remembering D&D spells.))

Pelgof tells Mauril what he has discovered.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-29, 11:57 AM
Great. If only I could used it. I guess I'll trade or sell it to someone later. ((Are there any more coffins?))

Xaspian
2007-01-29, 12:01 PM
I have... some experience with crossbows. I'd be willing to trade for it.

He offers a small pouch with half a dozen little crystals in it.

These are a part of a supply my master created. When smashed, they release a spell stored within them.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-29, 12:03 PM
Do you know what spells are in them? I don't want to accidentally cast Mage Armor on an enemy or Magic Missile on a friend, or you guys. Mauril grins.

Xaspian
2007-01-29, 12:08 PM
((What do you want?))

Saurous
2007-01-29, 12:10 PM
((There are two other coffins in the room, the one Pelgof poked, and one near the one Saurous opened.))

Saurous walks over to the coffin near the one he opened. He pulls the lid off, revealing a corpse with a bag in it's hands. Saurous then revives that corpse, and takes the bag. Inside the bag are several pieces of gold, and a small book. He pulls all the items out of the bag.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-29, 12:12 PM
((Well, I can create any elemental effect, I can summon, and I can transmute. So I would like some divination or illusion spells. A teleport would also be nice. Some of your Shadow spells would be good too. We can decide later though.))

Xaspian
2007-01-29, 12:16 PM
((Just decide what they are when you use them, I guess.))
The big one is a teleport. The darker coloured ones are a variety of illusions. The rest are an assortment. If you focus on them, you should be able to tell what they are.

He hands the bag to Mauril.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-29, 12:47 PM
((I can't type in color for some reason. Probably lag from everyone looking at the Oots. I'll use quotes when talking, until color comes back.))
Mauril accepts the bag of gems and hands Pelgof the crossbow. "Thanks. Pel, you wanna grab that last coffin?"

Saurous
2007-01-29, 12:47 PM
Saurous, now sitting ontop of the closed coffin, flips through the book a few times. The text in the book is in some obscure language, but he seems to understand it perfectly.

Nice. A Golem Manual.

He continues to flip through the pages.

Xaspian
2007-01-29, 12:51 PM
Pelgof takes the crossbow

Sure.

He goes back to the coffin, and tries to move the lid.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-29, 12:51 PM
Planning on some Flesh Golems later, Sauros? Mauril goes back to his coffin and taps the bottom of it with the butt of his axe.

((I've got to go for a bit. I'll be back in an hour or so. Boss has me running out to a location real quick. Sorry.))

Saurous
2007-01-29, 12:56 PM
Well, now I am.

He puts the book away in his bag of holding.

The lid shifts, revealing another corpse. Along with the corpse, there is an oak staff and a copper medalion. Closer inspection is required to...yaddah yaddah yaddah.

Xaspian
2007-01-29, 12:58 PM
Pelgof inspects the copper medallion and the oak staff closer

((In that order, if it matters.))

Saurous
2007-01-29, 01:03 PM
The investigation reveals that the medallion is a Medallion of Thoughts. The staff is a Staff of Abjuration.

Saurous walks over to Pelgof, inspecting the loot he just acquired. He also hands Pelgof some of the gold pieces from the coffin before.

Xaspian
2007-01-29, 01:05 PM
Pelgof shows the loot to Saurous, and accepts the gold.

((I've got to go for a bit, too. Postpone for an hour or so, until enough people are back?))

Saurous
2007-01-29, 01:06 PM
((Aye. That I will))

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-30, 09:25 AM
((Okay, so bascially giantitp was down from the time I got back from on site until I left last night. Sorry. I should be here all day, barring any emergencies.))

Saurous
2007-01-30, 05:39 PM
Saurous pulls Yereth, placing it in it's place on his back. He puts everything else away.

Now then, shall we continue?

((Let's kick some elemental and undead hind end! I mean... investigate some ruins?))

Meynolds
2007-01-30, 05:44 PM
Chance catches up.

Aye.

