PDA

View Full Version : Devastation of the Mosswood Tribe

Plerumque
2014-02-07, 10:21 PM
The trees thin near the edge of the Mosswood before vanishing altogether, the sunlight streaming in through the sparse branches and making a welcome difference from both the shady depths of the forest and the panicked atmosphere of the last few days. In the sunlight, the fear and desperation seems to almost melt away, leaving you with the question- what to do now?

Erik Vale
2014-02-08, 01:10 AM
Ghorg raises his Hackbut in it's mount, as he looks around, squinting in the bright light that he has become rather unaccustomed to over the years, Marg goes from a straight line to near parallel to the forest. It is a new place. A bright place. One without the old fear, but with a new one.

"Does anyone know where we are likely to be?"
Ghorg's voice is quiet as he looks around.

tonberryking
2014-02-09, 01:11 AM
Snapping her fingers, that uppity rabbit hanging around the goblins begins to hover in the air as shadowy tendrils nip about the hem of her cloak. "Hmm. Let's find out." she offers, before floating gingerly into the air and hovers over the tops of the nearest trees, scanning around the area.

"Anything in particular you want me to look for up here? Aside from trees, that is, Gods know where we'd be able to find some....Or soap for that matter."

Perception check
[roll0]

Erik Vale
2014-02-09, 01:15 AM
"Just... Where are we, or perhaps others, we can't be the only ones left... It's been to quiet for my liking..."
"It's always too quiet or noisy for you. Find us on mental map, then we can plan."

JanusJones
2014-02-09, 03:49 AM
Scab roots around in his ear for a bit, then holds forth the product of his exploration for a moment of contemplation. After a long pause, he pops the finger in his mouth, and solemnly declaims:

"Where I go, why there I am!
Eggs, crickets, truffles, jam,
Never alone, along with me,
My grumbling stomach, always hungry."

He capers about beneath Daes, making as if to peer up an imaginary skirt with lascivious leers and suggestive eyebrow waggles, winding up on his back with his arms folded beneath his head.

"Any eats, mah' sweet?"

Re'ozul
2014-02-10, 08:17 PM
Sliver

Blinking repeatedly to adjust to the sudden increase in brightness, Sliver walks up toards the others, trying to orient himself.

"Based on the sun's standing, this should be the south of the Mosswood. Since I am mainly used to simple trading maps all I can truly tell you is the existance of two towns further south, Deorville and Riverquell. I think I remember reading about being careful when going east to a port town called Sandpoint, something about goblins eating birds or similar."

So far this travel hadn't been too bad. Though now it would get much harder without the inherent protection of the woods.

Erik Vale
2014-02-11, 12:48 AM
"Well. If goblins are at Sandpoint then that's where we should go."

Re'ozul
2014-02-11, 07:58 AM
Sliver

"Perhaps, yet you should consider cultural implications. I am not aware of the size of their tribe. While you could find a new home there, a tribe that is substantially larger than what remains of the Mosswood tribe could lead to an absorbtion effect, eliminating your own ways in a mere handful of generations. What makes you unique would then be lost."

Erik Vale
2014-02-11, 07:12 PM
Ghorg raises a eyebrow, looking confused.
"I will be dead in a few generations... Unless you suggest we make our own tribe by conquering or breeding?"

Re'ozul
2014-02-11, 07:36 PM
Sliver

"If you are unfazed by differing cultural proceedings in both macro and micro scale interactions, integration could indeed be a worthwhile endeavour."

Sliver realizes that perhaps he should explain things at a bit lower level.

"But imagine they base their daily life around doing things that you don't want to do. Then you would have to do them as well if you want to live there."

JanusJones
2014-02-11, 07:39 PM
"Big brain, bigger mouth
Says we should be heading South.
Oh no! Different gobs? What might we become?
Who knows, who cares
We need help so let's get some!
And if we can't find our kin
At least we can find some sin
And some beds to breed in!"

The first is delivered in pedantic imitation of Silver; the second, the earnest but almost dimly deep-voiced Ghorg.

It ends with Scab, eyes scrunched in ecstasy, enthusiastically humping the ground, with an accompanying sound (doubtless from some strange oddbit secreted in his motley) of rusty springs.

Re'ozul
2014-02-11, 08:22 PM
Sliver

Feeling amused, but also a bit peefed at this, Sliver retorts.

"Words are flowing from your mouth
in a way thats quite uncouth
yes, the best way may be south
I was merely telling truth
joining them may make you weaker
also, pay attention to your meter."

JanusJones
2014-02-11, 09:13 PM
"My meter? Oh yes!"

Leaping up, Scab pulls frantically at the front of his leggings, unrolling an improbably large, green-colored, stuffed stocking. When he's finished, it lays limp on the ground, still hanging suggestively from the opening in his pants. He then unrolls what looks to be a tailor's measuring leather, marked at regular intervals, and carefully lines the two up, pulling out spectacles which he perches on his nose and muttering as he struts next to his feaux member.

"By jove, you are right sirrah! Tis not a meter, but a full FIVE FEET!" he exclaims, then hooting, begins whirling the fake penis wildly about his head, whapping any members of the party not quick enough to duck as he scampers by.

Tyrann
2014-02-11, 10:14 PM
Itru, who until now had been sitting on Marg, looking absent minded, snaps back to life when the trees start disappearing.
She jumps off and floats over to one of the trees. "Huntsman, give me a few moments please."

