PDA

View Full Version : Nexus [Nexus] Vecchio Come Palle Opera House

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-07, 04:40 PM
In the Blue Zone of Inside, on a corner, is an old, but beautiful building. It has that sort of aged beauty that historical societies try to maintain, that 'hasn't been repainted in decades because we're lazy but we'll say it's because the cracks and chips ad charm' look.

The sign is new, though, a big fluorescent red bunch of letters that reads

OPERA HOUSE
as if the building could be mistaken for anything else.

The posters are new, too, inch upon inch of sticky paper plastered over each other, those on the bottom dating back farther than anyone can remember.

Inside is a different story, everything has been refurbished, at least in the public areas. The record room and back stage have never been cleaned, and the catacombs beneath rediscovered, but the seating and kitchens are redone with gleaming metal, shining tiles, and plush brown seats and red carpets. The stage is expansive, always decorated differently, and stands in front of countless seats and-for those who can afford them-balconies.

Rumours abound of phantoms, spider-folk, and mushroom devils emerging from the catacombs, but ignore that rubbish! Oh? What's that? What owl infestation, there are no owls here hahahahahahaahahaha get out.

Director Tallfellow-Aged and nervous germaphobic vampire, manages the paperwork and marketing on his own now that Fonzetti's gone.

Chef Dovksy-Time traveling cossack with expert cooking skills. Do not question Dovsky! Soup is healthy, very sanitation! Stop of question!

Valets, Ushers, and Stage Crew-Over worked, underpaid, and god moddable.

Hiring open for PCs

Current Events: Salary Scalia will be performing 'Quiesce in Igne', and several important attendants will be in the audience. Rumours abound of well dressed assassins, and many audience members are hiring guards...

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-07, 05:32 PM
Everything is hustle and bustle tonight, and everyone is busy. It's the grand reopening of the opera house, and tonight's performance will be the famed 'Quiesce in Ignis' by Salary Scalia. To top it all off, several very imporant people will be in the audience, including the infamously picky and easy to bore critic, Lady Betilda!

Director Tallfellow has worried himself anemic, pacing backing and forth and rubbing his boney hands raw. A dress code has been put in place, and even Chef Dovsky is wearing his nicest mothbitten dinner jacket. Decorations abound, as cheap and gimmicky as they can be, and a few thugs have been hired on as guards, watching carefully as ushers check tickets at the door.

Catacombs

Down here, where cobwebs make forests and decorations are gone and forgotten, it's easy for someone to get lost...

Or to hide.

A small cult has snuck in through here, just as prepared and anxious for tonight as the theatre staff, but for different reasons. The blood of some of Inside's richest people would make a fine sacrifice, indeed...

Waterways

And only a few damp, dangerously worn down hewn stone walls away, Jesse pulls himself up and out of the sewers, stripping out of a doubtlessly stolen diving suit and smoothing out the tuxedo beneath in a manner all too reminiscent of James Bond.

"I hate public gigs."

Duck999
2014-02-07, 05:36 PM
Mr. Sassafras, assistant director, can be seen bossing people around. He is sassing everyone in earshot. If anyone says anything irrelevant or annoying to him, he usually says
I don't need your sass!

Taet
2014-02-07, 06:07 PM
"This is your idea of being daring." Lady Betilda has already found something wrong with someone. :smallannoyed:

"No shirt, no shoes, no service? I have not seen the sign here." :smallamused: Boniface Childecrowne has worn his best and oldest suit. He tore the shirt sixty years ago but did not bother to replace it.

She looks down her nose at his bald spot. "A figured jacket does not go with a bare chest, Bon-Bon."

"No sign, my lady. And the shoes are a waste with such a carpet here." He steps out of his shoes and stretches his toes in the carpet. "It is lovely. Do try it."

She does. And stop the presses! She smiles. :smalltongue:

But did she smile because she liked it? Or did she smile because he bit her when she was watching her shoes and not his fangs?

Duck999
2014-02-07, 06:16 PM
"This is your idea of being daring." Lady Betilda has already found something wrong with someone. :smallannoyed:

"No shirt, no shoes, no service? I have not seen the sign here." :smallamused: Boniface Childecrowne has worn his best and oldest suit. He tore the shirt sixty years ago but did not bother to replace it.

She looks down her nose at his bald spot. "A figured jacket does not go with a bare chest, Bon-Bon."

"No sign, my lady. And the shoes are a waste with such a carpet here." He steps out of his shoes and stretches his toes in the carpet. "It is lovely. Do try it."

She does. And stop the presses! She smiles. :smalltongue:

But did she smile because she liked it? Or did she smile because he bit her when she was watching her shoes and not his fangs?

Mr. Sassafras sees Boniface, but not the biting. He runs over. What are you doing here? The show has not yet started, and there is work to be done. GO DO SOMETHING! Mr. Sassafras lives up to the expectations that he is ummmm, annoying, to say the least. He doesn't even care who works at the theater, as long as everything gets done.

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-07, 06:19 PM
Upper Boxes

Betilda sighs as she is bitten. Being slightly round, she's not the usual vampire's target, but it just goes to show that some women wear their weight very well.

Boniface may want to be careful, though. It's a crowded theatre, and who knows when the rest of her entourage will return to the balcony with refreshments?

Beans
2014-02-07, 06:38 PM
[Orchestra Pit]
Milly looks really quite good in a tux (her fourth late spouse was a fantastic seamstress), as befits a harpist. Of course, the cut-down goose rifle and double-barreled canister gun hidden in her harp case aren't exactly usual orchestra fare.
She makes her cover story work, though, by actually being a pretty damn good harpist. Thank you, first wife, rest in pieces.
Milly's glossy eyes scan the stage; her position is the best possible one to fire from in the pit, and she'll need it to take out Salary... getting her heart probably won't be possible, unfortunately.

Baeleck
2014-02-07, 06:49 PM
[Kitchen]

Just as with everywhere else in the Opera House, the kitchens are a bustle of activity. Chefs and serving staff mingle as they send meals out to the restaurant-goers, who are enjoying a splendid meal ahead of the show.