((Undead? *Checks for some cleric wands*. Ready!))

Saurous
2007-01-30, 05:46 PM
((...I click "Submit Reply" and everyone else other than Meynolds leave? Well, dang))

Meynolds
2007-01-30, 05:48 PM
((Well, duh! When else would people leave?))

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-30, 06:01 PM
((I've been chilling here for the last 9 hours. Sadly now I have to go.))

Saurous
2007-01-30, 06:26 PM
((Well, I'm ready, and anyone else who's ready can come along.))

Saurous begins walking towards the un-investigated door nearest the door.

Xaspian
2007-01-30, 06:29 PM
Pelgof magically loads the crossbow with a shadow-crafted bolt and follows.

Saurous
2007-01-30, 06:45 PM
Saurous steps into the hallway, looking at the walls. The corridor is mostly bare, except for several inscriptions on the walls. Saurous moves silently, sticking to the walls. ((He didn't take those levels in Assasin for nothing.))

Watch for traps and anything suspicious. I'd prefer not to be caught off guard.

Xaspian
2007-01-30, 06:48 PM
Pelgof follows cautiously, and looks at the inscriptions.

Meynolds
2007-01-30, 06:52 PM
Chance follows both of them, flying to avoid traps on the ground, yet watching for anything else.

Saurous
2007-01-30, 06:57 PM
The end of the hallway cannot be seen, blocked by blackness. As the party advances, the darkness does not dissipate. Saurous eyes it suspiciously.

Magical darkness? Or something else?

Saurous continues walking, yet pulls out the Brilliant Energy blade. He holds it up towards the darkness. The darkness stays.

Okay, so it's definately not normal darkness.

Xaspian
2007-01-30, 07:03 PM
Pelgof looks up from the inscriptions, and walks over to the darkness. He tries to draw shadow energy from it, if only to see what happens.

((I assume the inscriptions were unreadable or meaningless?))

Meynolds
2007-01-30, 07:07 PM
((I'd cast a magic missile at the Darkness to be funny, but no.))

Chance casts dispel after Pelgof finishes what he's doing.

Saurous
2007-01-30, 07:14 PM
The shadows shift as Pelgof pulls at them. They shift forward some, and then fall back into place.

Chances Dispel makes the darkness dissapear. It doesn't look like it's going to stay that way for long, but we might as well use it while it lasts.

Saurous moves quickly towards the end of the hallway, staying towards the side still.

Xaspian
2007-01-30, 07:23 PM
Pelgof follows, carefully.

Meynolds
2007-01-30, 07:26 PM
Chance follows, in the same manner as before.

Saurous
2007-01-30, 07:42 PM
The end of the hallway opens to a large room. Stairs lead down into the room. There is no exit on the opposite side, well, not one that was in the original design. A large hole is blown in the opposite wall. The room is perfectly round, with a sandstone path down the center of it leading from the hallway exit. On either side of the path is sand, presumably quicksand. On the left side of the path is a very large alcove. Inside the alcove sits several open holy books, and a statue honoring Jascar, Lesser God of the Hills and Mountains. Next to the statue is another, this honoring Fortubo, Lesser god of stone and metals. Large incense sticks and burners lay on opposite sides of each other. Behind all of this is a massive diamond-shaped eye, glowing yellow.

Hmm...a worship chamber. So, maybe this wasn't just a tomb. I also do not like the look of the eye.

Saurous begins preparing Detect Scrying.

Meynolds
2007-01-30, 07:43 PM
Chance casts detect magic on the statues, books, and eye.

Saurous
2007-01-30, 07:56 PM
Saurous' search reveals that the eye is indeed a scrying device. He was unable to find exactly WHAT kind of scrying device it was, but it is a scrying device.

I suggest we avoid the eye. It appears to be a scrying device. Although, it could be anywhere from a trap trigger to a device used to monitor this area.

Chance's search uncovers that the books, eye, and statues are all magical.

Meynolds
2007-01-30, 08:00 PM
((He's not mentioning that the books are magical.))

