PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Monk/Soulknife Gestalt (Arena Fighting)

JohnStone
2014-02-08, 01:57 PM
The Game: Gladiator style fights for the entertainment of the crowd. No WBL, No Items (except Weapons/Armor).

The Rules: Starting Lvl 4. All character are gestalt Monk(archetype)/XXX. 20 point buy. Human Only.

My Soulknife: Monk(MoMS,Ki Mystic,Qiggong) / Soulknife (Deadly Fist,Gifted Blade)

Abilities:
7,16,14,10,20,7 (wisdom for human and lvl 4)(I Don't like negatives but this is a competition and there are no ways to increase abilities with items)

The Builds:
1)Dodge, Crane Style, (M)Snake Style
2)(M)Snake Fang, (BS)Focused Offense
3)Improved Initiative (P)Inertial Armor
4)(BS)Focused Defense
5)Combat Reflexes
6)(M)Mantis Style,(BS)Improved Flurry,(BS)Combat Slide
7)Ability Focus (Stunning Fist)
8)(BS)Mind Shield?
9)Elemental Fist
10)Efreeti Style

This build utilizes focused defense and crane style for amazing AC and then turns that back on the attacker. later we focus on Stunning fist and elemental damage while trying to keep AC relative.
(the only problem I see is too much focus on certain styles could i replace Combat Reflexes and Ability focus with something better)

1)Improved initiative, Weapon Focus (Unarmed)(M)Dragon Style
2)(M)Dragon Ferocity, (BS)Focused Offense
3)Elemental Fist(Fire) (P)Inertial Armor
4)(BS)Combat Slide
5)Dodge
6)(M)Efreeti Style,(BS)Improved Flurry,(BS)Mind Shield
7)Crane Style
8)(BS)Focused Defense
9)Punishing Kick
10)Efreeti Stance

This build focuses more on offense using more of my WIS to do damage while giving me other utility options. My AC is decent at early levels and reaches its highest potential later.

Please tell me what you think about these ideas Remember there are NO ITEMS so resistances are somewhat low and abilities raise VERY slowly.

Questions:
Can Stunning Fist be used as an AoO
Psychokinetic Discharge (Deadly Fist) is a ranged Unarmed Attack can this be used with Stunning Fist / Snake Fang to hit archers?

Interest: thought you might like to know some of the other Player Choices
Monk(Zen Archer)/Marksman-this sounds dangerous
Monk(4Winds)/Psion(Nomad)-Raiden?
Monk/Fighter(Brawler)-ouch

JohnStone
2014-02-08, 06:24 PM
Remember this is a game of gestalt monks, there is NO WBL, or Magic Items. So considering the circumstances which build would you do. Or would you create something different.

JohnStone
2014-02-10, 09:10 PM
*Bump* after editing

Psyren
2014-02-11, 12:02 AM
Crane Style got nerfed, which version are you using?

You don't appear to have a 10th-level Bladeskill; I suggest Mental Power.

JohnStone
2014-02-11, 05:18 AM
Your unarmed fighting techniques blend poise with graceful defense.

Prerequisites: Dodge, Improved Unarmed Strike, base attack bonus +2 or monk level 1st.

Benefit: You take only a –2 penalty on attack rolls for fighting defensively. While using this style and fighting defensively or using the total defense action, you gain an additional +1 dodge bonus to your Armor Class.