PDA

View Full Version : Murder in Adrilanka (3.5) [IC: Before the Ball]

Techwarrior
2014-02-08, 02:17 AM
You have found yourself here at the Keep of Sillan, his Lordship's Seat in Adrilanka. A guard, Michael Vallick, is giving you directions on your duties for the night.

"I need the pair of you to watch over the ballroom. Occasionally there is a drunken brawl, or a challenge is issued. I'm not asking you to prevent the challenges, just to keep them from getting out of hand. Challenges are traditional and time-honored, just make sure both the participants and their seconds adhere to Protocol and we won't have a problem. Keep the drunken fist-fighting to a minimum, and try not to offer insult to anyone. Any questions?"

mrcarter11
2014-02-08, 03:16 AM
Belcor nods his head in acceptance. Another day, another job. Keeping party ruffians apart should be an easy day.
"No questions here. I know what my job is . Thank you.

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-08, 09:10 AM
Rat Korga stares at the guard, his blue eyes never blinking as his duties are explained. When he is sure the guard is done, he nods his head once, arms folded across his chest.

Techwarrior
2014-02-09, 09:04 PM
"In that case, how many weapons do you require that can't be concealed easily? I have a pair of stones that can conceal a single weapon each. These are not mine, but are on loan from the guards. So make sure to be incredibly careful with them."

This man quite obviously thinks the magic items he's offered are above you, but he's on orders to offer.

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-09, 09:17 PM
Rat Korga grunts, looking down at his warped hands. A ghostly mist surrounds them, violet vapors that almost suggest talons. "I don't need weapons to watch over a ballroom," he says. He removes the three long javelins from his belt and sets them down. "I doubt I will have much need for these."

Techwarrior
2014-02-09, 09:33 PM
The guard looks at Rat with a mildly disturbed look seeing his warped hands.

"What.. are those?"

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-09, 09:56 PM
Rat Korga meets the guard's eyes and holds the stare, drawing it out for the space of several breaths. "My hands," he says dryly. "I suppose I can wear gloves if they... offend."

Techwarrior
2014-02-09, 10:59 PM
The guard regains his composure.

"That would be a good idea. Wouldn't want the guests to become frightened."

And then under your breath you can just hear him mutter.

"Gods bedamned witches..."

mrcarter11
2014-02-10, 12:35 AM
Belcor looked at his weapon of choice. It would be far more entertaining to keep it on his person to help stop any outrageous behavior before it started, but it likely wouldn't look good.
"If it's all the same, I like keeping my lady on hand. Just in case anything was to occur. "

It's clear from his gestures that the bladed pole-arm he holds is his, lady.

Techwarrior
2014-02-10, 01:11 AM
"Excellent. Remember that this is on loan. The Guard will want this back at the end of the night Sir."

Michael hands Belcor a cloudy white gem set in a silver frame.

"Attach it to the hilt, and then speak the words Onir Serranah over the crystal. I suggest that the two of you familiarize yourself with the ballroom. The event will be starting soon."

Belcor
This is a command word activation weapon augment crystal (Magic Item Compendium).

The guard gestures for you to leave, the ballroom being in the next room.

The Ballroom
There are a few servants putting place settings on tables around the edges of the very large and grand room, and a rather worried looking man in finery bossing people around. This room, as well as all of the others, is brightly lit, but not with any obvious lamps, torches, or other lights. Chandeliers hang from the high ceiling, and on a stage at one end of the room is a collection of musical instruments. One of the servant's, a maid quite obviously uncomfortable here, bumps into you and spills some kind of alcohol on Rat.

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-10, 08:30 AM
Rat Korga reaches one of his clawed hands to the maid and gently moves her aside. His clothes are well-worn, and this is not the first stain they have seen. He sniffs at the alcohol on his clothes and moves on, eyes scanning the ballroom for places where trouble might arise, nooks that quarrelsome attendees might slip to if avoiding the public eye.

mrcarter11
2014-02-10, 12:05 PM
Belcor takes the crystal and while not happy about hiding his weapon, assumes it to be for the best. Once the weapon is concealed, Belcor moves into the next room with the other fellow.

