PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to make a ~12th level build to defeat a higher level party.

Socksy
2014-02-08, 02:25 PM
The amount of optimisation currently going on at my place is "lactose intolerant", to the point where as a third level party, the fifth-level bad guy (completely unoptimised, bog-standard Elan psion who my brother thinks is an elf for some reason) managed to beat them at melee range without losing a single hit point (and barely any power points either).

Anyway, said psion summoned a devil with the help of a group of clerics of Hextor, and she's bargained with it in order to get arcane power. Can someone help me build a psion(5 + ?)/warlock(??) pretty well optimized? Flight and invisibility a big plus. The Psion half is telepath. If there's a manifester/warlock Theurge class hidden out there somewhere, it would be appreciated. She's going to be the BBEG (unless the party chooses to do some dumb things, in which case that'll be a particularly unstable Maenad barbarian), but the party should be about 15th level encountering her, and consisting of a cleric, bard, janni (who has so far only taken levels of janni, probably going for a CG paladin variant), and rogue.

So, tl;dr, optimized psion/warlock, Theurge class if there is one.

Vaz
2014-02-08, 02:37 PM
You're going to need to be able to break the action economy in some manner. Anticipatory Strike is a 5th level power, and requires Psion 9. Synchronicity allows further breakage by giving you actions, while Time Hop evens it up in your favour; target the enemy low-will save and send it into the future.

You have Metamorphosis as a Psion 7, which gives you Polymorphing abilities for Flight.

To help out against the party, if you were willing to change into a Drow, or houserule away the requirement to be a Drow on the Blend Into Shadows Feat, giving you Hide in Plain Sight rendering those who haven't got Darkvision etc sorted by now a hard trouble, which is near enough Invisibility.

Mortalbane gives you a 2d6+2d6 Eldritch Blast from Warlock 3; plus further optimization (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165476). As much as you wish, anyway. No need to choose all of them.

Kaje
2014-02-08, 02:46 PM
Could a StP Erudite/Warlock get into Cerebremancer?

Socksy
2014-02-08, 02:50 PM
I think they could... Maybe... Not sure. I'll cerebremance her if there's no other way to Theurge.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-02-08, 03:13 PM
Definitely get Psicrystal Affinity and keep Share Pain continuously active on it. Keep in mind that its Hardness 8 will reduce every instance of damage it takes from Share Pain by that much, regardless of the original attack's damage type. She should keep the psicrystal in a compartment on her person so opponents never have line of sight/effect to it and cannot target it directly or hit it with area effects. The psicrystal should wear a Healing Belt (MIC) which it can use to heal the psion when needed.

It should be easy to adapt Eldritch Theurge in CM to a Psionic/Warlock hybrid instead of an Arcane/Warlock hybrid. Just switch everything about arcane spells to psionic powers and trade Kn: Arcana for Kn: Psionics. Say she actually traded some Psion levels for Warlock, and make her a Psion 3/ Warlock 3/ Eldritch Theurge 6. That will give her Psion 9 manifesting and Warlock 9 invocations, and be sure to include Practiced Spellcaster: Warlock and Practiced Manifester: Psion.

Invocations should be Fell Flight, Beshadowed Blast, Eldritch Spear, Devil's Sight, and Darkness. Powers known should include Psionic True Seeing, Psionic Freedom of Movement, Telekinetic Maneuver (to use with Spellblast), Time Hop (Beshadowed via Eldritch Spellweave), Dispel Psionics, Energy Stun, and Crystal Shard. Inertial Armor and Force Screen are highly recommended, as well as any choice discipline powers that may be available.

Items should include a Greater Chasuble of Fell Power, Gloves of Eldritch Admixture, Anklet of Translocation, Healing Belt, and whatever else you feel is necessary.

Socksy
2014-02-08, 04:14 PM
Youuuu are amazing. Can I get some links for those magic items?