She goes back into the woods for a few hundred feet, and comes back a few moments later with a deep violet flower cupped in her hands, roots and all.
She replants this flower in front of one of the trees where the woods end, and cuts off a bit of the tree's bark with her knife, before carving, manually

"Yatra - Rest dear sister"

She then turns around, crying a little, and casts communal mount (hopefully getting wolves so we don't all freak out from getting horses).
As she walks back she whispers under her breath, so softly that it would take an actual effort to hear it.

"I would rather not be here
When whatever we fear
Comes running out of the thicket
But on the bright side
If we take him for the ride
I might get my insanity acquitted

Oh wait."

She stops and looks at the sky for a few moments, distracted, before she starts rummaging though her haversack and pulls out a couple of ingredients that she starts mixing into a vial.

Creating an extract of Augury

She then parks herself directly in front of Sliver, big wide open eyes, red from crying, looking directly into his without blinking.

"Rat-man. Do you know anything more about these bird eating goblins?"

Tyrann
2014-02-16, 08:16 PM
Regardless of what Sliver answers - or of whether he actually answers at all - Itru stops looking at him and instead starts to focus on finishing her extract of Augury.

A few seconds later she puts her thumb over the top of the vial, shakes it a few times, and then chugs it. She makes a face as though she just drank something disgusting (because she did), burps out some purple smoke and zones out for a few moments.

Augury on the action of starting on the road to the Birdcrunchers.

Re'ozul
2014-02-16, 08:28 PM
Sliver

After combing his memory for a while, Sliver capitulates.

"I am sorry, my knowledge is mostly concerned with magic, its application and merchandise. I don't remember any specifics about that tribe."

Sorry, forgot that a question was asked of me.

Plerumque
2014-02-16, 09:15 PM
Itru falls away from reality in a blurring of color, phantom shapes appearing and disappearing, abrupt flashes of movement and stillness dizzying Itru. Suddenly, her sister rises from the roiling mists, reaches for Itru with ephemeral fingertips before fading, a look of sorrow and regret painted on her face. At the same time, light floods across the scene as the sun rises from behind a mountain range. A chasm opens at Itru's feet, and she tumbles in, falling for what seems like eternity before landing sprawled by the river, a number of confused green faces looking down at her.

Weal and Woe, but weighted more towards Weal.

JanusJones
2014-02-17, 09:36 AM
Scab makes a huge production out of noisily falling asleep, snoring mightily. He farts as he does so, creating a rhythmic double-blast of nose and ass that sets up a steady beat.

Tyrann
2014-02-17, 01:03 PM
Itru, who fell flat on her back when the vision started, opens her eyes and rubs her temples. "Woah. That was a big one."

As she gets up she says "Okay, so the Patron informs me that going to the Birdcrunchers won't be without it's problems, but overall it seems like the right thing to do.
Going to the mountain is good. I saw falling into a chasm though. And I saw other goblins. Curious, not hostile.
Oh which reminds me, I actually had heard rumors about the Birdcrunchers. Small tribe, about 40 of them. Chiefs kept on getting eaten by ogres a few months back."

She points to the riding dogs she summoned. "Well, anybody that was without transportation, pick one and let's get going. And I'm sure one of you could fly with me as well."
She looks back at the tree and the flower. "I'd rather not stay here too long. It's depressing."

She calls down her bat mount, gets on, and waits for the others to mount up before she takes off.

JanusJones
2014-02-17, 01:27 PM
Snorting suddenly, Scab sits bolt upright. He then scrabbles on all fours to trade ass-sniffs with his mount before clambering aboard.

Re'ozul
2014-02-17, 02:00 PM
Sliver

Not truly trusting a dogs ability to act as a mount, Sliver concentrates for a moment and a horse appears next to him.
After some scrambling to saddle and get on top of it, he is ready to depart.

darklink_shadow
2014-02-17, 05:22 PM
Dips grumbles to himself and hops around the various riding dogs before grabbing the face of one and staring at it for a while. UGLY! USELESS! He says as he steps back and jumps onto a different riding dog. How did Belle Blackbrew ever become a legendary dog rider? They are no good! As a horse materialize, he shrieks.

HORSE! KILL! KILL! No, wait! I want a horse! YES A HORSE! No, ugly! I don't want that! He leaps back off of the dog and sprints into the treeline, bellowing: I WANT A PRETTY MOUNT! After a short while he howls, yips and smacks his hands before re-emerging atop a giant gecko.Yes! Yes! Perfect!

Plerumque
2014-02-20, 08:42 PM
The edge of the Mosswood is dotted with a few more sparse trees, but soon they're gone altogether, and the journey is featureless until the evening, when the group comes to the first rise, the rocky foothills before the plateau truly rises. There are tracks in the dirt leading up the hill, and a few birds circle overhead, but there are no other signs of life.

Erik Vale
2014-02-20, 08:50 PM
"Carrion birds... Could be food, let's see then rest."
Ghorg simply alters course slightly towards the birds, Marg surprisingly doesn't comment.

Tyrann
2014-02-21, 07:51 AM
"Huntsman? Are we going on a birdhunt?" Itru asks, sounding somewhat surprised.

Erik Vale
2014-02-21, 05:39 PM
"No... Just seeing if we can steal what they found is all."
Ghorg begins stretching in the saddle, suppressing a yawn.

Plerumque
2014-02-21, 09:14 PM
Farther up, the hill dips into a shallow gulch before resuming its upwards course, a thin trickle of dirty water and dead leaves running through it. There's also, incongruously, a glint of metal as the sunlight reflects off of a shiny object. On the other side, the foothills continue up and down for a while before finally evening out into the plateau, though that's several miles ahead.

