PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Game Idea (Input Greatly Appreciated)

EgoisticSpark
2014-02-08, 10:22 AM
Hi everyone,

I have been a long time lurker here (years and years), but I'm finally coming out of the shadows to post.

My group of friends, like many of you, has been playing multiple games in multiple systems for some time now. We recently decided that maybe it was time for us to start creating something.

To that end, we would like to start using a streaming service like Twitch to show a game as it happens, perhaps as often as once a week. We're not going to be making any money off of this, nor will we be asking for money (besides, I know this would be a good way to attract the banhammer).

Like the tread title says, we're going to be using Pathfinder. We have been writing campaign world material for this setting for a while, and would like to try to showcase it here. PM me if you would like to be linked to the GDoc that I am working on for it. Ask nicely and I will give you comment rights.

We're also not content to simply play. We would like your input on this. Here's what one of the guys has to say about it.

“Hey Guys!

In late march I am launching a live D&D (Pathfinder) Twitch stream. What's the catch you say?

You the community will control one of the six characters. So the first question is, what kind of party role do you want to play?

DPS?
Support?
Tank?
BARD?

Cast your vote sometime between now and next Friday.

Once the votes are in I will take the majority vote and move on to more specific questions. By the time of the launch we'll have a character built and ready to rock!

So what do you say, guys?”

To add to this, I will say that I am excited to share my material. I really want this to be a fun way to get creative feedback some of my work.

So, my pitch being made, let me know what you think. Like the title says, I really appreciate any input, even if that's "This is terrible and will never go anywhere". Thanks.

EDIT: I durped and spelled "Input" incorrectly. Good first impression, me.

(Let me know if this is the wrong forum for this. I read the rules sticky, and I think I'm in the right spot, but please let me know if I need to relocate)

NightbringerGGZ
2014-02-08, 10:29 AM
Party Face! Trust me on this, nothing could go wrong with random strangers on the internet being your party's main individual to interact with all NPCs!

EgoisticSpark
2014-02-08, 10:59 AM
Party Face! Trust me on this, nothing could go wrong with random strangers on the internet being your party's main individual to interact with all NPCs!

I like the smell of your gin, sir.

NightbringerGGZ
2014-02-08, 11:24 AM
I like the smell of your gin, sir.

Thank you! That would be Bourbon however :smallsmile:

Btw, I'd be interested in reading up on your homebrew world. I always find them to be more interesting than official worlds.

Snowbluff
2014-02-08, 11:30 AM
Party face sounds good, but being overpowered would be pretty cool. A lot of this forum is dedicated to optimization, after all. :smalltongue:

Maybe a Beguiler?

EgoisticSpark
2014-02-08, 12:53 PM
Party face sounds good, but being overpowered would be pretty cool. A lot of this forum is dedicated to optimization, after all. :smalltongue:

Maybe a Beguiler?

I loved the Beguiler from the PHB 2. I have been looking at the archetypes on the Pathfinder SRD, and the closest matches I can find are maybe the Sandman for the Bard (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/archetypes/paizo---bard-archetypes/sandman), although that's really more of a Spellthief, or maybe an Illusionist Wizard with the Infectious Charms Discovery (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/archetypes/paizo---wizard-archetypes/arcane-discoveries/infectious-charms).

Neither really seem to cut it. This may be a case for homebrew, unless someone knows of a conversion that has already been done.

Snowbluff
2014-02-08, 11:46 PM
The way Beguiler is designed, it should convert smoothly using the conversion guide. Unfortunately, the spell list might have to be expanded if its PHBII spells aren't being carried over.

A Kitsune Enchanter (wizard or sorc) should work, too. Max out the enchantment DCs to literally Dominate everything.