In the back corner, teetering towers of dirty dishes lean lazily against similarly shaky stacks of pots and pans. Tasked with washing them is young Gavin Meridrew, the resident kitchen dogsbody. His whites are brown with grease stains, the sleeves rolled up to reveal bony arms, the skin grey with dirt or malnutrition. Or both.

He's currently emptying the sink of yet another load of filthy water. Though not much seems to be happening...

The exhausted boy sighs heavily and runs a dirtied hand through his mess of dirtied auburn hair. They he leans close to the water, nose wrinkling at the smell. 'Aw, poor Sink. Sweetie... did you get something stuck in your throat?' he whispers. 'Let Gavin get it out for you...'

Yeah, Gavin might be a tad deluded.

The lad reaches into the swirling brown murk of water until elbow-deep, searching for the source of the blockage. With care, he drags a fetid blob of... fetid blobby stuff out of the sink, and drops it into the bin with a 'flump' sound.

The drain gives a happy gurgle. Gavin's mouth twitches at the corners - as much of a smile as he can muster. He looks exhausted... though that's nothing new.

Taet
2014-02-07, 06:54 PM
Mr. Sassafras sees Boniface, but not the biting. He runs over. What are you doing here? The show has not yet started, and there is work to be done. GO DO SOMETHING! Mr. Sassafras lives up to the expectations that he is ummmm, annoying, to say the least.
Upper Boxes

Boniface drops her hand and hides that he is annoyed. That was not three whole mouthfuls. "Lady Betilda. The man says we must go and do something. With shoes on I will guess." He steps back into them and bows and walks to the nearby service stairs.

She comes back to normal quick. "Lipstick, Bon-Bon?" she shouts after him. "Red? Have you no shame?"

Up in the Rafters because That is Always Where These Things Start Anyway

"Owls. I hope someone knows the good I do for them."

His eyes glow red in the dark. Any normal animal up here can know and understand and obey him. "Come out!"

Duck999
2014-02-07, 07:09 PM
Upper boxes-wherever there is work to be done

Mr. Sassafras, satisfied that no one is being useless (well as satisfied as he can get), heads dowon again. He goes back to his routine of yelling at people to get work done. There are a lot of important people going to be here, and he wants this clean for all of them.

Arkhosia
2014-02-07, 08:14 PM
Orchestra Pit

Thalia, AKA "Tempest", arrives, carrying a Cello case, in a new tuxedo she bought recently. Her vulpine ears are adorned with earplugs, and her hands clad in black gloves. She appears to be missing her left pinky. A jagged scar is on her left cheek.
Her eyes glance around nervously every so often, and a very good observer may be able to infer that she has PTSD, GAD, or some similar mental disorder.

Box

Boniface is joined by a tall, curvy drow woman with long platinum hair tied in a bun wearing a long purple dress.
Good place for an opera.

Beans
2014-02-07, 08:57 PM
[Orchestra Pit]
Milly notices Thalia, but doesn't react---she's not necessarily a threat, after all. She is someone to be kept under notice, though...

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-07, 10:05 PM
Sassafras

Ushers, stage crew, and even Director Tallfellow make sure to stay out of Sass's way, though many are not fortunate enough to avoid an ear chewing.

Boxes

Betilda and her entourage move to their premium box, snubbing their noses at Boniface as he attempts to tame the recalcitrant owls that cower in the rafters from his unnatural personage.

Orchestra pit

The conductor hasn't arrived yet, but his assistant leads the bands through their paces, tuning the instruments for the upcoming show.

Kitchen

Chef Dovsky is doing his usual rounds pretending to be Gordon Ramsay and making his delicious-if suspicious-soup.

"You! You are doing everything of wrong! What? You think this is game? I, Dovsky, greatest maker of soup, do not play silly czarist games! Am not some 'pretty leetle princess' to play horse with! I, Dovsky, spit on your sister's leetle toy poodle dog!"

Taet
2014-02-07, 11:57 PM
The Oddly Empty Rafters

No owls. No bats. No rats. From a building that was empty for years. "This is not a good sign. No. Not at all. My hands are empty." Boniface looked down and did not see the annoying guy.

Box

Boniface is joined by a tall, curvy drow woman with long platinum hair tied in a bun wearing a long purple dress.
Good place for an opera.
Back Down in the Opera House in a Semi Private Box

After a lot of stairs he finds a box with just one woman in it.

"It is a lovely building, my lady? I do not know your name." He takes her hand and kneels.

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 12:01 AM
The Oddly Empty Rafters

No owls. No bats. No rats. From a building that was empty for years. "This is not a good sign. No. Not at all. My hands are empty." Boniface looked down and did not see the annoying guy.

Back Down in the Opera House in a Semi Private Box

After a lot of stairs he finds a box with just one woman in it.

"It is a lovely building, my lady? I do not know your name." He takes her hand and kneels.
Halintra Arabana. I do not know your name either, sir.
Wraith replies, lying with expert ease as the vampire does so.

Taet
2014-02-08, 01:40 AM
Halintra Arabana. I do not know your name either, sir.
Wraith replies, lying with expert ease as the vampire does so.

"Halintra and no titles? That is daring. Let me be daring too. I am Boniface Childecrowne. Bonny to my friends. Something else to my enemies. Women, you will find. I cannot keep a woman friend." :smallamused: He looks her over and stands up. There is extra time to look that way. And maybe to catch hold of the bottom of her dress. :smallwink:

Hattish Thing
2014-02-08, 04:14 AM
Driving to the Opera

Cruising along the fine streets in a beautiful bright orange sports car is the always flashy Marciano Louv're. The car itself is a piece of art, gleaming in the sunlight and built with enough gizmos to contend with the Batmobile. Marcy's playing some tune extremely loud on the way there, and when he arrives, the tall mustachioed man with the orange hair and gorgeous white suit strides out of his vehicle, along with four women... Four? Huh. The inside of the car must be bigger then the outside. Two of the women appear to be nothing but minor celebrities. A model and an actress, one blonde and one with fiery red hair. He's smoking a big ol' cigar, and his arms rest around the women's waists, though his left shoulder appears to be hurting him, for he looks to be only very tenderly holding the girl to his left. Behind him, a woman in black strides quietly, and to her side Cornelia should be standing. Marcy moves to the door of the opera, his entourage of bodyguards and eye candy behind him. (Or beside him.)