All the statues are magical.

He goes to the books to look them over, trying to read whatever page is visible.

Xaspian
2007-01-30, 08:01 PM
If needed, I may be able to... decieve the eye. If it relies solely on vision, I can recreate the image of this room in front of it, obscuring us. But if it has other senses, It may be more difficult...

Saurous
2007-01-30, 08:03 PM
The book reads in a strange text. It mentions something about that the Earth and the stones are the basis of all things and yaddah yaddah yaddah. As Chance walks over to the alcove, the eye pulses red. Nothing else is heard, except for Saurous shouting:

Chance! Look out!

((When I said behind it, I meant "sitting right behind it". Meaning anything standing at the altar is seen by the eye))

Xaspian
2007-01-30, 08:08 PM
Pelgof hears Saurous' shout, and releases the illusion spell, presenting any visual input the eye has with the sight of the room as it was when empty.

((It was cast before he had time to properly analyse the surroundings, so will be imperfect. If it matters.))

Meynolds
2007-01-30, 08:09 PM
Chance flies back. . .

. . . And vanishes.

Saurous
2007-01-30, 08:14 PM
The eye shifts slightly, changing back to it's standard yellow. It appears that whatever the eyes purpose was, it was not activated.

Saurous steps down into the chamber, walking over to Chance.

I suggest that when I say that an obvious device sitting out in the open is a divination object, you don't walk right out in front of it. Who knows, it could have been an alarm, or it could have dropped all the bricks in the cieling on top of us, or...

Saurous notices runes on the wall opposite the wall. He also notices a grate in the cieling. It has burn marks on it.

Lit us on fire or summoned something...

Saurous looks at where Chance was standing a few moments ago.

Aye. That figures.

Meynolds
2007-01-30, 08:15 PM
((He vanished. He's not here right now.))

Lord Magtok
2007-01-30, 08:16 PM
((I haven't been on regularly enough, so...))

Magtok opens up a portal, sensing a more important thing going on elsewhere during some other time period. He leaves.

Xaspian
2007-01-30, 08:17 PM
Umm...Now what?

Saurous
2007-01-30, 08:18 PM
Good question.

((Where did Chance vanish to? I'd like to know what happened so I can plan something.))

Meynolds
2007-01-30, 08:20 PM
((He's using wands for offense, expect him to have lots of defensive spells handy.))

About 16.343 seconds later Chance reappears upside down next to Saurous.

Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion in case you were wondering.

He falls, but doesn't hit the ground, righting himself.

You were saying?

Xaspian
2007-01-30, 08:24 PM
Given time, I may be able to create an illusion strong enough to fully decieve the eye. But will it be worth it?

Saurous
2007-01-30, 08:32 PM
If we are capable of manipulating it's vision for enough time to investigate the room further, that would be fine. The eye only seems to respond to sight, so an illusion that just replicates the vision long enough for use to investigate is sufficient

((Saurous is known for repeating himself several times occasionally.))

Xaspian
2007-01-30, 08:35 PM
Very well. Just give me a minute...

Now having been in the room long enough, after a short time, he casts the spell.

There. Do what you have to. I can't move around while maintaining an illusion of this size.

Meynolds
2007-01-30, 08:38 PM
I'm going to have a closer look at those books now. After I do this.

He sends a Persistent Image of himself to the eye, just to see if the illusion works. He sets it to circle around the statue.

If it does, he goes and examines the books further.

Saurous
2007-01-30, 08:51 PM
The eye remains calm, looking straight ahead.

((I apologize, but I must be taking leave. Good night.))

Meynolds
2007-01-30, 08:52 PM
((I must go as well. NPC me until I get back.))

Chance looks over the books again.