Smirking as his compatriots luck as a drink is spelled on him, Belcor moves towards a corner of the room from which he can more easily maintain a vantage point of the ballroom.

Techwarrior
2014-02-11, 05:10 AM
The crystal buries itself into the haft of Belcor's weapon almost like it was trying to envelop itself in the weapon. Upon activation, his weapon shimmers and fades, rippling in and out of sight. When Belcor places it back in it's holster it disappears, but he can still catch a ripple or shimmer out of the corner of his eye.

As the pair of you scan the room, the finely dressed man approaches Rat Korga. The girl who spilled the drink is hurriedly trying to sop up the spill with her dress, not even realizing the stains the wine is going to cause to the fine material. The man has a vaguely mouse-like look to him, and his voice reminds you of one as well: all high pitches and tiny squeaks.

"You sir. What is your business."

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-11, 08:12 AM
Rat Korga stiffens, the man's fine livery making him suddenly embarrassed of his own well-worn and stained clothes, and the fact that he has not yet had a chance to find gloves.

"Just here to keep things civil this evening," he says. "Um, sir," he adds, not quite sure how to address the man.

Techwarrior
2014-02-12, 01:09 AM
The mouse-looking man snears slightly.

"Sir?! I am Justicar Aris Tant'lar, and I will have the-"

"Stand down Aris. You will show respect in the presence of a Weaver."

A human woman enters the room, wearing a dress of elegant blues. She has dark hair with a few grey sprinkling, and a few laugh lines. Having chastised the man, she strides across the room and curtsies to Rat.

"My apologies Weaver. I am called Sylena, what is your name?"

Rat Korga
Knowledge (Religion)
A Justicar is a member of the militant arm of the church of Heironeous. They are some of the weaker members, but even joining requires solid martial prowess as well as the blessing of the Knight. (Essentially a Cleric 1-3 of Heironeous with a martial favoring.
Knowledge (Arcana)
A Weaver is someone who shapes incarnum. (A meldshaper)

Belcor
This woman is Sylena Valken, Lady of Valken. She is rumored to be skilled with a blade, and is known to be quite studied.

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-12, 07:59 AM
Rat Korga drops his eyes. He attempts what he thinks is an appropriate bow in response, but it is stiff and awkward. "Korga is my name," he says. "Most call me Rat."

Techwarrior
2014-02-12, 11:22 PM
"Korga, or Rat. Interesting name. Maybe you'll be able to tell me how that name came to you later tonight. I must be off. Aris, your commander wanted to speak to you. He's in the stables."

The woman shoos off the Justicar, and then turns back to Rat with a bright smile. She waves and then walks off.

Another guard enters the room and speaks to Belcor. He wears a gray tunic and light mail, the outfit of a Keep Guard.

"Hail. I could have sworn I'd met you before... What was your name?"

Belcor doesn't recognize the man, but he feels a strange sense of familiarity towards the man.

mrcarter11
2014-02-12, 11:30 PM
Belcor looks at the man carefully. He was unsure of why he may know this man, but he didn't like it in any case.
"My name is Belcor, I don't think I caught yours though, my good man."
Guarding civilians at a ball was not what he had, had in mind to help his reputation.

Techwarrior
2014-02-12, 11:46 PM
"Eric. Second Fist of the Keep's Guard. I'll be watching over the ballroom with the two of you. Where did you learn how to use a weapon? Maybe I know you from there."

