View Full Version : Warblade help

Val666
2014-02-07, 07:56 PM
Hello guys, im actually new at d&d (second adventure) and im playing a Warblade. My party have 3 members, a Rogue/Fighter looking for Master of Chains, a Cleric and me. Im going Warblade 20 to make easy for the DM. I already got my maneuver progression until lvl 20 so my problem is: I don't know wich feats are the best.
My abilities are:
Str:16
Dex:12
Con:14
Int:14
Wis:10
Cha:8

We are at level 3 and i got Adaptive Style,Power Attack and Improved Bullrush (looking for Shock Trooper). I dont know wich other feats i need :c

gorfnab
2014-02-07, 08:21 PM
Warblade (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176968) Handbooks (http://www.brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=4408.0)

You said you have your maneuvers picked out to level 20, which ones were you planning on using?

Clarion Commander and Stormguard Warrior are decent depending on the build.

You could consider a 2 level dip in Barbarian for the following ACFs: Spirit Totem Lion (CC), Whirling Frenzy (UA), Wolf Totem (UA), and City Brawler (Dragon 349).

Callin
2014-02-07, 09:31 PM
You really dont need Adaptive Style on a Warblade. They get alot less manuevers known than the Crusader or Swordsage. Plus their recharge mechanic is awesome. I would skip it.

Grozomah
2014-02-09, 11:46 AM
I second the handbooks (especially the first one).

It depends heavily on your party composition and purpose in the party. Considering you have a master of chains you probably don't need another tripper, so the usual Combat Expertise -> Improved trip is suboptimal.

If you plan to Ubercharge then go (as you planned) PA-> Leap attack-> Improved Bull rush-> SHock trooper. Do note to pick up Bounding Assault when you reach level 7.

If you go this route you don't really *need* that much more. Flavor and preferences matter here more. If you can get Pounce in any way possible you can break the game.
You can go stormguard warrior route and pick up karmic strike/Robilar's Gambit, or take endurance (as a bonus feat) -> Steadfast Determination. Animal devotion is a nice low/mid level pick and it's still good at higher levels as a divine STR boost. If you want to go full Naruto/Bleach take Martial study (Shadow blink) at appropriate level have your own shunpo.

Firechanter
2014-02-09, 12:26 PM
Stormguard Warrior is pretty convoluted if you ask me; you pull off the whole stunt for a net damage gain of about 5 per hit. Okay, but can be done better.

If you want to go Straight Warblade (which is one of my favourite options), then I recommend planning for some Tiger's Claw maneuvers: Pouncing Charge and Dancing/Raging Mongoose.
The problem with Pouncing Charge is that it can't be combined with Bounding Assault. But Pounce + Leap Attack + Shock Trooper is pretty awesome. You'll be able to one-shot anything.

Feats: I like to complement this kind of Warblade build with Combat Reflexes and Stand Still with a Reach Weapon for some basic Lockdown capability. Oh wait, you only have Dex 12. That's too bad then. :p

Apparently you had to build the character with a measly 28 Point Buy. Find out if you can swap around your Dex and Int. Warblade Int synergies are gravy, as in, nice to have but not essential. You'll get more mileage out of being able to strike 3 AoOs per round.

I also second that you don't need Adaptive Style - not at this level anyway; maybe much later in your career, and only if you can really spare the feat.

Val666
2014-02-10, 10:40 AM
Thanks Guys for everything! Uber Charger build it is. My DM is mad because im breaking his game at lvl 4, party is like: WOW SO MUCH DMG WOW. But without the cleric weŽll be dead and without those trips and disarms of the MoC the last boss surely had killed us. Again thanks everyone!