He'll immediately jab out at the nearest guy that looks to be working here. 'Ey, kiddo. Where do ya buy tickets an' stuff? He'll obnoxiously blow a ring of smoke at the poor attendant...

GrandDM
2014-02-08, 05:13 AM
[A Private Box]

Three people sit waiting for the opera. Reserving a private box was, of course, expensive, but they could easily afford it, and had in fact reserved the box for a whole year.

In the left and centre seats respectively sit Henry and Silver. Henry is wearing his customary suit, but Silver is in the long robe he wears for formal occasions. To Silver's other side is his niece Mia, wearing a figure-hugging purple dress that highlights her curves.

Each of them has their attention focused in different directions. It's hard to tell where Henry's looking, mainly because he's looking everywhere. Silver is watching the people with a slight frown, while Mia is looking at the stage, eagerly awaiting the start of the performance.

There don't appear to be any guards in evidence, but anyone checking for less obvious protection will notice an impressively strong pair of barriers around them; one forcefield and one magical.

Duck999
2014-02-08, 09:33 AM
Opera Entrance

Sadly, Mr. Sassafras is the closest person.
Hey, Hey! That will just smell up the place and make it messy again! Go there to buy tickets, and there to smoke!
Mr. Sassafras points to the ticket booth, and then points to the door. He then attempts to shoo the other towards the door.

Aric Kale
2014-02-08, 09:49 AM
The Wings

Vynris stands off to the side in the Left wing, keeping a careful eye on the stage. He's already done his rounds, checking outside the dressing rooms, and pretty much anywhere available backstage. Yes, he has dressed for the occasion, kinda...black slacks, a black, collared shirt, his usual sleeveless vest, and a red bowtie can all be seen. Of course, he still has his unique sword at his side, his gun on his hip and the shield on his back.

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 07:45 PM
Sassafras

Director Tallfellow manages to gut up and confront Sassafras, his fangs clattering as he does so.

"Um, excuse me, mister sassafras? Do you think perhaps you could harass the staff instead of the customers...smoking is allowed in the private boxes..."

Opera House

The hired guards are doing their rotations and checking on everything, now might be a good time to learn their patterns, but those with weapons or obviously not supposed to be here may want to be more cautious to not get caught.

Duck999
2014-02-08, 07:48 PM
Sassafras

But is it allowed at the entrance? Cuz that might drive away other customers. Mr. Sassafras leaves anyway, off to harass staff like he was asked.

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-08, 10:20 PM
Marciano

"Please, sir, do come in and take balcony twelve," Tallfellow worries his hands raw as he tries to salvage the situation, "Your tickets tonight will be half off!"

Boxes and Wings

The guards are still going through their rotations.

Catacombs

Jesse stops at the corner, certain he heard something. Peering around, he sees a group of people in ragged red uniforms working with strange machinery and chanting. In the center of the machinery is black screen with red lteering.

2:00

"Merde. Looks like I'll need to wrap this up by the third act."

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 10:27 PM
"Halintra and no titles? That is daring. Let me be daring too. I am Boniface Childecrowne. Bonny to my friends. Something else to my enemies. Women, you will find. I cannot keep a woman friend." :smallamused: He looks her over and stands up. There is extra time to look that way. And maybe to catch hold of the bottom of her dress. :smallwink:

She looks like she's seen combat before, and has not seen the sun for a while.
Glad to meet you, sir. That must be rather unfortunate.

Taet
2014-02-08, 11:01 PM
She looks like she's seen combat before, and has not seen the sun for a while.
Glad to meet you, sir. That must be rather unfortunate.

Dark drow skin. Purple dress. They go together.

"Not so much." He smiles. "Every time I stopped being a friend and started to be a lover." :smallamused:

Boniface has not let go of her dress.

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 11:07 PM
Dark drow skin. Purple dress. They go together.

"Not so much." He smiles. "Every time I stopped being a friend and started to be a lover." :smallamused:

Boniface has not let go of her dress.

Then I retract my statement.
She replies, grinning in amusement.
It's a long dress, so no issue.

Taet
2014-02-08, 11:47 PM
Then I retract my statement.
She replies, grinning in amusement.
It's a long dress, so no issue.
"And what will you call me then?" He tries to wrap the dress end around himself too and wrap the two of them closer together. It is great when it works. When it does not work it is just awful. :smalltongue:

Arkhosia
2014-02-08, 11:53 PM
"And what will you call me then?" He tries to wrap the dress end around himself too and wrap the two of them closer together. It is great when it works. When it does not work it is just awful. :smalltongue:

It works!
Wraith grins.
A bit luckier.
She replies, grabbing his hand and firmly clasping it.
A needle on a ring pricks his skin in an attempt to poison, but he probably won't feel any pain due to a bit of psychic trickery.

ThePhantom
2014-02-08, 11:57 PM
Opera Entrance

When you are in the entainment business, one learns on the value of reserving your seats ahead of time. Mister Steward is pushed in his wheelchair by his armored assistant. The pair stops at the entrance, to confirm their seats.

"Mister Steward is here for his seat.
Box eight it was, for my belief."

The assistant address whoever is at the entrance.

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-09, 12:11 AM
Opera Entrance

"Right this wa-AY, sir!" a squeaky voiced usher beckons.

New hires. Poor bastards never last long.

Mid Balcony Hallways

Here, in the plush hallways that lead through the middle balconies and staff rooms, there are plenty of places to hide.

Manic chooses to hide in plain sight, taking on a woman's form tonight, though one could still mistake her for a very effeminate yet attractive man, especially since she's wearing a casual suit with long gloves and boots and a sharp jacket tonight as she looks for prey.

ThePhantom
2014-02-09, 12:15 AM
Opera Entrance

And so the pair head for their seat in the Opera house, trying to be a quiet as much as a suit of armor pushing a wheelchair can be.