Erik Vale
2014-02-21, 09:35 PM
"I smell trap."
"I do to."

Can I spot the birds/what they're hovering over: 1d20+5
Signs of a trap!: 1d20+5
Ooh, Shiny!: 1d20+5

2 rolls, one for Ghorg and one for Marg. Ghorg is obviously the larger bonus.

darklink_shadow
2014-02-22, 01:15 AM
YOU CAN SMELL TRAPS?! Dips exclaims with fervent amazement in his voice. Am-az-ing. Am-az-ing. His voice shook with awe.

Where are they?! Dips looked around and licked his lips, eager to play with and destroy some traps. YARG! Ooops... Habit. Dips says with a titter.

[roll0] Perception to see traps
[roll1] to see the shiny.
Also, [roll2] to appraise the item if I can see it.

Furthermore: Lore roll of [roll3] to see if I know anything about the area.
Also: Knowledge Geography for the same purpose: [roll4] (Also Nat 20.)
Knowledge History: [roll5]

And profession Sailor Check to see what this does: [roll6] NAT 20!? WHAT DO MY SAILOR INSTINCTS SAY?

Re'ozul
2014-02-22, 07:08 AM
Sliver

Not as concerned about traps, trusting the more well evrsed in them to find them if they exist, Sliver moves his horse towards the glint of metal trying to identify what it may be.

Perception: [roll0]

Relevant abilities overall:
Constant See Invisibility

@ ALL
Just a reminder, as long as you are within 30ft of me (which for out of combat purposes I assume we tend to be) you get +2 to attack, skills, saves, ability checks.

Plerumque
2014-02-22, 05:45 PM
The glint of metal seems to be a golden pocket-watch, a hairline crack running over the face. On the back, there's the name J. Hores inscribed as well as the form of a stylized songbird. There seem to be no traps either by the watch of near the fire, and the birds soar off after a few minutes.

darklink_shadow
2014-02-22, 05:56 PM
Ooo horse. Dips urges the frog to leap over to the object before he reaches down for it. A watch. Fancy. I can be gentleman with this. YEssss, and then I will have lots of girl goblins... yes! HeheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Dips ended his tittering with a snort that almost caused him to lose his mount. Oh, Hores. That's not horse.

tonberryking
2014-02-22, 07:28 PM
Daes, humorously, hates dogs. She stays well above the ground out of the range of any of the riding beasts and is sour company for much of that time.

Hovering like she's standing on the air, about a hand length above Silver's horse, Daes rubs at her chin. "So, is this the kind of trap we should just walk past, or spring and then walk past, or set up a counter-ambush, spring the trap, and then blow a hole in whatever jerksalot jumps out?" she asks, eyes alight with the mentioning of the third prospect, Because I can get us a free watch from where I'm hovering, or a few yards back. Whichever's safest for little ole me~

Tyrann
2014-02-23, 10:30 AM
"Dips I agree. You would make a excellent gentleman. But if ever tire of being one that watch might be worth a little bit to the right buyer."

When Daes speaks Itru scratches her cheek for a moment and say in a very serious tone

"I don't know, if this is indeed bait I think we just eagerly bit."

A tiny bat crawls out of her robes and nestles itself on her shoulder while two sets of eyes trail along the hills, searching for movement and taking extra care to examine places of potential cover.

"But there are cart tracks here as well so it may just have been lost by a traveler. I do have to admit I have absolutely no clue as to who exactly this J. Hores might be, and I don't think I've ever seen this symbol before either."

Itru and the familiar are looking for signs of a potential ambush
[roll0]
[roll1]

darklink_shadow
2014-02-24, 05:58 PM
Dips sniffed, bulbous tears forming in his eyes, and a few managing to run the hectic and hilly course down Dips' bumpy face. Oh! Janzen! You were so noble! But your flesh was probably also very tasty! Poor Janzen! Why did someone else have to eat you?

Dips clutched the pocket watch to his chest with all the heartfelt emotion you'd have expect if Janzen was Dips' best friend. Don't worry, Janzen! I won't sell your pocket watch unless someone tries to over pay for it! At least double the price! Oh Janzen! Why did you have to... Dips sniffed, and scratched at his face.

Do you think we might be able to find a crashed airship nearby? That might be fun to play with.

Erik Vale
2014-02-24, 09:01 PM
"I... There's a crashed airship nearby? Probably already picked clean though... Well let's go, and yes you can play in the ruins if we find them."

darklink_shadow
2014-02-24, 09:09 PM
Dips leaps off his frog to run over and grab Ghorg by the shoulders. AND WILL YOU PLAY WITH ME?! He squealed, wide eyed. The airship has been picked clean, I'm sure... nothing there but stuff. Not tasty or useful stuff, junk stuff. The stuff that you let sit and be jumped on by Dips...

He sighed and walked back to the frog, which was already apparently unsure who Dips was anymore. Chasing it down and climbing aboard, Dips looks woefully at the party. I don't know if I know where the ruins are. Someone has to help me find it.

Tyrann
2014-02-24, 10:26 PM
"And airship? Really. That flew on the air? That is.. interesting. Wait a moment Dips, I think I might have something for you."

Itru opens her pack and begins to mix reagents into a vial that at first form a filthy red color that violently bubbles and changes color several times before finally staying a bright yellow.

She walks over to Dips and offers him the vial.

"Here. Hold the watch, drink this, and think of mister Hores. Hopefully it will show you where he is now."