Xaspian
2007-01-30, 08:53 PM
Pelgof stands there, holding the illusion steady.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-31, 09:54 AM
((Good morning all. I'll try to check in to see when people start back. Barring any emergencies, I should be here for the next 8 hours.))
Mauril (who apparently has narcolepsy) wakes up and, seeing that everyone is gone, decides to head to the open door. He steps in and sees Chance floating, Sauros looking a bit indignant at Chance and Pelgof maintaining a spell. Mauril begins to inform the others of this presesnce, then sees the scrying device as an intensely magical eye ((he has pretty much automatic detect magic)) and decides it may be better to say nothing. Desrik, his imp, casts invisibility on them both and they step into the room.
((By the way, what level are we playing at? I need to know how much mana and what abilities I'm supposed to have for my class.))

Saurous
2007-01-31, 03:44 PM
((I'm back! I don't know exactly what level we are playing at, but somewhere between 12 and 18))

Saurous opens his eyes, just now noticing that he had fallen asleep. He walks over to the alcove, avoiding the eye even though it is blocked via the illusion. He looks down into one of the books.

Well, apparently this society of people reveered the Earth and stone as the most powerful elements of the world. That would explain the masses of Earth Elementals.

He heads toward the hole that had been blasted in the wall.

Hmm...who would like to help me investigate this?

He looks back, noticing Mauril's imp casting it's spell.

Mauril, that is not required. The eye is blocked and cannot notice us as long as Pelgof maintains his illusion.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-31, 03:47 PM
Huh? Turns invisible. Well, now I can't waste it. Maybe this will be a good thing. What do you need me to do? Mauril and the imp advance, which is evidenced only by the sound of soft footfalls and the occasional puff of dust.

Meynolds
2007-01-31, 03:48 PM
Should I take the books or leave the there?

He continues hovering near the books.

Saurous
2007-01-31, 03:51 PM
We can, hopefully, return for the books. This makeshift tunnel doesn't appear to go in very deep, and it looks like it has a dead end.

Saurous shifts into his ghostform. He begins floating towards the hole.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-31, 04:00 PM
Nothing has a dead end if you don't want it to. Mauril winks, but realizes that no one can see that, so he heads off to the tunnel as well.

Meynolds
2007-01-31, 04:06 PM
Chance follows after Saurous, watching for traps.

Saurous
2007-01-31, 04:11 PM
No traps have been set up around the hole or in the tunnel. The tunnel appears to have been created recently, within the past few days or weeks. The tunnel's walls are composed mostly of dark, thick dirt. Upon entering the tunnel, you can actually see the end. It is more or less of a cave rather than a tunnel.

Saurous continues moving through the tunnel.

Wait, I see someone up ahead.

He moves towards whoever-or whatever-is there.

Xaspian
2007-01-31, 04:12 PM
Pelgof calls after them

Do you still need me to hold the illusion?

((i.e. can the eye see down where you've gone?))

Saurous
2007-01-31, 04:14 PM
Do you have enough energy to replace it? This tunnel's end is in sight, so we will not be long.

((The tunnel entrance is on the opposite side of the hallway entrance. The eye faces across the pathway across the room from the hallway to the tunnel. It cannot move, thus it cannot see us if we move out of it's field of vision. Also, I shall be back in a little while. I hate haircuts))

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-31, 04:16 PM
Can't we just place a smaller illusion in front of the eye, rather than blanketing the whole room? That would be a lot less strain.

Xaspian
2007-01-31, 04:21 PM
Right. I can create a short one to cover just this part of the room.

He shapes the illusion, and, satisfied that it will hold, follows the others.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-31, 05:18 PM
((I'm gone in an hour or so. I'll try to wait as long as I can.))

Saurous
2007-01-31, 05:53 PM
((Okay, now that my hair is shorter than I actually wanted it.))

As the party goes further into the tunnel, they come to the end. One creature is living in the tunnel. The Earth Elemental from earlier. He is floating off the ground, with magical clamps around it's wrists and it's ankles.

Saurous walks up to the creature, making sure to be out of sight.

It doesn't look like it can hurt us. Maybe it could help us. Earth Elementals don't usually take sides.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-31, 05:56 PM
Nor do they speak common. Mauril, still invisible, appraches nearer to the elemental.