He shifts his weight back on his heels as he begins to think.

mrcarter11
2014-02-13, 12:01 AM
Belcor can't remember where exactly he would know this man, though certain possibilities were quickly apparent.
"Sorry I don't think we have met. I learned my weapon of choice when I was still new to the City Guard. Now a days, the same weapon still treats me well. "

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-14, 02:13 PM
Rat Korga looks around uneasily. "Have you taken on many similar duties in the past?" he asks. "A ball is... outside my typical milieu."

mrcarter11
2014-02-14, 02:23 PM
Belcor laughs a weak laugh. Thinking back to his time when he was near the top. And now the guard had him working chaperon duties as ball.

"I didn't use to work stuff like this, now a days, I work whatever they assign me too however. My typical jobs range from repealing riots to basic patrol. So, are you guard or mercenary?"

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-14, 06:52 PM
"Guard, for the most part," Rat Korga mutters. "A bit of mercenary work when nothing else is available. Never any long jobs, though. I... I mostly stay in the city these days."

mrcarter11
2014-02-15, 06:10 AM
"Same, I rarely leave it these days. So, think anything exciting will happen tonight?"

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-15, 06:30 PM
Rat Korga takes a deep breath, trying to catch all the different scents in the ballroom. "Gods only know," he says. "These are interesting times."

Techwarrior
2014-02-16, 02:06 AM
"As a Keep Guard, one tends to get suck with such duty. Don't tell anyone, but I've heard that there's supposed to be a live steel show during the ball. Sort of a scripted recreation of Talneir's legendary duel with Valeir while the bladesmith tried to teach him highly advanced swordplay in a week."

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-17, 07:08 PM
"That should break up the monotony a bit," Rat Korga says. "Although I hope it does not inspire the attendees to try their own hands at swordplay."

mrcarter11
2014-02-17, 09:25 PM
Belcor laughs rather stiffly, but his smile makes you uncertain of his intentions.
"Perhaps if they do, the two of us could educate them in the finer points of swordplay"

Techwarrior
2014-02-18, 10:06 PM
Another guard brings a rough-looking, cloaked man.

This ruffian was in the kitchens, trying to poison the food."

"Ah well, we'll take care of him. Dispose of the food, and do a sweep of the area."

"Yes."

"Would you do the honors of interrogating him for me? I have to send to Lord Sillan now. He'll want to come down and hear this."

The two guards leave the two of you alone with the prisoner.

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-19, 08:47 AM
Rat Korga looks surprised when the disheveled young man is dropped roughly before him. He spends several minutes inspecting the young man without saying a word, searching his pockets and checking his clothes, leaning in close to catch any distinctive scents. Once he has completed his search, he looks at the man awkwardly for a while.

"Oh, hells, interrogation was never my strong suit," he says finally. "Who are you and why were you trying to poison the food?"

OOC: Rat Korga currently has scent from being in Hunter's Sense stance, and uses it to try to catch the whiff of any poisons, and also to identify the ruffian's scent for future reference. Not sure what rolls are necessary here, if any, but just for fun, here's a Search and Perception:

Search [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

Techwarrior
2014-02-19, 12:09 PM
Rat smells something strange, this man smells faintly of the sewers, soap, and filth, as if he has recently tried to purge the stench from his body.

The man chuckles quietly, eyes darting around the room, looking for an escape route.

"A'm shorly not abouts to just up and tell ya that now am I? Who'd go and do a t'ing like that eh?"

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-19, 06:25 PM
Rat Korga shrugs. "Well, I tried," he says. "I said I wasn't very good at this sort of thing."

He reaches forward and picks up the ragged man by the scruff of his shirt, lifting him off the floor. The mist-like talons that surround his twisted hands pierce the shirt as he hoists him up.

Rat Korga turns to Belcor. "Unless you want to have a go, I plan to knock him out and tie him up until Lord Silan sends word," he says, sounding almost bored by the thought. "Maybe they'll send someone down with more... experience in such matters. In the meantime, we should probably keep him out of the way of the ball."

Techwarrior
2014-02-19, 11:57 PM
The man visibly gulps.

"Ack! Lord Sillan you said? I swear, I din't want to do it! You don't know the miss! She'd have killed me stone dead if I didn't try!"