Created a formula of Scrying as an infusion. Dips actually knows the guy and it seems appropriate that he would use it. Have fun tripping ^^

darklink_shadow
2014-02-24, 11:09 PM
Dips takes it and prepares t drink it but stops. Wait, yellow is pee. Is this pee? What does this do? Will it make me have to pee?

JanusJones
2014-02-25, 12:10 AM
"Drink the pee!
Find the whores!
It's time to loosen up!
Down the hatch!
Part that thatch!
Raise your yellow cup!"

Scab staggers about drunkenly, leans against a tree, and whips out a beer stein. A foamy liquid is expelled from somewhere in his garments in a noisy stream, and he catches it in the cup, sniffs, and throws his head back with an expression of disgust before, pinching his nose, he quaffs the lot.

When done, he falls flat, tongue lolling.

Erik Vale
2014-02-25, 01:17 AM
"... I worry about you."
"I know exactly what you mean..."

Tyrann
2014-02-25, 06:49 AM
"Huh what? No! Of course not. There is no pee in this potion at all. 100% pee free. Guaranteed. I'm a professional, I go straight for the kidneys. Much more punch that way. Come on now, drink! It will show you dreams of Hores."

darklink_shadow
2014-02-25, 11:45 AM
Dips scowled at Itru. I don't want to have nightmares! Dreaming about dead people is scary! You drink the nightmare drink! Dips shouted and held the potion away from him and then paused. Maybe frog can dream? What if I pour this on him?

Tyrann
2014-02-25, 06:26 PM
"Nooo! Don't waste it!" Itru yells, clearly offended. "The potion works best if you actually know the person or thing you're looking for. I've never seen this Hores so it wouldn't work for me in the way that it could for you. But if you're too much of a coward to drink it, then hand me the watch and I'll do it."

darklink_shadow
2014-02-25, 07:27 PM
NO! MINE! Dips growled and chugged the potion. ACK! NO! NOW I WILL HAVE BAD DREAMS OF DEAD PEOP... whaaaa... Dips zoned out, and had a bad dream about a dead person.

Plerumque
2014-02-25, 08:26 PM
Darkness spreads out, and envelops Dips. He can hear a few distant cries, so faint one might have almost imagined them, and once there is the low sound of a choking sob, but otherwise, it is only void. Time seems to stretch out, elastic, and centuries seem to pass in the space of a sneeze.

Until a dark form rushes out of the blankness and grabs Dips' shoulders in a tight grip, despite being barely taller than him. "You must save them. The scarab!" he hisses in a hoarse voice, and then his shape melts, flowing back into the darkness from which it came. In a few moments that itself disperses, revealing the same rocky hill.

Technically the spell should have failed, since you're scrying on a dead person, but I'm allowing a glimpse into the afterlife and a cryptic warning for your trouble.

darklink_shadow
2014-02-25, 09:04 PM
Dips whimpered at the dead man. Sorry, Hores, sorry. I have your watch. You died. You... Dips blinked, noticing he was back in reality. ITRU!! You WITCH! I'm going to pummel you! You tricked me into seeing dead people! Dips spurred his gecko into climbing up towards the giant bat Itru rode, and leapt off of it to jump onto the bat.

Now he is mad about scarabs and we have to save somebody from something and I had to admit I stole his watch! He'll haunt me forever!

I know, I know, but Itru forced me!

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

I rolled some dice. Let me know how my spring attack works out for me.

Also, I notice I stated out a gecko, but earlier said I had a frog. Dips... doesn't know the difference? Sorry!

JanusJones
2014-02-28, 09:58 PM
Scab kicks his mount and heads on down the road, playing a merry sailor's tune on a pair of tiny, tinny-voiced pipes. He punctuates his companions' flailing leaps and strikes with hoots, whistles, and honks.

tonberryking
2014-03-05, 10:41 AM
Daes seems lost for a moment, floating in the air with a sort of wilted pose. Uh... You want me to shoot you out of your misery, there, Scabby?" she asks before he's up and gadding about again. Ofr course. Despite herself, she smirks and floats along.
"What was that about a scarab back there? One moment we're about to go raid a crashed ship and the next it sounds like a dead person is sending us off onna job...Wouldn't be the first time, but still..."

darklink_shadow
2014-03-05, 04:58 PM
Dips let go of Itru and fell to the ground with a THUMP. A scarab? That's what the dead guy said. Scarab. It's a beetle thingy. Tasty! Shiny too! Best beetle ever! Doesn't even shoot fire at us! Just crawls around being pretty and tasty.

Plerumque
2014-03-10, 08:51 PM
As the group argues, those with sharper ears can seem to make out a low moan, apparently coming from over the hill. The slight breeze ceases and the grass stops rustling as the low- pitched sound grows in volume and urgency, although it still seems a long way away.

darklink_shadow
2014-03-10, 08:55 PM
ACK! Dips leapt away from the terrible sounds, hiding behind a larger ally. Ghosts! There are ghosts coming to get us for not eating the scarabs and saving Janzen in time!

Feel free to not think it's a ghost, but Dips is overly excitable.

Erik Vale
2014-03-10, 08:57 PM
Ghorg immediately wheals Marg about, Marg's ears strained.
"Settle down you lot... That's not just the wind."
Ghorg takes the moment to check his acid rounds are ready.

JanusJones
2014-03-10, 10:41 PM
Scabs continues down the road, tootling his flute.

Plerumque
2014-03-11, 07:13 AM
Past the hill, the group can find the source of the noise without much difficulty. However, it appears to be emanating from behind a solid rock wall.