Saurous
2007-01-31, 05:57 PM
There's a nice little spell that I know. Called "Tongues". Have ya heard of it?

Saurous then proceeds to cast said spell.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-31, 06:00 PM
I'm not in to your "new fangled" divination magic. Transmutation, Abjuration, Evocation and a bit of Conjuration do me just fine.

Saurous
2007-01-31, 06:06 PM
I agree with you about Conjuration and Evocation.

Saurous floats over to the elemental, speaking in Tongues.

You. Yes, you. Elemental. I need you to help us.

The elemental looks up at him, speaking in Terran.

What do you need?

Tell us more about the crypts. And why you attacked us earlier.

The elementals here are simply the guardians of the tombs. Well, we were until that Conjurer came along.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-31, 06:08 PM
((We can't understand this, right?))
Mauril, still invisible, starts to search around the shaft for anything unusual ((he has a "detect magic" aura)), searching more thoroughly at anything that catches his eye. Desrik, the imp, does the same.

Saurous
2007-01-31, 06:12 PM
((No one that can't undestand Terran at the moment doesn't know what he just said. They just hear babbling))

Nothing important is really in the tunnel, except for a glowing gem sitting in the cieling above. It glows a yellow color.

Saurous continues his conversation.

"Conjurer"? Do you know what his name was?

He never told us his exact name, but he calls himself Reh'san

R-re-Reh'san?

Saurous stumbles, er, floats backwards, shock on his face.

Great...

Meynolds
2007-01-31, 06:14 PM
((Chance speaks the elemental languages, so no problems for him.))

What is is Saurous? Who is this Reh'san?

Xaspian
2007-01-31, 06:14 PM
Pelgof sees Saurous' shock

You recognise the name?

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-31, 06:15 PM
((Is the gem magical?)) If them gem reads magic, Mauril leaves it alone. If it doesn't, he takes it and puts it in his pouch.

((I really should speak elemental, I'm a freaking elementalist, but I don't. Hmm, I'll have to remedy that later.))

Saurous
2007-01-31, 06:16 PM
You could say he's an...old friend of mine. If you count "crazed father" as an old friend.

((Please try to avoid "I am your father" jokes.))

The gem is magical.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-31, 06:17 PM
Pel, you got any identifies left? Mauril is still invisible. How about you Chance?

Xaspian
2007-01-31, 06:19 PM
Crazed, you say? Is it appropriate to ask if it runs in the family?

He turns to where he thinks Mauril is
I could try. I'm rather drained after that big illusion back there, but... Well. If I knew where you were...

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-31, 06:20 PM
((You can't read the stuff in blue unless you speak Terran.))

Meynolds
2007-01-31, 06:20 PM
((Bold more properly, I am speaking that way too.))

Crazed father? I could make a few jokes now, like that the gene has passed on and such, but I think I'll refrain. Assuming of course that he his your father, are you sure you want to go on? Even if he's not I've seen some absolutely insane spellcasters who could blow you to pieces without a thought.

Chance casts a quick Identify, from a wand, on the gem.

Saurous
2007-01-31, 06:30 PM
It doesn't run in the family. So, enough with the jokes. I'm the most sane creature in existance compared to him. I can continue, I've been wanting to teach him what a real spellcaster can do. The only thing I don't understand is, how is he still alive? I saw those Necromancers destroy him. I hope it isn't something cliched, like, "He's come back from the dead to inact his revenge".

The gem is a Gem of Seeing.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-31, 06:33 PM
((Woot! Now remind me again exactly what it does.))
Mauril takes the gem and places it in the same bag as the other gems that Pelgof gave him earlier.

Saurous
2007-01-31, 06:36 PM
((When looking through it, you see as if you had been looking through a True Seeing spell. It can be used for a total of thirty minutes a day))

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-31, 06:38 PM
((Woot again.))
Mauril again walks over near the group speaking to the elemental, but does nothing.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-01-31, 07:12 PM
((I gotta split. It's 6:15 and I'm supposed to leave work at 6. I'll be back at 8:30 am.))