Taet
2014-02-09, 12:16 AM
It works!
Wraith grins.
A bit luckier.
She replies, grabbing his hand and firmly clasping it.
A needle on a ring pricks his skin in an attempt to poison, but he probably won't feel any pain due to a bit of psychic trickery.

"Oh yes. Lucky now."

Boniface was already poisoned from before. This means he will not know that he is poisoned twice. What does this one do? The one already in him is anti coagulant. He will bleed out fast.

But he thinks that he is lucky and he will go for for the kiss bite now.

Arkhosia
2014-02-09, 12:20 AM
"Oh yes. Lucky now."

Boniface was already poisoned from before. This means he will not know that he is poisoned twice. What does this one do? The one already in him is anti coagulant. He will bleed out fast.

But he thinks that he is lucky and he will go for for the kiss bite now.

It's ricin. :smalleek:
He succeeds! The kiss is rather long... And all throughout, Wraith grips his hand tightly.

Taet
2014-02-09, 12:49 AM
It's ricin. :smalleek:
He succeeds! The kiss is rather long... And all throughout, Wraith grips his hand tightly.

No annoying assistant directors come in this time. Lucky! :smallcool:

Now Boniface is still standing after the kiss is done. He has enough ricin in him to make him dead. But there are problems with this. Ricin is a slow toxin. And Boniface was dead two hundred years before they met. :smallamused:

He has enough blood in him now. It is moving and making him more alive. He left Wraith most of it. She is strong. She will just need a snack soon.

"A kiss for a kiss and a sharp little pain for a sharp little pain. That is fair. You should not play fair in love and war." :smallwink: He pats her and lets go of her dress and slips out of the box quick as he can.

Arkhosia
2014-02-09, 11:07 AM
No annoying assistant directors come in this time. Lucky! :smallcool:

Now Boniface is still standing after the kiss is done. He has enough ricin in him to make him dead. But there are problems with this. Ricin is a slow toxin. And Boniface was dead two hundred years before they met. :smallamused:

He has enough blood in him now. It is moving and making him more alive. He left Wraith most of it. She is strong. She will just need a snack soon.

"A kiss for a kiss and a sharp little pain for a sharp little pain. That is fair. You should not play fair in love and war." :smallwink: He pats her and lets go of her dress and slips out of the box quick as he can.

Who says I play fair?
Wraith grins evilly as her other hand moves to where Boniface's heart is, and flexes.
Hidden blade to the chest!
Yeah, her employer forgot to mention that Boniface is a vampire.

Taet
2014-02-09, 11:48 AM
Who says I play fair?
Wraith grins evilly as her other hand moves to where Boniface's heart is, and flexes.
Hidden blade to the chest!
Yeah, her employer forgot to mention that Boniface is a vampire.
This goes ugly and fast. :smalleek:

The blade slips back out with all the blood pouring out and around it. Drow blood and kobold blood and some yellow blood too. Not mixed. All apart. Wraith's dress is not going to make it out of here clean. But that is not important. He is not a fussy man any more. Bonny's teeth stretch out and grow all pointed and he is hissing in her face.

"Ykysa! Ykysa!":smallmad:

What is that?

"I will kill her next!":smallfurious:

Oh. :smalleek:

The hole in his chest smokes but it does not close. His hands jump up and out and they got faster after the smoke started. And grew big hooked claws! And they are grabbing at Wraith and trying to pull her into those teeth!

Duck999
2014-02-09, 11:52 AM
Sassafras time!

Now mr. Sassafras notices the commotion with the vampire. Being who he is, he yells
Someone! Do something!
He also runs to the commotion, pulling out a dagger as he runs to the box.

Arkhosia
2014-02-09, 11:54 AM
This goes ugly and fast. :smalleek:

The blade slips back out with all the blood pouring out and around it. Drow blood and kobold blood and some yellow blood too. Not mixed. All apart. Wraith's dress is not going to make it out of here clean. But that is not important. He is not a fussy man any more. Bonny's teeth stretch out and grow all pointed and he is hissing in her face.

"Ykysa! Ykysa!":smallmad:

What is that?

"I will kill her next!":smallfurious:

Oh. :smalleek:

The hole in his chest smokes but it does not close. His hands jump up and out and they got faster after the smoke started. And grew big hooked claws! And they are grabbing at Wraith and trying to pull her into those teeth!

Wraith's dress turns to her usual attire as she leaps backwards, but she's grabbed!

Duck999
2014-02-09, 12:01 PM
[B]Box [/box]

Sassafras arrives at the scene where Bonniface is bleeding.
STOP MAKING A MESS!
Sassafras throws his dagger, aiming into Bonniface's throat. Unless Bonniface dodges, it will hit. Sassfras is actually a kind of good fighter.

Taet
2014-02-09, 12:34 PM
[B]Box [/box]

Sassafras arrives at the scene where Bonniface is bleeding.
STOP MAKING A MESS!
Sassafras throws his dagger, aiming into Bonniface's throat. Unless Bonniface dodges, it will hit. Sassfras is actually a kind of good fighter.

A Very Messy Upper Box

His hooked claws pull in. His shark teeth stretch out. And Wraith is not going to get the kind of bite that feels good this time. Boniface rips at her shoulder and her blood.

He is only thinking about blood. Assistant Director Sassafras cannot miss. Now the lordchild vampire has two large smoking holes and a dagger in him. And no blood to fix them.

He does not let go. But he loses more blood than he gets from Wraith. It is a long half a minute but then ashes start falling out of the holes instead. The holes get bigger. And meet. And keep going. :smalleek:

After all of this there is a very old suit jacket and pants on top of a pile of ashes on top of a lot of half wet blood that is poisoned twice. What a mess. :smallyuk:

Arkhosia
2014-02-09, 12:37 PM
A Very Messy Upper Box

His hooked claws pull in. His shark teeth stretch out. And Wraith is not going to get the kind of bite that feels good this time. Boniface rips at her shoulder and her blood.