Erik Vale
2014-03-11, 03:37 PM
"I... This must be magic... Perhaps this is someone's cave? Shall we see?"
Morg suddenly brightens, one hand reaching into his armor.

darklink_shadow
2014-03-11, 06:09 PM
Or a ghost. Ghosts can go through walls. Maybe a demon ghost vampire mummy! Or... a ghost scarab? Dips licks his lips and continues to hide behind his allies.

Re'ozul
2014-03-15, 01:32 PM
Sliver

Sighing to himself, Sliver steps forward, the stone wall only an arm's length away. His arm moves up to shoulder height and his fingers skim the surface.
Finally his hand rests flat against the wall, and the stone ... changes.

It 'flows' outwards, surging past him and to his sides, a mess of sharp corners and flat surfaces. A mere moment later, it has taken the form of two amorphous blobs to the side of what now is a perfect cube of nothing measuring ten feet an edge. Sliver smiles deviously and the 'liquid' rock surges.

Eyes travel upwards as the blobs gain height, while loosing width, then reshape themselves into very recognizable forms.

Scab and Dips now watch over the hole in the wall, each fifteen feet tall and with grins on their face.

Making a craft(stoneworking) check for how good the likeness is. (Spoiler: with my check modifier, likely really good).
Craft (Stoneworking): [roll0]

Meh, crappy roll, but huge modifier is useful.

Erik Vale
2014-03-15, 07:24 PM
"I.... We'll it's faster then mixing things."

darklink_shadow
2014-03-15, 08:19 PM
Dips looks at the tunnel, then at himself in statue form and then at Sliver before finally letting his eyes soak in the glory that is himself made from stone. Ehhehehe! Look it's me! Now everyone will think I'm a hero guarding a tunnel! With glee, he jumps onto his earthen twin and scrabbled up a bit before sliding back down. This is the best! Sliver is the best! BEST!

Plerumque
2014-03-15, 09:44 PM
The ten-foot penetration does not break through, although the sound grows louder and higher-pitched, almost frantic now.

Erik Vale
2014-03-15, 10:09 PM
"That... Most Certainly has to be spirits of some kind... Perhaps we should leave them, or at least let me mix reagents first."

Ghorg lets go of his Hackbutt, instead grabbing his pistol, flicking some sort of dial and checking the bomb load.

darklink_shadow
2014-03-15, 11:22 PM
Don't worry, we have stone guardians now. Their magical powers will help us defeat the wicked evils nearby by passively making us stronger and them weaker! Dips grins, still clamoring all over his stone embodiment.

Erik Vale
2014-04-07, 07:29 PM
Mixing up reagents Ghorg suddenly whips out a dogs bowl and further mixes the reagents in there... The concoctions smells a little acrid, but Marg laps it up.
"Good boy. Now you get to dig. Leave a tunnel if you can, if not, come back."
Marg rolls his eyes before padding up to the tunnel, and once he reaches the end, attempting to dig in.

Making a Burrow Infusion
Marg drinks infuion [animal companion]
Marg burrows into cave, leaving a tunnel if possible.
If not possible, Marg burrows in, looks around, then comes out to tell us what's there. He can talk.

Plerumque
2014-04-07, 07:49 PM
Marg burrows into the entranceway, realizing after he's dug for a few meters that the noise is coming more from below him now- and then, abruptly, it stops.

Erik Vale
2014-04-13, 10:47 PM
Ghorg quickly and quietly converses with Marg, motioning to the others [if they chose to also follow] that the things are below.

With quick motions, Ghorg tells Marg to burrow a spiral, that way they could use it as a stair case instead of just jumping down. He then tells Marg to try and not to have them need to drop from the roof of a tunnel as possible.
This time Ghorg follows further back, pulling a strip of cloth up to cover his mouth.

Plerumque
2014-04-14, 09:22 PM
Marg breaks through the ceiling of whatever tunnel or chamber is there in a few moments. A pitch-dark, ragged hole before his paws, the wolf looks back at Ghorg inquisitively.

Erik Vale
2014-04-14, 09:52 PM
"Let me see."
Ghorg and Marg eventually make their way around each other, and Ghorg looks down the hole, trying to spot what he can with his darkvision.

darklink_shadow
2014-04-14, 10:56 PM
Dips licked his lips nervously and crawled over to the hole, peeking in with his darkvision as well, but trying to keep his presence hidden from the hundreds of thousands of evil demon ghost worms he imagined lurked down there.

[roll0] Perception
[roll1] Stealth

Plerumque
2014-04-16, 04:37 PM
The hole leads into a shaft that appears to continue for a long way- perhaps fifty or sixty feet. At the very bottom, a small, doll-like figure appears hunched up, its legs drawn and face buried. If it notices the hole, it gives no outward reaction. Around it, something seems to glint, as if the air was filled with tiny particles of diamond dust.

Erik Vale
2014-04-16, 05:00 PM
Ghorg looks down on the child.
Normally, he'd kill it. Maybe even eat it. This wasn't a normal situation. Looking around, Ghorg directs Marg to dig a tunnel leading into a wall or to the floor. Turning to dips he says simple
"Wait here."

Plerumque
2014-04-16, 09:22 PM
Marg whines at the hole, but begins to dig another shaft adjacent to the creature's prison. However, as soon as the wolf vanishes into the pebbled earth, the figure seems to turn and look up at Ghorg and Dips. Its eyes glow white, pinpricks of light in the oppressive darkness.

darklink_shadow
2014-04-16, 09:31 PM
Dips inches away slightly, trying to keep hidden. Finally he moves away even further and crawls away from the hole. Deeeeeemon! He whispered into the ear of Sliver. He took a step away from Sliver and nodded before getting back on the ground and crawling out of the cave.