Saurous
2007-01-31, 07:22 PM
((Hopefully it snows here so I can miss classes tommorow. *Does a dance to the Snow gods. Then sacrifices a ferret*))

Wait, you are actually going to fight Reh'san? Well, if you are, look in that box over there.

He gestures towards a table sitting over in the corner of the makeshift cave. It seems to appear out of nowhere. A small box sits atop it.

A box? Ah...before we leave, what reasons did you have to attack us? Other than guarding the tombs?

I was trying to warn you!

And you tried to tackle Chance because...

Traditional Earth Elemental greeting.

Saurous then walks over to the table, picking up the box. He pulls out it's contents, two small decks of cards.

Are these what I think they are?

He pulls out the first card, throwing it onto the ground. An illusion of Saurous comes from the card, except for the fact it is of the opposite gender.

...Yeah, Decks of Illusions...I thought so.

Saurous picks the card up again, shuffling it back into the decks.

Meynolds
2007-01-31, 08:21 PM
((Snow gods, hear my cry!))

Sorry 'bout that. Instinct tends to take over in situations like that.

Xaspian
2007-01-31, 08:56 PM
Slightly disturbed by the sight of a gender-reversed Saurous, Pelgof approaches him.

Once we get back to the guild, would you object if I studied the cards?

Saurous
2007-02-01, 07:33 AM
((It hasn't even snowed yet and they closed school anyway. The superintendent is a loony))

I do not mind. They are very different than other Illusion Decks I've seen. Watch.

Saurous throws down the same card he threw down a few moments before. The illusion comes up again.

They work more than once.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-02-01, 09:41 AM
((I'm back. I've got to be in the office all day, but I don't expect us to be busy.))
Are both decks the same? Mauril, who is still invisible, has wandered about the small chamber. He goes over to the newly discovered chest and begins to poke at it with the butt of his axe, checking for a false bottom or anything of the like.

Saurous
2007-02-01, 09:49 AM
Saurous flips through the first deck, and then through the second.

They appear to not be exactly the same. This deck...

He holds up a deck with a red, playing-card-like back.

...has playing cards, while the other one...

He holds up the second deck.

...has tarot cards. From what I know, the decks should function exactly the same though.

The bottom of the box sounds hollow, and, upon applying pressure, snaps open, revealing two objects. One is a small iron flask while the other is a gem. The gem lets off a huge burst of red light.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-02-01, 10:07 AM
Mauril is surprised by the sudden light. GAH! The shock quickly wears off, and Mauril goes back to looking at the contents of the chest's hidden compartment. ((Obviously Mauril sees that the gem is magical, but what of the flask?))

Saurous
2007-02-01, 10:10 AM
The flask looks like just that, a flask for water, or some other liquid. However, it could be magical, if Scholomancers could use divination, Mauril could probably tell.

Saurous, still looking over the Illusion deck, is surprised to see a burst of light come from the bottom of the box. He then walks over to Mauril.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-02-01, 10:36 AM
((I don't think I'm still invisible. Have we gone 15 minutes since I walked into the room with the eye?))
Mauril, knowing better than to touch things that are magical and unidentified, decides to use the imp to Detect Magic on the flask. He is intrigued by the glowing gem.

Saurous
2007-02-01, 10:48 AM
The imp reveals that the flask is indeed magical. The iron flask gives off a strong aura of magic. The gem's aura is all but overwhelming.

Saurous gazes at the gem, wondering what exactly it is. As he looks into the gem, an image of his father appears on it, and where he is. Saurous jumps back in surprise. Reh'san's voice comes from the gem, but it doesn't sound like he is speaking at the group. They sound like his thoughts.

Wow...it's basically a Mental Prowess mirror only in gem form.

He lifts the gem out of the box and gazes through it.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-02-01, 11:16 AM
I found that. You can use it, but I claim it. Speaks the void. ((Mauril is still invisibile for the next 2 posts.)) Mauril pulls out a gem of Identify and crushes it to identify the properties of the flask.