He is only thinking about blood. Assistant Director Sassafras cannot miss. Now the lordchild vampire has two large smoking holes and a dagger in him. And no blood to fix them.

He does not let go. But he loses more blood than he gets from Wraith. It is a long half a minute but then ashes start falling out of the holes instead. The holes get bigger. And meet. And keep going. :smalleek:

After all of this there is a very old suit jacket and pants on top of a pile of ashes on top of a lot of half wet blood that is poisoned twice. What a mess. :smallyuk:

Wraith punches him in the face, jabbing Boniface with a ricin-laced blade!
She loses a lot of blood, and collapses on the ground.

Duck999
2014-02-09, 12:44 PM
The mess

Sassafras walks over to the mess, retrieves his dagger, wipes it on the old suit jacket, puts it away, and yells
Someone come clean this up!
As an after thought, he adds
And help this person!

Baeleck
2014-02-09, 01:44 PM
[Kitchen]

Gavin rolls his eyes as Dovsky's voice pierces through the bustle of the kitchen. He knew never to ask about the soup. In fact, Gavin seldom even spoke to Dovsky, being largely confined to his corner of the kitchen.

Another pile of pans is hauled into the sink, water sloshing over the sides and dribbling to the floor.

Arkhosia
2014-02-09, 01:45 PM
The mess

Sassafras walks over to the mess, retrieves his dagger, wipes it on the old suit jacket, puts it away, and yells
Someone come clean this up!
As an after thought, he adds
And help this person!

Wraith lies on the floor, unconscious from blood loss.

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-10, 10:19 PM
The Mess

Tallfellow is a frantic mess when he discovers this. He has some of his supply of donated blood brought up for Wraith and the remains of Boniface cleaned up, making sure nothing keeps the show from going on.

Kitchen

A man in a sharp tuxedo emerges from the utility closet, looking around to make sure nobody has seen him!

Stage

A portly man in a red suit with a cloak steps up onto the stage and clears his throat into the microphone.

"Ladies and Gentlemen..."

Baeleck
2014-02-10, 10:30 PM
[Kitchen]

Gavin has seen him. Or at least, he is suddenly aware that the man is there, despite having his back to him.

The mop in the utility closet told him so. Good ol' mop!

The boy whirls round.

'You shouldn't be in the kitchen, sir,' Gavin says, wiping his dirty hands on his equally dirty apron. 'Staff only. You're going to have to leave.'

Hopefully before Dovsky notices. He wouldn't hear the end of it otherwise.

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-10, 10:35 PM
Kitchen

Luckily, Dovsky is busy shouting a cabinet to tears.

"Rosewood is terrible wood! Why can you not being of good, strong mahogany?!"

Jesse makes a move like he's about to lunge at Gavin, then stops himself.

"Uh, right, sorry. Must've gotten lost."

He steps out of the kitchen, and takes a seat in the lower area of the auditorium.

Lord Raziere
2014-02-10, 10:42 PM
Stage

A portly man in a red suit with a cloak steps up onto the stage and clears his throat into the microphone.

"Ladies and Gentlemen..."

A Balcony

Jenar Kerrari relaxed as he sat to watch tonight's show. He was a man of wealth and taste after all. He sipped some fine red wine. Well aged, with a little spice to it. Just how he liked it. He planeswalked far to witness this pleasure and he will not tolerate interruptions to it. You had to have standards about art after all.
"Yes..."
He whispered to himself.
"Dazzle me!"

ThePhantom
2014-02-10, 11:15 PM
Right Box

Mister Steward and his aide rest in their box, watching the stage. Hope this opera will be worth his time.

Aric Kale
2014-02-10, 11:26 PM
The Wings - Eyes of a Hawk

Vynris watches all around, peering at the crowd through a crack between the wall and the curtain. (Note: not the big center stage curtain). He makes careful observations of who arrives late, including Tux Guy. Unfortunately, he misses the mess in one of the boxes...that's a bit out of his sight range.

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-11, 01:55 PM
Stage

"I, Vinciente de Fuorre, owner of this fine opera house, am proud to welcome you to our grand reopening! Tonight, we have a very special show for you, one that is sure to be the greatest we've had for years to come! The esteemed Salary Scalia has come all this way to perform, for you, tonight, her legendary epic, 'Quiesce in Ignis'!"

The man begins to make his way off the stage, flashing a smile.

"Ladies and gentlemen, tonight will be a night to remember for the rest of your lives!"

Backstage

Vinciente hurries back to his office, rubbing the blood redngem in his pocket and turning it between his fingers.

"I'll certainly remember it for the rest of mine..."

1:57

Beans
2014-02-11, 02:05 PM
[Orchestra Pit]
Tuning up her harp, Milly waits. The waiting is easy, staying unseen is easy. Nobody suspects a silly little moth harpist of anything more than nibbling a sweater. Even if they knew she wasn't supposed to be here, they probably wouldn't suspect very much.
And that is the wonderful, wonderful power of the Black Witch.

Taet
2014-02-11, 02:12 PM
[Ticket Booth]

"I will go on ahead and get you a good seat Kitty. You just show the tickets." A ghost flies through the lobby. She gets followed by a wheeled flashlight that shines a light on her so she can still be seen. It is the opera! Patti has remembered her best evening dress. It is in fashion to be late in your best dress.

A woman in a suit jacket sighs. "Yes Grandma Patti." She shows a ticket that is so old the paper is peeling off of itself. From before the opera house shut for so long. And it is a lot older than the woman. "Family ticket for Bruno and Patti di Grassi and children. I am Karen."

[Boxes and Audience]

The flashlight rolls into the floor part of the audience. Patti flies around just outside the boxes and says hello to people. "It has been too long! Last time I saw you I was still alive." The light keeps spinning to shine a light on her.

Baeleck
2014-02-11, 03:13 PM
Kitchen

Luckily, Dovsky is busy shouting a cabinet to tears.

"Rosewood is terrible wood! Why can you not being of good, strong mahogany?!"

Jesse makes a move like he's about to lunge at Gavin, then stops himself.

"Uh, right, sorry. Must've gotten lost."