Erik Vale
2014-04-16, 11:20 PM
Ghorg frowns then shrugs. He rides a cursed demon [He can never remember the name, the sort that liked bowing to them...] after all. And it's not like it's a daemon... Maybe. They tend to be uglier.
'At least... I think I remember them being uglier. Perhaps I can get a bargain out of the thing instead of a m-... No, no meal. But perhaps a favor. Doesn't matter, I'm sure Marg would be interested in at least trying, see if he can get un-cursed.'
Eventually he turns to follow Marg down the new winding tunnel.

Plerumque
2014-04-17, 09:14 AM
Marg digs down towards the end of the pit without breaking into any other chambers. At the bottom, he turns to Ghorg expectantly. No sound can be heard from the other side.

Erik Vale
2014-04-17, 08:06 PM
"Why so scared all of a sudden?"
Ghorg tilts his head slightly as he looks at Marg, speaking that strange language only Marg seems to understand.

Marg can talk in Common [Pearl of Speech], has a int of 3.
Marg can also speak a language only Ghorg and Marg can stand [curtesy of Totem Guide Archtype]

Plerumque
2014-04-17, 10:39 PM
"Strange. Two... two smells. No smell. Can't tell. Can't know. Strange." Marg growls, deep in his throat. "Go? You go. I go. We go?"

Re'ozul
2014-04-18, 03:30 AM
Sliver

Intrigued by the mention of a demon, Sliver half walks, half crawls down the narrow tunnel.

Looking down the long shaft, he digs into his knowledge to see he maybe came across such a form of prison in some book.

Knowledge rolls:
Arcana [roll0]
Planes [roll1]

Erik Vale
2014-04-18, 11:16 PM
Slowly Ghorg nods... He then loads his rocket pistol and checks to make sure his rocket bombs are all ready. And he checks his ammunition pouch, not sure if they would help... Maybe. From what Ghorg guessed, there were two creatures, but one wasn't seen or smelling right, which ment some sort of ghost or something, however his mind came up rather blank for dealing with them.
Loading acid rounds into his pepperbox, Ghorg speaks.
"We go. Don't attack."
With that, Marg turns to break into the chamber, and Ghorg stands behind him, rocket pistol drawn, but pointing down, his stance relaxed but obviously faked.

Re'ozul
2014-04-19, 03:22 AM
Sliver

A short burst of energy and four lights at varying heights illuminate the shaft, shortly after joined by a small flying creature.

"Terribly sorry to bother you. Could you help me and inspect that path that seems to branch off this shaft down there? Perhaps, if you are comfortable with it, even take a closer look at the being down at the very bottom?"

Not wasting time, he starts pulling rope out of his robe as he talks.

Dancing Lights
Summon a Grig (SMII, lasts effectively indefinitely (24hours base))
Start pulling rope out of my "Robe of infinite Twine"

Plerumque
2014-04-19, 10:17 PM
With a blow from his paw, Marg knocks a hole in the barrier, but backs up to the side of Ghorg before entering. The bottom of the shaft is cast into an eerie light by the glowing eyes of the figure, who upon closer inspection appears to be a female gnome (or at least something that looks like one). She tilts her head as she looks curiously into the goblin's eyes, and he feels something wriggling into his mind, like an elusive thought that evades all attempts to capture it.

Roll a Will save, DC 19.

Plerumque
2014-04-23, 07:47 PM
In an instant, the glittering in the air disappears, and Ghorg feels his thoughts settle back into place- although in perhaps a slightly different order than they were previously. The glow in the gnome's eyes slowly fades, and as her green eyes lose their last luminence, she screams once, high and piercing, and falls silent.

Erik Vale
2014-04-23, 08:06 PM
Ghorg winces as the girl screams, meanwhile Marg growls, with a wave of his hand Ghorg silences him.
"Quiet, there is no need to scream. What is your name?"
Ghorg's eyes dance around the room, expecting some sort of shadow or ghost to come out at any moment, Marg standing back by the whole such that the creature would have to brush past him. His pistol is instead at his shoulder, pointed up to the roof now instead of the floor.

Plerumque
2014-04-23, 08:27 PM
Trembling, she backs away from Ghorg, and tries to speak, but all that comes out is incoherent babbling in a unknown language. Silencing the flow, her eyes dart around the chamber, but realizing there's no way out save for the tunnel behind him, her fearful gaze returns to the goblin. Up close, Ghorg can tell that she is wearing a hefty explorer's outfit rather than the norm, with the addition of a pair of knives at her side. She doesn't even appear to consider using them, though.

darklink_shadow
2014-04-23, 08:48 PM
Dips continues to mutter about demon ghosts, and hide behind Sliver, clearly terrified of everything going on. He holds one of his weapons, ready to fight, but too frightened to engage an enemy before his comrades do.

Re'ozul
2014-04-25, 04:19 PM
Sliver

Unsure of what the strange being in the cloud of diamond is, Sliver cuts off the now long enough rope from his vest and fastens it to the stone edge of the shaft, asking Dips to keep hold of it as an additional safety measure.

Thinking about preperations, he comes to a conclusion and retrieves three wands, taps himself with each and restows them in his belt.

Another quick thanks to the Grig is uttered before he dismisses it, then jumps down the shaft.

