PDA

View Full Version : Fun with planes! Water, Stone, Wood, Swamp?

felinoel
2014-02-08, 03:34 PM
So I want to have some fun with planes and need some fun planes having to do with Water, Stone, Wood, and Swamp.

Now Water and Stone are easy, Elemental Plane of Water and Elemental Plane of Earth, Wood is slightly harder since the Elemental Plane of Wood is a bit less canon, but what would I use for Swamp? Something toxic or the like would work too...

Also if you know of any better planes to use for Water, Stone, and Wood please shout them out!

I will also accept/am looking for mild campaigns for these planes. I can come up with my own but hey if someone else has something better I want to know. :P

Anxe
2014-02-08, 03:36 PM
There's probably a Abyss level that is all swamp, does that work?

felinoel
2014-02-08, 03:39 PM
There's probably a Abyss level that is all swamp, does that work?That sounds ESPECIALLY fun.

That indeed would work. :3

Know of any campaigns for such a level?

EDIT:
Hey how dare you, you joined a year before me! :smallfurious:
:smallwink:

Also if you know of any better planes to use for Water, Stone, and Wood please shout them out!

S@tanicoaldo
2014-02-08, 03:45 PM

I will also accept/am looking for mild campaigns for these planes. I can come up with my own but hey if someone else has something better I want to know. :P

What do you think about a huge yggdrasil like tree, attached to a huge mountain and both around a huge lake/orb of water?

Three elemental races fight for the supremacy of the plane.

Sounds kind of cliche but it can make some nice scenery. Something like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8d/The_Ash_Yggdrasil_by_Friedrich_Wilhelm_Heine.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/354/d/1/yggdrasil_by_satanoy-d359gza.jpg

felinoel
2014-02-08, 03:51 PM
What do you think about a huge yggdrasil like tree, attached to a huge mountain and both around a huge lake/orb of water?

Three elemental races fight for the supremacy of the plane.

Sounds kind of cliche but it can make some nice scenery. Something like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8d/The_Ash_Yggdrasil_by_Friedrich_Wilhelm_Heine.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/354/d/1/yggdrasil_by_satanoy-d359gza.jpg
I think that that would be an excellent session or five's story, have the wooded entity (that I didn't mention but is the reason why I am going with these four element-like things)'s story be here and have a new FIRE entity destroying the plane!

What would be good for Water, Stone, and Swamp?
Lava, Acid, and Dirt respectively maybe?

Brookshw
2014-02-08, 03:52 PM
Paraelemental plane of ooze might serve as a swamp alternative.

felinoel
2014-02-08, 04:00 PM
What do you think about a huge yggdrasil like tree, attached to a huge mountain and both around a huge lake/orb of water?If you are unaware you pretty much described the Elemental Plane of Wood with that Yggdrasil-like tree. Except this one is more of a banyan tree that never ends and has no roots or leaves.

Paraelemental plane of ooze might serve as a swamp alternative.Ah yes of course!!!
How could I forget the paraelemental planes?!

S@tanicoaldo
2014-02-08, 04:11 PM
You could go with the huge vulcano with poison and steam.

But I think that is a bad ideia. After a volcanic eruption that burns the forest to ashes the soil get more fertile.

I think a much more original ideia is a huge and civilized plane that destroy everything that is natural in order to build huge planar cities of stone and metal. All is artificial nothing is sacred.

And fire in this setting could be more related to the aspects of revolution, construction, civilization, metallurgy and evolution than destruction that is very common, dull and unoriginal. After all we owe all our comfort and technology to the discovery of fire.

felinoel
2014-02-08, 04:32 PM
You could go with the huge vulcano with poison and steam.

But I think that is a bad ideia. After a volcanic eruption that burns the forest to ashes the soil get more fertile.I don't think there is any soil in the Elemental Plane of Wood, just a really big tree lol

I think a much more original ideia is a huge and civilized plane that destroy everything that is natural in order to build huge planar cities of stone and metal. All is artificial nothing is sacred.I totally love that idea.
I could have a plane orchestrating these attacks. The Fire being attacking the Elemental Plane of Wood, the Lava being attacking the Elemental Plane of Water, the Acid being attacking the Elemental Plane of Earth, and the Dirt (? maybe something else lol) being attacking the Paraelemental Plane of Ooze and those are just the known ones, several planes have already been destroyed all due to these guys!
lol I could have them be like the Krikkiters of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!
http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Krikkit
They just discovered life elsewhere and decided that it needed to go because it conflicted with their understanding of the universe.

And fire in this setting could be more related to the aspects of revolution, construction, civilization, metallurgy and evolution than destruction that is very common, dull and unoriginal. After all we owe all our comfort and technology to the discovery of fire.Oh lol I should have read on, this is cool too!

S@tanicoaldo
2014-02-08, 04:38 PM
I don't think there is any soil in the Elemental Plane of Wood, just a really big tree lol

I totally love that idea.
I could have a plane orchestrating these attacks. The Fire being attacking the Elemental Plane of Wood, the Lava being attacking the Elemental Plane of Water, the Acid being attacking the Elemental Plane of Earth, and the Dirt (? maybe something else lol) being attacking the Paraelemental Plane of Ooze and those are just the known ones, several planes have already been destroyed all due to these guys!
lol I could have them be like the Krikkiters of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!
http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Krikkit
They just discovered life elsewhere and decided that it needed to go because it conflicted with their understanding of the universe.

Oh lol I should have read on, this is cool too!

LOL it is up to you. I'm just tossing some ideas... Use it as you like.

felinoel
2014-02-11, 01:24 PM
LOL it is up to you. I'm just tossing some ideas... Use it as you like.To be honest I am a BIG fan of the Vashar... wonder if I could involve them somehow...

EDIT:
Ok! Now I've trapped them in the Elemental Plane of Wood, lol they don't seem to understand that they are trapped there though nor do they realize it is a new plane.

Brookshw
2014-02-11, 01:27 PM
Ok! Now I've trapped them in the Elemental Plane of Wood, lol they don't seem to understand that they are trapped there though nor do they realize it is a new plane.

Being on a giant tree surrounded by trees with no ground in sight didn't tip them off? Huh, wierd. Attack them with wooden dinosaurs till they figure it out :smallbiggrin:

Meth In a Mine
2014-02-12, 12:15 AM
It's a little late, but Shedaklah, the 222nd layer of the Abyss is a giant chaotic evil swamp.

felinoel
2014-02-12, 01:47 AM
Being on a giant tree surrounded by trees with no ground in sight didn't tip them off? Huh, wierd. Attack them with wooden dinosaurs till they figure it out :smallbiggrin:It is a giant banyan tree, so it looks like a heavily wooded area
I was throwing wood dogs at them but I like dinosaurs!

It's a little late, but Shedaklah, the 222nd layer of the Abyss is a giant chaotic evil swamp.I only have the Wood plane decided atm, well I kind of used the physics of the Water plane to force them but yeah, still taking other suggestions!

Particle_Man
2014-02-12, 01:53 AM
You need to put Yoda into the Swamp plane, somehow. :smallsmile:

felinoel
2014-02-13, 03:45 AM
You need to put Yoda into the Swamp plane, somehow. :smallsmile:

I can certainly do that. :smallbiggrin:

Being on a giant tree surrounded by trees with no ground in sight didn't tip them off? Huh, wierd. Attack them with wooden dinosaurs till they figure it out :smallbiggrin:
Wouldn't the 200ft radius sensory thing alert all wood creatures to the dinosaurs being killed?