He steps out of the kitchen, and takes a seat in the lower area of the auditorium.
[Kitchen]

Gavin wishes Dovsky would not be so mean to the cabinet. Even if the cabinet did deserve it.

Yeah, Gavin doesn't get on with the cabinet.

After Jesse leaves, the boy decides to have a poke around in the utility closet, to figure out where the man might have come from.

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-11, 03:47 PM
Kitchen

There is a trapdoor in the back of the utility closet that leads down into the catacombs beneath the opera house!

Surely the man wouldn't have been foolish enough to come up from those terrible tunnels of legend?

Patti

Several staff and audience members wave back to Patti, pleasantly surprised. What's an opera without a phantom or two?

Baeleck
2014-02-11, 04:15 PM
[Kitchen]

Apparently so. Doesn't seem to be any immediate alternative explanation, so far as Gavin is concerned. The boy ventured to and from the utility closet on a regular basis, and there was no other way in.

Whatever the case, Gavin sure as hell ain't going down there.

What if something were to follow that man up, though...

The thought is alarming to Gavin. The trapdoor is quickly secured by having a whole bunch of cleaning supplies lumped on top of it.

Gavin goes back to work. Plenty of dishes still to wash!

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-12, 09:21 PM
Stage

The orchestra begins to play, a low, rising tune, as the curtains part to a scene depicting a castle in a land far away. The castle belongs to a sultan's son, who wishes to impress his father and gain his respect. He plans and paces, unable to think of a way, losing much sleep, until the favorite girl in his harem suggests he lead a heroic raid against the home of a dragon far away...

"O pater amore mereri ...
Quam ad movendum eius et oculos?
In sonis, laboriosas noctes ...
Interea ad bestiam coccineam, ut amarent eam? est amor sui..."

Orchestra Pit

"So when does Salary come out?

Ssh! A few scenes!

But I want to see the thrice blessed armour she wore for her crusades!

You think she wears it during her shows?

They say she d-ow!"

The conductor launches a button at one of the cellists.

Duck999
2014-02-12, 09:43 PM
Somewhere watching the opera

Sassafras sees the thrown button, but doesn't want to interrupt the show to sass someone. He just sighs and watches.

((Is this in a language? Which one? Or is it lorem ipsum?))

Arkhosia
2014-02-12, 09:44 PM
Somewhere watching the opera

Sassafras sees the thrown button, but doesn't want to interrupt the show to sass someone. He just sighs and watches.

((Is this in a language? Which one? Or is it lorem ipsum?))

((Latin!))
Celica winces as the button strikes.

Lord Raziere
2014-02-12, 09:50 PM
A Balcony

Jenar thought to himself, as he raised an eyebrow:

Father love to earn ...
How to move, and his eyes?
The sounds, the sleepless nights ...
In the meantime, to the scarlet colored beast, so love it? quotations

Either his understanding of the language is flawed, or the person who wrote this play was bad at stringing together words correctly. He took another sip of wine. No matter, he can derive pleasure from silently mocking it if he so chose. The wording just seemed.....kind of random....

(well technically yes, I checked on google translate, it translated to that.) and yes the translation is horrible, thats the joke.

Ionbound
2014-02-12, 10:09 PM
[Entrance]

A young woman runs up to the entrance, and, after a moment apologizing to the ticket vendor about being late, purchases a ticket. She heads inside, and takes a seat, which, if someone were the type to notice this, gives her a pretty clear view of the Orchestra Pit, Stage, and the rest of the auditorium. She is also concealing a longsword on her person, something that she managed to sneak in thanks to the overwork and underpayment of the ushers leading to them not really caring.

Taet
2014-02-13, 03:04 PM
[Ticket Booth]
A woman in a suit jacket sighs. "Yes Grandma Patti." She shows a ticket that is so old the paper is peeling off of itself. From before the opera house shut for so long. And it is a lot older than the woman. "Family ticket for Bruno and Patti di Grassi and children. I am Karen."
Karen talks her way in. It is almost too easy. She is not a di Grassi at all. But she never said any lie. :smallwink:

She is wearing the suit jacket and skirt and under that the bullet stopping fashion vest that made her rich. She buys a special Quiesce in Ignis glass that comes with free wine in it. They are sneaking around the alcohol sale laws here. Karen likes it. She has to walk around the halls and look at things until there is a stop in the show and she can get to her seat.

Driving to the Opera

Cruising along the fine streets in a beautiful bright orange sports car is the always flashy Marciano Louv're. The car itself is a piece of art, gleaming in the sunlight and built with enough gizmos to contend with the Batmobile. Marcy's playing some tune extremely loud on the way there, and when he arrives, the tall mustachioed man with the orange hair and gorgeous white suit strides out of his vehicle, along with four women... Four? Huh. The inside of the car must be bigger then the outside. Two of the women appear to be nothing but minor celebrities. A model and an actress, one blonde and one with fiery red hair. He's smoking a big ol' cigar, and his arms rest around the women's waists, though his left shoulder appears to be hurting him, for he looks to be only very tenderly holding the girl to his left. Behind him, a woman in black strides quietly, and to her side Cornelia should be standing. Marcy moves to the door of the opera, his entourage of bodyguards and eye candy behind him. (Or beside him.)

He'll immediately jab out at the nearest guy that looks to be working here. 'Ey, kiddo. Where do ya buy tickets an' stuff? He'll obnoxiously blow a ring of smoke at the poor attendant...
Inside he finds Karen before Patti finds him. Karen looks at all of them. Two not important women and two important ones. She picks Cornelia. "Who is he? The one that gave you a job here. The one who looks that he will talk for an hour at a time. Please."

Right Box

Mister Steward and his aide rest in their box, watching the stage. Hope this opera will be worth his time.

Patti (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16978168&postcount=960) floats up to the open side of the box. She is dark for a ghost and she has white hair cut short and tall and one bad eye. She died old. But her evening dress is fashionable and new. How did she do that? Why has she got a light shining on her from down in the audience? "Hello! Tell that young helper of yours to shut his ears. Now. How have you been? I have not seen you since I was alive!" :smallsmile:

[A Private Box]

Three people sit waiting for the opera. Reserving a private box was, of course, expensive, but they could easily afford it, and had in fact reserved the box for a whole year.