All spells DC 18 and CL 10
Hide from undead
Protection from evil
Shield

Ring of feather falling
Constant See Invisibility

Plerumque
2014-04-25, 05:25 PM
The gnome shrinks back even farther as the ratfolk descends, squeezing herself into the corner and releasing another torrent of babble. Realizing with a confused expression that she can't speak straight, she makes frantic hand gestures, trying to get the strange beings to back off.

Re'ozul
2014-04-25, 05:43 PM
Sliver

Sliver holds up his hands, hoping that the gnome will recognize the universal symbol for "no threat".

It is times like these he wishes that the gnomes that had frequented his master's shop had actually spoken their tongue, maybe then he would have felt the need to learn it.

As it is he can only speak softly but clearly in the common tongue.

"Do not be alarmed. We wish you no harm."

Plerumque
2014-04-25, 06:08 PM
The gnome nods fiercely and makes a throat-slitting motion, appearing to regain some of her bravado, but it fails to be intimidating coming from someone trembling in the corner. She inches her way back into the center of the room, eyes darting from Sliver's claws to Ghorg's rocket-launcher to Marg's jaws. Finally confident that they mean her no harm, she taps her head then points to Ghorg, inclining her head curiously.

Erik Vale
2014-04-25, 07:38 PM
Ghorg tilts his head. Then hold up one finger, glad that the potion he's concocting helps with sign language.

Quickly he begins mixing things from various pockets, including a fair bit of platinum, and then drinks it.

"Ok, if that's actual sign language I can understand you now, and if not I can understand about any language, so please repeat."

Making and using a universal formula to replicate tongues [it turns out I actually have that], speaking whatever language the gnome understands, and hoping that she actually put ranks in linguistics for a sign language.

Plerumque
2014-04-26, 10:14 AM
The gnome hesitates and speaks again. To everyone else, it comes out as garbled nonsense, but Ghorg hears the meaning underlaying it. The whisperer is gone. My mind, your mind? Is it banished?

She's speaking in Aklo.

Erik Vale
2014-04-26, 08:27 PM
"There's no whispers..."
Ghorg looks suddenly quite confused, then his eyes open slightly.
"The color in your eyes, it wasn't yours? You're mortal? Something else was in you?"

Ghorg spoke fluently in Aklo, much to others probable displeasure. He wasn't knowledgable about the facts of possession, devils, demons and the like, but there were enough rumors around the camps for him to have various conflicting ideas about.

darklink_shadow
2014-04-26, 08:42 PM
GHORG IS POSSESSED BY A DEMON! Dips screamed and drew his other weapon, holding one towards Ghorg and one towards the other demon gnome creature thing.

Erik Vale
2014-04-26, 09:52 PM
"Am not! Now lower your blade before I shoot you sleeping!"
Ghorg points his pistol in Dip's general area.

Plerumque
2014-04-26, 10:32 PM
The gnome shrinks back, putting one hand on a dagger and speaking again in the incomprehensible language. He calls us a demon. Why? The whisperer is gone.

Erik Vale
2014-04-26, 11:43 PM
"The whispers are demon..."
Ghorg states this quite simply in the same language, half a question before his mind races, his pistol shifts a little, then back towards Dips but still not pointing at him.

'I don't have the whispers... The demon mustn't be in me... Which leaves Marg and Dips. Marg could be hiding it and Dip's could be confused, or Dips could be controlled! He could be hiding it trying to claim it's me! The others would likely kill her for food and we might need her... And if Marg, his curse could be lifted all to himself! He wouldn't think he owes me! I'd be forced to serve him and I don't want to...'

Ghorg is a smart goblin, had he applied himself to rule the limits of his goblin empire would be based purely on others allowance of one forming, and his ability to curb other goblins lack of impulse control. However he didn't, and while also less insane than other goblins, he gave into aggresive impulses as well, the only thing stopping him right now was that Marg and Dips weren't close enough together for him to then call Itru to try and force the demon to help them, under his guidance of course...

"Marg! Get closer to Dips!"
This time Ghorg spoke in yet another language, this one the one only Ghorg and Marg shared, but his tone left no room for argument, so despite Marg's confusion he began advancing quietly on Dips, slowly entering the blast radius...

'Perhaps I should call Itru now... But I called before. They musn't be able to hear me... I'll grab the others after I make them sleep. That and they may not trust me, I need them to trust me, if they don't see things may be better."

darklink_shadow
2014-04-27, 03:16 AM
NO! DONT EAT ME! Dips screamed and grabbed Sliver's hand, and running away, letting go if Sliver didn't follow. Running into he found someone else to hide behind. Whomever it is Dips finds, he calmly explains through vigors hand gestures and blood curdling screams that: THERE IS A DEMON GNOME AND GHARG IS A DEMON AND MARG MIGHT BE A DEMON AND EVERYONE IS A DEMON AND I DON'T WANT MARG TO EAT ME AND I AM GOING TO HIDE IN THE WOODS, DONT TELL ANYONE!

And then Dips will go find a rock or a tree to hide behind, after making a puff of smoke.

Use Fire (Smoke) domains power to make a smoke cloud.

Run and hide.
[roll0]

Scream check (diplomacy)
[roll1]
to convince whomever I see next that everyone is demons, forever.

Re'ozul
2014-04-27, 04:26 AM
Sliver

Sliver sighs at the antics going on around him.
His first observation from above had made him pretty sure that this was no work or manifestation of a demon.

Still, a closer comparison might be better.