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-20, 08:41 AM
Rat Korga holds the squirming man at arm's length, disgust writ plain across his face. The shadowy mantle across his shoulders seems to swirl in annoyance. "I have no sympathy for poisoners, scum," he says. "You should have let her kill you. I see no reason not to let Lord Sillan have his way. Who is the miss? Why in the hells does she want to poison a ball?"

Techwarrior
2014-02-20, 10:26 PM
"Not the whole ball, just one table's food. And uh... I din't know exactly who she'd be. Keeps a cowl round her face. But I know she killed my friend Buddy. They fount'im in the river."

mrcarter11
2014-02-21, 08:07 AM
Belcor silent til now groans aloud at the prisoner.

"They found HIM, or considering the lack of education I assume you have, I'd even accept found "em" in the river, but really are you much of an uneducated vagabond that you can't speak properly. A lady killed your friend, and you thought the best course of action was to help her. Didn't think she would just kill you as well once your part in her plan was done? I feel like you really failed to think this out. Perhaps instead of worrying about you, or trying to keep an eye on you, we should just break both your legs and store you in some closet where you won't bother the fine guests here. "

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-21, 08:33 AM
Rat Korga looks around, dragging the unfortunate young man around with him as he turns to pay close attention to each table. "Which table's food were you trying to poison? And where did you meet the miss?"

Techwarrior
2014-02-22, 01:20 AM
"Well maybe you can take your fancy schoolin' and shove it some'ere dark and painful."

The man's eyes dart back to Rat.

"Erm. Back at my place. And that one."

He points to a seemingly random table just beside the kitchen.

Rat:
Knowledge (Local)
Having spent several moments smelling his stench, you realize that you've been missing something. This is a Wererat.

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-22, 04:51 PM
Rat Korga gives the small man a hard look. "That table, over there? Are you sure?" He points to the table to make sure he has the correct one. He attempts to catch the eye of another guard. "Do you know who is to be seated at that table?" he calls to the nearest guard.

Looking around, he gives another hard sniff, then leans in close to the man. "By the way," he says, his voice lowered but still gruff, "does Lord Sillan know of your... condition? I'm not one to judge personally - I've always had a soft spot for rats, myself - but I know many others are of a less accommodating mindset."

Techwarrior
2014-02-22, 05:43 PM
"Uh, I believe that Lord Darshiva and his guests were to sit there."

The little rat-man shakes his head.

"Erm... No he don't Mister. I'd take it as a favor if you din't tell 'im.

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-23, 02:23 PM
Rat Korga raises an eyebrow at the news that the intended victim was Lord Darshiva and his guests.

Turning back to the man, he seems to think for a moment, pondering the dirty little man's request. "I don't know," Rat says. "I don't like to lie to Lord Sillan. Bad things tend to happen to those who lie to Lord Sillan. Is there anything else you're not telling me? I'd like to help you, but I don't want to put myself into any trouble. The more I can tell Lord Sillan immediately, the less he'll... push the issue later."

Techwarrior
2014-02-23, 09:13 PM
The rat-man visibly gulps and pales.

"Erm yea.. In that case, ther's a couple of minor heists some of the pretties 'ere tonight might want to pin on me."

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-25, 08:28 AM
"Oh, I don't need your life story," Rat Korga says with a smirk. "Just some of the major points. Things that might appease Lord Sillan, so that he does not think to bother asking more detailed questions."

Techwarrior
2014-02-26, 08:42 AM
"Ok... Hm..."

The fearful little man tries his hardest to think of something, after what seems an eternity, he leaps up.

"The Mistress! She said summit 'bout how she's gonna know if I failed 'er cause of 'er-

What little color the man has drains from his face.

"bein 'ere tonight."