In the left and centre seats respectively sit Henry and Silver. Henry is wearing his customary suit, but Silver is in the long robe he wears for formal occasions. To Silver's other side is his niece Mia, wearing a figure-hugging purple dress that highlights her curves.

Each of them has their attention focused in different directions. It's hard to tell where Henry's looking, mainly because he's looking everywhere. Silver is watching the people with a slight frown, while Mia is looking at the stage, eagerly awaiting the start of the performance.

There don't appear to be any guards in evidence, but anyone checking for less obvious protection will notice an impressively strong pair of barriers around them; one forcefield and one magical.

Patti cannot get through the barriers. The ghost floats on the other side and talks to the people in the box. "Dear. You are making me nervous with your eyes. Makes me think that you are looking for a way out of talking with me!" She laughs.

The Mess

Tallfellow is a frantic mess when he discovers this. He has some of his supply of donated blood brought up for Wraith and the remains of Boniface cleaned up, making sure nothing keeps the show from going on.

Patti looks in this box too. She is curious about Wraith and how hurt the drow is. "They are not doing their jobs here. It is a crime. I blame you young lady. Lady or not you should have shouted at them. Make sure they gave you the best box and not a dirty one. But you did the right thing to not let your hurt stop you from coming to the opera. That is strong."

A Balcony

Jenar Kerrari relaxed as he sat to watch tonight's show. He was a man of wealth and taste after all. He sipped some fine red wine. Well aged, with a little spice to it. Just how he liked it. He planeswalked far to witness this pleasure and he will not tolerate interruptions to it. You had to have standards about art after all.
"Yes..."
He whispered to himself.
"Dazzle me!"

The flashlight almost does. Patti looks unhappy. "Excuse me a minute." She floats down to the audience floor. The flashlight is stuck trying to move forward and into the leg of a seat. Patti has to float backwards and make it follow her instead. She gets it to stop running into the seat and go around it instead. :smallannoyed:

ThePhantom
2014-02-13, 04:12 PM
Right Box

Mister Steward gestures towards his armored aide, who careful adjusts a device set under Mister Steward's gas mask.

I Have Been Better, But I Am Still Hanging On.

Ah, he can speak himself, through since he sounds like Stephen Hawking, I see why he usually speaks through his aide.

Lord Raziere
2014-02-13, 08:37 PM
The flashlight almost does. Patti looks unhappy. "Excuse me a minute." She floats down to the audience floor. The flashlight is stuck trying to move forward and into the leg of a seat. Patti has to float backwards and make it follow her instead. She gets it to stop running into the seat and go around it instead. :smallannoyed:

He notices, but thinks its a normal flashlight, and is just kind of annoyed that someone is trying to flash a light in his face when he is trying to enjoy the Opera.
His eyebrows furrow and his crimson eyes narrow at the annoyance, but he makes no action, letting the ghost go about her business. He is here to enjoy himself, not do an exorcism- he would hate to do one for free. People pay good money for exorcisms. If he exorcised every ghost that he saw, he'd be out of one of multiple ways to make money.

So he let the ghost go about its business. Hopefully a week or two from now, it will do something that will make people want it exorcised and he can make a quick buck.

Edit: He suddenly notices something strange...a strange energy he didn't feel before. On the horizon. How curious. He finished his wine, then planeswalked out to investigate.

GrandDM
2014-02-14, 01:10 PM
Patti cannot get through the barriers. The ghost floats on the other side and talks to the people in the box. "Dear. You are making me nervous with your eyes. Makes me think that you are looking for a way out of talking with me!" She laughs.

The woman jumps, letting out a small squeak and grabbing for the robed man's arm.

"What the hell?!"

The man's lips twitch into a small smile and he gently retrieves his arm.

"Just a ghost, Mia. They're actually not all that uncommon.

He turns to Patti. The suited man examines her with a cold, calculating gaze, his blue eyes holding none of the warmth of the robed man's brown ones.

"Sorry, ma'am. My late brother brought her up in an exclusively mundane environment. All science, no magic. I'm Silver, this is my niece Mia and that's my other brother, Henry.

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-14, 10:42 PM
Stage

The sultan's son takes 14 of his most talented horsemen and archers and sets off one night at sunset, swearing he will return. They travel for eight days over blistering hot deserts before they reach the hills of Sanam. The lead rider, the lieutenant, informs the son of giants that wander the hills, and the son, in his hot blooded glory hunger, decides to kill one of the colossal men.

Audience

Jesse looks around, searching for his target.
Alright, buddy, show that rotten face of yours.

And then, up there, box 14.

Bingo.

He stands up and dusts himself off, and makes his way to the men's room.

Hallways and Wings

The guards stop their rotations to stay at their posts.

Manic pulls herself out of her hiding hole, a small dumbwaiter long unused. She adjusts her jacket and checks her hair, then begins to walk nonchalantly down the halls.

It's time to hunt.

Catacombs

1:40

Taet
2014-02-15, 12:21 AM
The woman jumps, letting out a small squeak and grabbing for the robed man's arm.

"What the hell?!"

The man's lips twitch into a small smile and he gently retrieves his arm.

"Just a ghost, Mia. They're actually not all that uncommon.

He turns to Patti. The suited man examines her with a cold, calculating gaze, his blue eyes holding none of the warmth of the robed man's brown ones.

"Sorry, ma'am. My late brother brought her up in an exclusively mundane environment. All science, no magic. I'm Silver, this is my niece Mia and that's my other brother, Henry.

"Science is fine but there are good reasons for a well rounded education after all." Oh no. You offered the chance for one of Patti's favorite speeches. :smallsigh: "Learn early and learn often and that is the way to success! I am sure you are having to teach a double work load of magic and science. Mia." Patti does not forget names. "I do hope you are studying science and not just getting a degree that you like! Degrees are for work."