A quick wave of his hand and continued concentration on the gnome should allow him to figure out what is going on.

Though his left hand was getting tired, staying up in the air in reassuring way all the time.

While the spell was slowly trickling information into his mind, he tried going through his memory if he had ever heard anything specific about this area respective to demons in his books.

Detect Magic: 3rd concentration if possible.
Spellcraft: [roll0]

Knowledge Arcana: [roll1]
Knowledge the Planes [roll2] (likely more relevant with demon imprisonment methods)

As pertaining to his book knowledge about this area:
Knowledge History: [roll3]
Knowledge Local [roll4] (whichever is more pertinent)

Re'ozul
2014-04-27, 05:02 PM
Sliver

Hoping that the concoction that Ghorg drank mimics a certain spell he knows, Sliver starts talking at him in Gnoll as the Gnome is unlikely to understand it.

"Ghorg, she may not be as she appears. I sense two sources of magic on her, one of a protective nature the other rooted in illusions. Both may be minor or benign, but could indicate subterfuge."

He tries his hardes to keep up a factual and even slightly jovial tone as if he was giving good news, so as to neither make the gnome uncomfortable nor suspicious.

It is likely a good thing that Dips has run away as this would not assuage his concerns.

Bluff: [roll0] (to do the mentioned)

Erik Vale
2014-04-27, 05:13 PM
'Ok, so that was Dips being Dips... Marg obeys so it's not in him... Silver's being rational, perhaps it's just hiding in her...'

Ghorg nods, both to himself and Silver before speaking to the Gnome in Aklo.
"My friend detects magics on you, illusions and protections. Just gear right?"

[roll0]

Plerumque
2014-04-27, 05:56 PM
The gnome lets out another torrent of gibberish. Demon? There's a demon here? Where is it? Where is the whisperer? You did not banish it, it is not gone. What? I have magic in a few of my posessions, yes. The whisperer is not speaking to any of us; normal behavior would be impossible. She unsheathes a dagger, holding it pointed out in front of herself. When it wishes to make itself known, it will do so. It knows we know what it is. It will not be long. She stares warily around the pit.

Erik Vale
2014-04-27, 06:27 PM
Ghorg holds a hand out to stay Silver while re-pointing his gun near the gnome, but not at as he keeps speaking to the gnome in Aklo.
"Do you have a item that generates Illusions? If so, please take it off."
He then turns to talk to Silver in Gnoll.
"Yes, she has magic items, I've asked her to drop any that generate illusions. She is fearful more than anything."

After a moment, he decides it may have settled in him... He suddenly feels hopeful.
'If you're in here, please make yourself known. I'd like you here. I think we could work together.'

Plerumque
2014-04-27, 08:30 PM
The gnome shakes a pack of cards out of her sleeve, holds it up, and sets it down carefully on the ground, taking a step back.

Ghorg feels nothing stir in his mind at first, but after a few moments, the smallest hint of a question mark forms itself within his consciousness- an alien feeling within his mind, but one of relatively benign curiosity.

Erik Vale
2014-04-27, 08:35 PM
Ghorg motions from the cards to Silver halfheartedly so as for him to look at them and recheck for magic.
He's much more interested by what's in his mind.
'Yes! I... Your not going to try and control me are you? Maybe ask things for favours but if you try and control me.'
Ghorg suddenly felt just a little frightened despite the threat, however with his thoughts bubling he would continue before whatever it was could respond.
'What-, no I never studied that... Just know Imp's and Barghests and Barghests wouldn't need to, and I've never heard of a imp doing this... I never heard specifics though... How powerful are you?... No, welll yes, but also, why aren't you in your own body?'

Plerumque
2014-04-27, 08:55 PM
Ghorg feels wrath kindle in his mind before four words lash out at him, making him stumble back with their intensity: No fiend am I.

Erik Vale
2014-04-27, 09:34 PM
Ghorg stumbles back suddenly, wincing.
"Behave! I didn't say that."
Ghorg snarls in Orc, which while fairly common is considered a slightly more polite language to swear in among the rarer more refined goblins, not even realizing that he's vocalized it, though realizing shortly after he's moved... He then growls shaking his head.
'Idiot... You better hope they agree with me housing you otherwise you're about to loose a host.'

Re'ozul
2014-04-28, 04:18 AM
Sliver

Seeing his comrade start talking with an unknown and, from his reaction, rather violent entity, he retrieves the wand he used to ward himself against such things as he takes the cards.

"If you need help I can provide means to temporarily disallow entrance to the mind by spirits of both benevolent AND malevolent disposition."

He tries to convey the same to the gnome by mimicking touching her with it, then whispering with a questioning look, pointing at his head, followed by shaking his head in negative.

Erik Vale
2014-04-28, 04:29 AM
Ghorg laughs a little.
"When I need such help I shall state such... I am just bringing the... Thing to a understanding. It'll bend soon or it shall break..."

'And you will bend, but I would rather you bend peacefully, with me helping you and you helping me.'

Plerumque
2014-05-07, 06:31 AM
Ghorg's head nods up and down by its own volition. Very well... The voice sound sullen, likea petulant child that can't get wat it wants, but Ghorg feels a sliver of foreign power flowing through him, allowing him access to mre potential than he could have achieved on his own. It is... intoxicating, to say the least.

The entity has switched to being a helper for the time being, so yu can add a +2 profane bonus to one ability score.

Erik Vale
2014-05-07, 09:57 PM
Others might notice Ghorg looks... Very slightly larger... With redder skin.

Applying to Con. I think I might need it.