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-26, 08:56 AM
"Hmm," Rat Korga says, pondering for a moment. "Well, I'm sure Lord Sillan isn't going to want his new plaything killed before he gets a chance to ask some questions of his own. If we see the mistress of yours, we can keep her from killing you. But I've never been good at telling high society people apart by sight. One fancy dress looks much like another to me. What does your mistress smell like?"

Techwarrior
2014-02-26, 09:25 AM
The rat-man turns his nose up as if remembering something unpleasant.

"Summit cold 'n damp. Kinda reminds ya of a lizard."

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-27, 02:08 PM
Rat Korga nods. "Interesting," he muses. "Well, I'll pass on all you've told me to Lord Sillan when he arrives. Assuming you have been honest and forthcoming, I would imagine this is enough to mitigate some of the... harsher forms of questioning." He takes a deep breath through his broad nose, nostrils flaring. "I have your scent," he says, "and I never forget a scent. If Lord Sillan lets you go free, I do not expect to smell you in these parts again unless you have found more honorable work."

He shakes his head. "Even under duress, I cannot confess to much sympathy for your situation. Better to fight and die than to become something as foul as a poisoner," he adds, a note of disgust creeping into his voice at the thought of such an occupation.

Techwarrior
2014-02-27, 02:15 PM
The man gulps, obviously understanding what you mean. When you insult him for being a poisoner (not for being a coward), he takes offense and exclaims loudly.

"It wasn't even a lethal poison! It was just good ol' dark elf knockout serum. Something lethal woulda been noticed. The Mistress was gonna offer to take the 'poor drunks' home or summit is wha' she said."

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-27, 02:30 PM
Rat Korga suppresses an urge to roll his eyes. "Well, that's something, I suppose," he says. "Did the guards who caught you dispose of all your poison, or do you have more hiding somewhere? I'd hate to see you tempted to try to use what's left."

Techwarrior
2014-02-27, 02:49 PM
"With Lord Sillan and his cronies watchin'? Not a chance."

The rat-man coughs.

"I mean, yea they got it all. Search me if ya feel it necessary. You've a nice nose though. Don't believe me, go ahead and smell; it's got a pretty rancid odor. Here give my sleeve a wiff, I spilled a bit of it couple days ago while I was a-brewin' the stuff."

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-28, 01:09 PM
Rat Korga gives the man a hard look. "I'm not about to gleefully inhale knockout poison on your say-so," he says.

Techwarrior
2014-02-28, 07:28 PM
"Sorry Boss. Din't think o' that. You's gotta swallow it for it to work."

The rat-man bows his head as he speaks, clearly ashamed

Piggy Knowles
2014-03-02, 10:36 AM
"Still, I'll pass," he says. "I'm going to trust you for now, but if it turns out you're hiding more poison somewhere, I'll be forced to tell Lord Sillan everything about you. What's your name, anyhow?"

Techwarrior
2014-03-02, 02:45 PM
"Name's Chipper good Master. Thank you."

OOC:
Let me know when Rat is finished with the interview.

Piggy Knowles
2014-03-02, 04:36 PM
Rat Korga smiles, a terrible sight showing off his scarred face and crooked teeth. "No, thank you, Chipper," he says, grinning. "Most just call me Rat."

OOC: Yeah, Rat's done with the interview at this point.

Techwarrior
2014-03-04, 12:27 AM
"So, Korga. What did you find out?

Eric reenters the room, escorting two men, one obviously the Lord Sillan, and a man wearing a gray military tunic with a longspear on his back, a longsword at his side, and a bow slung over the shoulder. Lord Sillan seems agitated and makes it clear. The other man is calm and collected.

"Yes, what did you find, don't waste my time?"

You can roll Knowledge (Local) or (Nobility and Royalty) to attempt to identify the stranger.

Piggy Knowles
2014-03-04, 07:44 AM
Knowledge (local) [roll0]

Rat Korga breathes in deeply to catch Eric's scent. All this talk of poison and assassination has him nervous. Once he is sure it is the same person, he begins to speak. Still unsure of the etiquette, he keeps his eyes down, but his voice is gruff and shows little signs of formality.

