PDA

View Full Version : New D&D Minis!

Thurbane
2014-02-07, 08:19 PM
I'm sorry if this isn't the right forum, but it's the main one I haunt (mods please move this if appropriate).

Just saw an announcement that WizKids and WotC are planning a new batch of pre-painted minis!

http://wizkidsgames.com/blog/2014/02/07/wizkids-partners-with-wizards-of-the-coast-for-dungeons-dragons-miniatures/

I'm over the moon - I'm a real fan of collecting these and using them in our regular games. Is anyone else as excited as I am? :smallbiggrin:

Cheers - T

http://wizkidsgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/5_minis_horizontil.jpg

Palanan
2014-02-07, 08:32 PM
I actually like painting my own. Not nearly as professional-looking, but it's mine, gorammit!

But to each their own. Enthuse away.

:smalltongue:

Skevvix
2014-02-07, 08:48 PM
That's awesome! I've just recently started collecting so it's nice to be able to get in on the ground floor for a change. Plus I can leverage my DM for some extra XP if I let him use my minis that he doesn't have.

Invader
2014-02-07, 08:52 PM
I'd like them more if they weren't ridiculously expensive. It bothers me me that the prices are purposely inflated just to gouge customers.

I'm guessing with the advent of cheaper and cheaper 3d printers we'll see the prices bottom out over the next few years, at least that's my hope.

Thurbane
2014-02-07, 09:10 PM
I actually like painting my own. Not nearly as professional-looking, but it's mine, gorammit!
I used to enjoy painting minis, but sadly no one in my group has the time, or the aptitude to paint metal minis these days. Plus the pre-painted plastic are a lot more durable - they don't chip, deform or break as easily as metal, in my experience.

We used to transport our metal minis in foam lined electronic component boxes back in the day - now we just throw the plastic minis in tupperware tubs.

I'd like them more if they weren't ridiculously expensive. It bothers me me that the prices are purposely inflated just to gouge customers.
True, but nearly all manufacturers gouge consumers on niche goods and collectibles.

Ravens_cry
2014-02-07, 11:07 PM
Have you seen the Pathfinder minis? While the medium figs aren't the greatest, especially earlier ones, the large and bigger figs are really something.

Thurbane
2014-02-07, 11:34 PM
Yeah, I didn't really get into the Pathfinder minis, but one of the guys in my group has a ton of them, and they are quite good.

Vanitas
2014-02-08, 01:21 AM
Best

News

Ever!!