PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Wand based combatant

Santra
2014-02-08, 06:22 PM
So I have a player who is wanting to play a Wand focused character and was wondering what options there are. All I know off the top of my head are wand chambers for weapons and I believe rods of many wands. Are there any good wand options that I am missing? Honestly no one in our group has ever done too much with wands outside of buffs or the occasional one we found.

I was hoping you all had good ideas to help with this.

GutterFace
2014-02-08, 06:48 PM
wand strike is fun

or dual wand wielder if you are not going for an Eberron based Canith Wand adept

BowStreetRunner
2014-02-08, 06:53 PM
Here are a few:

Double Wand Wielder feat, Complete Arcane
Reckless Wand Wielder feat, Complete Arcane
Wandstrike feat, Complete Arcane
Metamagic Spell Trigger feat, Complete Mage
Residual Magic feat, Complete Mage
Rod of Many Wands item, Complete Mage
Metamagic Wandgrip item, Complete Mage
Siphon spell, Complete Scoundrel
Wand Modulation spell, Complete Scoundrel

Xerlith
2014-02-08, 06:59 PM
Cannith Wand Adept
Incantatrix
Artificer

Dual Wand Wielder feat.

An Artificer/Cannith Wand Adept is a big time great wand user/crafter. Metamagic Spell Trigger, hell yea.

Piggy Knowles
2014-02-08, 07:05 PM
I like Wand Overdrive (http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/3641156), by Tempest Stormwind. Basic concept is an artificer who goes into Cannith Wand Adept, then uses Legacy Champion and Uncanny Trickster to continue progressing Cannith Wand Adept beyond its two levels. Every wand it wields gets +13 to the DC and +11 to the caster level (or +13 CL if you burn an extra charge), and you can burn charges to apply metamagic effects. Oh, and you can dual wield wands as well. So, imagine a gunslinger wandslinger who fires off a quickened twinned, repeating spell, followed by another twinned, repeating spell with each wand that he's dual wielding... at CL 20 and DC 34. That's taking it to the extreme, but still, that's not a bad nova strike for a wand wielder - six spells in one round, and next round six more as they repeat.