He gives Chipper a shove - rough-looking, but not actually particularly hard. "This here is Chipper," he says. "He was coerced by an unknown woman, who was responsible for killing a friend of his. She threatened to kill him unless he slipped knockout poison into the food at Lord Darshiva's table. According to Chipper, she intended to attend this ball, and once the poison took effect, she was planning on offering to escort them home."

"Chipper here swears that he does not know this woman's name," he says, and scowls at Chipper, a terrible look on his face. "He seems terrified enough that I just might believe him. He is convinced that she will be here tonight, ready to kill him for failing to complete his task. He also believes that she is not entirely... human. He has caught hints of her that remind him of lizards, he says. You may take from that what you will."

He shakes his head. "If this scum knows anything else of consequence, I was unable to discern it," he says. "However, I suspect he does not. I believe he is a pawn, being used and discarded by this unknown woman. Frankly, if I were her, I wouldn't trust this man with secrets of any consequence either."

TaiLiu
2014-03-04, 09:20 PM
Doctor Yao, Unlicensed Medical Professional

Time to make a dramatic entrance! I kick the door open, letting the sound of royal trumpets lead my grand entrance.

"It is I, Doctor Yao, unlicensed medical professional and guest of Lord Dorian Darshiva! Greetings, Lord Sillan, mysterious person, and highly regarded security guards!"

Doctor Yao casts Ghost Sound.
Knowedge (Local) on Man; take Ten: [15].

Piggy Knowles
2014-03-04, 10:30 PM
Rat Korga looks surprised at the sudden entrance. He sniffs the air and looks around, shuffling his feet.

He is not a pretty sight. Rat Korga is a tall man, large and awkward, looming above even most of the other guards. Where there is skin, there are scars. On his neck and part of his face, a blotchy, discolored patch mars his dark skin as though he was once burned. His hair is fuzzy and uneven, cut short but still springing oddly from his head.

Though he clearly attempted to clean up for guard duty at a ball, the effort has only made him look all the more ridiculous. He is wearing what he seems to think is a fine jerkin, but it fits ill over his mail shirt, and a large wine stain (seemingly recent) is spreading across it. He seems to be wearing odd sharkskin boots, large things with life-like claws on the ends.

"Who -" he stammers, looking back and forth between Eric, Lord Sillan, the mysterious stranger, and this new presence. "Um," he adds, after a moment's consideration.

TaiLiu
2014-03-04, 10:50 PM

"Oh!" I leave the background tooting as I turn to greet the scruffy man. "Are you here for the ball, too? You know" - here I get close and wink - "I still need a dancing partner." I turn and eye Chipper. "And who is your handsome friend here?"

Techwarrior
2014-03-05, 08:56 AM
"Excellent work Korga. Now we just need to find a way to keep him safe for the night."

The guard following behind Yao bows to Lord Sillan and begins to apologize.

"I'm sorry Sirs, I didn't think there was anything important going onhere right now. She was insist that she be able to help choose the flowers for their table. I didn't see any harm."

"No, you did fine. We actually were just getting ready to leave."

Lord Sillan speaks up, his voice smooth and deep.

"Master Kobold, why did the Lord Darshiva invite you here tonight?"

Yao
Spellcraft:
Yao identifies the ghostly claws as Rat Korga's Bloodclaws soulmeld.
Knowledge (Arcana)
Rat is a Weaver, capable of shaping Incarnum, the energy of souls, into quasi-physical manifestations of their will. Most Weavers tend to become exemplars of their chosen belief, and seldom can stay still long.
Knowledge (Local)
The unidentified man is Keith Havard, Third Fist of the Keep Guard and personal bodyguard to Lord Sillan.

Piggy Knowles
2014-03-05, 11:02 PM
"Are you here for the ball, too? You know" - here I get close and wink - "I still need a dancing partner." I turn and eye Chipper. "And who is your handsome friend here?"

