PDA

View Full Version : Weird Friday Question

GutterFace
2014-02-07, 04:25 PM
Just for clarification...

if your Charging on a mount with your Horned Harbinger and have Spirited Charge

is the damage quadrupled? does the double charge damage from both sources stack?

as a DM would you allow someone to charge and hit people with your horned head?

zephyrkinetic
2014-02-07, 04:34 PM
Just for clarification...

if your Charging on a mount with your Horned Harbinger and have Spirited Charge

is the damage quadrupled? does the double charge damage from both sources stack?

as a DM would you allow someone to charge and hit people with your horned head?

I may have misremembered what those both do, but I think you're asking if your character's horn attack can stack with your mount's. If I'm wrong, disregard this:
I wouldn't let it stack unless you were attacking something very large. Two sizes larger than your mount should do it. But you'd have to make a ride check not to effectively crash and fall over.

You could attack with your horn instead, provided you have the Ride By Attack feat and you take a Ride check (or another feat, if one exists) to hang off the side of your mount.

nedz
2014-02-07, 05:27 PM
Even if they do stack the damage would be tripled not quadrupled.

Rules here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/combatStatistics.htm#multiplyingDamage)

Zweisteine
2014-02-07, 05:46 PM
From the previous posts' link:

Sometimes you multiply damage by some factor, such as on a critical hit. Roll the damage (with all modifiers) multiple times and total the results. Note: When you multiply damage more than once, each multiplier works off the original, unmultiplied damage.

To clarify, this effectively means that, for each additional multiplier, subtract one from the multiplier. (Or subtract one from all of the multipliers, then add one.)

If you would have multipliers of x3 and x4, you would get a total of x6, because 3+(4-1) is 6.