PDA

View Full Version : How much can we expand a character's lineage without templates?

Kaje
2014-02-07, 05:56 PM
So I'd like to figure out how much a character's family tree could be expanded through use of feats, class features, and the like without using templates. For example, start with a naturally mixed race, like Shifter, Changeling, or Half-Elf. Take an Abyssal Heritor feat. Your granddaddy was a demon. Take Aberration Blood. There's a Mind Flayer in your family. Take a level of sorcerer. There's probably some dragon in there somewhere. What else could be added to such a character?

Swaoeaeieu
2014-02-07, 06:00 PM
bloodlines. somewhere in history, some monster slipped yer mom a mickey

Toliudar
2014-02-07, 06:01 PM
Well, there's nothing I can see in the Bloodline (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm) rules that say you can only have one. So I guess you could have 30 different ancestors from those alone.

Slipperychicken
2014-02-07, 06:09 PM
We missed Troll-Blooded and Jotunbrud.

OldTrees1
2014-02-07, 07:17 PM
The Sherezem-Lar Sorcery feat requires being a daughter of a maternal line of 11 sorceresses each with the Sherem-Lar Sorcery feat.

Jeff the Green
2014-02-07, 07:41 PM
There are fey, fiend, illithid, draconic, and planar heritage feats. There are also bloodline feats in Dragon Compendium. So just using feats, six outsiders, one dragon, four elementals, two aberrations, two giants, a fey, and one other—let's say a yuan ti. You'll need bonus feats and DCS to get them all, though.

Race should be mongrelfolk, since that gets you basically every humanoid race as an ancestor.