PDA

View Full Version : What is in Julio's Letter?

rgd20
2014-02-08, 07:00 PM
Dear Elan - by the time you read this letter, I'll have taken my spare flying carpet and left the ship.

Being the good Bard that he is, as soon as Elan heard the voice-over, I presume he stopped reading the letter (assuming he had even started). Since he (Julio) has not yet left the ship, Elan hasn't read the note, so what could it say?*

*I know this is silly, I am in a silly mood today.

Bob Dillon

Lorick
2014-02-08, 07:10 PM
In panels 8 and on, Elan holds the letter out so we can see it, and it's blank. It might have been the Giant not bothering to draw fake words, but I think its funnier if the letter says nothing, and Julio just started talking once he opened it.

Keltest
2014-02-08, 07:10 PM
pfft. Being a good bard, Elan would proceed to read the letter and assume something terrible happened to Julio, likely through his (Julio's) own folly.

DeliaP
2014-02-08, 07:54 PM
Elan: don't react or say anything, I'm standing right behind you giving a voice over to provide cover for what you're about to read. You see I need to tell you some plot critical information that can't be revealed to anyone else about whether a vampire retains its soul, how this relates to the breakup of an old adventuring party I used to know, why no-one seems to remember that raven that keeps following your party around, what the psion that works with you father has always wanted from him (its to do with this monster that always in darkness, but I'll explain about that monster over the page) and why its important that there's a sure fire way to determine the gender of an elf. But first, I should let you know: your surname is really.....

SaintRidley
2014-02-08, 11:01 PM
As you can see, nothing. That's why Julio is there for the voice-over.

Socksy
2014-02-10, 05:15 AM
Elan: don't react or say anything, I'm standing right behind you giving a voice over to provide cover for what you're about to read. You see I need to tell you some plot critical information that can't be revealed to anyone else about whether a vampire retains its soul, how this relates to the breakup of an old adventuring party I used to know, why no-one seems to remember that raven that keeps following your party around, what the psion that works with you father has always wanted from him (its to do with this monster that always in darkness, but I'll explain about that monster over the page) and why its important that there's a sure fire way to determine the gender of a lizard. But first, I should let you know: your surname is really.....

Fixed it. fxdhgsdfjdgjs

The Pilgrim
2014-02-10, 08:02 PM
So, Elan knows how to read now?

BobTheDog
2014-02-10, 08:39 PM
So, Elan knows how to read now?

He's always known how to write (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0017.html). That implies he's also always known how to read.

[Edit: Also, in the Origin of PCs, he reads inn signs.]