"I am Patti di Grassi. Accountant and law licensed in Inside. Holder of four patents. Treasurer of the Ladies over Lunch and their drives to find and encourage the best female non magical talent in the Nexus." Her flashlight puts a piece of film over the light and the address of the Ladies over Lunch shines on the ceiling of the box. "Prepare a talent Mia and come by." :smallcool:

Right Box

Mister Steward gestures towards his armored aide, who careful adjusts a device set under Mister Steward's gas mask.

I Have Been Better, But I Am Still Hanging On.

Ah, he can speak himself, through since he sounds like Stephen Hawking, I see why he usually speaks through his aide.

Patti makes a funny noise that is part sniff and part laugh. She taps her cheek next to her bad eye. "Sounds like you and I went to the same doctor! Do not worry. When I was finished with him he could not cut on a steak without me telling him yes." :smallamused:

ThePhantom
2014-02-15, 12:31 AM
Right Box

It Was A Different Doctor. Now Miss, I Would Like To Watch The Opera Please.

Mister Steward gently waves his arm towards the stage.

GrandDM
2014-02-15, 03:22 AM
"Science is fine but there are good reasons for a well rounded education after all." Oh no. You offered the chance for one of Patti's favorite speeches. :smallsigh: "Learn early and learn often and that is the way to success! I am sure you are having to teach a double work load of magic and science. Mia." Patti does not forget names. "I do hope you are studying science and not just getting a degree that you like! Degrees are for work."

"I am Patti di Grassi. Accountant and law licensed in Inside. Holder of four patents. Treasurer of the Ladies over Lunch and their drives to find and encourage the best female non magical talent in the Nexus." Her flashlight puts a piece of film over the light and the address of the Ladies over Lunch shines on the ceiling of the box. "Prepare a talent Mia and come by." :smallcool:

"I'm a genetically altered experimental clone that turned out... well, like this... and Dad decided to raise me as his daughter. I have perfect recall. I can calculate high-level mathematics at a speed to rival a computer, I'm fluent in forty-seven languages and I have a complete set of Dad's blueprints in my head all the way from nanites to space stations. I can design a device in my head and run tests on it mentally, provided I know all the numbers, without ever once making it. I have a doctorate-level education in most mundane subjects, and significantly higher in areas such as robotics, AI and multiversal physics. Is that talented enough for you?"

Silver grins.

"Harald's genetic material. She got most of his intelligence and, if anything, more of the showing off. I'm the dumb one in the family; I can only get up to calculus in my head.

Taet
2014-02-19, 02:02 PM
"I'm a genetically altered experimental clone that turned out... well, like this... and Dad decided to raise me as his daughter. I have perfect recall. I can calculate high-level mathematics at a speed to rival a computer, I'm fluent in forty-seven languages and I have a complete set of Dad's blueprints in my head all the way from nanites to space stations. I can design a device in my head and run tests on it mentally, provided I know all the numbers, without ever once making it. I have a doctorate-level education in most mundane subjects, and significantly higher in areas such as robotics, AI and multiversal physics. Is that talented enough for you?"

Silver grins.

"Harald's genetic material. She got most of his intelligence and, if anything, more of the showing off. I'm the dumb one in the family; I can only get up to calculus in my head.
We have computers, dear goes through Patti's head at the start of all that. In all those years she talked to too many women who think that memorizing is a good way to pretend they learned.

But when Mia starts to talk about designing her own work the ghost smiles. "Experiments in the mind are very fine but just a bit difficult to show to the grants committee! Just make an example with blank circuit boards and bring in the code on whatever you like." :smallbiggrin:

Patti floats backward a bit so she can lean in to whisper and not hit the barrier. "Between you and me, some of them are not as smart as you and they need the help. Give them a doll house device to hold and they are happy." :smallwink:

TechnoScrabble
2014-02-19, 02:34 PM
Stage

The Lieutenant warns the Sultan's Son of the Giants and their terrible strength, but the lad doesn't listen. Two archers are crushed into a paste and eaten, but the battle carries on until one of the huge man-beasts is slain and its head put in the Son's saddlebags.

They set off once more, nearing the lair of the dragin, and find that the dragon they are hunting is actually the ruler of a small country, Srirak, as they cross the borders, and see the castle up on the hill...

Wings

Halfway to the men's room, Jesse doubles back towards the boxes, and sidesteps into a staff room, stripping out of his tuxedo and stealing an usher's uniform.

Meanwhile, Manic approaches an unsuspecting valet on his break...

Kitchen

There's some dull thuds from the utility closet. Somebody's slamming on the trap door from the other side!

Catacombs

1:20

Baeleck
2014-02-19, 03:22 PM
[Kitchen]

It's difficult to hear over the sound of the kitchen bustle, but once again, reliable old mop has got Gavin covered. Sadly, the boy isn't going to let whomever (or whatever) is on the other side through. A broom handle is being jammed between the trap door and the far wall.

He hated to do that to the broom, but it'd get over it.

'Kitchen staff only!' Gavin repeats, loudly.

Beans
2014-02-22, 04:01 PM
[Orchestra Pit]
Milly just waits patiently, playing her parts when necessary, her secondary arms ready to pull out her weapon in the darkness of the pit.

Ionbound
2014-02-22, 04:13 PM
[Auditorium]

Therlynn smiles when the the man-beast is slain. Serves him right for killing archers. She's keeping a look out for anything odd, but otherwise is just relaxing in her seat.

ThePhantom
2014-02-22, 06:51 PM
Right Box

And the seeds of the tragedy are sown. Well, par for the course for opera. Mister Stewards and his aide continue to watch the Opera, with Steward sometimes leaning over to explain things to his aide.

Arkhosia
2014-03-01, 10:46 PM
Orchestra pit

Thalia dutifully plays her cello, not making a single mistake.
Okay, a couple here and there. But still! :smalltongue:

Duck999
2014-03-01, 10:49 PM
Orchestra pit

Thalia dutifully plays her cello, not making a single mistake.
Okay, a couple here and there. But still! :smalltongue:

Sassafras takes note of this. This person needs a stern talking to afterwards. A couple mistakes is no good.