Saurous
2007-02-01, 11:23 AM
The identification reveals that the flask is the Iron Flask. When used with a command word, the wielder can force a creature from another plane through the flask. The command word can be used once a day, and the creature summoned can work for one hour.

Saurous continues to look through the gem.

Ctrazt.

The gem then shows an image of Trog's tavern. It focuses on a pale Ulitharid sitting at a table, flinging random objects around. Saurous then hands the gem to Mauril.

This could be useful later.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-02-01, 11:34 AM
I'll bet. I can't wait to see what I can squeeze out of this Flask.

Are we done here? Is it time now to go fight for justice or vengeance or whatever we are doing? ((Or should we wait for the others to get online, which is usually sometime after my lunch.))

Saurous
2007-02-01, 11:36 AM
We're "researching". Which is just an excuse to loot and pillage places. And find magical artifacts and powerful new abilities that we can use to further evil. So, just another day of "researching".

((It would be best to wait for Xaspian and Meynolds. Two people does not an adventuring party make))

Mauril Everleaf
2007-02-01, 11:39 AM
((Well, not a good adventuring part, at least.))

Mauril Everleaf
2007-02-01, 04:35 PM
((Ironically everyone but Sauros is on and we can't go without him....unless he is hiding, then we should all just start up.))

Meynolds
2007-02-01, 04:37 PM
Chance shrugs, not caring for discussions about morality.

Xaspian
2007-02-01, 04:38 PM
Pelgof stands around, waiting for someone to do something interesting.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-02-01, 04:40 PM
((The earth elemental is still around, right?))
Mauril begins to cast Transmute Earth on the earth elemental, slowly turning all of the rock and earth of the creature into dust. He then collects some of the dust in a small pouch. For later use.

Saurous
2007-02-01, 05:39 PM
Well, I was going to ask him a few more questions, but I suppose turning him to dust will do.

Saurous begins heading out of the cavern.

Xaspian
2007-02-01, 05:40 PM
Pelgof follows, checking that his illusion is still in place in the previous room

((That's where we're going, right?))

Mauril Everleaf
2007-02-01, 05:43 PM
If we need him back, I can recreate him later. That's why I kept the dust. He will be under my control for a short while as well, but then I'll lose him.
Mauril begins to head back into the room with the eye.

Saurous
2007-02-01, 05:44 PM
((There's no where else to go, unless you decide to create your own makeshift tunnel))

Saurous walks through the religious chamber, picking one of the books up off the alcove. He continues walking.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-02-01, 05:45 PM
((We still have at least one more unexplored door, right?))

Saurous
2007-02-01, 05:46 PM
((Yes, then we have a large locked door and another coffin chamber, but we can ignore the coffins for the moment))

Mauril Everleaf
2007-02-01, 05:48 PM
((And the door, if you get my drift. If you don't, I can disentigrate things made of stone or earth material.))

Xaspian
2007-02-01, 05:49 PM
Pelgof follows Saurous.

((Would the darkness have returned yet?))

Saurous
2007-02-01, 05:51 PM
The room seems vastly darker than it was several moments before, but one can still see across the room.

Saurous reaches the opposite side of the chamber, looking out into the hallway. He stops suddenly.

Mauril Everleaf
2007-02-01, 05:52 PM
Mauril enters the room and heads over to the door to the ((insert appropriate direction for the unexplored area)) and has his imp detect magic on the door and the area surrounding to check for magical traps.

Xaspian
2007-02-01, 05:53 PM
Pelgof nearly bumps into Saurous, and tries to look to see.

What is it?

Saurous
2007-02-01, 05:56 PM
GET DOWN!

Saurous leaps backwards, pushing Pelgof and anyone standing behind Pelgof down with him, just as a Huge Earth Elemental leaps over them, crashing into the floor behind them.

((Just for the notice, we are still in the chamber with the eye.))