"Dance partner?" Rat Korga looks around awkwardly. "I - I'm just here as a guard," he says. "I'm no dancer."

TaiLiu
2014-03-08, 03:34 PM

He didn't even greet me! How rude. I quickly changed the tune to that of twelve humans grumbling. "Ask him yourself," I said, twirling around to answer the far more polite Rat. "Too bad," I said, "Is your friend up for dancing?"

Techwarrior
2014-03-09, 06:34 PM
Eric raises his hand calmly before Rat can answer.

"Perhaps Chipper is, but he is currently under the custody of the Guard, for his own safety and the safety of the guests, specifically you and yours, Guest of Lord Darshiva."

Chipper looks down at his feet, clearly ashamed to having his actions rubbed in his nose.

Piggy Knowles
2014-03-09, 08:54 PM
Rat Korga looks around, still taken aback at Doctor Yao's request for a dancing partner. "No one said anything about dancing," he mutters under his breath.

Then he straightens up. "Shall I escort Chipper anywhere?" he asks Eric, his cheeks hot. He looks down at himself, startled to see the wine stain from earlier. "I should, ah, probably change clothes before the ball begins, too. And Michael Vallick suggested I find gloves as well. He was worried I might be too... rough for some of the guests." He holds up his gnarled, twisted hands.

He bows once more to Lord Sillan and, thinking on it for a moment, offers a bow to Doctor Yao as well. "Unless of course you have further questions or duties for me, that is, my Lord," he adds stiffly.

TaiLiu
2014-03-09, 10:43 PM

I gave him a nonchalant hand wave, dismissing both his concerns and my magical music spell. "He seems perfectly harmless," I asserted, "If you're worried about that, you could just disarm him, if he's armed. Besides, this is a ball; I need a dance partner - and I'm willing to take personal responsibility if he makes a ruckus. Besides, you don't want a scandal about the lax security at this ball, do you?"

"My solution transforms this supposedly dangerous and uninvited individual into an approved guest of a guest of Lord Darshiva." I nudge the nearby guard. "I'm sure he has done nothing truly deadly. You agree with my plan, right?"

Diplomacy: [roll0]
Reward: Getting Chipper off their hands; removing a potential scandal; treating a guest properly.
Doctor Yao asks Rat Korga to Aid Another: specifically, herself and her Diplomacy check.

Techwarrior
2014-03-09, 11:37 PM
Lord Sillan stands tall and firm, although his face shows he is relenting.

"That sounds like a fine idea, Master Kobold. If you're sure you can keep an eye on the man, even in the face of his Mistress, then I am willing to remand you to his custody."

Eric glances at his lord worriedly, and hurries to expand on that.

"Don't hesitate to ask any of the Guard for aid with him."

Chipper smiles sheepishly, and crosses over to Yao, although is unsure of what to do next. He seems concerned, and tries to express that quietly.

"I don't know how to dance..."

Diplomacy Success.

Techwarrior
2014-03-10, 10:55 PM
OOC:
Finish up whatever you feel needs finishing here, and then go back to the regular game thread for the fast-forward to the ball.

Piggy Knowles
2014-03-11, 09:14 AM
Rat Korga looks at Chipper, then at Doctor Yao. When Lord Sillan no longer seems to be paying close attention, he attempts to catch the doctor's eye. "A word, Doctor?" he asks nervously.

Pulling away from the others, he drops his voice. "If you're taking hold of Chipper for the evening, I would take care. He is a shapeshifter, a wererat. I think he is mostly harmless, so I did not mention this to the others, but if you intend to keep him as a dance partner, it is worth keeping in mind," he whispers. "I will try my best to keep a close eye on him as well, but if granted a moment of inattention, he could easily assume another form and escape."

OOC: That's about all I can think of for pre-ball prep. I'll move over to the IC thread.